How To Meal Prep This Pot Roast Recipe
Here are a few tips on how you can meal prep this chuck roast recipe:
- Prep the ingredients the night before in the slow cooker insert. This recipe is already so easy to prepare, but if you dont want to fuss with it in the morning, get it ready before bed. Then, get the slow cooker started before you head for work in the morning.
- Cook on the weekend. If you want to make sandwiches during the week or just heat and eat, you can make this pot roast on the weekend and then store it in the fridge for dinners during the week.
- Prep sides to have ready. When I know we will eat these as sandwiches during the week, Ill make the onions and peppers ahead of time to put together the sandwiches at dinner time quickly. Or, Ill make mash potatoes, rice, or other sides to have ready to heat up for dinner during the week.
Lipton Onion Soup Mix Pork Roast Crock Pot Recipe
Diana Rattray is definitely an enthusiastic home prepare and foodie with a love for Southern cooking and Southern food history. Find out more
This straightforward, popular slow oven pot roast is made from only 5 ingredients as well as the water! Make use of a good lean beef chuck roast within this recipe, or locate a cut of beef with "pot roast" around the label.
Onion soup flavors the beef perfectly. Just put all things in the slow cooker, place it, and end up forgetting it!
- one beef pot roast of your liking- about four to five pounds
- baby carrots, optional
- 1 1/2 to two pounds new taters, decline in 2-inch chunks, optional
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
Place beef pot roast within the slow cooker. Add carrots and new taters, if using.
Combine the condensed soups, onion soup mix, and water pour within the pot roast and vegetables, if using.
Prepare on low eight to ten hrs or until tender. Or prepare on HIGH for around three or four hrs.
If preferred, thicken the gravy about two tablespoons of flour or corn starch that has been combined with cold water.
* Cuts of meat for pot roasts are frequently labeled through the grocer, but when not, select a lean chuck roast, blade roast, 7-bone, rump roast, bottom round, or shoulder roast.
Continue Studying Below
How To Make Gravy For Pot Roast
TIP FOR GRAVY:;If you want to have gravy with this delicious spectacular roast30 minutes before its done cookingremove vegetables, cover and keep warm. Mix 3 Tablespoons of Cornstarch with 3/4 cup of water. Pour mixture into the bottom of the slow cooker, Stir carefully, trying to avoid dripping cornstarch mixture it on the meat. Cover and allow to finish cooking.
Carefully remove the Roast from the slow cooker. Place on a platter and gently pull it apart into big chunks using forks. It will just fall apart. Place the potatoes and carrots around the edges of the roast.
Spoon your thickened gravy into a bowl or over the top of your roast and vegetables. Which ever your clan prefers!
There ya go! A true Meat and Potatoes Meal with very little effort on your part! Its such a fantastic family Classic. Grandma knew what she was doing when she created this recipe.
We are so lucky to live in the day of Slow Cookers!; They allow us to cook dishes like this slowly so the meat is tender, juicy, and fall apart good!
I tried to get really good photos of this mealhowever I had hungry wolves panting over itlike it was the first food theyd seen in days! lol
This really is a complete meal. Sometimes I make a green salad to go with it. Most of the time I just try to get out-of-the-way and let the vultures do their thing to this Classic Beef Pot Roast! I just stand aside and pray the plate is left when they back away!
Happy Nesting Friends!
Read Also: Onion Soup Mix Dip Recipe
Lipton Onion Soup Pot Roast
There are all sorts of neat little tricks that people have to add all sorts of rich, delicious flavor to their favorite pot roasts. Browning, Worcestershire, and soy sauce- chances are, youve heard them all. What you might not be too familiar with is using some Lipton onion soup mix in your pot roast! This special little ingredient not only helps make juicy, tender pot roasts but it makes them super flavorful!
We also went out of our way to make this pot roast in the oven- while slow cooker pot roasts are super easy and delicious, ovens still work. Some of us also might not have slow cookers or instant pots on hand- but I imagine most of you have ovens! Besides, theres a certain charm to pulling a well-cooked pot roast from the oven- especially when its one this tasty!
This oven pot roast recipe is especially easy to make. If youre wondering how to make a tender beef roast in the oven, our instructions here are the answer youre looking for. So grab your favorite dutch oven and get to cooking! Youre going to love making this juicy pot roast in the oven.
Easy Crock Pot Roast Lipton Onion Soup Mix Recipe
In Roast Beef
Crock pot roast Lipton onion soup mix;in a slow cooker pot roast that you only need to prepare five ingredients and water. Even you can replace vegetables that you have or remove it at all. You can start with a lean beef chuck roast for this recipe or you can use a cut of beef with the pot roast on the label. You should know that chuck roast and rump roast are the best choices for slow braising. You can get;crock pot roast Lipton onion soup mix;ingredients;below.
Thanks to the slow cooking method and the soup that makes your roast beef will be moister and tender as well. You do not need to brown your roast in advance since this recipe has plenty of favors thanks to the onion soup mix.
Making a;crock pot roast Lipton onion soup mix;recipe
- 2 cups of baby carrots, optional
- 3 to 4 pounds of lean beef chuck roast or pot roast labeled roast
- 2 cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 pounds of fresh potatoes, cut them into 2-inch chunks
- 1 ½ cups of water
- 1 ounce of dry onion soup mix
Also Check: French Onion Soup Bowls With Lids
Which Cut Of Meat Is The Best
- My mother-in-law always used chuck roast, either bone-in or boneless depending on what was available. Ive typically done the same. Though bone-in is generally considered to be more flavorful, I would say its very hard to discern the difference. Both are delicious.
- Though Ive always considered chuck roast the best cut for this preparation, I recently used a shoulder roast with equally excellent results.;
Leftovers Advance Prep And Freezing Tips:
- To ensure leftovers are even better the second time around, store the cooked meat in the remaining juice. There should be enough to almost fully submerge it. This essentially marinates the cooked beef, making it even more tender and flavorful.
- The leftover meat may also be frozen in the juices.;
- You may fully prepare this recipe the day before, cool, and then cover and refrigerate. The next day all of the fat that has cooked out of the beef will rise to the top and harden, at which point you can scrape it off and discard.;
The soup mix, either store-bought or homemade, acts as a dry rub and imparts incredible flavor as the roast transforms into juicy, fall-apart-tender meat. A light coating of olive oil helps the mix cling to the meat.
The photo above shows a bone-in cut while the one below is boneless. Either option works well. Though chuck roast is my go-to, I recently used a shoulder roast with excellent results.
Use heavy-duty foil to form a packet. This will lock in the flavorful juices that cook out of the roast. These natural juices flavor and tenderize the meat as it cooks and are delicious for drizzling later. The packet makes for easy cleanup, too!;
When doubling the recipe, I place the roasts in separate packets and lay them side-by-side on the rimmed baking sheet.;
The cooked meat is tender, juicy, brimming with flavor, and shreds beautifully. Leftover meat is delicious simply reheated or stirred into soups, stews, and sauces.;
- 1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
Don’t Miss: Is She Crab Soup Keto Friendly
Instant Pot Pot Roast:
Cut roast in half. Season as directed. Using the sauté setting, sear the roast in the Instant Pot with oil on all sides. Take meat out, deglaze the pot, add 1 cup of beef broth, and return the roast. Pour sauce mixture on top and cook on high pressure for 60-80 minutes , or until tender. Allow a 15 minute natural pressure release.
Crock Pot Roast Lipton Onion Soup Recipe Perfect For Winter Night
Crock pot roast Lipton onion soup mix can be your great food during winter. Its perfect to enjoy during a cold weather. It is very easy to make, even a teen can do it pretty well. Moreover, the meal doesnt need many ingredients to cook with. It is also possible to work errands while cooking with a crock pot, too.
- Beef pot roast. You can use around 4 or 5 lbs based on this crock pot roast Lipton onion soup recipe.
- Potatoes 2 pounds lbs if you want it more, feel free to add it.
- Carrots; baby carrots are more recommended ; 2 cups
- 2 cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package of Lipton onion soup mix
- 1½ cups of water
You May Like: How To Make Onion Dip With Soup Mix
Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- An onion is a must
Similar to our Slow Cooker Mississippi pot roast, they both have tons of flavor but this has no heat.
If you want to omit the beer you can just substitute it with more broth instead. The alcohol will be cooked off and the only reason its great is because it adds another layer of bold flavors.
If youre in a rush but want a hearty comfort food meal at the end of the evening this is a great choice. Serve it with mashed potatoes and youre set!
- Just throw in the beef chuck roast with vegetables, liquid, dry onion soup mix dissolved, cover and cook!
- Cooking time is about all day and it just gets more tender if you have to leave it in an extra hour or more.
What Cut Of Meat Is Best For Sunday Roast
Chuck roast is probably the best if you ask me, and pretty cheap too. If you want a bit leaner cut, but willing to spend more you could use a sirloin, top rump or fillet.
What is the most flavorful roast?
Rib eye roast is known to be the most popular. With some fat to make it tender and great flavor, its a great choice.
Do you have to brown a roast before putting it in the Crockpot?
It is not a must. Some prefer to have the outside browned with some olive oil in a pan on the stovetop before cooking, but to make prep quicker you can skip that step.
Should I turn roast in slow cooker?
This isnt necessary either. The steam and hot liquid will get the top and bottom just as tender. You can if you really think you must.
I do suggest using the combination of broth and beer for the most flavor possible. Those and the dry soup mix create the most amazing pot roast recipe.
Time needed:;8 hours.
Crockpot roast with onion soup mix
Place roast in slow cooker with potatoes, carrots and onion broken apart around it. In a bowl whisk together your broth and onion soup mix. Pour this on top of the roast, add beer now too.Sprinkle in pepper and garlic powder. Close your lid.
Secure lid on top and cook on low for 8 hours. When done remove meat and keep warm. It is not recommended to set to high heat for half the amount of time. Low and slow will keep it tender.
After meat has rested slice and serve with veggies and thick gravy on top.
You May Like: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Nutrition Information
Some Tips For Making Instant Pot French Onion Pot Roast
- Cut your roast into 1 pound chunks for more even and faster cooking.
- Use Yellow onions for a more savory result, or use a sweet variety onion like Walla-Walla or Vidalia for a sweeter result.
- You can use fresh or dried thyme leaves. If using fresh, double the amount .
- If you dont have a can of French Onion soup, use a packet of onion soup mix and 1 cup of water.
- A little brandy or sherry adds nice flavor .
- Be sure to let the roast naturally release for 10-15 minutes before releasing the pressure for the best, tender results.
You can either shred the pot roast after it is cooked, or leave it in large chunks. I prefer the shredded version, where the meat goes back into that yummy onion gravy!
Another recipe you may want to try is my Instant Pot Pot Roast recipe. A classic pot roast with potatoes, onion, and carrots. It is classic and delicious.
Looking For A Delicious Dinner Recipe
One of the very first recipes I learned to make early in my marriage was a simple slow cooker pot roast. Even to this day, its my hubbys favorite and he still gets really impressed ! This is how my mom makes pot roast; and on a chilly day, its so comforting!
Hip Tip If youre thinking of making your own onion soup mix, here is a recipe to do just that!
Recommended Reading: Campbell’s Cream Of Chicken Soup Recipes
French Onion Pot Roast In The Instant Pot
Todays recipe is my Instant Pot French Onion Pot Roast. It has a wonderful onion flavor that is very similar to French Onion Soup, and is so delicious.
The electric pressure cooker is so fantastic at cooking certain foods faster than traditional methods, and with more flavor and nutrition .
One of the ways the Pressure cooker shines is when cooking a good old pot roast! They cook much faster and the meat becomes very tender.
I like the chuck roast the best for this recipe as it has the right amount of fat and connective tissue to make the roast super tender once those elements break down.
The issue is that pot roasts need to cook a long time for those tissues to break down and produce that fork-tender meat we all love.
No problem making a tender pot roast in the pressure cooker!
Did You Make This Recipe
What to do with the leftovers from That Old Lipton Onion Soup Pot Roast Recipe:
Ill be sharing That Old Lipton Onion Soup Pot Roast Recipe at Fiesta Friday #242, cohosted this week by;;and; Youre going to love all the bloggers that share their best recipes of the week at Fiesta Friday but do drop by and see Jhuls. Youre going to love each creative recipe and take a sec to stop by and see Jen. Shes going to have you in stitches with a helping of her real-life stories along with each recipe.
How To Freeze Pot Roast
One of my favorite ways to make-ahead this recipe is to freeze the cooked shredded pot roast into portions.;
You can put it into freezer bags or freeze it into portions using silicone freezer trays like these Souper Cubes. To reheat, place the frozen beef in the microwave and heat for 3-4 minutes or until hot. Use in rice bowls, on sandwiches, or in a wrap.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast With Onion Soup Mix
This Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Onion Soup Mixis so much more than a regular pot roast. It uses a homemade french onion soup mix thats beyond easy to throw together. Then just rub it all over the chuck roast, add some beef broth and Worcestershire sauce, and set it and forget it! By the end of the busy workday, youll come home to a delicious pot roast that you can use in a variety of ways. Trust me; your family will want this to be a regular rotation on the meal plan!
This post contains affiliate links. I am an affiliate for Amazon Associates and other brands and earn a small commission on qualifying purchases. Youre by no means obligated to use my links but, if you do, thank you for supporting Organize Yourself Skinny.
Im always seeking out slow cooker recipes that can cook all day and also totally comfort me at the same time. Its also a requirement that my house smells fantastic with the aromas of whats for dinner.
This slow cooker pot roast with onion soup mix recipe checks all of those boxes and more!
Don’t Miss: Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix Gluten Free