Campbells Green Bean Casserole
The green bean casserole is a classic for a reason. This family favorite is easy to pull together and can feed a lot of hungry mouths.
In this recipe, Campbells cream of mushroom soup is poured over tender green beans and topped with crispy onions for extra crunch.
Its creamy, tasty, and its easily converted into a vegetarian main meal with a simple side salad or steamed rice.
Get Your Free Meal Planning Guide Now
If you want to make clean eating part of your life, youre going to need a plan. Were here to help with our FREE Meal Planning Guide!
But when you take a closer look at the condensed Cream of Mushroom soup label, its hard to feel very good about this popular item.
Thankfully mushrooms do show up in the ingredients, but there are lots of reasons to be concerned:
So whats a person to do? While the choice is ultimately yours, I believe theres a much better optiona homemade version of cream of mushroom condensed soup that not only avoids all these highly processed ingredients, but also uses a ton of veggies . If youre looking for a way to sneak some vegetables into your meals, this homemade condensed soup is an easy way to do it.
Also, its very flexible. If a recipe calls for Cream of Celery or Cream of Chicken Soup, this homemade option is an easy swap. Finally, it also makes a darned good Cream of Mushroom soupjust check the notes for how to make a traditional soup from it! So triple the ingredients, and use one now and freeze some for later. This Homemade Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup will be a great, go-to option in your cooking arsenal!
- Whisk flour into milk. Slowly pour milk/flour mixture over the vegetables.
- Warm the soup over medium heat, don’t let it boil.
- When the soup has thickened to a desired consistency, season to taste.
Make This Cream Of Mushroom Soup In Advance
Make Ahead: You can easily make this soup ahead of time and store it in the fridge or freezer. Warm it either in the microwave or on the stove. If you have added the puff pastry top, then reheat it in the oven to crisp up.
Storing: You can store this Cream of Mushroom Soup in the refrigerator once it has cooled. Place it in an airtight container and it will last 5-7 days.
Freeze: Place the cooled soup in an airtight container in the freezer. When you are ready, let it thaw and warm it up on the stovetop. Make sure to keep whisking it so that it doesnt curdle. It will last up to 2-3 months.
Roast Breast Of Chicken With Mushroom Sauce
Who says chicken is dull? Not us! Especially when you cook it in a sauce made with a can of Campbells Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup. This flavoursome dish can be accompanied with fluffy rice, pasta or whatever youre in the mood for!
What Youll Need
- 1 small onion, diced finely
- 1 can Campbells Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
How To Make Roast Breast of Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
- Preheat a frying pan. Generously season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then place them skin side down in the pan.
- Fry over a medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side, ensuring they are well coloured and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the frying pan and keep warm in the oven.
- To the same frying pan, add the onions and fry.
- Pour in the Campbells Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup and bring the heat down to a simmer. Cook the sauce for a few minutes, loosening with water if required.
- Season with salt, pepper and parsley.
- Add the chicken breasts back into the pan and serve hot.
Easy Golden Mushroom Soup Recipe
Golden Thread mushrooms are popular in Asia, used in many traditional Eastern medicine remedies, and are also cultivated in Asia for year-round use, growing on grains and rice substrates. Nutritional Value Golden Thread mushrooms contain vitamins D and K, essential amino acids, and immune supporting polysaccharides and beta-glucans. Applications
beef stew meat, chopped onion, condensed cream condensed golden mushroom soup or 2 cans regular cream of mushroom soup, sliced mushrooms, drained, pepper, sour cream, hot cooked noodles or 3 cups cooked rice
Season chops with salt and … medium skillet sauté mushrooms in butter until tender, about … slow cooker pour soup over all. Cover and cook … reads 160°F. Serves 4.
Brown beef pieces. Put in crock pot with soup.Add small amount of water, 4 ounce. Cook 8 hours or all day. Serve over 1 pound of noodles.
1 can Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Mushroom or Golden Mushroom Soup, divided use 2 lbs. ground beef 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs 1 egg, slightly beaten 1/3 cup finely chopped onion 1 tsp. salt 1/3 cup water, Mix thoroughly 1/2 cup soup, beef, breadcrumbs, egg, onion, and salt.
Also Check: Andersen Split Pea Soup Hotel
The Best Cream Of Mushroom Soup Recipe
My cream of mushroom soup recipe is rich, creamy, and deeply savory, but it doesnt call for you to stir in cream or melt butter. In fact, this soup is completely vegan you wont find any butter, heavy cream, or chicken broth here. Instead, it gets its luscious creamy texture from blended cauliflower!
And as far as flavor goes, you wont miss the cream or butter at all. Aromatics like leeks, celery, garlic, and fresh thyme create the savory base of the soup. A full pound of fresh mushrooms loads it with umami flavor, and tamari, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, and a generous splash of white wine make it deliciously tangy.
Sauté the aromatic veggies and mushrooms, add the cauliflower and vegetable stock, and simmer until everythings tender. Then, blend the soup with the Dijon and balsamic, and enjoy this yummy, all-veggie cream of mushroom soup.
Mushroom And Ricotta Cannelloni
If youre in the mood for something Italian then have a go at this classic Mushroom and Ricotta Cannelloni! This recipe is simple, involving assembling and baking with no additional steps. The most important ingredient, however, is of course a can of Campbells Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup and for this recipe youll need two!
What Youll Need
How To Make Mushroom and Ricotta Cannelloni
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, mix the ricotta, egg, parmesan and one and a half cans of Campbells Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup. Season to taste.
- Prepare two medium casserole dishes by brushing a layer of olive oil across the sides and on the bottom.
- Spread a generous layer of pasta sauce across the bottom of both dishes.
- Stuff the cannelloni tubes. Using a freezer bag, scoop a few large spoons of the mixture inside, cut a small hole in the corner of the bag and squeeze in the filling. Once each tube has been filled, lay them flat in the dishes.
- Add 2 tbsp of water to the remaining soup and mix together. Pour this gently over the cannelloni and then cover with the remaining pasta sauce.
- Cover both dishes with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dishes from the oven, take off the foil and sprinkle the mozzarella over the top. Place the dishes back in the oven, uncovered, and bake for a further 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Also Check: Lactose Free Broccoli Cheddar Soup
How To Make Paleo
- ¾ cup full-fat coconut milk, cream included
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch, or 2 to 3 tablespoons of corn starch made into a slurry with ¼ cup water
- Palm shortening, avocado oil, coconut oil, or clarified butteryour choice
- Double up on the onion and garlic powder, if needed, to counterbalance the coconut flavor
Substitutions And Suggestions For Cream Of Mushroom Soup
We’ve gotten a lot of great suggestions from readers over the years who have made this soup and made their own variations. Here are a few:
- Add or substitute some wild mushrooms
- Add shredded chicken for extra protein
- For a richer soup, swap the chicken stock for beef stock
- For a lighter soup , swap the chicken stock for vegetable stock
- For a dairy-free version, swap the cream with coconut milk
- For another dairy-free version, add some rice during cooking, then blend
- If the soup tastes a little bland to you, add a splash of rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- If you don’t have tarragon, try thyme, oregano, or rosemary
Also Check: Can You Have Tomato Soup On Keto Diet
Loaded Nachos With Campbells Tomato Soup
Ideal fot those meal prep meals or those nights that youre looking to whip something up quick! These nachos are super easy and the bean filling can be made 2-3 days in advance. Plus, its a one- pot meal that the entire family will love. If you want to top up the protein, you can add some chicken or shrimp or meat of your choice on top.
Best Campbell Golden Mushroom Soup Recipes
Place 6 boneless chicken breasts in a casserole dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss in a pack or two of sliced mushrooms. I love mushrooms so I use 2 packs of baby bellas. Top it with 1 can of Campbells Golden Mushroom Soup and some water mixed in the soup can.
This is such an easy slow cooker recipe! It is based on the typical slow cooker pot roast recipe. The addition of red wine and the Campbells Golden Mushroom Soup really makes the pot roast fork-tender and delicious. Thanks Mom!
Recommended Reading: Loaded Baked Potato Soup Ingredients
Recipe: Homemade Cream Of Mushroom Soup For Cooking With Or Eating
If you venture into a grocery store this time of year you can start to see them stacked high. Like red and white mountains towering from the supermarket shelves, these cans adorn end-of-aisle displays and pop up across the store. Yes, its the American processed food classicCampbells Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup.
Founded in 1869 the Campbells Soup Company has become an icon of the packaged food industry. Its a surprise to some, but its famous condensed soups werent invented until 1897. When I ran the Progresso Soup business, Campbells was the 800-pound gorilla of the soup aisle. Yes, Progressos adult soup strategy carved out a bigger slice of the category, but Campbells still called the shots. Its condensed recipe soups were an American staple and a cash cow for Campbells and grocers alike.
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
Don’t Miss: Chinese Herbal Soup To Boost Immune System
How Do You Make Cream Of Mushroom Soup From Scratch
Start to finish, our cream of mushroom soup recipe takes barely over 25 minutesand that includes prep time! Thats barely longer than itd take to warm up a can of soup, right? And making soup from scratch a really quick, easy, satisfying thing to do, particularly on a chilly day. Crank up that burner, and fill your home with the warm, autumnal smell of mushroom soup. Heres how to make it!
French Onion Chicken Bake
This dish is both easy to make and lip-smacking good! Its seasoned chicken breast smothered in a french onion soup and then topped with mozzarella. All you have to do is to season the chicken with paprika, garlic, and salt before grilling them in a cast iron skillet. You can also add a can of Campbells French onion soup along with the sautéed onions to enhance the onion flavor.
Read Also: Campbell’s Soup Broccoli Rice Casserole
Whats In Cream Of Mushroom Soup
When we talk about the ingredients in our cream of mushroom soup recipe, we might also talk about whats *not* in a pot of homemade mushroom soup. Why? Because a lot of us grew up eating canned, condensed cream of mushroom soup and while weve got some pretty cozy memories around that canned stuff, it was loaded with sodium and unhealthy preservatives. Meanwhile, this mushroom soup recipe is built completely out of whole foods. Its indulgent, yes, but its also a much better alternative to processed food. Heres what youll need to make cream of mushroom soup from scratch:
- Mushrooms. You can use either cremini or white button, or a mixture of the two. Or, you can even make this with wild mushrooms for an even richer, headier mushroom flavor.
- White wine
- Fresh thyme
- Nutmeg. This might sound odd, but nutmeg is a wonderful partner for cream-based soups like this! It adds a hint of warmth that is subtle but powerful. Its OK to skip it, but we think it makes a wonderful addition.
- Garlic & onion powder
- Dijon mustard
- Stock. Veggie stock will make this a completely vegetarian soup, or you can use chicken stock if thats not a concern.
- Heavy cream
- Cornstarch. This is an optional ingredient. Basically, cornstarch can be mixed with water to make a paste or slurry, which acts as a thickener for the soup.
The Best Mushrooms For This Soup
Our recipe calls for a couple pounds of cremini or button mushrooms. Either will do, though I think cremini are a little tastier.
We also recommend adding a handful of fresh shiitake mushrooms to the soup. Even though they are more expensive than regular mushrooms, their flavor is much more intense and deepens the rich flavor of this soup.
Don’t Miss: Golden Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Did You Make This Recipe
This post originally appeared in November, 2014. It was revised and republished in September, 2018.
Hi! Im Christine. My passion is creating recipes that take less time in the kitchen, so that we can all spend more time enjoying life! Im a busy single mom of two, so I totally get how tough it can be. Thats why Ive been figuring things out for my own family, and thats why I want to share this knowledge with others. I now help over 2 million people a month get delicious meals onto their tables. Come along with me and see how much easier it can be!
5 secrets to the Juiciest grilled meats!
What Happens If Campbell’s Mushroom Cooking Soup Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Vegetable Soup
Mushroom Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Youve probably guessed how to make this casserole from the name. But can you guess how good it tastes?
This is surprisingly hearty and satisfying, so its one to keep for those days when youre hungry but lazy .
And big families will appreciate that its scalable and budget-friendly.
Cheaper cuts of chicken like thighs work well here, as they stay juicy and soak up all the flavor while it simmers in the oven.
How To Make Homemade Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup:
You will love how easy this is, and youll become an instant convert once you taste it.These photos walk you through the basics without giving you specific ingredient amounts, which are all listed below in the recipe card.
Recommended Reading: Souped Up Golf Carts For Sale
Homemade Cream Of Mushroom Soup Is Full Flavoured And So Easy To Make You Wont Buy Soup In A Can Again
The deep earthy flavours of a classic home-made cream of mushroom soup recipe cant be beat, especially when its ready in minutes. Youll never open a can of mushroom soup after trying our recipe!
You will love how easy this is to make! Walking in to the kitchen to throw a few ingredients together, only to come out with a warm creamy bowl of comforting soup in minutes.