How To Make Taco Soup In The Crockpot
STEP 1:Heat a pan to medium heat and add olive oil. Once hot, add the meat and the onions. Cook until meat is browned. Drain.
STEP 2: Add meat and onions to the slow cooker. Add corn, beans, Rotel, diced tomatoes, ranch seasoning, and taco seasoning. Add beef broth and stir.
STEP 3: Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 4 hours.
How To Make Taco Soup
- Cook ground beef in a large pot along with chopped onion, crumbling and stirring occasionally until browned and adding jalapeno and garlic during last few minutes of browning. Drain excess fat .
- Stir in tomatoes with chiles, beef broth, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, ranch dressing mix and season with salt and pepper to tastes.
- Cover pot with lid and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in corn, black beans and pinto beans and cook until heated through.
- Add 1/2 cup water to thin soup if desired. If using cilantro and lime add it now.
- Serve warm topped with desired toppings.
How To Make Easy Taco Soup
Are you ready for the instructions?
Dump all the ingredients in a pot. Dont even drain your cans, just dump it all.
Add a cup and a half of water and stir.
Bring it to a boil then lower the heat and simmer for fifteen minutes. Serve!
I like to eat mine with sour cream and cheese.You can use your favorite add-ins or just eat it on its own.This soup is delicious!!!
How To Make Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
Put everything in the crockpot in order no need to stir! The beans do not need to be drained, just dump them in! The only can that needs to be drained is the can of corn!
Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Take chicken out and shred with 2 forks it should fall apart very easily! Put the chicken back in and stir well.
Serve immediately. You can add shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chip strips, chopped avocado, etc. as preferred.
Other Easy Soup Recipes Youll Love:
- 1 1/4lbslean ground beef
- 1medium yellow onion chopped
- 1jalapeno,seeded and finely chopped *
- 2 cansdiced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 canlow-sodium beef broth
- 1 cantomato sauce
- 1Tbspchili powder**
- 3/4tspground paprika
- 1/4tspdried oregano
- 1 1/2Tbspdry ranch dressing mix, or 1/3 cup chopped cilantro and 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2cupsfrozen corn
- 1 canblack beans,drained and rinsed
- 1 cancan pinto beans,drained and rinsed
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese,chopped green or red onions, diced avocados and corn tortilla strips/chips
You May Like: Healthiest Campbell’s Soup
The Ingredients For Taco Soup:
serves 8 to 10 as a full meal, but can get stretched to feed 16 or so if served over rice or chips
- 1 pound browned ground turkey or hamburger
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cans of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans of corn
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomatoes and chiles
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- shredded cheese and sour cream for embellishment
What Goes With Taco Soup
- Try my delicious recipe for Mexican Rice to serve alongside big bowls of soup.
- Chopped cilantro to scatter on top, or chopped green onion and hot sauce.
- Slices of ripe avocado, to make things super healthy.
- Instead of corn chips, serve grilled flour tortillas on the side, or Frito chips.
Just promise me youll have fun with it!
Read Also: Sloppy Joes With Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Ladle It Over Your Favorite Tortilla Chips And Mexican Cheese
This taco soup is made with ground beef, onion, pinto beans, kernel corn, tomatoes, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing. Many of these recipes can be made in a slow cooker, perfect for busy cooks. Ground beef is simmered with taco seasoning along with a variety of beans and vegetables. Yet another of my mother’s recipes i enjoyed as a kid! This is a tasty and flavorful soup that is easy. Here’s a look at some of the pioneer woman’s soup recipes. If you believe this recipe will make too much for one meal, you’ll be happy to hear. All our most trusted soup recipes in one place. Get chicken soup, tomato soup, vegetable soup, and more women’s health may earn commission from the links on this page, but we only feature products we believe in. Unfortunately, far too many of us still turn our noses up at the concoction. This quick and easy taco soup is packed with black beans, corn, and salsa. The spruce / diana chistruga this fabulous crockpot taco soup is loaded with flavor and great in. The pioneer woman star’s fish stick tacos also include a flavorful. It’s really easy, cheap and d. Ground turkey is a tasty alternative to the typical ground beef in other taco soups.
Taco Soup Recipe Variations
You can easily swap out ingredients for what you have on hand or taste preference.
- Corn for Hominy for Taco Soup with Hominy.
- Omit corn and substitute in another can of beans
- If you dont like a certain bean omit that can of bean and use 2 cans of your favorite beans.
- Ground Beef for Ground Turkey Breast.
Don’t Miss: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
How Do You Make Taco Soup With Ranch Dressing Mix
Truly, in my opinion, ranch seasoning is the secret ingredient in this soup, which makes the soup more taco than chili. Go ahead, try it, even if youre not a ranch dressing fan. I promise you youll like it.
How To Make Taco Soup In The Instant Pot
STEP 1: Set the instant pot to Saute and add olive oil.
STEP 2: Once hot, add the ground beef and onions, cook until meat is browned.
STEP 3: Turn off the instant pot and drain meat.
STEP 4: Put the meat back into the instant pot.
STEP 5: Add corn, beans, Rotel, diced tomatoes, ranch seasoning, and taco seasoning.
STEP 6: Add beef broth and stir.
STEP 7: Place the lid on and set the valve to Sealed.
STEP 8: Press the Soup button and set the timer for 20 minutes.
STEP 9: Once the soup is done, turn the valve to Quick Release.
You May Like: Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole Campbells
Slow Cooker And Instant Pot Version
Utilize your slow cooker or instant pot to make this delicious taco soup recipe a breeze.
SLOW COOKER- simply brown the beef and onion in a skillet, then drain any fat. Add the beef and onion to the slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients, stir and set to LOW for 4 to 5 hours.
INSTANT POT use the sauté mode to brown the beef and onion, drain any fat and then add the remaining ingredients, stir and cover with lid. Set to HIGH pressure for 10 minutes followed by a quick release of pressure.
Cooking In An Outdoor Dutch Oven
For this taco soup recipe, I use a 12 CampMaid cast iron Dutch Oven with a 6 quart capacity. The full recipe makes 12 pints or 24 cups, so it can easily feed two families or a small group of hungry campers. Another great Dutch oven is this Egg Roll in a Bowl.
SPECIAL As an affiliate with CampMaid, I can offer you a special discount code that will save 20% on your CampMaid Dutch Oven system. Visit www.campmaid.com and use code NICKY to save 20%.
Youll be cooking this soup over medium heat. So Ill use 25 charcoal briquettes 17 on the bottom and 8 on top. Most recipes call for the briquettes to have more on top than on the bottom, but with stews I like this configuration. Cook time will be about 40 minutes, but can vary depending on weather conditions.
You May Like: Hamburger With Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Taco Soup With Ranch Dressing
Taco Soup with Ranch Dressing is about the easiest soup you can make. Ground Beef, 5 cans of beans and vegetables and a flavorful tomato broth. Youve got the easiest soup recipe ever. And its flat out delicious. Be ready to share the recipe because theyll ask.
This past week, I needed a dinner that would be ready in a jif, and I mean a New York minute jif. And if I couldnt come up with something that was quick, I knew Id find myself at our local Oriental takeout place $40 plus lighter. Enter Easy Taco Soup.
Working late, God Daughter Stephanie scheduled for dinner, Monday night Footaball kickoff at 6:30.Good ol Easy Taco Soup to the rescue.
Recipe Variations And Tips For Taco Soup:
- Swap out the ground beef for ground chicken, turkey or pork
- Use pinto beans rather than kidney beans
- Add in a packet of dry ranch dressing to spice it up
- Mix in a small can of diced green chilies for some extra heat
Now I get to pass this recipe on to you. Print it out and share it with a friend, just like my friend did with me, so many years ago!
Read Also: Smoky Poblano Soup
Easy Taco Soup Recipe
The best recipes are those that can be made ANYWHERE! This easy taco soup recipe with ranch dressing is one of our favorite go-tos because it can be made at the campsite or at home in a Dutch oven.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. Purchase through our affiliate links and we receive a small commission without any extra expense to you!
What Is Textured Vegetable Protein
Textured Vegetable Protein is a dried soy product that looks like bulgur wheat, except the individual protein grains of TVP have a more ragged and crunchy appearance . TVP is convenient because you can keep it in the cupboard and bring it out when needed. You dont have to refrigerate it or defrost it before using. TVP can be rehydrated easily with water or your favorite broth, generally in a 1:1 ratio: 1 cup of TVP to 1 cup of liquid.
TVP and Bulgur Wheat look similar, but TVP has a crunchier texture and more jagged appearance.
You May Like: Campbell’s Tomato Soup Sloppy Joe Recipe
Pioneer Woman Taco Soup Recipe / Download Recipe Videos
Taco ingredients such as browned ground beef, onion, corn, kidney beans and a package of seasoning mix are combined in this soup which may be garnished with grated cheese pioneer woman taco soup recipe . This quick and easy taco soup is packed with black beans, corn, and salsa. This is a tasty and flavorful soup that is easy. And almost nothing is simpler than cabbage soup.
pioneer woman taco soup from 1.bp.blogspot.com
Yet another of my mother’s recipes i enjoyed as a kid! This quick and easy soup needs only 30 minutes to simmer. This quick and easy taco soup is packed with black beans, corn, and salsa. Get chicken soup, tomato soup, vegetable soup, and more women’s health may earn commission from the links on this page, but we only feature products we believe in. This taco soup is made with ground beef, onion, pinto beans, kernel corn, tomatoes, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing. All our most trusted soup recipes in one place. If you believe this recipe will make too much for one meal, you’ll be happy to hear. If you’re craving a summer soup, ree drummond has you covered.
Other Fun Variations On The Taco Soup Theme:
You dont always have to make taco soup with beef! You dont even need to add beans if thats not your thing. Read on to get some inspiration for making the best taco soup ever.
- Vegetarian Taco Soup: Skip the meat and add extra beans, extra tomatoes, and the vegetable protein of your choice.
- Taco Soup with chicken: If you have some cooked shredded chicken or grilled chicken breasts, its a snap to cube the chicken up and add it to the soup at the last minute.
- Taco Soup with ground turkey: Of course! Ground turkey or ground chicken, all of it works in this versatile recipe.
- Taco soup with black beans: if you want to make this taco soup recipe with black beans, or pintos, or vaquero beans, that is entirely up to you.
- Taco soup without corn: If corn is something youd rather do without, then leave it out and add more chiles or tomatoes. No big deal.
- Taco soup without beans: Good for your heart, but, well leave them out if youd rather. Add more peppers, tomatoes, or meat.
Read Also: Annie’s Organic Chicken Noodle Soup
How To Make Taco Soup With Ranch
In your soup pot cook the ground beef and chopped onion until no longer pink. Drain the ground beef and return to the pot. Stir in the tacos seasoning until well blended.
Next, add the remaining ingredients and stir them together. Bring soup to a boil and then reduce heat and bring the taco soup to a simmer.
Simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
Serve with the garnishes listed below.
How To Make Taco Soup On The Stove Top
Simply brown some ground beef with a little onion, drain any fat and then add some taco seasoning and all the canned goods!
DO YOU DRAIN THE CANS? For this recipe we are going to use the liquid from the beans and corn to help make up the soup consistency. So no need to drain!
*If you prefer to drain the beans and corn, make sure to add in at least 2 cups of beef broth to the soup.
Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes and VOILA! Youre done!
Recommended Reading: Lipton Soup Pot Roast Recipe
Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup Ingredients
Chicken breasts You will need 3 chicken breasts. I use frozen breasts and put them right in the crockpot that way, but you can definitely use fresh chicken breasts as well.
Ranch dressing mix One packet of ranch dressing mix. Adds so much flavor to the soup!
Taco seasoning mix One packet of taco seasoning adds the right amount of taco flavor to this delicious soup.
Onion Youll need to dice up one onion to add to the soup. I always cheat with onions and keep frozen chopped onions in my freezer so that I never have to chop them myself! If you use pre-chopped diced onions, you will need to add about 1-2 cups.
Rotel tomatoes Rotel tomatoes are canned tomatoes that are already mixed with green chiles. You will need a 10 ounce can for this recipe.
Beans You will need 1 can each of black beans, white beans and kidney beans. All 15.5 ounce cans and dont drain them before adding to the recipe.
Corn The recipe calls for one can of corn. Make sure to drain it first!
How Much Tvp Is Equal To A Pound Of Ground Beef
For recipes that call for 1 pound of ground beef, the equivalent amount of dried Textured Vegetable Protein would be 1 cup. Once the TVP is rehydrated with an equal amount of liquid , the grains swell and increase in volume.
- 1 cup dry Textured Vegetable Protein
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15-ounce can red beans or pinto beans, drained and rinsed thoroughly with cold water
- 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed thoroughly with cold water
- 28-ounce can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1½ cups water
Recommended Reading: Does Lipton Onion Soup Mix Go Bad
How To Make 8 Cans Taco Soup
- 1In a large kettle or Dutch oven, add the ground beef and onion. Cook the ground beef till it browns, and the onion is tender. Drain off any excess grease.
- 2Add the cooked beef back to kettle, then sprinkle the packets of taco seasoning mix and ranch dressing mix, over the meat. Stir well to incorporate the seasonings into the meat.
- 3Add the beef broth and canned tomatoes.
- 4Add remaining ingredients into the kettle stir, and simmer the soup for about an hour. Stir the soup occasionally while it’s simmering.
- 5Ladle soup into bowls and serve.
- Last Step: Don’t forget to share! Make all your friends drool by posting a picture of your finished recipe on your favorite social network. And don’t forget to tag Just A Pinch and include #justapinchrecipes so we can see it too!
What Does Tvp Taste Like
TVP doesnt really taste like much when it is reconstituted using water. The flavor is that of a neutral grain, something like bulgur wheat. However, TVP is like a flavor sponge and quickly takes on the essence of its surrounding ingredients, making it perfect to use in well-seasoned soups. It also has a crumbly texture that is similar to ground meat, so it is a natural veggie substitute for recipes calling for ground beef or ground turkey.
Don’t Miss: Campbell Soup Chicken Divan Recipe