Campbells Chicken And Rice
Campbells chicken and rice is one of my go-to chicken casserole recipes for busy weeknights. It assembles in a handful of minutes with no fuss and ingredients straight from the pantry. Youll love how quickly and easily youll get dinner on the table with this recipe.
I adore chicken and rice recipes. Theyre comforting and wholesome and my entire family loves them! So, of course, I make them often and have quite a few versions to mix things up a bit!
This is the easiest one I make! Its a great recipe to add to your dinner rotation. One of the best parts of this recipe is a one-pan meal!
Like all good chicken recipes such as instant pot chicken and rice and chicken broccoli rice casserole, this is a versatile recipe. You can add your own twist on it by adding veggies or cheese to customize it for your family.
Lets make some dinner!
More About Campbell Soup Recipes With Rice
FromSee details »FromSee details »FromSee details »FromSee details »FromFromSee details »FromFromSee details »FromSee details »FromFromFromSee details »FromFromFromSee details »FromSee details »FromSee details »FromSee details »FromFromSee details »FromFromSee details »From
One Dish Chicken And Rice Bake
Chicken and rice paired with a creamy mushroom sauce bake together for a delicious one-dish meal thats easy to clean up.
Also Check: Loaded Baked Potato Soup Ingredients
More About Campbells Crock Pot Chicken And Rice Recipes
FromSee details »FromSee details »FromSee details »FromFromSee details »FromSee details »FromSee details »FromFromSee details »FromSee details »FromFromSee details »FromSee details »FromSee details »FromSee details »FromFromSee details »FromSee details »FromSee details »FromSee details »FromFromSee details »FromFromSee details »FromSee details »From
Homemade Chicken And Rice Soup
This soothing chicken and rice soup hits the spot on chilly days. It’s the
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings .
Number Of Ingredients 10
|4 bone-in chicken breast halves|
|1-1/2 teaspoons salt|
|1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules|
|3 medium carrots, chopped|
|1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice|
- In a Dutch oven, place water, chicken, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat cover and simmer until chicken is tender, 25-30 minutes., With a slotted spoon, remove chicken from broth. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones discard skin and bones. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Skim fat from broth add chicken and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat cover and simmer until vegetables and rice are tender, 25-30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 128 calories, Fat 1g fat , Cholesterol 51mg cholesterol, Sodium 543mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate , Protein 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
Read Also: Hello Fresh Italian Wedding Soup
Instant Pot Easy Chicken And Rice
Looking for a recipe for chicken and rice? Our Instant Pot® Easy Chicken and Rice makes comfort food easier than ever to prepare. All you need are a few ingredients that you probably have on hand plus our cream of chicken soup to bring the flavor. The Instant Pot® locks the flavor and moisture into this one-pot meal for an easy chicken dinner. For perfect results be sure to layer the ingredients as directed in the recipe.
Can You Put Raw Chicken In A Casserole
Yes, I have time and time again. The most important part is to check the internal meat temperature once it is done.
As long as it reaches the min. temp. in the thickest part then youre safe. It wasnt cooked in many of our other Crock pot chicken recipes here either.
Is it better to cook chicken on high or low in Crockpot?
I always recommend low and slow, no matter what protein youre using. You do want to ensure that the inside is done before the outside is overdone and dry.
How do I keep chicken from drying out in the Crockpot?
If theyre alone youd have to add broth. Personally I think it is best cubed and cooked with a sauce like our slow cooker chicken parmesan recipe. That one is amazing. Thick sauces bring flavor and tenderness to the table when cooked this way.
How do I choose what I am going to use? I am pickier with chicken than I am with beef. I personally think organic free range has a much better texture and far less fat so that is where I start.
From there, I see whether chicken breasts or thighs are cheaper per pound. Im frugal so I typically choose the cheaper version and there ya go..
Recommended Reading: Amy’s Organic Minestrone Soup
What Chicken To Use
Like many casserole recipes, this chicken and rice bake is an economical way to feed the family. You just need a small amount of meat for 4-6 servings. Just about any cooked chicken will work and to speed things up I like to use rotisserie chicken.
When I make my own chicken for this casserole I like to use boneless skinless chicken breasts and pound them thin. Season with salt and pepper, then saute for 5-6 minutes per side until they are cooked through. Remove the breasts and dice, then set aside.
This is probably the fastest way to cook the chicken and, depending on the pan you use, you can make the sauce right in the same pan, so it’s one less thing to clean.
How To Make Chicken And Rice Casserole
- Begin by making the sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Then saute the onion for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant. Then add the flour and cook, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned.
- Slowly add the broth and milk while whisking constantly and continue stirring for about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper and bring the mixture to a low simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- Add the cooked rice, broccoli, chicken , and cheese to the sauce and stir to combine. Then add the mixture to a 8 inch square baking dish and top with crumbled crackers.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until bubbly and lightly browned on top.
You May Like: Amy’s Reduced Sodium Soups
Baking Chicken Rice Casserole
Now cover it tightly with aluminum foil. You want it to hold in all the steam from the soups and broth so that the rice will get nice and soft, and fluffy. Place it in a 350 degree oven for one hour and 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 15- 20 minutes BEFORE removing foil. Once it is done the rice will be perfectly cooked and the soup mixture will be bubbling up in between the nooks and crannies of the chicken. Hooray! Its time to go grab that bowl!
This casserole is pure deliciousness!
Seriously delicious! Its creamy and flavorful. The chicken is tender and juicy. This is one of those simple yummy family dishes that is perfect after a long day at work or school. Its warm and inviting! Pure perfection! Its home in a casserole dish.
The house smells AMAZING when this is cooking! You will feel like Super Mom or Super Comfort Chef! The best things in life are the simple things! This is one of those simple things!
The great part of this dish? Besides how yummy and easy it is, are the leftovers!
If you are lucky enough to have any, which I will be surprised if you do, but if you do, the leftovers make for a wonderful lunch the next day.
There may be a little fighting that has been known to go on over the leftovers at this Nest with this particular casserole!
There you have it! One of my all-time favorite comfort foods! Chicken Rice Casserole.
Great Family Favorite Casserole Recipes
More About Recipe Chicken And Rice Soup
EASY CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP – IOWA GIRL EATS
FromUser Interaction CountServings
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and carrots, season with seasoned salt and pepper, then stir to combine. Cover the pot with a lid then saute until vegetables are very tender, 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic then saute without the lid on for 30 seconds.
- Turn heat up to high then add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add rice then stir to combine. Season chicken with seasoning salt and pepper then add to the broth and stir to combine. Turn heat down to medium then simmer uncovered until rice is tender, 15-20 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat then place a lid on top and let sit for 5 minutes. Taste then add more seasoned salt and/or pepper to taste, then ladle into bowls and serve.
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP – FAVORITE FAMILY
EASY CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP RECIPE
- Place a large pot over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme and bay leaf. Cook and stir for about 6 minutes, until the vegetables are softened but not browned.
- Pour in the chicken broth and water and bring the liquid to a boil. Add in the rice and chicken season with salt and pepper.
CHICKEN RICE SOUP –
CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP | RECIPETIN EATS
You May Like: Frozen Soup Bones For Dogs
Storage And Reheating Instructions
Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for 3 to 4 days. Reheat in a 325°F oven until warmed through, or in the microwave.
This casserole freezes really well too, so you can definitely make a double batch and freeze half. Freeze the unbaked casserole, without the cracker topping, for up to 3 months..
When ready to eat, thaw in the fridge overnight. Remove from the fridge about 30 minutes before baking then add the topping and bake as directed. You may need an extra 10 minutes or so of baking time.
Campbells Chicken And Rice Recipe Notes
- Food Handling: A reminder to handle raw chicken appropriately and disinfect hands and cooking utensils properly.
- Stirring in the soup: Using a fork or a whisk, I mix just the soup and water together first until the soup is diluted. Then, add the rice and the spices and stir them until theyre well distributed.
- The foil: make sure you have a tight seal with the foil. The chicken will put quite a bit of moisture into the mix as it cooks and adds delicious flavor, so make sure you get the foil back on tightly after adding the chicken. Use oven mitts to fold the foil around the hot pan.
- Spices: This old school chicken and rice casserole is not overly spiced. If you want to add a bit of heat, consider some crushed red pepper. A pinch of garlic, cumin, or rosemary are all good options as well.
Also Check: How To Make Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Using Brown Or Wild Rice
These varieties take longer to cook and requires more liquid than white long grain rice.
- Refer to the package for the required amount of liquid and cooking time and adjust the amount of chicken broth that you use per package instructions. You want 2 cups of cooked rice at the end.
- You can also cook the rice separately, consider adding a bouillon cube to the water to add some additional flavor.
Campbells Condensed Cream Of Chicken Soup
The key to the recipe is, of course, the Campbells soup. Remember the iconic paintings of Campbells soup cans by Andy Warhol? Yes, those are the ones! They look a bit like this:
Campbells Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup Can
Now, back in the good old days, Campbells used to be the best known and eaten brand of soup that I can remember. But now it does seem to be less easy to get hold of, and certainly, where we live, I, unfortunately, could not find any Campbells condensed cream of chicken soup anywhere, so I had to use a replacement.
Read Also: Soup Detox To Lose Weight
Chicken And Rice In The Slow Cooker
Make and share this Chicken and Rice in the Slow Cooker! recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Mrs.Smiles
Yield 1 Dinner for 2-4, minus veggie side dish, 2-4 serving
Number Of Ingredients 5
|2 cans cream of mushroom soup|
|2 cups milk|
|4 chicken breasts|
- Mix cream of mushroom soup, rice, and milk together in the slow cooker until well blended.
- Sprinkle an even coating of garlic salt over the top of the rice.
- Place 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast in the slow cooker. Completely immerse chicken in the rice mixture.
- Cook on low 8-9 hours if cooking with frozen chicken. If chicken is thawed, cook on low 6-8 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1592.7, Fat 54.3, SaturatedFat 17.6, Cholesterol 219.8, Sodium 2236.7, Carbohydrate 182.5, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 4.3, Protein 85.9
How To Make Easy Chicken Rice Casserole
You will need to have on hand 3 4 cups of shredded chicken.
TIP:You can make this chicken rice casserole easily and use a store-bought Rotisserie chicken and just pick the meat off the bones. That is perfectly fine. You can also boil a whole chicken, bone it, and freeze all that wonderful chicken broth for your holiday stuffing! Which ever you prefer. No judgement here folks! We do what works best for us and our families!
To make this super-duper easy you are going to mix it all together in the same pan its going to cook in. You can mix it in a separate bowl if you like. I just dont like doing more dishes than I have to.
Read Also: Is Broccoli Cheese Soup Keto
Easy Steps To Making Chicken Rice Casserole
In a 9 x 13 casserole dish pour 1 and 1/4 cup of long grain white rice.
Add one can each of Cream of Chicken Soup, Cream of Mushroom Soup, and Cream of Celery Soup.
TIP:If you boiled your chicken, you can add one cup of chicken broth. If you didnt, thats okay, just add one cup of water.
Grab your handy wire whisk and carefully, so as not to splash all that icky soup water on you, mix that all together really well. You can use a spoon but, it wont work nearly as well. You want a nice creamy mixture.
Once its all blended it should look like this.
Add the shredded chicken!
You are going to place it all over the top of the soup/rice mixture. I love mine loaded with chicken.
TIP: I usually cook up a Costco whole raw chicken. They are so big! I can get two separate dishes out of one chicken. You can use half now and bag the other half and freeze it for later. It makes life easier the next time you need chicken for another dish.
The last step, before we pop it into the oven, is to sprinkle it with paprika for a little color.
Right now its kind of a homely plain Jane comfort food dish. We need to kick it up just a little bit. Paprika will do the trick!
Tips And Tricks For Making Chicken & Rice Casserole
- This can be a really affordable meal for your family as you can skip the chicken breasts and use cheaper cuts like chicken thighs and legs if you want. I find that chicken thighs cook up the best in this recipe as chicken breasts can dry out.
- If you use chicken breasts, make sure that you cover them with sauce and rice if you can to keep them from drying out.
- Use only the rice I specify, wild or brown rice will take too long and it wont cook on time.
- Skin on or skin off chicken is another choice that is up to you. The chicken skin doesnt crisp up so if you dont like the texture of soft chicken skin, then remove the skin and cook skinless.
- IF you want to keep the skin on and make it crispy simply place the chicken on top of the rice and soup mixture. It will crisp up more!
This chicken and rice casserole definitely hearkens from the days of canned soup mania and it has stayed popular to this day. If you are wanting the really retro taste, then you have to sprinkle crushed saltines or Ritz crackers on top at the end with the cheese. I love it that way!
Recommended Reading: Le Creuset Cast Iron Soup Pot
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free French Onion Soup Canned
Creamy Chicken And Wild Rice Casserole
Looking for a delicious recipe for dinner tonight? Then check out this easy-to-bake creamy chicken, veggies and wild rice casserole.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
|2/3 cup uncooked wild rice|
|1 2/3 cups water|
|1 medium stalk celery, chopped|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|1 small red or green bell pepper, chopped|
|1 cup sliced mushrooms|
|1 can condensed cream of chicken soup|
|3/4 cup milk|
|1 cup cut-up cooked chicken|
|3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves|
|1/8 teaspoon pepper|
|1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained|
- Cook wild rice in 1 2/3 cups water as directed on package, drain if necessary.
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 2-quart saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons water to boiling. Cook celery, onion, bell pepper and mushrooms in water, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender remove from heat.
- Stir in soup and milk. Stir in cooked wild rice and remaining ingredients. Spoon into ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- Cover bake 30 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories320, Carbohydrate42 g, Cholesterol40 mg, Fat1/2, Fiber4 g, Protein19 g, SaturatedFat3 g, ServingSize1 Serving, Sodium620 mg, Sugar5 g, TransFat0 g