Golden Mushroom Soup Substitute Recipes
- boneless chicken breasts, butter and 5;Moreboneless chicken breasts, butter, dried italian salad dressing mix, goldenmushroomsoup, white wine , cream cheese with chives and onions, angel hair pasta 4 hour 10 min, 7 ingredients
- clarified butter, flour, beef stock, tomato paste and 3;Moreclarified butter, flour, beef stock, tomato paste, mushroom , i prefer baby portabella. slice thin, dry white wine, oil , i use safflower30 min, 7 ingredients
- cube steaks , cut into 1-inch pieces or 1 -2 lb stewing b… and 8;Morecube steaks , cut into 1-inch pieces or 1 -2 lb stewing beef, cut into 1/2 inch pieces, condensed goldenmushroomsoup , chopped onion, worcestershire sauce, beef broth, button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered , salt and pepper, cream cheese, room temperature, sour cream6 hour 5 min, 9 ingredients
How To Make Homemade Cream Of Mushroom Soup
How Do You Make Mushroom Soup From Scratch
The trick to getting the beautiful depth and flavor here is really taking your time to cook the onions and mushrooms.
Cook them until all of the liquid releases.
Here Ive added rosemary, but fresh thyme or Sage would work well too.
Read Also: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
Baked Pork Chops With Cream Of Mushroom Soup
When done right, these baked pork chops are fork-tender. Great comfort food for cold days! The cream of mushroom soup gravy is great on both the pork chops and mashed potatoes.
Provided by CANDYLOTUS
|26 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup|
|¼ cup water|
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F .
- Place sliced onion pieces on the bottom of a glass baking dish. Lay pork chops over the onions. Cover chops evenly with cream of mushroom soup. Add water and bouillon to the top, breaking up bouillon cubes to get the flavor spread out. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring the gravy once or twice, until no longer pink in the centers, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a chop should read 145 degrees F .
Nutrition Facts : Calories419.3 calories, Carbohydrate13.8 g, Cholesterol106.6 mg, Fat19.8 g, Fiber0.2 g, Protein44.2 g, SaturatedFat5.6 g, Sodium1673.5 mg, Sugar3.5 g
Read Also: Nutritional Value Of Lentil Soup
Campbell’s Golden Mushroom Soup Pork Chops
This is a super fast, delicious recipe. My mother made it when I was young and now I serve it to my husband. You may use boneless chicken in place of pork.
Provided by IJustThrewItTogether
|4 boneless pork chops|
|1 can campebell condensed golden mushroom soup|
|1 teaspoon rosemary|
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder on the chops.
- Heat a skillet and add oil to coat.
- Brown the chops on each side from 5-10 minutes depending on thickness,Cook until juices run clear then remove from pan.
- Add can of soup and water to the hot pan and stir Sprinkle in rosemary Heat until boiling.
- Put chops back in and cover Cook another 5 minutes on low.
- Serve with mashed potatoes as the gravy is YUMMY!
More About Campbells Mushroom Soup Pork Chop Recipes
EASY MOIST PORK CHOPS DINNER | CAMPBELL SOUP RECIPES
FromEstimated Reading Time
- Trim the fat from the chops. In a shallow dish combine the flour, salt and pepper. Coat the chops with the flour mixture. In a large skillet the cook chops, half at a time, in hot oil until they are brown on both sides . Remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl stir together the soup, chicken broth, sour cream, ginger and rosemary. Stir in half of the French-fried onions. Pour into an ungreased 3 quart rectangular baking dish. Top with the chops.
- Bake, covered, for 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with the remaining French-fried onions. Bake, uncovered, for another 5-10 minutes or until the chops are tender and their juices run clear.
TASTY 2-STEP PORK CHOPS – CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
FromEstimated Reading TimeServingsTotal Time
PORK CHOPS & RICE MUSHROOM SOUP CASSEROLE RECIPE …
SUPER MOIST PORK CHOPS – CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
10 BEST CAMPBELL SOUP PORK CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
CREAM OF MUSHROOM PORK CHOPS BAKED – KITCHEN GIDGET
FromEstimated Reading Time
SUPER MOIST MUSHROOM PORK CHOPS | RECIPELION.COM
FromEstimated Reading TimeCategory
BAKED PORK CHOPS WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP |
FromEstimated Reading Time
15 BEST CAMPBELL SOUP RECIPES – IZZYCOOKING
INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY – HOME.
Also Check: Amy’s Organic Minestrone Soup
Can I Freeze Mushroom Soup
Yes, mushroom soup can be frozen, but preferably without the dairy added. Add the sourcream when reheating the soup.
If you would like a silky smooth mushroom soup, feel free to blend this up with an immersion blender.
Truffle oil is a nice addition, but totally optional.
Set aside some of the cooked mushrooms to use as a garnish.
To make the crispy garlic chips- slice garlic lengthwise, then pan-sear until golden- a crunchy flavorful topping. My husbands favorite!
Let us know how you like this Creamy Mushroom Soup in the comments below, noting any of your adaptations! See recipe notes for vegan options!
Variations Of This Recipe
- MUSHROOMS for this cream of mushroom soup recipe I chose to use regular white button mushrooms, as theyre the most common mushrooms to find in the grocery store here in the US.; You can absolutely use cremini , shiitake, chanterelle, or any other type of mushroom you love.
- DRIED MUSHROOMS another great way to make this condensed soup is to use dried mushrooms.; Add about a cup of water to a saucepan and heat it to a simmer.; Add in the dried mushrooms, cover, turn off the heat and let the mushrooms steep in the water for about 25 minutes.; Not only will this reconstitute the mushrooms, but youll be left with a fabulous mushroom broth!; Use that broth in place of the vegetable broth in this recipe for an ultra mushroom-y cream of mushroom soup.
- CHOPPED SIZE I like to keep my pieces of mushrooms small in this soup, to more closely mimic the look of the canned variety.; If you want a chunkier look to your condensed soup, feel free to chop them in larger pieces.
- DAIRY if you dont have any half and half on hand, you can easily substitute heavy cream, whole milk, or evaporated milk .
- BROTH for a non-vegetarian version, beef broth is my go-to, as it adds a hearty flavor to the soup.; Chicken broth would be great too.
- NO ONION AND GARLIC if you dont have any fresh onion or garlic, you can swap them out for about 1/4 tsp each of onion and garlic powder.
Also Check: How To Cook Tortilla Soup
Quick And Delicious Golden Cream Of Mushroom Soup With Creme Fraiche And Crispy Shallots
Cream of mushroom soup ranks #1 as my favorite. This recipe highlights the flavor of cremini mushroom, with a slight addition of sherry. For a garnish I added some crispy shallots and drizzled creme fraiche. This looks fancy, but can be on the table in 45 minutes!
Last week,; I impulsively bought large Portobello mushrooms,, and a package of pre-sliced cremini mushrooms.
Did you know that pre-sliced mushrooms cost the same as whole mushrooms? For the longest time, I; never noticed that. Now, Ill gladly skip doing the work, if I can! The only challenge with pre-sliced mushrooms is that you need to use them pretty quickly or theyll start to go south.
I created this soup by foraging through the vegetable pantry, and realizing Id better make use of these creminis before they expired.; Dinner was ready in less than 45 minutes, and I had to write down how I created this soup right away. If I do say so, myself this was an excellent soup!; Lets begin, shall we?
Ah, shallots! I love them. Shallots arent as overpowering as onion. I just think theyre a pretty color.So I sliced three smallish shallots. 1/3 of the shallots I cooked in a little olive oil until crispy, and then set them on a paper towel. Easy enough?
In a pot, I added a little olive oil and a small pat of unsalted butter and cooked the cremini mushrooms for a few minutes until slightly golden brown. I removed the cooked mushrooms into a bowl, and set it aside.
Campbells Mushroom Soup Pork Chop Recipes
Quick and easy, but very delicious. One of my family’s favorites served over brown rice.
Provided by mmcgee
|salt and pepper to taste|
|1 pinch garlic salt, or to taste|
|1 onion, chopped|
|½ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced|
|1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup|
- Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste.
- In a large skillet, brown the chops over medium-high heat. Add the onion and mushrooms, and saute for one minute. Pour cream of mushroom soup over chops. Cover skillet, and reduce temperature to medium-low. Simmer 20 to 30 minutes, or until chops are cooked through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories209.7 calories, Carbohydrate9.6 g, Cholesterol64.9 mg, Fat8.5 g, Fiber1 g, Protein23.6 g, SaturatedFat2.2 g, Sodium924.3 mg, Sugar3.2 g
Don’t Miss: Le Creuset Cast Iron Soup Pot
Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup
The Chunky Chef11/02/2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
No need to buy a can from the store, this Homemade Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup tastes SO much better than anything from a can, is easy to make, you can feel good about using it, and as a bonus, it can be frozen!
This is part of a series of recipes here on the site that Im calling Back to Basics.; In this series youll find recipes that are common building blocks for beginner cooks, as well as homemade versions of pantry/store-bought staples, such as hot sauce, pie crust, stabilized whipped cream, etc.; With easy to follow instructions, detailed notes, and step by step photos, youll be on your way to being a master in your kitchen in no time!;
CONDENSED CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPE
When I was growing up, casseroles were all the rage.; There was a casserole for every occasion and using just about every ingredient you could think of.
Food culture has shifted over the decades, but when I want some classic comfort food I tend to veer towards a casserole or hot dish!; While Ive shared a few of my favorites here on the site, I havent gone crazy because casseroles generally have an ingredient in them that can be quite controversial.
The condensed soup.; Also known as cream of soups.; To be honest I use them, but I always wonder how much preservatives are in there, and what those ingredients are that I cant even pronounce.
What Mushrooms To Use In Mushroom Soup
As far as mushrooms, feel free to use any of the following or a combination: button mushrooms, cremini mushrooms, portobello mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, or even wild mushrooms like chanterelles, porcini mushrooms or morels. Adding some dry mushrooms to the mix will add another layer of flavor but I would hydrating them first.
Read Also: Soup Diets For Quick Weight Loss
Easy Pork Chops With Cream Of Mushroom Soup
We love this pork chop recipe.
Provided by Becky Lemcke Thompson
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
|6 pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or as needed|
|1 can cream of mushroom soup|
|1 cup water|
|½ can french-fried onions, divided|
|½ cup sour cream|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F .
- Mix together flour, salt, and pepper in a rimmed plate. Dredge pork chops in flour mixture; shake off excess.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops and cook, turning halfway, until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Place chops in an 11×17-inch baking dish.
- Stir canned soup and water together in a small bowl until well blended. Pour over pork chops and sprinkle with 1/2 of the fried onions.
- Cover and bake in the preheated oven until bubbling, about 50 minutes. Stir in sour cream and top with remaining onions.
- Return to the oven and bake, uncovered, until sauce is hot, about 10 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories421 calories, Carbohydrate14.2 g, Cholesterol71.5 mg, Fat28.3 g, Fiber0.1 g, Protein25.4 g, SaturatedFat9.8 g, Sodium529.6 mg, Sugar0.8 g
What Happens If Campbell’s Mushroom Soup Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Read Also: French Onion Soup Bowls With Lids
Can You Substitute Cream Of Mushroom Soup For Golden Mushrooms In A Roast
Dr. John T. Dorrance invented the first condensed soups for Campbell’s in 1897. Since then, condensed soups have been used not just as soups, but also as foundations for casseroles and other main dishes. Cream of mushroom soup is a staple ingredient in many pot roast recipes, but you can easily substitute golden mushroom soup for a slightly different flavor and consistency.
Quick And Easy Gravy Made With Canned Mushroom Soup
GwennyOh has a wide range of interests and loves to read; it seems she knows a bit about virtually everything.
Gravy Made With Canned Mushroom Soup
This mushroom gravy recipe is great when you’re strapped for time and need a quick fix. But it’s also great for all of the other times when you just want a great-tasting gravy!
You can get rid of the small mushroom chunks by putting the soup in a blender and letting it blend for a minute or so. This also creates a smoother gravy. But of course, only if you feel the need to do so. Sometimes I do this; sometimes I don’t. You can blend out all of the chunks, some of them, or none at allthe choice is yours.
Follow Me On Instagram
If youve never tried Golden Mushroom Soup in recipes before, you dont know what youre missing. It is far superior to regular Cream of Mushroom soup in every way. The difference in taste in this recipe is astronomical. I know Golden Mushroom Soup is more expensive. But go out and buy a can for this recipe. Youll see the difference.
When I was a young mom, I had to come up with some easy dinner recipes to make. These meals also needed to be cheap! We had gone down to one salary, so frugality was necessary in everything from meals to clothes. I decided to try this option one time to see if the roast would make its own gravy. I was hooked from the first bite. I made this recipe often. Sometimes in the slow cooker, but more often than not, just on top of the stove. A few times I even baked it in the oven. Thats an old fashioned way my Mom used to make all of her roasts.
Ive used either one or two soup cans of water. It depends on how many veggies are needed to feed everyone. Using only one can provides a thicker, richer gravy, in my opinion. I made this entree for about 12 people. So I added the extra soup can of water so the veggies would cook thoroughly.
Golden Mushroom Soup Pot Roast is a terrific recipe to try. Especially if you want a relatively easy dinner to prepare. The steps are not really very difficult. And if I could make this as a horribly novice cook in my early 20s, so can you! Try this delicious stick-to-the-ribs meal today!
Heres what I did.
Special Equipment For This Recipe
The following links are affiliate links.
The Chunky Chef, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.; For more information regarding this program and what it means for you, please see my Privacy page.
- 12 wide skillet I love this pan, and love that its nice and wide, so the soup will thicken up quickly.
- Pint-sized Jars; I prefer these wide-mouth jars, as theyre easier to fill.
BE SURE TO SCROLL DOWN TO CHECK OUT OTHER READERS COMMENTS FOR TIPS AND REVIEWS.
AND DONT FORGET, IF YOUVE MADE THIS RECIPE, LEAVE A COMMENT AND PLEASE GIVE IT A STAR RATING LETTING ME KNOW HOW YOU ENJOYED IT!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!