More About Lipton Beefy Onion Recipes
THAT OLD LIPTON ONION SOUP POT ROAST RECIPE – FRUGAL HAUSFRAU
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned on all sides. Place beef in slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with Onion Soup Mix. Tuck the potatoes in around the roast. Add the carrots and celery. Pour about 2 cups of water into the skillet the beef was browned in and scrape up any brown bits from the pan. Pour into the crockpot. Add additional water to reach halfway up the roast. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high 4 to 5 hours.
BROWSE OUR RECIPES | LIPTON®
10 BEST LIPTON BEEFY ONION SOUP MIX RECIPES | YUMMLY
LIPTON ONION SOUP MEATLOAF
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan with butter or line with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well. Its best to use your hands to mush and mix until they are well combined.
LIPTON ONION SOUP BURGER RECIPE – INSANELY GOOD
- In a large bowl, very gently stir together ground beef and mayonnaise mixture. Form the mixture into 8 patties. Press your thumb into the center of each patty to form an indentation. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Grill the patties on high heat. Let the patties cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, flipping only once. Let patties rest for 10 minutes.
Lipton French Onion Soup Mix Recipes
Lipton recipe secrets onion soup dip lipton recipe secrets beefy onion soup details lipton onion soup mix recipe for pot lipton onion soup meatloaf recipe
That old lipton onion soup pot roast recipe frugal hausfrau crockpot french onion en family fresh meals french onion soup mix recipe wellness mama 10 best lipton dry onion soup mix recipes yummly have a summer spree with lipton onion soup mix 1966 americana
Ingredients For Copycat Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Most Lipton onion soup mix recipes are not vegan because they use beef bouillon. But, not this one. All you have to do is whip up a batch of my Vegetable Bouillon Powder and youre good to go. And, dont leave it out. Its the most important element of this recipe.
And, dont sub the vegetable bouillon with a store-bought brand. They usually contain oil, fillers, and are high in sodium. Once you have the bouillon made you only need a few more ingredients. Heres what you need.
- Dried Onion Flakes
- Celery Seed
- Black Pepper
Salt is optional because its already in the vegetable bouillon. So, I would make the dry onion soup mix and then season with salt as needed.
You May Like: French Onion Soup Bowls With Lids
How Do You Make French Onion Dip From Scratch
As I told you at the beginning of this article, onion dip has always been a weakness of mine. But rather than making an onion dip containing a lot of extra unhealthy ingredients, now this homemade french onion dip is here for everyone to enjoy.;
Its a very easy recipe consisting of mainly 2 steps.;
Step 1: Put the sour cream into a bowl.;
Step 2: Add 3-4 tbsp of homemade onion soup mix.
Step 3: Mix!;
See super easy. But please check out our exact recipe for Homemade Onion Dip to see what else you can do with your dip.;
Copycat Lipton Onion Soup Mix Recipe
This homemade dry onion soup mix recipe is so easy to make and taste just like Lipton Onion Soup Mix.Made with basic pantry staple spices, its perfect for making classic onion dip and seasoning many other recipes.
Who doesnt love Lipton Onion Soup Mix? Especially, during the holidays. Its in every bowl of gravy, casserole, and the best dish of all classic french onion dip. That stuff is like crack. However, this tiny packet of seasoning is also loaded with fillers, preservatives, and tons of sodium. So, no Bueno.
But, you can make your own homemade dry onion soup mix thats much healthier. Its perfect for adding flavor to veggie burgers, roasted red potatoes, and making that coveted onion dip that everyone loves. This is not just one more copycat recipe its better! Dont let your pantry be caught without it. Ready? Lets make it!
You May Like: Beefy Lipton Onion Soup Mix
How To Make Lipton Onion Soup Meatloaf
With just 6 ingredients, you can whip up this family favorite any day of the week!
2poundslean ground beef
1packetdry onion soup mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 13 x 9 baking pan or roasting pan with foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ketchup, water, and soup mix. Mix until combined.
- Add the breadcrumbs and ground beef. Mix well.
- Form into a loaf and place meatloaf into the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes. Then serve and enjoy!
Did you like the recipe?
Other Spices And Seasonings Recipes
Ive really gotten into making my own homemade seasonings lately. I find that its so much cheaper in the long run than buying these tiny little containers of mixed spices. Youre making a larger quantity that will take you longer to use up.
Plus I like the fact that I know exactly whats going in my seasoning, there are no hidden ingredients that you need to question.;
Here are some good homemade seasonings Ive been making:
- Italian Seasoning
You May Like: Blender That Makes Hot Soup And Ice Cream
Is Onion Soup Mix Low Carb/keto
You can use onion soup mix when cooking if you are on a low carb or Keto diet, just make sure not to go overboard and use too much.
It has 3.4 NET Carbs per tablespoon to be exact. But dont be too alarmed because when you add it to your recipes you are probably only going to add a few tablespoons. And then when you divide that up in your whole recipe you really arent adding in many extra net carbs.;
That Old Lipton Onion Soup Pot Roast Recipe
- Total Time:varies by method
- Yield:6 to 8 servings 1x
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat the oil in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned on all sides. Sprinkle with Onion Soup Mix. Tuck the potatoes in around the roast, turning to coat with oil. Add the carrots and celery. Pour enough water in to reach halfway up the side of the roast. Cover tightly and place in oven. Braise for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, until fork-tender, checking the liquid level about 3/4s of the way through.
Remove beef & vegetables to a platter and cover to keep warm. Pour the juices from the skillet into a large measuring cup. Allow fat to settle on the top and skim off, adding about two tablespoons back to the skillet. Place skillet on a burner and heat to medium-high. Sprinkle flour over the fat and cook, stirring often, until the mixture starts to appear dry, about two minutes. Top off the drippings in the measuring cup with beef broth for a total of two cups, and a splash of wine, if desired. Whisking vigorously, pour the drippings into the pan. Bring to a simmer and cook until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, leaving a distinct line when a finger is run through. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Slow cooker instructions:
Keywords: Bargain Meal of the Week, Beef, Carrots, Chuck Roast, lipton’s onion soup mix, Pot Roast, Potatoes, Slow Cooker.
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Tomato Soup Walmart
Easy Lipton Onion Oven Roasted Potatoes
Make and share this Easy Lipton Onion Oven Roasted Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
Provided by AmyZoe
|2 ounces Lipton Onion Soup Mix|
|3 -4 tablespoons olive oil|
|black pepper, to taste|
- Wash potatoes and cut into 1 inch pieces, leaving the skin on.
- Add the potatoes, soup mixes, and olive oil to a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and arrange potatoes in a single layer.
- Use two pans if you need to keep from crowding.
- Top potatoes with any oil/soup mix left in the bowl. Season with black pepper and garlic to taste.
- Bake at 425 for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden and crispy, flipping once halfway through cooking.
- Serve with sour cream and chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories251.4, Fat7, SaturatedFat1, Sodium771.8, Carbohydrate43.4, Fiber5.3, Sugar2.1, Protein5
Homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix
Growing up, my mom always had Lipton Onion Soup Mix in her pantry.
This dried blend of seasonings was just what a variety of recipes called for to enhance flavor.
I use Dry Onion Soup Mix in my own kitchen now. But instead of Lipton Onion Soup Mix, I make my own.
Making Homemade Onion Soup Mix perfect for anyone who has dietary restrictions, but still wants the flavor punch that a packet of dried onion soup packs!
You May Like: Where Can I Get Soup Delivered
Add In Meat And Shake The Bag To Coat Meat With The Seasonings
1 envelope lipton onion soup mix;. Here’s a simple recipe for some good ole homemade beef stew made with your favorite. Add tomatoes, mushrooms and lipton® recipe secrets® beefy onion soup mix combined with wine. Add in the beef broth, onion soup mix, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar and unami seasoning . Place meat in slow cooker and set to low. Moores marinade, lipton onion soup mix, and water. Place chopped onions, potatoes and carrots all round meat. Add tomato paste and stir into onion. · top meat evenly with diced;. Beef tips recipe browned stew meat and onions simmered in soy sauce and worcestershire;. In a large plastic bag, combine the dry onion soup mix and paprika. Add in meat and shake the bag to coat meat with the seasonings. Used 1 pkg beef gravy, i pkg lipton onion soup mix,.
Seasonings needed for the best beef stew. Ingredients · 1 1/2 lb beef tips or cubed beef stew meat · 1 package of dry onion soup mix · 1 can of cream of mushroom soup · 1 can of beef broth;. Here’s a simple recipe for some good ole homemade beef stew made with your favorite. Used 1 pkg beef gravy, i pkg lipton onion soup mix,. Add tomato paste and stir into onion.
Different Variations On Dry Onion Soup Mix
Obviously, you cant have onion soup mix without dried onion flakes and onion powder. And beef bouillon is going to a very important ingredient as well. But you can add a few other ingredients to my recipe as well.;
Salt is something that can be added.
Another ingredient that some like to add is ground celery seed. If you chose to add some celery seed you only need a small amount, maybe only about ½ tsp.;
Also Check: Soup Diets For Quick Weight Loss
Tips & Tricks For Making The Best Meatloaf
- Want to make meatloaf sandwiches? Just place a slice of leftover meatloaf in between your choice of bread. Top it with mayo, onions, pickles, and all your favorite toppings. Delicious.
- Apart from onion soup mix, you could also try other soup mixes to flavor the beef. Onion and mushroom soup mix, herb with garlic soup mix, and beefy onion soup mix all make fantastic alternatives!
- Want to try this in a slow cooker? Go ahead! Cover the meatloaf in a piece of cheesecloth, place it on a rack, then into the slow cooker it goes. This technique will hold the meatloaf together as you take it in and out of the slow cooker. Cook the meatloaf on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.;
- Want to cut back on calories? Use ground turkey instead of beef, egg beater in place of the eggs, and homemade whole wheat breadcrumbs instead of white breadcrumbs.;
- Add some chopped parsley to the recipe to give your meatloaf more flavor and color.
- Give your meatloaf some extra flavor by seasoning it with Italian spices and Parmesan cheese. Yum!;
- Instead of ketchup, you can also use your favorite spaghetti sauce instead. Top the meatloaf with additional spaghetti sauce as it bakes for an incredibly moist, irresistible loaf.
- Cheddar cheese can take your meatloaf to a whole new level. Add it to your beef mixture and taste the difference.
- Want to cut back on the grease? Place a few pieces of bread underneath the meatloaf and it will soak up the grease as it bakes.;
Is Onion Soup Mix Gluten Free
One of the questions I get most often is how someone can tailor a recipe to fit their dietary needs. And I’m not gonna lie y’all, I really don’t like to go there. There are just too many factors in health-specific diets that there is no possible way I can be an expert in them all, and let’s be real, I’m just a cook – not a doctor or a certified nutritionist. Many store-bought onion soup mixes are not gluten free. But this recipe is!
Recommended Reading: Lipton Herb And Garlic Soup Mix
Lipton Onion Soup Burger Recipe
Looking for a fool-proof way to flavor your burgers? This Lipton Onion Soup burger recipe is the answer.
There are hundreds of ways to season burgers. Some stick to just salt and pepper, while some add other flavors, such as Worcestershire sauce and mustard.;
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
But the thing is, you wont find out if youve seasoned your burgers perfectly until after youve cooked them. If your burgers are too salty, theres no way to fix them!
Thats where Lipton Onion Soup comes in. With this nifty little packet, theres no need to worry about under- or over-seasoning. Youll get perfectly flavored burgers every time.;
So what are you waiting for? Put on your apron and fire up the grill, its time to make burgers!
What Is Lipton Onion Soup Mix Made Of
The box mix that you buy in the store has sugar and corn starch, wheat, artificial coloring, and corn syrupand a bunch of other ingredients that I cant even pronounce, all ingredients that you shouldnt eat if you are trying to eat a much healthier lifestyle.;
Instead, you can make this very easy mixture that does not have all of those unnecessary ingredients, plus it costs less money to make your own.;
Also Check: How To Make Onion Dip With Soup Mix
Lipton Fast N Easy Chili Recipe
Provided by Bonne1
|1 1/2 pounds ground beef|
|1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Beefy Onion Soup Mix|
|1 can red kidney or black beans, drained|
|1 1/2 cups water|
|1 can tomato sauce|
|4 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste*|
- In 12-inch skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked rice. *Variation: Add chili powder at your own risk! Tip: Make this in your slow cooker by browning the meat and combining with remaining ingredients, cover and cook on low 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
Tips For Making Burgers
Dont overwork the patties. This is the most important thing to keep in mind when making burgers.
Mixing breaks down the proteins in the beef, pushing the juices out of the meat. The more you handle the beef, the drier the meat gets!;
The warmer your hands, the faster the proteins will break down. Wash your hands before working the beef so they stay cold.
The best meat for burgers is ground chuck steak. For the juiciest burgers, youll want the ratio to be 80-85% lean, 15-20% fat.;
Be as careful as possible when forming the patties. This will ensure juicy burgers. Again, you dont want to overmix or mash the beef!;
Form an indent at the center of the patty using your thumb. This will prevent the burgers from puffing up.
As the patties cook, the heat pushes the juice towards the center, causing the burger to bloat. But if they have a dent in the middle, the burgers will be flat when cooked.
Chill the patties for 10 minutes before cooking. This will seal all the beefs juices in!;
Grill on high heat. This will give the patties that nice, crusty, seared surface.;
Do not touch the patties once theyre on the grill. Dont press them with a spatula and dont flip them over and over. Just let them sit there, covered.
Otherwise, again, they will be tough and dry.;
To check for doneness, gently press the surface. A medium-rare burger will be slightly springy. But for more accuracy, you can use a meat thermometer to test. Heres a simple guide:
|Well Done||160 to 165 degrees|
Don’t Miss: Is She Crab Soup Keto Friendly
What Are The Ingredients In Lipton’s Onion Soup Mix
The ingredients in Lipton’s onion soup mix include onions, salt, cornstarch, onion powder and salt. Some of the other main ingredients are autolyzed yeast extract, caramel color, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, monosodium glutmate and corn syrup. The mix also contains disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate and sulfur dioxide.
Lipton also carries beefy onion, onion mushroom and golden onion soup mixes, all of which have varying ingredients. For instance, beefy onion soup mix has wheat flour while onion and mushroom soup contains mushrooms.
Lipton onion soup mix can be used to make a variety of dishes ranging from soups and dips and can also serve as a primary ingredient in beef pot roast. To make beef pot roast, combine a pot roast and 2 envelopes of Lipton onion soup mix in a slow cooker. Top with baby carrots, new potatoes and 2 cups of water, and cook at low heat for up to 10 hours.
To make rather than purchase onion soup mix, combine 3 tablespoons of dried minced onion, 1 teaspoon of onion powder, 1/8 teaspoon of celery seeds, 1/4 teaspoon of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of celery flakes in a container. Add 4 teaspoons of beef bouillon granules, and season with freshly ground black pepper. Use the mix in place of 1 envelope of Lipton’s onion soup mix.