How To Make Vegetarian Thai Coconut Soup
Making this vegetarian Thai coconut soup is so easy. Theres a video below that details the process however Ill quickly run by the steps.
- Sauté the aromatics and mushrooms. In a dutch oven or large pot, heat olive oil, garlic, and mushrooms. Sauté for about 3-5 minutes.
- Make the Tom Kha soup. Next, add carrots, soy sauce , ground ginger, sugar , cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, lemon zest, vegetable stock, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish and serve. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve with sliced green onions and chopped cilantro. And dont forget a squeeze of lime for extra freshness. Thats it!
No Chicken Noodle Soup 141 Oz
Prices and availability are subject to change without notice. Offers are specific to store listed above and limited to in-store. Promotions, discounts, and offers available in stores may not be available for online orders. The information provided on this website, including special diets and nutritional information, is for reference purposes and not intended as medical or healthcare information or advice. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should not rely solely on the information presented here and you should always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. The information provided on this website should not be relied upon to make health-related decisions.
- Opens in a new tab
Basic Ingredients In Thai Coconut Soup ~
These flavors form the backbone of this soup, theyre simple yet powerful
- chicken stock
- coconut milk ~ buy full fat coconut milk in the can.
- curry paste ~ The soup gets its beautiful salmony color from red curry paste I was happy to discover them in new smaller 4 oz sizes, which is perfect for someone who cooks Asian food only occasionally.
- fish sauce ~ dont skip this for authentic flavor.
- chili paste ~ I always have a jar in the fridge, its an ingredient I use over and over again, not just for Asian recipes.
- Lemongrass or lemongrass paste ~ another ingredient that makes all the difference. You can sometimes find it fresh in your produce section, but the paste works just fine, and youll find that in the Asian section of your store.
- lime juice ~ fresh!
- cilantro ~ fresh!
- hot peppers ~ any small variety your supermarket stocks.
Recommended Reading: To Go Soup Bowls With Lids
Amys Soup Tom Kha Phak Thai Coconut
Soups, Thai Coconut
Certified Organic by QAI. Gluten free. Certified vegan. vegan.org. No GMOs. No GMOs – No genetically engineered ingredients. Tom Kha Phak. Ready to serve. Do not add water. Amyâs version of the traditional Tom Kha, so popular in Thai restaurants, combines sweet, smooth coconut milk with gently warming spices, lemongrass, organic tofu, shiitake mushrooms and sweet potatoes. This delicate flavorful soup is fine introduction to Thai cuisine. Amyâs Kitchen was started when our daughter Amy was born in 1987. We are family business deeply committed to producing delicious foods made with the highest quality ingredients. Amys.com. how2recycle.info. We love to hear from you. Amys.com. Non-BPA lining.Nutrition Facts
|Information is currently not available for this nutrient.|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs**.|
|** Percent Daily Values listed below are intended for adults and children over 4 years of age. Foods represented or purported to be for use by infants, children less than 4 years of age, pregnant women, or lactating women shall use the RDIâs that are specified for the intended group provided by the FDA.|
Common Questions About Tom Kha Soup
What does Tom Kha Soup taste like?
Tom Kha soup tastes spicy, sweet, and sour. It has a savory umami flavor with a creamy texture.
Is Tom Kha vegetarian?
Yes, it is a rich coconut milk based Thai soup made with veggies, aromatics, soy sauce, ginger, spices, and coconut milk.
How long does Tom Kha Soup last?
If you want to save any leftover soup, make sure to transfer it to an airtight container. It will last 3-4 days in the fridge.
Can you freeze Tom Kha soup?
Any leftover Tom Kha soup can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Feel free to buy a rotisserie chicken, shred it up, and add it in, if youd like. You can also add tofu.
Honestly, this vegetarian version of Tom Kha is so delicious as is, you may not even need to add anything else. Its the perfect veggie-packed soup after an indulgent weekend or when you want an easy weeknight dinner.
Cant wait for you guys to try it!
You May Like: Great Soups For Weight Loss
What Is Tom Kha Soup
Traditionally, Tom Kha Soup is a Thai soup made with coconut milk, lots of spices, lemongrass, galangal root, Thai fish sauce, and Thai chili paste. Its as delicious and flavorful as you can imagine!
Heres the thing for this recipe, I wanted to keep things simple for you. My idea was to create a homemade version of Tom Kha Soup that you can make on a whim on a random weeknight. A deliciously easy version made with common ingredients found in your pantry or local grocery store.