How To Make Minestrone Soup Olive Garden Style:
Step 1: Cook veggies. First, in a large pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil on medium heat. Then add in onions, celery and carrots and cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent and have softened.
Step 2: Add tomato paste and spices. Next add in tomato paste, garlic powder, dried oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and a few turns of black pepper. Then cook the mixture for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
Step 3: Pour in beans, broth and tomatoes. Now add in the kidney beans, Italian tomatoes, and vegetable broth. Then cook for 10-15 minutes or until mixture comes to a simmer.
Step 4: Add pasta and greens. Next add in the green beans and pasta and cook for 7-8 minutes or until the pasta is al dente and the beans are tender. After that, stir in fresh spinach until slightly wilted.
Step 5: Serve. Finally, serve bowls of you minestrone soup Olive Garden style with grated parmesan and crushed red pepper flakes on top, along with a toasty piece of bread.
Tips For Minestrone Soup
- You can use fresh or frozen green beans, whatever you prefer.
- Try to cut all the vegetables the same size so that they cook at the same rate.
- This soup freezes well, although the pasta and vegetables may be a little softer upon thawing and reheating.
- Be sure to drain and rinse your beans before adding them to the soup, you want to get rid of all that extra sodium!
- This soup is hearty enough to serve as a main course, but if youd like an extra dose of protein, try adding some cooked Italian sausage.
This Olive Garden minestrone soup hits the spot on a cold day, and its so easy to make too! Add a sprinkle of parmesan and some warm bread and youve for a quick dinner that everyone is sure to love.
Preparation And Storage Tips For Classic Minestrone Soup
If you’d like to prepare a batch of the soup in advance, I recommend making the soup through Step 5 . Cool the broth and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
When ready to serve, bring the soup to a simmer, add the pasta, and follow the rest of the recipe.
Leftover soup will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month however, cooked pasta may be mushy when frozen and reheated.
Also Check: Soup Diets For Quick Weight Loss
Why This Recipe Works
This Olive Garden copycat chicken gnocchi soup is ultra comforting. A big steamy bowl of creamy chicken and gnocchi is all you can ask for to get cozy on a chilly fall evening. This soup is really easy to make. Simply chop your ingredients, add them to the pot, and wait patiently for it to do its magic. Sure, it will need a little help here and there with a bit of a saute to soften the veggies and a stir of a spoon to mix the soup together. Easy peasy but full of flavor, just how we like it!
Olive Gardens soups have us all in a chokehold. Each one of their soups from pasta fagioli to zuppa toscana, minestrone, and this creamy chicken gnocchi soup always hit the spot, especially when served with soft garlic butter-basted Olive Garden breadstick for dipping. Swoon.
Is This Soup Healthy
Yes! This is a hearty and healthy soup that is a great way to get your family and kids extract veggies. You can make the soup very healthy by using quinoa instead of pasta, using whole wheat pasta, or skipping the pasta altogether.
As is, the soup is a great source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Its a healthy way to enjoy a warm, comforting meal on a cold day.
Read Also: Soups Healthy For Weight Loss
Why We Love This Easy Minestrone Soup:
- Easy to make This soup is easy to make. Even your kids can get this recipe ready for you.
- Budget Friendly If you are looking for a budget friendly soup, this minestrone soup is the one. You can use what vegetables and seasoning that you have already.
- Taste Great for Lunch This is my favorite soup to have leftovers. The broth and seasoning marinating the vegetables overnight makes this so full of flavor.
- Make in Advance You can easily make in advance as it freezes great.
- Better than Canned Canned and store bought minestrone soup is so full of added ingredients. Make Homemade Minestrone Soup for full of flavor meal.
Ingredients For Minestrone Soup
Youll need the following ingredients on hand to make this copycat Olive Garden minestrone soup:
- Salt – add as much or little as you prefer or skip altogether
- Shell pasta – you can omit, use gluten free, or substitute with quinoa, rice, or your favorite small pasta
You can also add additional vegetables and beans if you like. Adding more can make the soup heartier.
Also Check: Olive Garden Soup And Salad Lunch Special
Can You Freeze Minestrone Soup Recipe
Yes! You can easily put your ingredients together in a freezer bag and then just dump and go when ready to cook. This will save the time of opening each individual thing and help make this meal even quicker.
Learn all the tips and trick on How to Freeze Soup. Making homemade soup is so much better for you. It saves time and money.
Olive Garden Minestrone Soup Variations
- Add Sausage Try adding sausage if you would like to add meat to this soup. Its delicious.
- Change the Pasta Use other types of pasta that you might already have. Elbow is another good one.
- Spicy Minestrone Soup If you like the soup to be a bit spicier, add in some red pepper flakes with the other seasoning.
- Add Chicken For an even hearty soup, make Crockpot Chicken Minestrone Soup. When I add chicken to the soup, I like to chicken broth instead.
- Cheese We love to garnish this soup with fresh parmesan but you can use what you have.
Also Check: All Clad 3 Qt Soup Pot
How To Make Minestrone Soup
Like just about any and every great soup recipe, this here is a one-pot wonder dish.
After you chop and prepare all of the ingredients, set a large 6-8 quart saucepot over medium heat.
Add the olive oil to the pot. Once hot, add the chopped onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. Generously salt and pepper to taste. Then sauté for 4-6 minutes just to soften. You dont want them to get burned or mushy!
Next add the vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper.
Increase the heat if necessary and bring to a boil.
Once boiling, stir in the kidney beans, great northern beans, green beans, and pasta. Stir well and lower the heat if needed back to medium or medium-low. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, partially covered.
Make sure to stir every 2 minutes, so the pasta doesnt stick to the bottom. Lastly, add in the sliced zucchini, spinach leaves, and parsley.
Does Olive Garden Have Vegan Spaghetti
Unfortunately, Olive Garden does not have vegan spaghetti. All of their pasta options contain either meat or dairy. However, they do have a few vegan-friendly sides and entrees, such as the minestrone soup and the house salad.
Olive Garden operates more than 900 locations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Italy, Brazil, Ecuador, and the Philippines. There are vegan, vegetarian, plant-based, and dairy-free options available. There is also a vegan option at Olive Garden for children, which includes a drink, pasta, sauce, side dish, and side dish. Each year, Olive Garden bakes approximately 700 million breadsticks. If you ask for an additional fee, they will bring it. If you like pasta, you can also get a Never Ending Pasta Pass if you want. For $100, you can eat as much pasta as you want over eight weeks.
Olive Gardens house dressing, on the other hand, is not vegan. Bring your own dressing if you dont like olive oil or vinegar with it. Our No-Bake Caramel Squares and Chocolate Chip Cookies are simple to make and come in a variety of flavors. These foods, which are listed above, are vegan as of the time of writing.
Recommended Reading: Chicken Noodle Soup With Reames Noodles
Why This Is The Best Minestrone Soup
Our homemade version is better than the Olive Garden minestrone soup recipe! Like traditional Italian chefs, we use seasonal ingredients. This is the freshest way to cook.
If you have an abundance of summer squash or green beans in your garden, feature those in this beautiful soup. No ditalini pasta in the pantry? Use any short sturdy pasta you have on hand.
Ingredient Info And Substitution Suggestions
CHICKEN We used 2 chicken breasts for this recipe. If you want to save some time, opt for a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Shred or cube it and add it to the soup at the end, until the chicken is warmed through.
GNOCCHI The gnocchi thickens up the soup a bit during simmering. You could double the amount of gnocchi for a heartier soup.
ADDITIONS Use a rich chicken broth/stock or use bouillon granules. If you use a low sodium broth, water, a light stock, etc., use additional salt, pepper, and seasonings.
Don’t Miss: Gf Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Cook The Onion Zucchini And Celery In A Large Pot With Olive Oil
To start, place a large pot on the stovetop and turn the burner to medium-high heat. Pour in the olive oil, and then add in the diced onion, celery, and sliced zucchini. Monkkonen recommends cutting the vegetables thinly in order for them to completely cook in the soup.
The vegetables will need to cook with the cover on for 5 to 7 minutes, and you’ll need to stir occasionally to prevent any sticking. Once the vegetables have softened, you can remove the lid for the next step.
Tips For Making Minestrone
- Cutting the vegetables to a similar size helps everything to cook evenly.
- You can use fresh or frozen green beans, they both work well. Just drain the liquid from canned beans if you use those.
- Be sure to drain and rinse the beans before adding to the soup. You can mix up the beans to use whatever you have or like as well.
- Browned ground beef is a great addition if you want to add more protein and dont need to keep it vegetarian.
- This soup freezes really well. Just let it cook before placing in an air tight container to freeze. Thaw in the fridge before reheating.
- Other shapes of pasta work great as well. Ditalini, small shells, and macaroni are my favorite. But rotini or penne work great as well.
Read Also: Beefy Onion Soup Mix Dip
How To Make Olive Garden Minestrone Soup In The Instant Pot
- We use the Instant Pot to make this filling soup at home. If you are new to the Instant Pot, check out our post on how to avoid getting the Burn notice. Its packed with helpful tips on using your Instant Pot.
- Heres how to make the soup in the Instant Pot quickly and easily.
- First, heat the oil on ‘sauté and then add the onion and garlic when hot. Next, sauté the vegetables until they are lightly caramelized, which will take about 3 minutes.
- When the onions and garlic are ready, add the zucchini, carrots, and celery to the inner pot and sauté for an additional minute.
- Next stir in the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Once the sauce and tomatoes are added, press cancel.
- Finally, add in the beans, vegetable broth, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, baby spinach, and pasta shells. When they are all added, give the ingredients a good stir.
- Once the ingredients are well-combined, securely lock the pressure cooker’s lid in place and set for 6 minutes on high pressure. After the timer goes off, perform a ‘quick release’ of pressure and carefully open the lid.
Serve the soup hot with your choice of garlic bread or regular bread.
A Serving Of Olive Gardens Minestrone Soup Has 1 Gram Of Fat And 1020 Milligrams Of Sodium
. Relatively rich in vitamins and minerals 29cal. There are 110 calories in 1 Serving Olive Garden Minestrone Soup. 1 67 g left.
Calories in bowl 425 g – 111 cal. 9 fat 70 carbs 21 protein. Click to get full.
Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low. The Olive Gardens Minestrone has 100 calories per bowl. Ad Find the nearest Olive Garden location and all other info including menu and prices.
500g Nutrition Facts – Similar. Calories from Fat 9. Page 2 of 10 032122 Menu Item Calories Calories from Fat Total Fat g Saturated Fat g Trans Fat g.
2000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice but calorie needs vary. 1020 2300 g left. Discover Olive Garden Italian restaurants nutrition facts information here.
Restaurants will open for Dine-In and. Track macros calories and more with. 1 to 10 of 9001 for olive garden minestrone soup Minestrone Soup Olive Garden Per 1 soup – Calories.
While soup is simmering cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. 9 fat 70 carbs 21 proteinBelow are the nutrition facts and Weight Watchers points for. If you eat a 2000-calorie diet the soup amounts to 5 percent of your total daily intake.
Ad Find the nearest Olive Garden location and all other info including menu and prices. See the latest menu and prices at Olive Garden. Other nutritional values for the Minestrone.
Minestrone Soup Recipe Vegetable Soup Vegetarian Soup Soup Minestrone Vegetables Vegetarian Vegetarian Soup Recipes Vegetable Soup Recipes Soup Dinner
You May Like: Best Vacuum Sealer For Soups
Is Olive Garden Pasta Vegan
Olive Garden does not have any vegan pasta options on their regular menu. However, they do have a vegan minestrone soup and a few other vegan sides. You can also ask for a vegan pasta option to be made for you, but it may not be as good as the regular pasta dishes.
Olive Garden is the largest Italian restaurant in the entire United States, according to its website. Because most servers understand Olive Gardens house salad vegan menu, you should expect a lot of vegan options. Breadsticks and garlic topping are vegan, and they are soy-based and without eggs, dairy, norren. Minestrone Soup at Olive Garden is a tasty and hearty soup that is devoid of animal products. Meat-free menu items include the creamy mushroom sauce and five cheeses marinara. Olive Garden has yet to add vegan-approved vegetables to its menu. You can make your own vegan pasta by selecting the Create Your Own Pasta option on the menu.
Except for the raspberry sauce, the only vegan dessert available at Olive Garden is a potato salad. If you stop by an Olive Garden after a meal, you may find fresh grapes available. Despite the fact that there arent many vegan options at Olive Garden, their commitment to making their breadsticks vegan is more than enough to make up for it.
Final Step: Cook The Pasta
While the soup is simmering on the stove, bring a small pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions. Drain well. Divide the noodles between individual serving bowls. Ladle the minestrone soup on top.
Garnish each serving with a drizzle of olive oil, more cracked pepper, and grated cheese like Parmesan or Parmigiano Reggiano. Serve minestrone soup with a loaf of rustic bread and/or a crisp garden salad.
EXPERT TIP: Cook the pasta separately. We dont want the noodles to soak up liquid from the soup leaving an overly-thick broth. This method also prevents the noodles from getting limp before serving, when stored as leftovers in the fridge, or if frozen for later enjoyment.
You May Like: Taste Of Home Soups Cookbook
Is Olive Garden Minestrone Vegan
Olive Gardens minestrone soup is not vegan as it contains Parmesan cheese.
Since 2016, Olive Garden has served vegan minestrone soup. Soup is a delicious meal that you can make at home without having to go out to eat. Vegetables, kidney beans, tomatoes, basil, and pasta shells are used in the recipe. Because dairy is not permitted in the United States, it can be made gluten-free. Maria from Damn Vegan demonstrates how easy and delicious living a vegan lifestyle can be. Its fine to make this soup without vegan cheese however, if youre having trouble finding it, dont worry. If you dont use bouillon, use vegetable broth instead of water.
This Olive Garden Minestrone Soup Recipe Is Easy
This is actually a very easy soup to make, not requiring much in the way of prep work. In fact, this is a great recipe to make up any night of the week and it saves incredibly well in the refrigerator. You can double the batch and have soup to bring to work several times during the week. Whether youve tried the original or not, this Olive Garden Minestrone Soup recipe will please just about anyone. Enjoy!
You May Like: To Go Bowls For Soup
Best Minestrone Soup Recipe
If you are anything like me, you will be dipping into this pot of soup before it has even finished cooking. You will be breathing in the enticing aroma and you wont be able to resist.
Add a sprinkling of parmesan and some warm, crusty bread, and youve got a quick dinner that everyone is sure to love.
Is Olive Garden Dressing Vegan
Olive Garden dressing is not vegan. It contains milk and eggs.
Salad dressing is an excellent addition to any vegan diet. Most grocery stores carry a wide variety of vegan salad dressings. There are numerous vegan-friendly versions of Daiya dressings available, and the brand is well-known. In addition, Follow Your Heart dressings are vegan-friendly. Annies Organic Goddess Dressing contains no animal byproducts, making it an excellent vegan option.
Also Check: Vegan Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup