Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
Amy Myers, MD
Amy Myers, M.D. is a functional medicine physician, trained and certified by The Institute of Functional Medicine. Dr. Myers earned her Doctor of Medicine at the LSU Health Science Center, and completed her Emergency Medicine residency at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
Dr. Myers retired from her functional medicine clinic, Austin UltraHealth, where she served thousands of patients, to empower those who were failed by conventional medicine. Shes a 2x New York Times bestselling author, and the founder and CEO of the health & lifestyle e-commerce brand, Amy Myers MD®.
Need a delicious soup to celebrate fall? This Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup is the perfect recipe to really get into the season. Its so simple and easy to make, thanks to how the recipe uses an Instant Pot. With only gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients, this allergy-friendly soup makes a wonderful, cozy, weeknight meal.
Blend & Season Butternut Squash Soup
Search and discard the 2 bay leaves.
Blend butternut squash soup in Instant Pot into desired consistency with an immersion hand blender.
Add ½ 1 cup of heavy cream in butternut squash soup, then mix well.
Taste the Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup, then season with more salt and ground black pepper.
*Pro Tip: For reference, we used roughly 2 3 pinches of salt to season properly & open up the flavors.
What if my Butternut Squash Soup is too thick?
If you used a bigger butternut squash, the squash soup can become too thick. Dont worry! You can thin it out by adding more unsalted chicken stock and bring the soup to a simmer. Be sure to taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
Pressure Cook Butternut Squash Soup
Add 2 tbsp regular soy sauce and 4 ½ cups unsalted chicken stock in Instant Pot.
Add in roasted carrot chunks and butternut squash chunks . Give it a quick mix and try to submerge them as best as you can.
With Venting Knob in Venting Position, close the lid, then turn Venting Knob to Sealing Position.
- Pressure Cooking Methods: Pressure Cook at High Pressure 5 minutes + Natural Release 12 minutes
*Pro Tip: If you would like to roast the butternut squash seeds, now is a good time .
After 12 minutes, release the remaining pressure by turning Venting Knob to Venting Position.
Open the Lid carefully.
Read Also: Lipton Soup Pot Roast Recipe
Amy’s Organic Light In Sodium
In a large soup pan, sauté ginger and garlic in olive oil until aromatic. Add squash, potatoes, onion, and apple to the pan, sprinkle with cinnamon and sauté for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add broth and bring to a boil. Turn heat down and continue to simmer, partially covered until potatoes, apple, and squash are tender.
Up to4%cash backProduct Title Amy’s Organic Butternut Squash Soup, 14.1 oz (Pack o … Average rating: 4 out of 5 stars, based on 3 reviews 3 ratings Current Price $37.08 $ 37 . 08
What Is Butternut Squash
Butternut Squash , is a type of nutritious winter squash that can be roasted, sautéed, grilled, toasted, puréed, mashed, or pressure cooked.
Butternut Squash tastes sweet, juicy, nutty, rich & dense, somewhat like a pumpkin or sweet potato. Its great for making soups, pasta, raviolis, puree, casseroles, risotto, pies, hummus, saladseven the seeds are edible!
Its a good source of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, yet low in calories, and has lower carbs than sweet potatoes.
This rich & hearty Butternut Squash Soup is an ultra-smooth, savory-sweet taste of fall. So comforting & satisfying to eat, I couldnt resist licking my bowl clean!
Plus, its a great way to sneak in healthy nutrients for those picky kiddos.
Read Also: How To Make Gravy From Onion Soup Mix
There Is Misleading And Erroneous Information On General Mills Progresso Web Site Regarding The Inclusion Of Sugars
For Progresso Toppers Loaded Potato Soup, General Mills states No added sugar – our ingredients speak for themselves. Aside from the fact that they are denigrating their own can of Progresso Loaded Potato Soup which contains Added Sugar, the statement is False given that on the very same page the ingredients for this Progresso Toppers product are listed and there is one inclusion of Dextrose and two inclusions of Sugar. Dextrose is the type of Sugar from which candies like Smarties are made.
Below is another example of the same false and misleading information from General Mills regarding Added Sugar, this time for Progresso Toppers Broccoli Cheese: No added sugar we let our ingredients do the talking. Once again, they are denigrating their can of Progresso Broccoli Cheese Soup which includes added Sugar and where, apparently, the ingredients cannot do the talking.
Best Can Butternut Squash Soup Reviews In 2021
- PACKED WITH VEGGIES: Feel good eating this lentil soup that has 65% of your daily veggies per can and is a good source of fiber, iron & potassium* *See nutrition information for sodium content
- PURPOSEFUL, NUTRITIOUS INGREDIENTS: This lentil soup is crafted with carefully chosen ingredients like tomatoes, carrots, lentils, spinach and garlic
- VEGETARIAN SOUP: This hearty vegetarian soup is made to nourish and satisfy with nutritious, delicious ingredients you could find in your kitchen
- EAT WELL & SAY YES TO THE GOOD STUFF: Well Yes! Hearty Lentil with Vegetables Soup has no artificial flavors, no synthetic colors and no preservatives added
- Twelve 14.1 oz. non-BPA cans of Amy’s Light in Sodium, Organic Butternut Squash Soup the whole family will love
- Smooth, mellow, organic butternut squash blended with a hint of garlic and spice
- Also complemented by a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Low Fat, Light in Sodium, USDA Organic, Vegan, Certified Kosher, Dairy and Lactose Free, Soy Free, Corn Free and Tree Nut Free
- Convenient and easy to prepare, simply heat and serve!
- A blend of butternut squash, sweet dairy cream and a hint of honey
- Packaged in a non-BPA-lined, recyclable 14.5 ounce can
- A soup developed by celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck
- Made with organic ingredients, gluten free, vegetarian-friendly
- Garnish with cranberry relish and a sprinkle of nutmeg to enhance the flavor
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
Sausage And Apple Stuffed Butternut Squash
Please note that some of the links are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links.
Stuffed Butternut Squash is a perfect HEALTHY fall meal that is full of flavor packed sausage, diced apples, celery, pecans, cranberries and fresh herbs like rosemary and sage. The filling is nestled in roasted halves of butternut squash that is so flavourful and nutritious. Gluten + Dairy Free!
This stuffed butternut squash is so easy to make and so good that we have made it 4 times already in the last few weeks. We are just obsessed with it since it is a new spin on this very popular Stuffed Acorn Squash that we also love.
I am so excited about this easy squash recipe though because it is loaded with fall flavors that are great for a fun family meal or to serve for the holidays. It is packed with a combination of fresh herbs like rosemary and sage, sausage, cranberries and apples. Not to mention the BEST squash of all time, butternut squash!
Roasting the squash brings out its flavor and also provides a nice bed for the incredible sausage apple filling that is just everything in this recipe.
Don’t Miss: Low Sodium French Onion Soup
What Happens If Amy’s Kitchen Organic Butternut Squash Soup Light In Sodium Low Fat Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Brown Butter & Saute Veggies
Heat up Instant Pot using Sauté More function.
*Tip: For older versions press Saute button, then Adjust button. For newer versions press Saute button twice.
Wait until it says HOT .
Add 2 tbsp unsalted butter in the Instant Pot. Melt and brown butter lightly to add some nutty flavor to the squash soup. It will take roughly 1 1.5 minute.
Add sliced onion, then saute for 1 minute.
Add in roughly chopped celery, then saute for another 3 minutes.
Add in chopped garlic, ¼ tsp dried thyme, and 2 bay leaves.
Saute for another 30 seconds.
Also Check: Publix Hearty Beef Vegetable Soup
How To Make Stuffed Butternut Squash
- Cut and scoop out the seeds
- Season the squash and bake
- Cook the sausage, onion + celery
- Add apples, cranberries and nuts
- Combine it all together
- Scoop out the inside of the squash
- Divide the filing between the squash
- Brown the top
How To Make Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
First, you have to prepare all your ingredients. It makes the process so much easier when you have all of your ingredients ready before you start cooking. Peel, chop, slice, and dice your fresh ingredients including your onion, garlic, ginger, squash, sweet potato, and apple. This way, theyre ready to toss into the Instant Pot. Alternatively, you can purchase pre-chopped ingredients to make this an even simpler weeknight meal. Then, youll measure out your spices and liquids.
Once you have your mise en place ready, set your Instant Pot to the saute function and add the onion and garlic. Saute the onion and garlic until theyre nice and caramelized, making sure to stir frequently so nothing burns.
Now, its time for the best part putting dinner on auto-pilot! Add the remaining fresh ingredients and liquids to the Instant Pot, cover and seal the appliance, and use the soup function to cook everything for about 15 minutes. This is actually a great time to clean up the kitchen so you can relax after dinner time is over. Once the timer goes off, quick release the pressure from your Instant Pot.
Use an immersion blender to blend all the ingredients, or you can let your soup cool completely and puree it in a high-powered blender. Once the soup is blended till smooth, season with salt to taste.
You May Like: Ben And Jerry’s Turtle Soup
How Do You Buy The Best Can Butternut Squash Soup
- Is it worth buying an can butternut squash soup?
- What benefits are there with buying an can butternut squash soup?
- What factors deserve consideration when shopping for an effective can butternut squash soup?
- Why is it crucial to invest in any can butternut squash soup, much less the best one?
- Which can butternut squash soup are good in the current market?
- Where can you find information like this about can butternut squash soup?
buying guides for can butternut squash soup
Optional Flavor Boosting Roast Butternut Squash
*Note: This optional step will greatly enhance the flavor of the pressure cooker butternut squash soup.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Place prepared butternut squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Apply 1.5 2 tbsp olive oil all over the butternut squash.
*Pro Tip: You can also apply the olive oil on the carrots and roast them to deepen the flavors.
Place baking sheet on top rack, then roast butternut squash for 45 60 minutes.
*Pro Tip: The carrots should be taken out and set aside by the 20 25 minutes mark.
Let the roasted butternut squash cool a bit.
*Note: The skin should peel right off.
Cut roasted butternut squash into large chunks, then set aside.
Don’t Miss: Microwave Ceramic Soup Bowl With Lid
It Would Not Necessarily Be A Big Deal If We Ate These Types Of Ingredients Once In A While But It Is The Cumulative Effect Of Consuming These Types Of Ingredients Multiple Times A Day Week After Week Year After Year
BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP COMPARISON: Heres a comparison of Campbells vs. Progresso. Theyre both banned at Whole Foods and are both Far From Homemade.
PROGRESSO BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP INGREDIENTS: This Progresso Soup has five ingredients Not In Kitchen when making homemade Butternut Squash Soup including Sugar, Corn Starch, Modified Food Starch, commercial Natural Flavor and Beta Carotene for Color.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP COMPARSION: Heres a comparison of Progresso to Closest To Homemade Amys Butternut Squash Soup with no Added Flavors or Colors, no Modified Food Starch and no Corn Starch. All Amys soups are in Non-BPA lined cans which is healthier for all living things.
GENERAL MILLS PROGRESSO LOADED POTATO WITH BACON SOUP HAS THREE INGREDIENTS BANNED AT WHOLE FOODS: This Progresso Soup has 20 ingredients Not In Kitchen including the three banned at Whole Foods > > Sodium Nitrite in the Bacon, plus the two we already saw in the Progresso Broccoli Cheese Soup > > DATEM and Sorbic Acid.
Heres a snapshot of the ingredients Not In Kitchen in several Progresso Soups, three of which are banned at Whole Foods for 1-3 ingredients.
PROGRESSO CREAMY MUSHROOM SOUP IS LESS THAN 2% CREAM. The first four ingredients for this General Mills soup are Water, Portabella Mushrooms, Soybean Oil and Modified Food Starch.
HEAT & EAT TOMATO SOUP COMPARISON> > Progresso Tomato Basil is Far From Homemade vs. Amys which is Closest To Homemade.
How Do I Store This Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
One of my favorite reasons to make soup is because it is such a batch-friendly meal. You can easily double the recipe, as long as your Instant Pot is large enough so that you have meal-prep for days.
This Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup will keep in the refrigerator for 4-5 days in airtight containers. You can also freeze the leftovers if youd rather save it for another time. The best way to do this is to let your soup cool completely, then pour into reusable, food-grade silicone bags. Squeeze all the air out and lay flat in your freezer. Before reheating the soup after its been frozen, I recommend letting the soup thaw in the refrigerator, then use a saucepan on the stovetop to warm the soup to your desired temperature.
You May Like: Gluten Free Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Why You Will Just Love This Recipe
- The flavors are amazing and just scream fall!
- It is a simple and easy recipe that will impress your friends and family.
- Packed with color, flavor and nutrition
- A great dish to serve for the holidays!
- One of the BEST Butternut Squash Recipes EVER!
Now, I know what you are thinking.How am I going to cut the squash in half? Its actually very easy when squash is in season since it is softer. I left the stems on but you can cut them off, which makes it even easier to cut it open.