Tips For Storing Potatoes:
- Store potatoes in a cold, well-ventilated area.
- Never store potatoes in the refrigerator, any temperature lower than 50 degrees F, changes the texture of the potato and will affect the taste of the potato dish.
- If you do choose to store potatoes in the refrigerator, let them slowly come to room temperature, before you cook the potatoes.
- Paper bags work amazingly when you are storing potatoes
- Do not wash potatoes, before storing them.
- If your potatoes have started to sprout, do not despair, just simply cut the sprout off, they are still safe to eat.
- If your potatoes have turned green, this is due to a chemical called Solanine, which means that the potato should be discarded, note: eating them in large quantities can cause you to get ill, so itâs best to throw away.
Today, I am showing you one of my classic potato dishes, that my mother used to make when I was a child, she would be one of the best foil meal makers, I later found out that this is a style of campfire cooking.
I cut the potatoes into dices, leaving them about 1 to 2-inch chunks because I find them easier to eat.
Dice Cut:They are perfect for the air fryer, since making sure that all the potatoes are uniformed, allows them to cook all the way through and the entire potato dish will be ready at the same time.
To Dice: A Potato: Simply, slice the potato in half, then cut that half again into half, and then cut into about 1-inch pieces.
Ingredients You Need For This Ooey
Onions add a vibe to the taste and outlook of a meal. It is the secret ingredient to having a wonderful meal. Or at least getting close to having one. And what better way than to prepare them with potatoes! Sounds magically good so imagine tasting it! Heavenly is an understatement. I live for such simple and delicious meals.;
For our recipe, the ingredients are super simple and easy to come across. Hopefully, for this recipe, youll have all you need at your home so that you wont need to step out to get any.;
The supplies for the recipe are:
- About 6-8 medium potatoes You dont need many potatoes unless you have lots of guests to host. So these 6-8 medium-sized potatoes will work perfectly.
- Two envelopes of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
If you love your food extra spicy, you can add more spices of your choice to the list above. But be sure to do it in moderation. We still want to taste the potatoes and onions combo in the meal.
This is literally the simplest list of ingredients I have ever come across while preparing a recipe. I also love that you can get the ingredients easily from the nearest grocery store.
Other Simple Potato Side Dishes You Might Love
These crispy onion soup potatoes are a hit each time I serve them. Make them and see why we love them so much!
Looking for other easy side dishes? Here are some other minimal ingredient, easy potato side dishes you might enjoy:
If youve tried these CRISPY ONION POTATOES, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on ,;, and;;to see more amazing recipes and whatever else weve got going on!
Also Check: Where Can I Get Soup
The Easiest Most Versatile Potato Recipe Ever
Aside from loving these potatoes because they are insanely delicious, I also adore them because they are so versatile and easy.
Plus, these potatoes only need 3 ingredients so prepping them is a breeze. Cleanup too!
Lipton Onion Soup Mix Potatoes That Suitable For Many Dishes
Try to make this roasted Lipton onion soup mix potatoes. With potatoes as its main ingredients, do a magic to transform this oval shaped food into something every member of your family loves. You only need 3 ingredients to prepare it or add more two if you want to enhance the taste. Allocate around 45 minutes of your time to make this. This recipe will be able to cover 4-6 portions.
- 6-8 medium sized potatoes. You can also have red potatoes.
- 2 packs of Lipton Onion soup mix
- 3-4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
Also Check: Amy’s Organic Minestrone Soup
How To Roast Potatoes
You might be surprised at how easy it is to roast potatoes. This recipe uses Russet potatoes. So grab a few of them, give them a good wash, and then you will want to cut the potatoes into uniform cubes.
The real secret to cooking perfectly roasted potatoes is to cut all of the potatoes in a uniform size. When you cut all of the potatoes in one size, they will cook uniformly.;
This Side Dish Slow Cooker Lipton Onion Potatoes Is Easy And Has Great Onion Flavor
This is a must try recipe if you love to make side dishes in your slow cooker. I saw this recipe in a few places online and had to try it. When I bought the Lipton onion soup mix for this recipe, I read pretty much the same recipe on back of the box, but of course that version is for the oven. This;will be;a great recipe for me with the summer weather coming soon. These Slow Cooker Lipton Onion Potatoes and grilled chicken are going to make for an easy dinner all summer long.
I start by slicing russet potatoes very thin, about a quarter-inch thick. Also make sure to spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
I arrange the thinly;sliced potatoes in a;spiral design, then sprinkle over pepper and;garlic powder.;Then one Lipton onion soup mix and drizzle over olive oil. Be sure to evenly distribute the mix and the oil over the potatoes.
Below is what the potatoes look like after 4 hours on high.
What would you serve with these potatoes? Im all about the side dishes and carbs, so Id be happy with just this! Have a great week and Ill be back mid next week with a new recipe.
Also Check: How To Make Soup Dumplings
Onion Soup Mix Oven Roasted Potatoes
In my home, both my husband and I love potatoes in any shape, way, or form. ;I grew up in a home where potatoes were king, so did my husband. ;Mashed, baked, grilled, even fried , we ate potatoes cooked in all different ways. We especially ate loved eating oven-roasted potatoes. Our favorite is Lipton Onion Soup Potatoes that are oven-roasted.
Over the course of our marriage, we have tried a few different recipes with potatoes. ;But we have had trouble finding a go-to potato recipe though.
Recently, however, my husband found a recipe online for oven-roasted potatoes that were mixed and cooked with onion soup mix.; Thats right, he made Lipton Onion Soup Potatoes. eriously this is such an easy, inexpensive, and even fast recipe, too.
The first time, we tried it a few weeks ago, we knew we were hooked. ;It is just that tasty. Plus its easy to make, too.
We adapted the recipe however slicing the potatoes instead of halving. Also, cooking at a lower oven temperature and even coating the pan with a bit of cooking spray.
Because even with the oil mixed in, the potatoes tend to stick if you dont use cooking spray.
Also, make sure to stir them on the cookie sheet a few times during the 20 minute cook time, because this will definitely minimize the oven-roasted potatoes from sticking to the sheet.
How To Make Roasted Potatoes And Onions
Last year we visited Erics Aunt Linda, who is a fabulous cook. She made us these roasted potatoes and onions and I think I was that awkward house guest whos still eating dinners side dish with my fingers during dessert time.
I begged the recipe off her, and she told me how she made it: tiny potatoes, oil, and a Lipton onion soup mix. Genius!! It is so good. The dehydrated onions get all crisp and crunchy. It;is the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving this year!
Thanksgiving is just around the corner! Check out my for more menu ideas.
Recommended Reading: Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe With Cream Of Chicken Soup
Lipton Onion Soup Mix Potatoes Recipe And Steps To Make It
Have you ever tried to make Lipton onion soup mix potatoes? If you have not, then you might find this roasted potatoes recipe worth trying. Lets admit that potato is one of the most favorite foods in the world. Many love this stem tuber for its adaptability and versatility for almost all types of potato-based dishes. Potatoes can be fried, boiled, steamed, microwaved, or even oven-roasted.
Suppose you have tried a couple different potato recipes but have not been able to find a potato recipe that you can cook regularly. In that case, this Lipton onion soup mix potatoes recipe is your best option. These are potatoes roasted in an oven that were previously mixed with Lipton onion soup mix. Without further ado, lets check out the following simple and quick meal recipe.
- 1 envelope of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 pounds of red potatoes , cut into evenly large chunks
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
If you unable to find Lipton onion soup mix at the nearby grocery store, you could make one on your own with the following simple recipe.
- ¼ cup of dried onion flakes
- 2 tbsp of bullion paste, granules, or cubes
- ¼ tsp of onion powder
- ¼ tsp of dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 tsp of paprika
How To Make Crispy Onion Soup Potatoes
Making this onion soup potato recipe is a snap! You dont even have to peel the potatoes if you dont want to, which makes prep so much faster.
To make these onion soup potatoes, start by washing the potatoes. If you want to peel the potatoes, you can do that now. Otherwise, just go ahead and cut the potatoes into roughly equal sized pieces.
Sometimes I peel them, but if Im just making them for my crew I often skip that step. The skins get extra crispy when roasted, and theyre full of nutrients Im happy to have my guys enjoy.
Then put the potatoes in a large mixing bowl and add the oil. Give the potatoes a good toss to get them evenly coated in the oil.
Sprinkle in the onion soup mix and toss again to distribute the onion soup mix, making sure all the potatoes are as evenly coated as possible.
Pour the potatoes out onto a large sheet pan that youve sprayed with nonstick spray. Then pop them into the oven and bake them for 20-25 minutes, turning them half way through.
You May Like: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Tips And Tricks To Make The Best Onion Potatoes
These onion soup potatoes are super easy to make, but following these tips and tricks will ensure you have potato success each time you make these:
- Use the right kind of potatoes. I prefer Russets or Idaho potatoes in this but red potatoes or Yukon gold also work well.
- Make sure the potatoes are cut into even pieces. This will help the potatoes cook evenly.
- Dont forget to flip the potatoes halfway through. If you dont flip the potatoes, they will overcook on the side thats against the sheet pan.
What Temperature To Roast Potatoes
You might be surprised the temperature range of roasting potatoes is a bit narrow. Anything below 350 degrees the insides of the potatoes dry out completely long before the outsides brown.
Cooking potatoes above 450 means the outsides can cook and burn leaving you with insides that arent quite done.; Ideally, I like to roast potatoes between 375 to 425 degrees.;
You May Like: How To Make Vegetable Soup
Dishes You Can Serve With Our Lipton Onions Potatoes
Our prepared meal is an easy side dish recipe that you can serve with a couple of meals. Here are such meals from the South Your Mouth blog that you can enjoy with the Lipton onions potatoes.
- Crockpot pulled pork Well-cooked and spiced pork will make the perfect match for our recipe.;
- Sticky chicken Have you ever gone wrong with chicken? Perfect choice for accompaniment for our Lipton recipe.
- Pork steak A combo of this and Lipton onion potatoes is heavenly, to say the least. I wont even talk much about it coz girl! I cant describe enough the magic created here.
- Barbequed steak I love steak. One that is fried well and has thick soup to it. Whenever I have my Lipton recipe it is always part of the dishes cooked.
- Ribs This would make a perfect choice for the Lipton Onion Potatoes. Perfectly baked ribs glazed with some vegetables.
I get my whole table set for this moment and any other dish that would go well with the recipe is included. My grandkids eat the food without waiting for it to be set. They never leave my side in the kitchen during the preparation of the meal. I am not complaining though. Because they are the best company I could ask for. Especially, when doing what I love. Cooking.
Its a Wrap!
Its been so much fun sharing our recipe with you. Be sure to leave us a comment down in the comments section. We are zealous in waiting to celebrate with you the joyous moment youll experience. So break a leg!
This pin rocks!
By Step Preparation Of Lipton Onion Potatoes
Now that our supplies are ready, we can dive into the interesting phase of our activity. I am super exhilarated and cant wait to have a bite of what we prepare. So without wasting any time, shall we start?
- First, we work on the potatoes. Wash your potatoes thoroughly. Then thinly slice them with the skin on. A chopping board and a good sharp knife are efficient enough to get the work done. Most importantly, chop the potatoes in circular bits, as the image below indicates.
- Once chopped in the circular bits, lay them in a 9×13 pan or 2-quart casserole dish. If in a pan, make sure the pan has been lined with cooking oil.
- Thirdly, melt 2 cubes of butter in a microwave-safe dish.
- Take two envelopes of Liptons Onion Soup and pour them into your melted butter. Stir them until they are well mixed.
- Next step, pour the onion butter mixture over your sliced potatoes that are arranged on a baking sheet. They shouldnt be crowded, so if you need to, be sure to use two sheets. Crowding the potatoes will be bad for our recipe as the potatoes will steam and get mushy. And we want to get it right all through. So more sheets will be appreciated.
When your potatoes come out they should look like this:
Arent these so pleasing to look at? I am salivating just from a simple glance. They sure look so crispy and super delicious. I mean! Wow!
Read Also: Le Creuset Cast Iron Soup Pot
Onion Soup Roasted Potatoes
Onion soup roasted potatoes are so easy and so good!
These potatoes make a great side dish for any meal and your family will love them.; You can make this recipe your own by adding additional spices or you could even add more vegetables like sliced carrots to this dish.; They keep well in the refrigerator and are good reheated in the oven or microwave.; I love that they dont take long to make on a busy weeknight for dinner and the soup mix gives them a delicious flavor.; You might also like to check out our recipe for spam fried potatoes.; We love them for breakfast with eggs.
Try These Easy Lipton Onion Roasted Potatoes With One Of These Awesome Main Dishes:
- Crock Pot Pulled Pork; Perfectly seasoned, tender, juicy pulled pork cooked low and slow in a slow cooker.;
- Sticky Chicken Marinated slow-roasted chicken pieces braised in a slightly sweet, tangy sauce.
- Fall-Off-The-Bone Baby Back Ribs Easy, oven-baked ribs cooked low and slow on a bed of onions.;
- Perfect Pork Tenderloin A no-fail recipe for perfectly cooked marinated pork tenderloin with a simple glaze.;
- Barbequed Steaks Thinly sliced grilled steaks marinated then basted in a homemade barbeque sauce.;
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free Tomato Soup Walmart