Heat The Oil In A Large Pan And Add The Onions Potatoes And Leeks
· melt the butter in a pan and gently sauté the onion and garlic. · add the potatoes and leeks and continue . Unfortunately, far too many of us still turn our noses up at the concoction. Country living editors select each product featured. · peel the potatoes and cut into chunks. But this recipe from jamie oliver uses healthy chicken broth as its base instead of cream, for a lighter, healthier version. And almost nothing is simpler than cabbage soup. · add the potato and stock and bring to the boil. As winter sweeps into full swing, the comfort foods that define the season are also making their appearance. Trim and slice the leeks in thin rounds. Method · heat the oil and butter in a pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for a couple of minutes, until softened. · add the vegetable stock and bring to . Ingredients · 50g butter · 450g potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm pieces · 1 small onion, cut the same size as the potatoes . Melt the butter in a large pan, then fry the bacon and onion, stirring until they start to turn golden. Melt 50g butter in a heavy saucepan.
Leek And Potato Soup Recipe Bbc / Pin on Soups / · add the vegetable stock and bring to .· add the potato and stock and bring to the boil. Potato soups are often heavy, creamy, and full of fat. As winter sweeps into full swing, the comfort foods that define the season are also making their appearance. Trim and slice the leeks in thin rounds. · add the leeks and cook for a further few minutes.
Two: Cook The Potato Leek And Bacon Soup
Pour the vegetable broth and heavy cream into the pan. After that, you must cover and cook the soup for around 20 to 25 minutes. Once the vegetables are soft, turn off the flame and let the pot sit aside for a while.
Lastly, blitz the soup using a hand blender until smooth and creamy.
Your soup is ready. You can serve it with a few slices of bacon and add some heavy cream to it.
Bacon Secret: To cook crispy bacon for your soup, you should grill it on medium-high. Cook both the sides of bacon for around one minute and then drain using kitchen paper.
Potato Leek Soup With Bacon And Chives
This hearty, creamy Potato Leek Soup with Bacon and Chives is perfect for any time of the year, St. Patrick’s Day celebrations, and most especially wonderful once the cold weather sets in!
Since we have a long winter here in Minnesota, it is one of our soups that we love to curl up with a hot bowl filled to the brim with this creamy, delicious soup while we watch one of the typical winter storms pass through.
If you’ve never tried leek before, this is a perfect recipe to try it out with for the first time! The leek adds some onion flavor, but with a different consistency .
Recommended Reading: Frozen Hash Brown Crock Pot Potato Soup
Potato Leek Soup With Bacon
I hope that soup is appropriate for some of you right now because for me its just wishful thinking for the time being. It is officially 9000° here with a million percent humidity and I am OOOOOOOOOoooooover it. I want. To open. The windows.
And for dinner I want to eat soup.
I guess being prepared couldnt hurt, right?
I feel like this time of year is all about being prepared. I spend the afternoon preparing for snacks and an evening meal. I spend the evening preparing for the morning. I spend the morning trying to stay caught up and preparing my work for the next day . And you know, it kinda makes me appreciate Saturdays with ZERO preparation all the more.
Unless there is yard work. Yard work in this heat is no good .
Sometimes preparing things like soup can seem a little bit tedious. Kind of a time consuming or arduous task. Ever made beef stock? Yeah like that.
But THIS soup is anything but tedious. It comes together completely in less than an hour which is pretty great considering that includes potato cooking time. The preparation is kind of relaxing instead of feeling like a never-ending to-do list . And the results are totally satisfying. Who doesnt love potato soup?!
My boys will not eat soup. Even Chad is on the fence. Which is usually fine because I love soup and um more for me.
Unfortunately potato soup does not fall into the Ill pass category. Its hearty and filling and so full of leek flavor and also bacon.
Saturday 17th of May 2014
Place Half In A Blender
Saute the bacon in a large soup pot over medium heat until crisp, then remove it from the pan, drain on paper towels, and reserve for the garnish. Creamy potato soup is an easy meal to make and even easier to freeze and store so you can have hearty soup anytime you want. Simultaneously comforting and sophisticated, this easy soup recipe is the perfect dinner contender for when you want to make something that will also ensure you have leftovers. Stir in sour cream, pepper and remaining potatoes. Prep the remaining ingredients as directed in the recipe list. Cover and process until smooth. In the soup pot, reheat the bacon grease over medium heat and stir in the leeks, turning to coat them and sauteing for several minutes, until they take on a little golden color. 11/08/2021 · that’s where this potato leek soup comes into play. Unlike many other soup recipes, a portion of the potato leek soup is left chunkyand the added texture ups the cozy factor significantly. Keep scrolling to see our best potato soup. Place half in a blender.
In the soup pot, reheat the bacon grease over medium heat and stir in the leeks, turning to coat them and sauteing for several minutes, until they take on a little golden color potato leek soup recipe. Place half in a blender.
How to make potato leek soup recipe with bacon, 11/08/2021 · that’s where this potato leek soup comes into play.
Garlic Lover’s Potato Soup – Rockridge Kitchen from askthefoodgeek.com
How To Make Creamy Leek And Potato Soup With Bacon
There are 2 ways you can make the soup: either cook the bacon in the same pan so the fat and brown bits left from the bacon can add more flavour and colour to the soup, or cook in separately, and garnish the soup with it when its ready.
I wholeheartedly recommend the first way, when the leeks and onion soften, they soak up all the flavour left from cooking the bacon, which is absolutely delicious.
- chop the bacon into cubes, and add it to a large cooking pan to cook until it gets a lovely golden brown colour or as well as you like it cooked
- remove the bacon from the pan, and set it aside
- in the same pan, add the chopped onion and leek, and cook for 3-4 minutes until they soften and soak up all the flavour left from the bacon
- add the chopped garlic, potatoes and stock, and leave to cook with the lid on for 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender
- season with salt and pepper, and add the cream make sure the cream is at room temperature, or if not, add a few spoonful of the hot liquid to a bowl, and combine with the cream, so that has the same temperature as the soup otherwise it might curdle when added to the pot
- use a soup blender to blend the soup to a creamy texture
- garnish with the cooked bacon and fresh parsley
Leek And Potato Soup Recipe Bbc
Easiest way to cook leek and potato soup recipe bbc, · peel the potatoes and cut into chunks. · melt the butter in a pan and gently sauté the onion and garlic. Often, the simplest things are the most satisfying, especially when it comes to making a delicious lunch or dinner.
The Last Cordwainer: World’s Best and Easiest Potato Leek Soup from 2.bp.blogspot.com
· add the leeks and cook for a further few minutes. Tip in the leeks and potatoes, stir well, then . Unfortunately, far too many of us still turn our noses up at the concoction. Country living editors select each product featured. Trim and slice the leeks in thin rounds. And almost nothing is simpler than cabbage soup. · add the vegetable stock and bring to . When it foams, add 450g potatoes, cut into 1cm cubes, 1 small onion, cut the same as the potatoes, and 450g white parts of .
Read Also: Lipton Soup Potato Recipe
How To Cut Leeks
Trim the root off. Take a peek and if you can see dirt in the layers, then split the leek in half and separate all the layers, wash them well, then slice per below.
If you dont see dirt , cut your leeks as pictured below:
Cut off the dark green reedy top and discard
White end finely slice and
Pale green middle part peel off reedy outer layers and finely slice the softer middle part.
Potato Soup Recipe With Leeks And Bacon
This potato soup recipe is a snap to prepare, but it tastes rich and delicious! Potatoes and leeks are simmered in broth and flavored with a little bacon and cheese!
The days are shorter and therefore darker and the air is turning cold. Do you know what that means? It means it is SOUP SEASON! I cant think of a cozier way to warm up than with a bowl of potato soup!
Also Check: French Onion Soup Mix Walmart
Ingredients To Make Creamy Potato Leek Soup With Bacon
What do you need to make this potato leek soup recipe? It all comes together with a sweep through the produce aisle plus some bacon and broth thats it!
- Red or Yukon gold potatoes use either kind or a mix of both potatoes
- Bacon we like the no-sugar bacon from Applegate or the bacon from ButcherBox
- Fresh leek see below for how to select a leek
- Yellow onion or use a white onion
- Dried thyme can use fresh thyme or substitute dried oregano or dried marjoram
- Dried parsley can use fresh flat-leaf parsley or substitute dried cilantro, dried basil, or dried chives
- Chicken or vegetable broth use low-sodium broth or make your own with our recipe for Homemade Bone Broth or Instant Pot Bone Broth
What To Serve With Potato Leek Soup
Serve this savory soup with bread so that you can dip the bread in the soup and sop up all the incredible flavors. Our Rosemary Olive Foccacia or Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits would pair perfectly with this soup!
I hope you enjoy this Potato Parsnip and Leek Soup Recipe!
If you try the recipe, dont forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on ! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Delicious Hearty Soups& Sides
Recommended Reading: Potato Soup With Frozen Hash Browns
Creamy Potato Bacon Soup
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Potato Bacon Soup is rich and creamy and packed with smoky bacon!
A creamy broth, chunks of potato, and of course it wouldnt be a bacon soup without lots of bacon. This dish is easy to make and will satisfy even the heartiest of appetites!
Hearty Potato Leek And Bacon Soup Recipe
Are you looking for an easy and delicious creamy potato leek and bacon soup recipe? Try our soup recipe and enjoy it with your friends or family.
Who can say no to a bowl of super creamy potato leek and bacon soup?
This lip-smacking soup is not at all time consuming, but your family will be convinced that you have spent all your afternoon making it. Shh! You dont want to tell them your secret.
You May Like: Olive Garden Soup And Salad Lunch
How To Make Leek And Potato Soup:
1. Cook bacon. In a heavy pan, melt the butter and add the bacon. Cook bacon until crisp and the fat is rendered off into the pan.
2. Add leeks and potatoes. Cook until the leeks are soft.
3. Add white wine, stock, bay leaves, & thyme. Simmer until the potatoes are very soft. Blend the soup with an emersion blender until creamy with just a few chunks.
4. Add cream. Remove from heat and cool slightly before adding the cream or temper the cream before adding it to the hot soup. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if needed, or a sprinkle of crushed red pepper or hot sauce, if desired.
5. Serve. Before serving, allow the soup to cool slightly as it will also thicken slightly as it cools.
A Recipe For Potato Leek Soup Youll Want To Make Again And Again
Just 10 whole-food ingredients come together to make this delicious and comforting potato leek soup that is just right for cold winter nights, cool spring evenings, rainy summer days, and chill-in-the-air autumn weekends. Theres no single time of the year that you need to wait for to make a nourishing soup. We say make it whenever the craving hits!
You May Like: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
How To Make Leek And Potato Soup
Leek are like onions they have a pretty harsh raw flavour. So the key to a really great Leek Soup is to slowly sauté them in garlic butter until they transform and become soft and sweet. Its kind of like caramelising onions for French Onion Soup except we dont take it as far.
After that, just plonk the potatoes and stock in, simmer until the potato is literally crumbling .
Blitz, stir in cream and serve!
I like to serve mine with croutons. Just a teeny tiny sprinkle of crunchy buttery bread somehow magically makes any soup so much more fabulous.
And while this is a potato based soup, that still doesnt stop me from tearing up hunks of crusty warm bread, slathering in butter and dunking into the soup.
Carb on carb fabulousness! Nagi x
Heres What You Need To Make This Potato Parsnip And Leek Soup
- Yukon Gold Potatoes: Yukon gold potatoes are the best potatoes to use when making soup. When boiled they become incredibly creamy AND because the skin is thin, there is no need to peel the potatoes.
- Parsnip: The taste of parsnip is very unique. They are a starchy root vegetable, similar to potatoes, but are a bit sweet like carrots, while having a slightly nutty taste.
- Leeks: Leeks taste similar to onions, but are milder and sweeter. When cooking with leeks, the bottom white part and discard the green part.
- Bacon: The leeks are cooked in butter and a bit of bacon drippings. This gives the soup such great flavor. You can always skip the bacon and cook the leeks in butter only.
- Garlic: This enhances the flavor of the soup. I like to use an entire bulb of garlic to give the soup a deep, rich flavor.
- Broth + Water: You can use vegetable or chicken broth when making this soup. If you want to keep it vegan, use vegetable broth.
- Butter: Use Vegan butter to keep this soup dairy-free.
- Seasonings: Youll need salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, fresh thyme, and bay leaf.
You May Like: Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix Gluten Free
How To Make This Potato Parsnip And Leek Soup
Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup With Bacon
Published: · Modified: May 4, 2020 by Elaine · This post may contain Amazon affiliate links · As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This blog generates income via ads ·
If there’s one soup you need to make this month, it’s this Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup with Bacon. It’s like a fully loaded baked potato in a bowl of soup!This recipe includes instructions for making this creamy leek and potato soup on the stovetop, too.
Smooth and creamy, this full-flavoured paleo Potato Leek Soup with Bacon is a family favourite. All made in one pot, it’s easy to prepare: minimal chopping, it’s quick to cook and there’s only one pot to clean. A win-win!
Also Check: Red Potatoes And Lipton Onion Soup Mix