How To Make Homemade Spinach Dip
Time for another round of culinary confessions! Todays topic: spinach dip. Before going gluten-free, I loved spinach dip. Not high-class spinach dip, mind you. The kind you make from a packet of Lipton soup mix. I added sour cream, mayo, and a little parmesan and called it a day. I didnt even bother adding water chestnuts or green onions.
Since going gluten-free, I havent eaten this dip because , Lipton soup mix contains wheat. Boo!
So when a reader asked about a spinach dip, I headed into the kitchen to get reacquainted;with an old friend. And I am so glad I did. Folks, creamy, wonderful spinach dip is back in my life.
Heres how to make it!
Shred a carrot. Remember to peel it before you shred it!
Chop it. This sounds like a silly step but, trust me, you want small pieces of carrots, not long shreds.;You want fine pieces, not a mush.
Then chop an onion. You want that puppy finely chopped!
Next cook em. ;Why? Well, cooking not only softens the vegetables, it also takes the bite off the onions. This is key. You dont want the raw onion and carrot to compete with the other flavors. First cook the carrots.
Then cook the onions. You only need to cook the onions for about two minutes. Thats it! ;Use the same frying pan. If some of the carrots hang around the pan, thats fine. No need to spend time and energy getting each bit of carrot out of the pan.
Stir the onions and carrots together with the spinach.
Spread on a cracker. Die of bliss.
Knorr Professional Ultimate Vegetable Bouillon Base 6 X 454 G
- Vegetable broth base ideal for use in commercial kitchens, restaurants, and hospitality
- Delivers consistent taste and performance that culinary professionals can rely on
- Made with onions, carrots, and celery
- No artificial flavours or preservatives or added MSG; colours from natural sources; gluten-free and plant-based
Types Of Mayonnaise To Use In Spinach Dip
I tested this spinach dip recipe with regular mayo, light mayo, avocado oil mayo and coconut oil mayo. All were delicious but yielded slightly different results.
Regular full fat mayonnaise – this was my favorite. It had the best flavor and texture overall.
Low fat mayonnaise – the flavor was equally satisfying, just a little different and the spinach dip was a smidgen runnier.
Avocado oil mayonnaise – I really like this version. It had a unique flavor and was on the healthier side.
Coconut oil mayonnaise – This version wasn’t my favorite. You couldn’t taste the coconut but it had a vinegar zing to it.
I have used full fat Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream in this spinach dip recipe but I haven’t tried other substitutes for the mayonnaise.
If you like your spinach dip a little more garlicky you can add an extra teaspoon of garlic powder.
My girls both said that this cold spinach dip is amazing and reminds them a little of onion dip. If I make a from scratch onion dip I’ll come back and link it here.
Also Check: Golden Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Does Knorr Soup Have Gluten
Easily achieve a rich mirepoix flavour with Knorr Ultimate Vegetable Base. Made from onions, carrots, and celery, this gluten–free broth base offers a time-saving and cost-efficient means of developing flavour in soups, stocks, sauces, and more. It is gluten–free and vegan.
Subsequently, question is, is Knorr caldo de pollo gluten free? Knorr Caldo Con Sabor De Pollo, 2.1 oz, This product should be egg free, msg free, peanut free, no artificial colors, no artificial flavors, nut free, no artificial ingredients, and gluten free.
Correspondingly, which soups are gluten free?
Here are all the gluten free Bookbinders soups:
- butternut squash and mushroom soup.
- new england clam chowder.
- southwestern corn and clam chowder.
- tomato zesty soup.
- brandywine mushroom soup.
Which Knorr products are gluten free?
*The Knorr product in these recipes is gluten–free. Always check the label of all other ingredients you use to ensure they are gluten–free.Gluten-Free
How To Make Hot Knorr Spinach Dip:
Unlike the chilled version, this delicious spinach dip uses cream cheese and a few other ingredients. However, it bakes up like a dream and everyone pretty much inhales it the moment you set it down.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 package Knorr vegetable mix
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheese divided
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Recommended Reading: Le Creuset Cast Iron Soup Pot
Create A New Wish List
Auto reorder # will now ship via common carrier. Please choose your delivery preferences:
- Delicious vegetable blend of asparagus, carrots, chopped parsley, green beans, leeks, onions, peas, and zucchini
- Seasoned with real sea salt; contains 1/2 cup of hearty vegetables per serving
- Yields approximately 16 servings of prepared soup
- Gluten-free certification increases menu options for gluten-sensitive customers
- Allows you to create a new soup of the day for an ever-evolving menu
Recipe Tips And Variations:
- Fresh spinach: To substitute fresh spinach for the frozen spinach, use a pound of fresh spinach leaves for every 10-ounce package of frozen that you need. Cook according to the package directions and squeeze dry in a clean kitchen towel.
- Make ahead: For the best flavors, let the dip chill at least 2 hours. Or, make it a day ahead and keep it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Artichokes. Artichoke spinach dip is hard to beat. Add one can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped, to the recipe.
- Baby shrimp. 1 to 2 cups of baby shrimp, cooked and shelled, make an already great dip even better.
- Parmesan cheese. Freshly grated, or the stuff in the green can; a little cheese gives an umami flavor.
- Greek yogurt. A good, thick Greek yogurt lightens things up if youre looking for a healthy spinach dip.
- Serve in a bread bowl. Usually people serve this famous spinach dip by spooning it into a scooped-out loaf of bread. Slice off the top of a round, rustic loaf of bread and hollow it out. ;Also, hold onto the lid and the inner bread chunks.
Don’t Miss: Nutritional Value Of Lentil Soup
Is Lipton Soup Mix Gluten Free
4.8/5Are Lipton Soup MixesGluten FreeLipton’sSecrets Onionsoup mixesLiptongluten
Currently, the Knorr Mix Recipe Classics Vegetable contains barley as part of its ingredients, therefore the product is not gluten free.
One may also ask, does Lipton Onion Soup Mix contain milk? Are Any Soup Secrets® And Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Products Dairy/Lactose Free? Ingredients that may contain any of the top eight allergens as defined by FDA: peanuts, tree nuts, soy, fish, seafood, wheat, eggs, and milk or dairy, as well as any ingredient that may contain gluten are always listed on the label.
Hereof, is Goodman’s onion soup mix gluten free?
Goodman’s Gluten Free Onion Soup& Dip Mix, 2.75 oz.
Does Lipton soup have MSG?
Those Lipton Onion Soup Mix or Hidden Valley Ranch packets you keep in the pantry for emergency dip situations contain MSG. Not all brands contain it, though, so read your packaging.
- Spinach, Artichoke & White Beans with Penne Pasta.
- Lebanese Grilled Chicken.
Easy Vegan Spinach Dip
This is a quick and easy vegan spinach dip recipe!; It’s a classic spinach dip made with sour cream, mayo, soup mix, and water chestnuts, yet made vegan!; Your friends and family will go crazy over this dip and no one will ever notice that it doesn’t have dairy!
Spinach dip has always been a favorite of mine, so when I went vegan about 20 years ago, this was one of the first things that I tried to veganize!; Luckily it’s pretty easy to swap out a few things to make it vegan.; I served this at my kid’s birthday parties, neighborhood picnics, and family get-togethers for years and no one ever guesses that it’s vegan!
You May Like: How To Cook Tortilla Soup
Best Gluten Free Dry Vegetable Soup Mix Recipes
I have been looking for and devising a lower-salt dried onion soup mix recipe for years now. I think the flavor of this is very good, without being quite as salty as the brand-name ones out there. Beef bouillon gives a deeper, heartier flavor, while the chicken is lighter and a little more onion-ey.
Buy Gluten Free Cafe. Gluten-Free Soup Recipes 1. Sweet and Spicy Carrot Soup. Homemade soups are definitely the most nutritious, because you can use fresh ingredients, control the sodium and ensure that the soup is gluten free. So if you have the time, try one of these delicious recipes.
1. Minestrone Vegetable Instant Soup Mix. Ingredients: quick-cooking rotini, freeze-dried mixed veggies, Italian herb seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, chicken base powder, tomato powder, salt, pepper; Weight of full recipe in bag: 2-3/8 oz. Calories per 1-cup serving: 126; view/print Minestrone Vegetable Instant Dry Soup Mix Recipe. 2.
Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix is a garden medley blend of carrots, onions, tomatoes, celery root, leeks, potatoes, cabbage, pleas, broccoli and garlic. It’s delicious served as a soup or when added to your favourite recipes, like our classic Spinach Dip. Enjoy Knorr Dry Soups for a delicious snack, heartwarming meal or as an addition to your favourite recipe for an extra boost of flavour.
Gluten Free. Asian Soups. Bean Soups. Cheese Soups. Chili’s. Lentil Soups. Noodle Soups. Pea Soups. Rice Soups.
What To Serve With Spinach Dip
Cold spinach dip is often served in a bread bowl but you can serve it in a ceramic bowl or a hollowed out bell pepper too.
I like to serve this easy spinach dip recipe with an array of crackers, veggies, and sometimes tortilla chips .
I love serving sliced baguettes and crackers with fresh spinach dip.
You can keep this a low carb or keto appetizer by serving it with fried cheese rounds, low carb bread, and veggies.
Read Also: Amy’s Organic Minestrone Soup
More About Knorr Chicken Bouillon No Msg Recipes
EASY HOMEMADE BOUILLON CUBES RECIPE | HEALTHY HOME ECONOMIST
FromEstimated Reading Time
- Sweat the onion on low heat using healthy cooking oil of choice for several minutes to draw the moisture out, taking care that little to no browning of the onion occurs.
- Add the lovage a few handfuls at a time. It is recommended to use fresh lovage if at all possible for this recipe. If using fresh lovage, note that it will shrink like spinach. In a pinch, dried lovage leaves can be substituted using 1/3 the amount.
KNORR CONCENTRATED CHICKEN BOUILLON | KNORR® | KNORR CA
FromCaloriesSaturated FatFatTotal Fat
HOMEMADE CHICKEN BOUILLON POWDER RECIPE
CHICKEN RECIPES | KNORR® RECIPE | KNORR® | KNORR CA
CHICKEN BOUILLON CUBES | KNORR SELECTS | KNORR CA
HOMEMADE CHICKEN BOUILLON POWDER – SHERI GRAHAM: HELPING …
- Blend all the ingredients in a small food processor until powdery and mixed well. Store in a dry, airtight container. I use a pint jar with a lid and it works perfectly!
- * For those following THM, this bouillon powder would work wonderfully to make your own quick sauces and gravies! I use this all the time to add flavor to soups.
10 EASY RECIPES THAT USE KNORR SEASONING PACKETS
KNORR SELECTS BOUILLON POWDER MADE WITH PREMIUM VEGETABLE …
KNORR SELECTS CHICKEN BOUILLON POWDER, 200 GRAMS: AMAZON …
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
Don’t Miss: Soup Diets For Quick Weight Loss
What Happens If Knorr Soup Mix And Recipe Mix Vegetable Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Are Lipton Soup Mixes Still Gluten Free
The oven-roasted potatoes recipe on the Lipton Onion Soup mix box has been a favorite side dish in our house for years.
So when an observant celiac support group leader from Philadelphia called Gluten-Free Living to ask if we knew if it was still gluten-free despite a change in the ingredients, I ran to my pantry. I had just bought a six pack of the mix at a warehouse club.
I am sorry to admit I did not look at the multi-pack in the store, especially since Gluten-Free Living always says you have to read the ingredients list every time you buy a food!
Both Liptons Recipe Secrets Onion and Vegetable soup mixes now list autolyzed yeast extract made from barley. A consumer representative said this is a change in the formulation.
Lipton has a policy of always listing any potentially gluten-containing ingredient on its labels. Allergen labeling laws require wheat to be noted, but Lipton, a Unilever brand, voluntarily also lists any barley or rye. Consumers are advised to use the labels to determine if products are gluten free.
But the consumer representative said the onion soup is estimated to contain only 0.09 parts per million of gluten and the vegetable only 0.04 ppm. These levels are far below the 20 ppm of gluten the Food And Drug Administration has proposed as the cut-off for foods that can be considered gluten free.
Like all things gluten free, you have to weigh the facts that are available in deciding whether to keep using the Lipton soup mixes.
Recommended Reading: French Onion Soup Bowls With Lids
Can I Use Fresh Spinach To Make Spinach Dip
Yes. Chop the stems off of 12 ounces of fresh spinach and cook it in a skillet with a little oil.
Once the spinach has cooked down, let it cool to room temperature.
Squeeze the the liquid out just like you would with frozen spinach.
You can use your hands or a paper towel. Spinach has a lot of liquid so keep squeezing until no more big drips of liquid come out.
Once all the liquid is removed, chop the spinach and then add it to your healthy spinach dip.
What Soups Are Naturally Gluten Free
Gluten Free Soup List
- Swanson® Broth Natural GoodnessTM Chicken Broth. 50% less Sodium Chicken Broth. Chicken Broth. Vegetable Broth.
- Amys. Hearty Organic Soup: French Country Vegetable. Rustic Italian Vegetable. Soup:
- Thai Kitchen. Instant Rice Noodle Soup: Bangkok Curry. Garlic & Vegetable. Lemongrass & Chili.
Don’t Miss: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
How To Make Spinach Dip
Luckily cold spinach dip recipes are a mix and serve kind of appetizer. Here’s how to make spinach dip:
You can serve this spinach dip right away but I prefer to let it chill in the refrigerator for an hour or so.