Simple Creamy Chicken Risotto
Sometimes its the simple things that taste the best. Take our Creamy Chicken Risotto for example This main-dish risotto is chock full of chicken, carrots and green onion. Its creamy, delicious, and requires very little stirring.
What youll need
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 128g uncooked long grain white rice
How to Make Simple Creamy Chicken Risotto
Can You Make Chicken Pot Pie From Scratch
Can you make chicken pot pie from scratch? Of course! You can’t beat using the perfect roasted chicken with homemade crust and creamy gravy filling.
But, sometimes it’s okay to use soup in chicken pot pie.
When it comes to crunching time, throwing together the essential ingredients, even if they are store-bought, still has a very tasty outcome.
Have turkey leftovers? Try our Turkey Pot Pie recipe for a great way to use up all the big meal leftovers!
How To Freeze It
When I freeze my Chicken Pot Pie Soup straight out of the crock pot, I like to portion it out in to individual servings. This way its easy to grab one from the freezer to heat up for a quick lunch or dinner on a busy weeknight.
Store it in an airtight container and freeze for up to 6 months.
And if youre a meal prep pro like me, I like to bake the pie crust a few days ahead, crumble it up and store it in a zip top bag so it saves me an extra step right before meal time.
Read Also: Campbell Soup Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
How To Make It
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities, full instructions, and Crock Pot instructions.
Boil & Mash the Potatoes: Peel and rinse the potatoes. Cut them into 1-inch slices and submerge them in 2 inches of water. Gradually bring to a boil and add ¾ tsp salt. Cook until very fork tender. Drain, and mash with 2 Tablespoons of butter. Set aside.
Cook the Chicken: Season chicken with salt/pepper and sauté until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Soften the Onions/Garlic/Celery: Saute onions. celery, and garlic in butter until softened.
Add the flour and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute to remove the raw flour taste, stirring frequently.
Add the chicken broth slowly and incorporate it into the flour/vegetable mixture.
Add the half and half, cream of chicken soup, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, rosemary, parsley, onion powder, and garlic powder.
Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer. Add the potatoes and stir to combine. Use an immersion blender to combine or transfer to a blender in batches until smooth and creamy.
Add the chicken and frozen vegetables and heat for 10 minutes or until ready to serve. Serve with Buttermilk Biscuits or Cheddar Bay Biscuits!
How To Make Chicken Pot Pie Soup In Instant Pot
Saute veggies: Heat olive oil & butter in a skillet. As the oil shimmers & butter melts, add the chopped Onions, Celery, Garlic, Chopped Potatoes, Peas and Carrots.
Add cream cheese: Add flour to the sauteing veggies and cook until browned. Add the chopped cream cheese cubes and Chicken Broth. Cook until the cream cheese softened.
Add shredded chicken: Add poultry seasoning, bay leaf, fresh thyme, rosemary and chicken. Toss to combine. Cover with the lid and pressure cook for 5 min until cooked.
Remove the chicken breasts and shred using two forks. Transfer back to the pot and stir to combine
Serve: Remove the bay leaf and herbs. Serve in a bowl. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley on top.
Recommended Reading: Campbell’s Yes Chicken Noodle Soup
Variations To Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken pot pie is a classic comfort food. While most people dont want to change the classic tastes, there are times when changing it up works better.
- Use a different biscuit. If you dont have premade biscuit dough on hand, you can use a baking mix, like Bisquick to form the top crust.
- Change the meat. While this is a chicken pot pie, it is easy to turn it into a beef pot pie or turkey pot pie. When making turkey pot pie, you only need to change the meat. The cream of chicken soup works. When adding beef, you can leave the cream of chicken soup, or add beef gravy.
- Change the soup. Change the soup flavor to the cream of mushroom to give the sauce a different flavor.
You May Like: 8 Inch Pyrex Pie Plate
Options: Turkey Or Chicken Pot Pie
Easy Chicken Pot Pie with cream of chicken soup is always a family favorite, and it can SO incredibly easy with a few shortcut tips. Sometimes I even cheat a little to make it easier when I know that I will have very little time to prepare a good dinner.
On those nights, I use precooked, diced chicken, so I don’t even have to cut the chicken breasts into pieces. I still do the same step of heating it in the olive oil with the onion, garlic salt, and pepper, I just heat it a few minutes less since it is already cooked.
Or, I save a few dollars by using the leftovers from my Slow Cooker Whole Chicken recipe. That is a lot cheaper than buying pre-cooked chicken and it gives the pot pie an extra boost of flavor from the spices in that recipe!
This is also a great way to use up that leftover turkey from the holidays! Just substitute diced turkey for the chicken.
The rest of the recipe couldn’t be easier, just toss in a bag of frozen mixed veggies, a can of cream of chicken soup, some milk, pour the whole thing into a refrigerated pie crust, toss the second crust on top, and you are good to go!
Recommended Reading: Andersen Split Pea Soup Solvang Ca
Making Chicken Pot Pie Soup Ahead Of Time
Not only can the whole soup be made ahead of time, you can also prep most of the ingredients, which means this meal will come together very quickly.
- Chicken the chicken can be cut ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
- Onion and Celery veggies can be diced, then stored in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
- Flour the flour can be pre-measured and stored at room temperature until ready to cook.
- Seasoning all the seasonings can be pre-measured and stored at room temperature until ready to cook.
You May Like: Tomato Pie Delivery
Catch You On The Hearty Side
Made with Generous Hunks of Meat and Veggies
Campbells Chunky soups are hearty, ready-to-eat, and bursting with flavor from quality ingredients. Expect spoonfuls of big pieces in bold flavors. Our pop-top cans are easy-to-open and perfect for eating at home or wherever the big game takes you.
Microwavable Bowls are Perfect for Dorms & Offices
With Campbells Chunky Microwavable Bowls heat-and-eat soup, you can expect bold, big flavors in every bite. Packaged in a convenient microwavable bowl, just open and pop in the microwave when youre hungry and crunched for time.
Protein from Quality Ingredients
Campbells Chunky savory meat soups, hearty chowders, and chili with beans are crafted with protein. Warm up your favorite after a workout or just after work. Chunky soupâit fills you up right.
Don’t Miss: Pacific Spicy Black Bean And Kale Soup
Can I Add Or Replace Some Ingredients
Yes, you can definitely add or replace some ingredients in this recipe. If you want a thicker soup, you could add another can of cream of chicken soup.
For a more veggie-packed pot pie, feel free to add additional vegetables like carrots, peas, or corn. You could also use different types of cheese in the recipe, such as mozzarella or Swiss.
And if youre not a fan of chicken, you could replace it with turkey or beef. Just be sure to cook the meat until its fully cooked before adding it to the pot pie.
Also, you can serve this dish with a variety of items such as:
Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
You can obviously make this Chicken Pot Pie Soup in the slow cooker.
Simply saute the veggies with spices and flour and dump in the Crockpot along with broth, cream cheese, herbs and seasonings.
Add the Chicken breasts as well and cover cook on low for 8 hours.
After cooking, remove the chicken breasts, transfer them to a plate and shred using two forks
Now, simply transfer the shredded chicken to the Crockpot. Stir to combine. Cook for 30 more minutes on high and serve.
Making Chicken Pot Pie Soup in Crockpot is so easy. It will easily be one of your favorite crockpot soup recipes ever! Super hearty, comforting and a perfect dump and forget dinner for weeknight!
Creamy Pesto Chicken & Bow Ties
One of the great things about our soups is that they are always there when you need them. When times are tough and you need a cheap and easy meal, you can rely on Campbells. On-hand ingredients like cream of chicken soup, pasta and prepared pesto sauce combine with chicken to make a mouth-watering dinner thats on the table in 40 minutes.
What youll need
- 220 g farfalle pasta, cooked and drained
How to make it
What Should I Top Chicken Pot Pie Soup With
Chicken pot pie soup would just be fabulous creamy chicken soup if it wasnt for the topping! To elevate the soup to chicken pot pie soup, serve it with biscuits, oyster crackers or pie crust crackers. Pie crust crackers are exactly what the sound like, crackers made from pie crust! They definitely are the way to go for the complete pot pie experience, but the other options are tasty too because sometimes all you want to do is pop a can of biscuits and bake!
- Pie crust crackers: To make these easy crackers, you can you use this fabulous homemade pie crust recipeor just pick up some store bought pie crust. To make, roll the crust out onto parchment paper or non slip silicone mat. Lightly brush the pie crust with some melted butter and lightly sprinkle with some salt. Cut into thick strips. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the strips are golden brown and crispy. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature, then break into pieces. Now you have pie crust crackers!
- Homemade biscuits: Because nothing is better than homemade! Use your favorite recipe or try my homemade cheddar chive biscuits I made for my traditional pot pie filling.
- Store-bought biscuits: So easy! I used Pillsbury Grands in these photos and they were delish.
- Oyster crackers: Salty, crunchy crackers pack the perfect bite size bursts of flavor and texture in every spoonful.
Dont Miss: Tillamook Marionberry Pie Ice Cream Review
Recommended Reading: Weight Loss Soup Crock Pot
Variations Of This Recipe
- Chicken this soup works well with boneless skinless chicken thighs as well.
- Other protein if you have some leftover turkey or ham, those are great substitutions for the chicken.
- Potatoes we love the flavor and buttery texture of gold potatoes, but this soup will work well with russets or red potatoes as well. Just make sure you peel the russets, and either peel or wash the red potatoes very well.
- Alcohol-free even though the vast majority of any alcohol is cooked off in this recipe, if youd rather skip it all together, just omit the wine and replace it with an equal amount of more chicken broth.
- Dairy this soup can be made with a variety of other dairy options, such as evaporated milk, whole milk, half and half, and heavy cream. Just make sure you have 1 1/2 total cups of dairy.
- Topping I like using puff pastry or homemade biscuits, but you can top this soup however youd like. Oyster crackers, croutons, pieces of flaky pie crust, etc.
- Other cooking methods Ive included directions for making this soup in a slow cooker and Instant Pot down in the Chef Tips section below the recipe card.
Ingredients For Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- chicken breasts boneless, skinless chicken breast, or leftover rotisserie chicken works great!
- frozen mixed vegetables, onion and garlic frozen veggies work great here, the only chopping youll do is the onions and garlic.
- cream of chicken soup, milk, cheddar cheese perfect to make an easy creamy gravy for this pie.
- pie crust take a shortcut and use a pre-made pie crust.
- garlicsalt, pepper, olive oil for seasoning and to saute the vegetables.
You May Like: What Cream Of Mushroom Soup Is Gluten Free
Why Youll Love This Recipe
- Easy to Make: Homemade flavor made easy!
- Family Friendly: This comfort food meal is something the whole family loves.
- Great way to add veggies into a dish and even picky eaters want another slice.
Homemade Chicken Pot pie is the definition of comfort food. And it doesn’t have to be complicated to taste delicious.
A home cooked version is always better than the frozen version you get from the store! Making it easy, while not skimping on flavor is even better!
That is why I love this recipe. By using convenience items you have on hand or can easily grab at the grocery store – you can whip up a “made from scratch taste” chicken pot pie!
You don’t have to be in the kitchen all day cooking to put this delicious meal on the table!
Easiest Chicken Pot Pie Crust
Maybe you have been doing yard clean up all day and you’re looking for a cozy weekend meal to enjoy with a salad and glass of wine.
When the clock says 3 o’clock, and dinner plans are not finalized, a run to the grocery store is a must.
Quick tips for this easy recipe if you are pressed for time:
- Pick up a couple of fresh rotisserie chickens in the deli department. This is always my already cooked protein of choice, and I can use the leftover carcass to make a nice bone broth or soup.
- and a Pillsbury Pie Crust.
I know- you are probably going to ask Kelly, why don’t I make everything from scratch?! and I will say because your family is going to be hungry in an hour!
I can be a purist when it comes to pie crust, but when pressed for time, store-bought pie crust is the way to go.
Don’t Miss: Fast Food Places That Have Soup
Simple Baked Pot Pie Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.Place the biscuits on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for only 8 minutes and remove.Melt the butter over medium heat in a saucepan and add in the peas and carrot. Sauté until defrosted.In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, milk and salt and pepper to taste.Stir in the chicken and cooked veggies.Spread the mixture in a 9×13 baking dish.Place the biscuits on top of the mixture baked side down.Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.Cover with foil and bake for another 10 minutes.Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minute if the biscuits are not browned to your liking.
Quick and easy dinner that just about anyone can prepare. Chicken pot pie has always been a family favorite for generations. This recipe gets dinner on the table with little effort!
What To Serve With This Recipe
If you’re putting together this recipe, here’s what I suggest to serve with it!
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Mac and Cheese – Easy, cheesy, nutritious, and sure to please even picky eaters!
- Wasabi Mashed Potatoes – Creamy, hearty side dish with a flavorful zing!
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic – My kids happily ate these roasted Brussels sprouts with garlic, and then asked for seconds! Enough said!
Don’t Miss: Low Sodium Dry Soup Mix
Cheesy Chicken Potato Casserole
Campbells soups have been used in casseroles for decades. As a sauce, thickener and taste enhancer, it really cant be beaten. Our favourite chicken soup casserole comes from Liz & Chanelle at Eat Move Make. This casserole recipe has a bit of extra kick and is perfect for when you need something warming and homely.
What youll need
- 380g shredded cooked chicken
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
How to make Cheesy Chicken Potato Casserole