More Chinese Or Low Carb Soup Recipes Youll Love
Browse all of my paleo soup recipes.
Friends! This Chinese Egg Drop Soup recipe is seriously one of the best soup recipes Ive shared on the blog. One sip youll be able to tell the difference! If you give this recipe a try, be sure to leave a comment and rate the recipe.
And add this soup to my Low Carb Meal Plan with Shopping List Its free and I have a feeling that You are going to love it!
The Nutrition And Calories In Egg Drop Wonton And Udon Soup
Starting your meal with a broth-based soup, such as egg drop or wonton soup, can help you fill up with fewer calories.
Video of the Day
Other popular picks such as udon soup are a bit higher in calories but still lower in energy density, or calories per gram, than higher-calorie entrees like Orange Chicken and General Tso’s.
Avoid Thick Sugary Sauces
As a general rule of thumb, the sweeter, thicker, and less translucent a sauce is, the higher its carb count.
For example, the dark red, thick, and sweet sauce used in General Tsos chicken is loaded with sugar and starch. Other examples include sweet and sour sauce, as well as the thick, white sauce used in coconut shrimp and coconut chicken.
Recommended Reading: Tgi Fridays French Onion Soup
Instant Pot Egg Drop Soup
Egg drop soup cooks quite quickly, and you can add the eggs as soon as the soup comes to a boil. Because of this, I dont see any advantage to cooking the soup in the Instant Pot. By the time the soup comes to a boil with a 0 minute cook time, youll have to wait for the pot to depressurize in order to take it off and add the eggs.
That being said, if you want to make this egg flower soup in the Instant Pot, I recommend adding all the ingredients except the eggs and sesame oil to the pot and bringing it to a boil on the Saute mode . Turn off the saute mode right after the soup comes to a boil and then drizzle in the eggs and sesame oil.
What To Serve With Egg Drop Soup
This keto egg drop soup recipe is a great side or starter. Here are some great keto dinner recipes to go along with it:
- Sesame Kelp Noodles After your easy egg drop soup course, finish off your meal with these noodles. Yes, they are keto approved and full of delicious sesame flavor.
- Asian Turkey Meatballs Add these meatballs alongside homemade egg drop soup and sauteed broccoli for a great small-plates meal eaten with chopsticks and spoons!
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef You can pair this simple egg drop soup recipe with another easy, hands-off recipe. Serve the beef over cauliflower rice or sauteed broccoli.
- Egg Roll In A Bowl This recipe took the internet by storm and for good reason. ITS SO GOOD! It takes all the goodness from egg rolls and repackages it into a low carb bowl.
- Korean Ground Beef Bowl So easy to make that you can fix it while youre sipping on your homemade egg drop soup.
What do YOU eat with egg drop soup? Let me know in the comments if you have other ideas.
You May Like: Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup
My Favorite Low Carb Soups
I have always been a soup person and nothing has changed since starting keto. Im also someone who likes anything even remotely soup like, such as chilis and stews. They are all perfect meals in my book. They have an easy one-pot clean up aspect, and are always filling and satisfying. My favorite soup and soup-like recipes we have on our blog are:
- Broccoli and Cheese Soup Our broccoli and cheese soup is packed with salty, gooey, cheesy cheddar. Plus there is a full serving of vegetables in every bowl so you know your kids and you will be eating good!
- Keto Chili With Bacon Keto Chili with Bacon is a thick soup high in protein and healthy fats. It will keep you full for hours and tastes even better topped with sour cream and chives.
- Low Carb Beef Stew A hearty tender beef stew with vegetables and a rich broth. It makes the perfect thick and warm meal on cold winter days.
- Cheddar Bacon Soup Our keto cheddar bacon soup is cheesy and packed with pieces of bacon. Plus its gluten free and only takes a few minutes cook time.
- Keto Butternut Squash Soup Our butternut squash soup is creamy, delicious, and low carb. And yep, its low carb and keto.
All of our keto recipes are simple yet delicious and make staying low carb easy. Try some of these delicious soups and enjoy the comforting flavors they bring.
Egg Drop Soup Nutrition: What Makes It So Healthy
Wondering what makes this soup such a healthy keto dish when youre in the mood for a warm and comforting meal? Some of the main ingredients include bone broth, lemon rind, ginger root, coconut aminos, sesame oil, and eggs. Below, youll learn about the health benefits of cooking with these ingredients.
The majority of the soup is made up of bone broth . Bone broth is linked to a number of health benefits, including:
Dont Miss: Kicked Up Tater Tot Hotdish
Recommended Reading: Chicken Soup For The Teenage Soul Read Online
Can You Eat Egg Drop Soup On The Keto Diet
This publish could include affiliate hyperlinks, which assist preserve this content material free.
Im so enthusiastic about this keto egg drop soup recipe! Ill present you precisely methods to make egg drop soup in lower than 10 minutes it doesnt get any simpler. One of many advantages of cooking and making ready your individual meals is that precisely what goes into your meals. If you get meals at eating places? Who is aware of? My selfmade egg drop soup is extremely flavorful and has all the conventional flavors, with none further thickeners or questionable elements very like keto ramen!
Serve this simple egg drop soup as a starter or aspect to a foremost dish, its scrumptious and slurp-able!
Not solely is it low carb and keto, but it surelys additionally gluten-free, grain free, paleo, AND nonetheless filled with scrumptious taste. Its the right instance of why I began Healthful Yum within the first place. And thats the thought that you would be able to nonetheless get pleasure from your favourite meals, however in a more healthy means.
Gluten Free Egg Drop Soup
Traditional egg drop soup uses soy sauce for the salty umami flavor. Soy sauce is not keto because it has both soy and wheat which can be inflammatory on a keto diet. In order to combat this but still have a traditional flavor we chose to use coconut aminos. Coconut aminos are a low carb gluten free option for those who want a soy sauce replacement. It is not sugar free, but is lower in carbs and works well in keto recipes. If you prefer a less sweet soy sauce replacement you can try tamari which is packed with salty flavor and is 100% gluten free. While wheat free, it does still contain soy. Weigh out your options and pick whichever flavor and ingredients you prefer.
You May Like: What’s In Dry Onion Soup Mix
What Are The Ingredients In Egg Drop Soup Recipe
- A good quality of chicken bone broth homemade Chinese chicken bone broth will be my first choice. The next best thing is a great store bought bone broth such as kettle and fire and other great choices on the market.
- Chicken thighs Before you wonder why using chicken thighs? Let me tell you this is the secret to set your Egg drop soup apart from others, plus the juicy flavorful shredded chicken makes the soup extra nutritious and more satiating!
- Ginger and Scallions they are used to fragrant the broth and are discarded afterwards.
- Turmeric powder A small amount of turmeric powder adds extra golden color to the soup!
- A thickener Traditionally people use cornstarch to make a slurry. In the Paleo/Whole30 world, we use arrowroot or tapioca starch. And if you are on low carb/Keto, skip the thickener or sprinkle ¼ tsp of xanthan gum to thicken the soup.
- Eggs fluffy silky whisked egg ribbons make the soup extra comforting.
- Toasted sesame oil a little finishing touch to make the soup taste extra authentic. If you cant have sesame oil, dont worry. My grandmas egg drop soup is so flavorful even without the sesame oil.
Also Check: Campbell Soup Sloppy Joe Recipe
Can You Reheat Egg Drop Soup
Reheating egg drop soup can be done, but the biggest thing is to know that the texture will be different. The reheating will cause the eggs to overcook, so it will be more rubbery.
It still tastes good, just different. If you know you won’t eat it all, you can remove some of the soup and store without the eggs in it. Then reheat and mix in the eggs.
Recommended Reading: What Are The Ingredients In Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Can You Thicken Keto Egg Drop Soup
Since this is a keto egg drop soup recipe, it doesnt have the cornstarch that traditional versions have to thicken. I think the broth is flavorful and delicious, and doesnt need to be thick.
But if you like yours thicker, you can thicken your soup with a sprinkle of xanthan gum or even unflavored gelatin powder. Find more cornstarch substitutes here for additional options.
Customizing Easy Keto Egg Drop Soup
If you made this egg drop soup recipe and are looking for even more delicious ingredients to add, check out our list of customizations below:
- Broth Try changing up the broth! Traditionally we use chicken broth, but bone broth or vegetable broth all make great options to add instead.
- Vegetables Vegetables may not be the first thing you think of in egg drop soup, but they do make a great addition to a variety of keto recipes. Some keto friendly vegetables we love and have added in the past are mushrooms, green onions, zucchini, and bok choy.
- Garnishes A good garnish is super important in homemade meals. Some of our favorite recipes have added garnishes like green onions, sesame oil, and sesame seeds.
- Protein Not only does protein make a complete meal, but it also bumps up the satiety factor and flavor of the dish. Try to add chicken, cooked salmon, or seared pork belly to new recipes in order to make a really standout dish.
There are endless combinations of ingredients you can use to make new recipes out of our egg drop soup base. Feel free to get creative and let us know how you made your perfect soup below.
Also Check: Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix Substitute
Read Also: Olive Garden Soup And Salad Dinner Deal
Why Youll Love It
There is so much to love about this egg drop soup recipe!
For starters, I used only whole ingredients. There isnt any yellow food coloring or corn starch, so it is perfect to eat on the keto diet.
Youll also really love how easy it is to customize the soup to make it taste just how you want it to. I didnt use any toasted sesame oil, but you can add a little bit to give it a bolder flavor.
Making keto egg drop soup is easier than you might think. Its a simple recipe that is perfect for beginner cooks coming together in just minutes.
Youll soon see why this is one of my favorite soup recipes of all time!
You May Like: Lipton Recipe Secrets Gravy
Keto Chicken Mushroom Soup
Image and recipe by twosleevers.com
Mushrooms are a great low-carb substitute for potatoes. They can be used in everything from breakfast omelets to dinner casseroles.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy them is in this keto Chicken Mushroom Soup with Garlic and Thyme!
This is a high protein low-carb keto soup.
It will take you less than 30 minutes to cook in a cooker.
It is WAY too delicious than what it is looking in the image.
Dont Miss: Is Knorr Chicken Bouillon Gluten Free
Don’t Miss: Easy Swedish Meatballs Cream Of Mushroom Soup
How To Make The Best Keto Egg Drop Soup
Protein Carbohydrates And Fiber
With each serving of egg drop soup, you consume 11 grams of protein, 6 grams of carbohydrates and less than 1/2 gram of dietary fiber. Protein supports tissue repair and is a key element of any exercise or weight loss plan aim for 50 grams daily. Carbohydrates are your primary source of energy — MayoClinic.com recommends 225 grams per day. Meals high in dietary fiber keep your digestive tract functioning properly. Men should aim for 28 to 34 grams of fiber daily and women need 22 to 28 grams.
Don’t Miss: Is Cream Of Broccoli Soup Keto Friendly
Easy Keto Egg Drop Soup Recipe
Learn how to make egg drop soup with just 6 ingredients! This easy homemade keto egg drop soup recipe takes only 7 minutes from start to slurp. So comforting and flavorful!
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free.
Im so excited about this keto egg drop soup recipe! Ill show you exactly how to make egg drop soup in less than 10 minutes it doesnt get any easier. One of the benefits of cooking and preparing your own meals is that you know exactly what is going into your meals. When you get food at restaurants? Who knows? My homemade egg drop soup is incredibly flavorful and has all of the traditional flavors, without any extra thickeners or questionable ingredients much like keto ramen!
Serve this easy egg drop soup as a starter or side to a main dish, its delicious and slurp-able!
Not only is it low carb and keto, but its also gluten-free, grain free, paleo, AND still full of delicious flavor. Its the perfect example of why I started Wholesome Yum in the first place. And thats the idea that you can still enjoy your favorite foods, but in a healthier way.
Keto Egg Drop Soup Recipe
- Combine chicken broth, ginger powder, half of the green onions in a large saucepan
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce heat to simmer
- Add xanthan gum if desired
- Drizzle eggs slowly into the broth mixture while gently stirring clockwise you can be a rebel if you like and stir counter-clockwise, just make sure youre stirring in one direction the whole time.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with remaining green onion
Recommended Reading: Easy Tuna Casserole Without Soup
Instant Pot Keto Egg Drop Soup
Posted on Last updated:
Craving egg drop soup? Consider whipping up this Instant Pot Keto Egg Drop Soup. Loaded with all the authentic flavor of egg drop soup, that is keto-friendly.
This is an authentic egg drop soup recipe that you can make in your Instant Pot.
My egg drop soup is full of authentic flavors, that will leave you wanting one more bowlful. If you are on the Ketogenic diet, check out these other recipes. Instant Pot egg roll in a bowl, keto cheesecake, or make spaghetti squash in your pressure cooker.
What To Make With Keto Egg Drop Soup
Egg drop soup is a traditional Chinese soup, so we prefer sticking to an Asian keto recipe theme. Some of our favorite keto main dishes to pair with this Chinese low carb egg drop soup recipe are:
- Cauliflower Fried Rice Our cauliflower fried rice is packed with Asian flavors like garlic and sesame oil. You can even make it a protein rich meal by adding in grilled chicken or seared pork belly.
- Sweet and Sour Pork If you are a takeout lover this ones for you. It has the perfect balance of sweet, salty, and sour in the glaze. All of which pair beautifully with the fresh cauliflower rice on the side.
- Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps Want a lighter dinner of soup and wraps? This quick and easy to make egg drop soup is the perfect partner for our peanut chicken lettuce wraps. You get a hefty dose of protein and fats to keep you full without feeling stuffed.
- Low Carb Orange Chicken-Another Chinese classic, orange chicken makes a delicious protein rich meal. We use fresh ginger and garlic as well as a homemade gluten free breading on this Chinese chicken recipe.
All of these keto recipes make great gluten free options for those looking to complete their egg drop soup meal. They are each made with tons of fresh flavors like ginger and sesame, to give you a flavor explosion in every bite.
Recommended Reading: Chicken Soup For The Soul Cancer