Variations Recipe Tips And Notes
I dont like Mushrooms! I was never a fan of mushrooms, until avoiding them in this dish distracted from the time it took from me actually enjoying the dish. So, I decided to suck it up and guess what, I enjoyed it! HOWEVER if youre not a fan, you can substitute with Campbells Cream of Chicken, Cream of Broccoli and Cheese, or quite frankly, any of the Campbells Cream ofs!
Pan Sear First if you chose to leave the skin on, it gets insanely crispy and the meat remains tender and juicy! Regardless of skin on/off ensure to pat the chicken dry with paper towels as moisture will prevent the skin from getting crispy. It also allows for the flavours to burst and the ingredients to come together nicely! Once golden-brown, add the campbells and fresh mushrooms.
What mushrooms to use? I used cremini mushrooms, however you can use baby portobello mushrooms, white mushrooms, or whatever you have on hand!
Using Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup
The cream of mushroom base is Campbells® canned condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup. Since its condensed, it is richer and thicker than a traditional soup. If you were preparing this as a standalone soup, you would add one cup of water to one full can of soup.
However, for this recipe and many other casseroles or bakes, it is best to use the soup without additional liquid.
I add sour cream and chicken stock to the Campbells® Condensed Soup and mix it separately before pouring it over the chicken.
How To Make Cream Of Mushroom Chicken
This is truly a dump-and-bake recipe with very little effort required! Let the oven do the work, and your comfort food dinner will be ready in no time.
Recommended Reading: Campbells Soup Chicken And Rice Bake
Electric Pressure Cooker Instant Pot Chicken And Rice Dinner
Then I first discovered the Instant Pot and electric pressure cooking I found the trick to making this recipe even easier and foolproof. I can make the rice in the Instant Pot and keep it warm in the oven in a casserole dish.
Then I make the chicken separate in the cream of mushroom soup& milk sauce. This way the rice is perfect and the chicken is perfect. Then all you do is serve it together.
This dish is great in the fall when the leaves are changing as the dish is warm, creamy, and satisfying. Its also great in the summer when you want to just throw something in the Instant Pot, go back to work out in the yard, or play with the kids and have dinner done in a snap.
I know your family will love this dish. You will love it also as it is a modern trick to a classic dinner that will remind you of home.
Mushroom Soup Chicken & Rice Casserole
I have been eating this mushroom soup chicken and rice casserole for as long as I can remember. This recipe has chicken pieces of your choice that are baked up in a creamy mushroom soup and rice casserole, with cheese on top! Oh, and my Grandma would always sprinkle crushed saltine crackers on top as well, an awesome retro touch!
You May Like: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Nutrition Information
Brown The Chicken Before Baking
The chicken needs to be browned before baking.
Cut the chicken in half lengthwise to make them thinner. Then dredge them in flour and place them in a skillet with melted butter on med-high heat.
Cook each side for 2 minutes to create a seared crust. This helps keep the chicken moist while baking, gives it improved flavor, and helps to thicken the sauce.
I am not a fan of the boiled chicken taste and always prefer to brown my chicken before baking them in casseroles.
Copycat Campbells Tomato Soup
Were not using Campbells soup in this recipe were copying it.
This is a replica of the flavors you know and love sweet tomatoes, rich cream, a hint of basil but in an easy DIY version.
And even though its homemade, it doesnt take long to get in front of hungry family members.
Try a taste-test with the real thing, and I dare you to spot the difference.
Confession time I almost never make stuffing the traditional way any more.
Instead of wrestling with a roasted bird, just make this easy casserole as a holiday side.
Breadcrumbs, veggies, and cream of chicken soup come together to produce a casserole that can do double duty as a tasty main or a savory side.
Easy for you, tasty for your guests, everyones a winner!
Cream of mushroom soup, egg noodles, and flaky tuna come together in this meal.
This comfort food casserole is easy, light on the household finances, and ideal for make-ahead meals.
Its not fancy, and thats the beauty of this simple-yet-irresistible dish. The kids will beg for more while the adults sneak seconds.
Keep this one in regular rotation, and you wont have to worry about pleasing picky eaters.
Read Also: Parks And Nash Bone Broth Soup
Recommended Reading: Lipton Onion Soup Roasted Potatoes
Creamy Chicken And Mushroom Soup
cook time:15 minutes
total time:30 minutes
So cozy, so comforting and just so creamy. Best of all, this is made in 30 min from start to finish so quick and easy!
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup half and half, or more, as needed*
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary
Chicken With Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Is there a more classic, cozy combination than chicken with cream of mushroom soup? Fall calls for comfort food, and this simple and nourishing Cream of Mushroom Chicken is the perfect solution! Kind of like a warm hug on a cold evening, it’s a soul-satisfying supper that kids adore!
This is another one of those awesome recipes that came from a blog reader! When someone sends me a note and tells me that a particular dish is a family-favorite that has been enjoyed for decades, I know that it must be a winner. Helen’s baked cream of mushroom chicken is no exception! She sent me this recipe, and said that it was always a favorite with her children. As adults, her daughters still request the meal when they return to Helen’s kitchen!
Read Also: Red Potatoes And Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Campbells Chicken And Rice Recipe Notes
- Food Handling: A reminder to handle raw chicken appropriately and disinfect hands and cooking utensils properly.
- Stirring in the soup: Using a fork or a whisk, I mix just the soup and water together first until the soup is diluted. Then, add the rice and the spices and stir them until theyre well distributed.
- The foil: make sure you have a tight seal with the foil. The chicken will put quite a bit of moisture into the mix as it cooks and adds delicious flavor, so make sure you get the foil back on tightly after adding the chicken. Use oven mitts to fold the foil around the hot pan.
- Spices: This old school chicken and rice casserole is not overly spiced. If you want to add a bit of heat, consider some crushed red pepper. A pinch of garlic, cumin, or rosemary are all good options as well.
You May Like: Lactose Free Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Best Campbells Cream Of Chicken Casserole Recipes
Recipes Using Cream of Chicken Soup Campbells Condensed Cream of Chicken soup is a pantry staple in many households. This oh-so versatile soup forms a delicious base for so many recipes. Make something spectacular for dinner tonight with these recipes and ideas.
Easy Chicken Casserole Recipes & Ideas Easy Cook Recipes Easy Hacks to Make Your Tomato Soup Even Better Recipes Under $10 Recipes Using Cream of Chicken Soup Recipes Using Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipes Using Tomato Soup Campbells® Newsletter Signup Sign Up. Recipes, meal planning ideas and more. Delivered from our family to yours.
Ingredients. 1 can Campbells Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup frozen vegetable combination , thawed. 2 cans (4.5 ounces each.
Spread one half can of cream of chicken soup on bottom of 9 x 9 inch baking dish. Cut tortillas in strips. Layer tortillas, chicken, over top of casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Serves 4.
Put these best chicken casserole recipes in your rotation. Whether spicy or cozy, veggie-packed or topped with biscuits, theyre bound to please a crowd. 1 / 50. Chicken and Swiss Stuffing Bake I love to cook but just dont have much time. This casserole is both comforting and fast, which makes it my favorite kind of recipe.
Our most trusted Campbells Chicken Casserole With Ritz Crackers recipes. Reviewed by millions of home cooks.
Don’t Miss: Aldi Cream Of Chicken Soup
Cream Of Mushroom Chicken Bake With Cheese
Shared by Amy Desrosiers | Updated on
Cream of Mushroom Chickenis a delicious and tasty baked chicken recipe with sauteed mushrooms in a delicious cream sauce.
Baked comfort meals are some of our favorites during the chilly winter nights. I love the way they fill the home with delicious smells and how these warm meals make my family come together and smile.
This delicious and fairly easy recipe is a perfect example.
How To Make The Chicken In The Instant Pot
Read Also: Chef\s Cupboard Chicken Noodle Soup Mix
Also Check: Is She Crab Soup Keto Friendly
Use Condensed Soup If You Can Get It
So for these photos, I used a different manufacturers can of cream of chicken soup for these pictures. .
However, the soup I used here was not condensed so the sauce is slightly different and less thick than usual. So as I mention in the recipe, if you use a non-condensed can of soup, you may want to thicken the sauce before serving, using the optional cornflour mentioned in the recipe.
So my recommendation is, if you can get your hands on some Campbells condensed cream of chicken soup, please do use that. It is just better, and will give you a thicker and tastier sauce in your casserole! Their soups really are the best!
Chicken and rice casserole
I have used chicken breast in this recipe, but if you wish you can also use chicken thighs and cook the chicken on the bone if you prefer. It is up to you.
The secret to getting the nice fluffy rice in the photos is to rinse and soak your rice before you cook it. Check out some tips in my pilau rice recipe, just leave out all the added ingredients and add only a pinch of salt, but follow the same process of rinsing and soaking.
I hope you get to try this recipe. If you do, please let me know how you get on in the comments section below!
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
Tips And Tricks For Making Chicken & Rice Casserole
- This can be a really affordable meal for your family as you can skip the chicken breasts and use cheaper cuts like chicken thighs and legs if you want. I find that chicken thighs cook up the best in this recipe as chicken breasts can dry out.
- If you use chicken breasts, make sure that you cover them with sauce and rice if you can to keep them from drying out.
- Use only the rice I specify, wild or brown rice will take too long and it wont cook on time.
- Skin on or skin off chicken is another choice that is up to you. The chicken skin doesnt crisp up so if you dont like the texture of soft chicken skin, then remove the skin and cook skinless.
- IF you want to keep the skin on and make it crispy simply place the chicken on top of the rice and soup mixture. It will crisp up more!
This chicken and rice casserole definitely hearkens from the days of canned soup mania and it has stayed popular to this day. If you are wanting the really retro taste, then you have to sprinkle crushed saltines or Ritz crackers on top at the end with the cheese. I love it that way!
What Happens If Campbell’s Cream Of Chicken & Mushroom Soup Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Recommended Reading: Pot Roast With French Onion Soup
Baked Pork Chops With Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Baked pork is an easy dinner, but its not always easy to pick a sauce-pairing for those succulent chops.
If you have a can of Campbells cream of mushroom soup in the cupboard, you have your answer.
This creamy, rich sauce will keep your chops juicy and moist as they cook.
Itll leave you free to spend some quality time with the kids, or have a relaxing glass of wine. No judgment here!
Also Check: Aldi Cream Of Chicken Soup
Tips For The Best Cream Of Mushroom Chicken Recipe
- Cooking for a smaller family? Just cut the sauce ingredients in half, use just as much chicken as you need , and prepare the dinner in an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Adjust the total baking time depending on the size and type of chicken that you’re using. Whole cut-up chicken pieces with the bone-in will require about 1 hour, while boneless, skinless chicken breast only needs about 30-45 minutes.
- Bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces will yield juicier meat with more flavor. If you’re looking for a quicker cooking time, go boneless! Both options work well.
- Garnish the chicken and sauce with chopped fresh herbs, lemon slices, or freshly-grated lemon zest. An extra sprinkle of paprika adds great color, too!
Recommended Reading: Maggie And Mary’s Soup Mix
Campbells Cream Of Chicken Soup Recipes Crock Pot
The Best Crockpot Pot Roast
20 Things To Make With A Can Of Soup Recipes With Canned Soup
Homemade Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup The Chunky Chef
Slow Cooker Three Cheese Broccoli Soup
Crockpot Ranch Chicken
Campbell S Slow Cooker Savory Pot Roast Recipe Allrecipes Com
Cream Of Chicken Soup Condensed Dinner Then Dessert
Homemade Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup The Chunky Chef
Pressure Cooker Chicken And Rice
Campbell S Condensed Cream Of Chicken Soup 10 5 Oz Can
Chicken Quesadilla Soup Chelsea S Messy Apron
Recipe For 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken And Gravy 365
Crock Pot Chicken Santa Fe Soup
The Best Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Easy Chicken Pot
Homemade Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup The Chunky Chef
Crockpot Chicken And Rice
How To Make Slow Cooker Cream Of Chicken Soup
Crock Pot Chicken And Noodles
Quick And Easy Homemade Turkey Noodle Soup
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
Slow Cooker Chicken And Corn Chowder
Easy Crock Pot Potato Soup Recipe 3 9 5
Crockpot Creamy Mushroom Chicken Recipe
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken And Corn Chowder Mommy Hates
Crockpot Mushroom Chicken Crazy For Crust
Low Carb Taco Soup That Low Carb Life
Crock Pot Chicken And Stuffing
Slow Cooker Chicken And Dumpling Soup Recipe
Crockpot Italian Chicken