Meal Prep Chicken Noodle Soup
You can easily meal prep this gluten free and dairy free creamy chicken noodle soup recipe by following the below recipe and dividing it into a few equal portions to enjoy throughout the week. I love having a healthy homemade meal ready in my fridge during the busy weekdays. By meal prepping this recipe, you can cook once and have perfectly portioned meals ready to go. Im a little bit obsessed with meal prepping and, batch cook, or make ahead. Heat + eat, youre all set!
Canned Cream Of Chicken Soup Substitute Gluten & Dairy Free
This is a recipe to make a canned cream soup substitute that’s gluten and dairy free 5 different ways
- cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup All purpose Gluten free flour
- cup Chopped onion
- 1¾ cup Chicken broth
- cup Non-flavored, dairy-free milk substitute
- 1½ cup Cubed chicken
In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat
Stir in gluten free flour, onion, salt and pepper
Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly remove from heat
Stir in broth and milk substitute
Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 1 minute
Stir in chicken. Remove from heat.
How To Make This Paleo Soup
This easy creamy dairy free chicken soup is made in a few simple steps.
Heres the step-by-step:
- Start by soaking the cashews for the cashew cream. In a small heat proof bowl cover raw cashews with just boiled water and set aside to soak .
- In a large soup pot heat olive oil over medium heat and add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, and salt. Sauté veggies until soft and starting to caramelize. Next comes the tomato paste and spices. Continue to cook until tomato paste has darkened slightly. This step deepens the flavor of the tomato paste and spices.
- Add broth, diced tomatoes, and chicken breasts and bring back to a simmer! If using already cooked leftover shredded chicken, dont add it until the next step.
- When chicken is cooked, carefully remove from the soup to a cutting board. Shred using two forks or cut into bite sized pieces and return it to the soup.
- Prepare the cashew cream and it to the soup along with parsley. Bring back to a simmer and cook for a few more minutes minutes to bring the flavors together and thicken the soup slightly.
- Turn off the heat. Add a few big handfuls of baby spinach and stir until wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
You May Like: Gluten Free French Onion Soup Canned
How To Make Gluten Free Cream Of Chicken Soup From Scratch:
1. First, mix together the chicken broth, milk, and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Keep whisking until the cornstarch is dissolved and everything is well combined.
2. Second, add the seasonings and mix everything together.
3. Next, cook the mixture over medium heat. Keep stirring constantly until the mixture is bubbling. This takes about about 3- 5 minutes.
4. Finally, reduce the heat to medium-low and keep cooking until the mixture is very thick. This normally takes about about 5 minutes.
5. That is it! Just remove from the heat and use as normal in any recipe that calls for cream of chicken soup.
Can You Substitute Cream Of Chicken Soup In Cooking Recipes
Yes, it is possible to replace the cream of chicken soup in any cooking recipe. There are more people who are looking for substitutes for the cream of chicken soup. The reason is that although this dish has an amazing consistency and flavor, it is packed with some health concerns because of its high fat, calories, and sodium content.
You can even replace it with various ingredients that meet your specific purpose. For example, cream of chicken soup can be alternated by vegan options, gluten-free ingredients, dairy-free, or keto substitutes.
Don’t Miss: Olive Garden Soup Salad Breadsticks Dinner
Homemade Cream Of Chicken Soup In A Few Easy Steps
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter over medium-high heat saute the minced garlic until tender.
- Sprinkle the gluten-free flour and onion powder over the garlic.
- Stir in the gluten-free chicken broth, salt, pepper, thyme and nutmeg . Stir the mixture until the flour dissolves. Bring the cream soup to a boil and stir it until thickened .
- Add the cooked chopped chicken to the soup and stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low/simmer and stir in the milk . Simmer, uncovered for about 10-15 minutes.
- Make sure you stir it occasionally and remove the soup from the heat as soon as it becomes as thick as you want it.
How To Make Dairy Free Cream Of Chicken Soup
To make it dairy-free, just use olive oil instead of the butter and use a dairy-free milk .
How do you make vegetarian cream of chicken soup?
You can also make a vegetarian substitute for cream of chicken soup by using vegetable broth and omitting the chicken.
This is such a good recipe to have handy! You’ll find places to use it all the time.
It only takes 5 minutes to make your own gluten-free cream of condensed soup, and now you are not limited by condensed soup containing recipes.
You can also use this gluten-free cream of chicken soup recipe when another recipe calls for a roux and cream sauce, like Christina’s King Ranch chicken for two.
What recipe are you going to try your homemade gluten-free cream of condensed soup in first?
Also Check: Solvang Split Pea Soup
Cream Of Chicken Soup Recipe
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a large sauce pan.
- Meanwhile, whisk together milk and flour in a bowl while the broth is heating.
- When the chicken broth is boiling, add the milk and flour mixture and whisk until combined.
- Continue wisking the mixture over medium heat until it thickens. It will continue to thicken as it cools, as well.
How Do You Make Easy Gluten
Making this soup could not be more simple. You start by melting the butter in the chicken stock over medium heat.
Next, you mix up your milk and cornstarch with a whisk. Add in the herbs and salts here as well. Pro Tip:Be sure to mix the cornstarch entirely into the milk so there are no clumps. I like to do a good scrape on the bottom to make sure none got stuck there. Then, once the broth and butter are boiling, you will slowly pour in the milk, cornstarch and herb mixture to thicken the soup and add flavor.
Pro Tip:Dont forget to constantly whisk the soup as you pour in the milk and cornstarch mixture to avoid clumps.
You May Like: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Recipe With Broccoli
How Do You Make Gluten Free Cream Of Chicken Soup
First, saute your chicken in the oil or butter.
Even if you uare using already cooked chicken, this will help to flavor your cream of chicken soup.
Add your gluten free flour to the oil and chicken to make a gluten free roux.
Stir the gluten free flour into the fat and cook until it starts to turn golden and smells slightly nutty.
Youre still making a blonde roux, and not cooking it to a dark brown color.
You want your gluten free roux to have lots of thickening power , while taking advantage of the flavor that you get from toasting the flour.
Cooking the flour keeps your cream of chicken soup from tasting like a floury paste.
Then add the broth and milk and bring it to a simmer.
Let it simmer until thickened,
It will thicken up even more as it cools.
Now your gluten free condensed cream of chicken soup is ready to use in all your favorite recipes!
For The Cream Of Mushroom Soup:
Saute 4oz minced mushrooms plus 1 Tablespoon minced shallot in 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until the mushrooms release their liquid. Continue to saute until the liquid cooks off and the mushrooms are tender, 5-7 minutes. Scoop the mushroom mixture into a bowl then set aside.
Lower the heat to medium then melt 2 Tablespoons butter or vegan butter, sprinkle in 2-1/2 Tablespoons gluten-free flour, and whisk for 1 minute. Slowly stream in 3/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth while whisking to create a smooth sauce then add 1/2 cup milk plus 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Simmer until thickened then stir the mushrooms back into the soup.
Im telling you pure condensed soup GOLD, right here!! I hope you love these soup recipes and get many uses out of them for years to come. Enjoy!
Also Check: Red Potatoes And Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
This creamy chicken noodle soup is dairy free, gluten free, and full of flavor! Loaded with vegetables and herbs in a rich and velvety broth. Serve with a thick slice of crusty bread, and you have a delicious healthy bowl of comfort food ready in no time.
This post may contain affiliate links. As anI may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!
Make It Now Cooking Directions
These directions are for cooking this recipe to serve immediately and NOT to freeze for later.
Read Also: Lipton Onion Soup Calories
Creamy Dairy Free Chicken And Vegetable Soup
Creamy dairy free chicken vegetable soup is the definition of healthy comfort food. Ready in less than an hour and full of flavor and good-for-you ingredients. This hearty homemade soup is made with tomatoes, lots of veggies, chicken broth, cashew cream, and fresh herbs and spices. Whole30, gluten free, and Paleo.
A quick note on this recipe! The original version of this post was published back in 2019. Since then Ive re-tested the recipe, and updated the photographs and content. Im republishing it for you today to enjoy! I hope you continue to make and love this delicious creamy chicken soup. xo
The BEST homemade chicken vegetable soup that ALSO just so happens to be gluten free, dairy free, and paleo!
Were always a fan of a classic chicken and veggie soup, and this creamy chicken and cauliflower rice soup is another favorite choice. But for this recipe, I decided to keep the some of the flavors from a classic chicken soup and switch up the ingredients just a little bit. Made without noodles, but WITH tons of flavor and veggies.
The classic base of onions, garlic, carrots, and celery are all here, but weve also added in some extra spices, tomatoes, spinach, and fresh herbs for a boost of super yummy flavor + nutrition!
More veggies = more healthy nutrients, right?!
Dont eat meat? Ive also included a vegetarian option below if you want to make a vegan / vegetarian version of this recipe!
Can You Make Cream Of Chicken Soup Gluten Free
So many recipes call for canned condensed cream of chicken soup, celery or mushroom soup. So many!
Easy, family favorite casseroles often call for canned condensed cream soup, which is a problem when you have to eat gluten-free or dairy-free, because canned cream condensed soup has both.
Canned cream of condensed soup also has a lot of fillers, preservatives, MSG, and other junk that it is nice to avoid.
There is an easy, healthy substitute for canned cream of condensed soups.
Just make your own! It really only takes 5 minutes to make.
Also Check: Andersen Split Pea Soup Hotel
Does Regular Cream Of Chicken Soup Contain Dairy And Gluten
YES! Regular canned condensed cream of chicken soup has cream and butter and wheat flour . Those are the easy ingredients to understand! Theres also modified food starch which could contain gluten, and whey, which is most likely dairy based.
Plus, regular canned cream of chicken soup falls into the category of foods that I believe people should avoid simple because it has several ingredients that are highly processed and are hard to understand.
Homemade Condensed Cream Of Chicken Soup Ditch The Canned Garbage And Make It At Home With Basic Ingredients In Under 15 Minutes Flat Youll Never Buy The Expensive Cream Of Anything Ever Again
Ready for a more cost-effective way to get condensed cream of chicken soup? There are gluten-free options out there, but what isnt out there is cheap and gluten-free condensed cream of chicken soup.
Ive purchased the store-bought in the past and was always taken back at the cost of these little containers of questionable cream of chicken or cream of mushroom.
Thats why I began making it myself and Im going to show you how to make it. After you see just how easy this is, youll be doing the same.
Recommended Reading: Campbell’s Chunky Soup Walmart
Is This Creamy Chicken And Vegetable Soup Healthy
Unlike traditional creamy soups, this soup is completely dairy free. Its made without cream, milk, or cheese, and instead relies on cashew cream to make the base of the soup creamy. If you have a nut allergy, look for a full fat non dairy milk or creamer and substitute the cashew cream with about 1 1/2 cups worth.
This homemade soup is also packed with nutrient rich vegetables, protein, and healthy fats!
Why You Need This Recipe
- This recipe is both gluten-free and dairy-free which is really hard to find pre-made. For people with gluten or dairy allergies or sensitivities, its a better idea to just make your own.
- Cream of chicken soup is a key component of so many recipes, such as my Dairy-Free Green Bean Casserole.
- You can use higher quality ingredients when you make your homemade cream of chicken soup. No need for fillers or preservatives!
Recommended Reading: Crock Pot Hash Brown Potato Soup
Simple Ways To Elevate The Condensed Cream Of Chicken:
- Add some finely chopped chicken if youd like.
- Use gluten-free chicken stock versus chicken broth. Chicken stock has a stronger flavor and is divine. However, it is sometimes difficult for us to find a chicken stock that is gluten-free where we live so always be mindful and check out the ingredients before purchasing.
Now this homemade condensed cream of chicken soup is NOT suppose to be eaten alone. This is meant to go into dishes that call for condensed cream of chicken.
Why Make Your Own
The allure of a casserole is the whole dump and stir nature, it’s just so quick and easy! The problem is that casseroles seem to always call for a can of cream of ‘something’ soup! And as we know, those canned condensed soups are not gluten-free.
Sure, there are gluten-free versions you can buy, but there are a few good reasons to just make your own:
- Cost: Gluten-free versions of anything are usually much more expensive than regular. This gluten-free condensed soup is much more economical. Why spend several dollars on something that you can make yourself for less than a dollar? For that reason alone it’s worth making it yourself!
- Taste: I’ve made the mistake of buying a gluten-free condensed soup and the taste was so awful it completely overpowered the dish and ruined it. You can make this as simple in flavor or as jazzed up as you like! And this one tastes so good, you’ll want to eat it with a spoon.
- Ease: Making your own condensed soup substitute will only take about 5 minutes, which is quicker than a trip to the store! The extra few minutes won’t really take anything away from the ease of making your casserole.
- Customizable! If you’re buying a can of gluten-free cream soup from the store, you’ll probably only have a couple of options. Or, you can take this basic recipe and switch it up in many ways! You can go from basic cream of chicken to cream of mushroom or cream of celery. You can make this dairy-free or grain-free.
Don’t Miss: Ben And Jerry’s Turtle Soup
Can I Freeze Cream Of Chicken Soup
You can absolutely freeze cream of chicken soup.
In fact, you can make a double or triple batch and freeze it for later, which is a huge time saver.
To freeze cream of chicken soup, pour the cooled gluten free chicken soup into freezer bags and squeeze out all the air.
Lay flat and freeze until solid, and then you can position your frozen cream of chicken soup wherever youd like in the freezer.
How The Mushroom And Potato Varieties Are Different
Dont be intimidated by the list of ingredients, as its mostly the same for each of the 3 varieties. I wanted you to have all of the recipes in one place, so I listed them together. But once you master the basic roux-based technique, youll be able to bring back all of those old favorite recipes your family loves.
The simplest variety cream of soup is the cream of mushroom soup, as the mushrooms cook down very quickly in the beginning of the process right along with the shallots. Plus, they add really nice depth of flavor.
If youre thinking about making a classic gluten free green bean casserole, cream of mushroom is a must. The cream of potato soup is a bit extra creamy because of the diced potatoes that simmer in the soup as it reduces and thickens.
Read Also: Red Potatoes And Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Can I Use Something Different Than Cornstarch To Thicken It
While cornstarch is recommended thicken this soup, you could also use a high quality gluten-free cup for cup flour, arrowroot, tapioca or potato starch. I wouldnt recommend coconut or almond flour as this will not thicken your soup.
If you dont mind making this non-gluten-free, Pinch of Yum has a fun and easy take using traditional flour.