Did You Make This
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. .
Posted on 5/23/19 at 6:35 am
Beautiful flavor combinations in this hearty and delicious soup! Worth printing the recipe. Youll be making this again and again.
Posted on 5/23/19 at 11:02 am
Posted on 3/26/18 at 9:52 am
I made this for the soup course of a progressive dinner. This dinner group gets together regularly, and I often feel my offerings do not compare with the others. Not this time my soup was the star of the evening! Everyone loved it, and I could not have been more pleased. Since the recipe yields 4-6 servings, and I had 8 coming for dinner, I doubled the recipe. This was not necessary. Even though I gave everyone an ample serving, I had a LOT left over. It was not a problem, though as I shared the extra with friends and family, but I do believe the yield is not accurate on the recipe.
Posted on 3/26/18 at 7:25 pm
Thanks for your feedback Laurie! So glad you enjoyed the recipe and well make an adjustment on the yield. Appreciate you taking the time to leave your comment.
Posted on 12/31/14 at 12:28 pm
I had ginger and carrot soup at a high end restaurant the other night and it had coconut undertones and was garnished with candied mushrooms. Do you think if I substituted coconut oil for one of the teaspoons of butter that it would be ok?
Say Yes To The Good Stuff
Positive, Delicious & Convenient Nutrition
You can feel good about eating Well Yes! canned soup, crafted with carefully chosen ingredients, without sacrificing great flavor.
Veggie Nutrition On the Go
Well Yes! Sipping Soups are crafted to provide delicious, sippable veggie nutrition anytime, anywhere.
POWERful and Delicious
Well Yes! POWER Soup bowls are crafted with protein, fiber, and veggies for a delicious and nutritious soup in the palm of your hand.
Why Make This Recipe
- Even Picky Eaters Love Carrot Soup: Everyone I have ever served this soup to has loved it, even kids! You can make it for babies and toddlers too. It’s a perfect way to introduce little ones to some new flavors in a very healthy soup, though you might dial back the ginger slightly at first.
- Cozy But Low-Cal: I love soups in the fall and winter, when the weather is chilly. This soup is warming and comforting, but also won’t weigh you down. In fact, it’s low in calories even with the dollop of crème fraiche and pistachios!
- Low-Cost, Easy-to-Find Ingredients: Carrots are inexpensive and easily accessible in many areas. In fact, they are a seasonal eaters dream, because while they dont grow in the dead of winter, they store so well that they are easy to find even in January. And unlike greens that wilt within a few days in your produce drawer, the hearty carrot will stick around for a while.
Recommended Reading: Where To Buy Amy’s Organic Soup
Carrot Ginger Soup With Crme Fraiche
Published: by Chef Molly · As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Carrot Ginger Soup is so easyjust simmer carrots, leeks, and ginger in vegetable broth until tender and blend. Top with crème fraiche and pistachios!
Now that Im cooking more vegetarian meals, this Carrot Ginger Soup with Crème Fraiche is part of my repertoire of easy veggie dishes. Just sauté sliced carrots, leeks, ginger, and a touch of nutmeg briefly in butter and olive oil, then add vegetable stock. Let simmer until carrots are tender, then blend. That’s it! Garnish with crème fraiche and a sprinkle of pistachios for a little extra protein. The result is a soup that is cozy, nourishing, and lightly spicy without being heavy.
This recipe is inspired by a 2004 recipe published by Food and Wine magazine, back in the days when I diligently marked recipes in my magazine and then cut them out to stick into a large photo album-style cookbook organized by course. Ive tweaked the recipe a bit, but the combination of a light and bright carrot soup with a creamy finish has stayed the same.
Creamy Carrot And Ginger Soup
Creamy Carrot and Ginger Soup is a simple, yet flavorful Vegan soup that is packed full of goodness! Chopped fresh ginger is blended with chunks of carrot and coconut milk to create this creamy, delicious soup. One that provides the ultimate comfort on a cold day! Can be made on the stovetop or Instant Pot with a 30 minute cook time.Paleo, Vegan, and Whole30!
I love soup. Like. LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about it! Soup might by my all time favorite meal to enjoy, it is certainly one of my favorites to create for you all! I especially love a vegetable loaded soup. But this Carrot and Ginger Soup? its extra special.
Don’t Miss: Lipton Onion Soup Chicken Recipes
Recipes To Eat With Carrot Ginger Soup
This soup is the perfect start to a delicious vegetarian meal. Serve with a grilled cheese sandwich or quesadilla on the side. Of course almost any kind of sandwich would go well with this soup, vegetarian or not. Or how about a thick slice of avocado toast? If youd like a vegan option, serve this with a green salad or any kind of grain salad. Here are some recipes that would be delicious along with this soup.
- freshly ground black pepper
Some Tips And Adaptations:
- It has very simple ingredients, just real vegetables that blend together so beautifully and deliciously.
- Ingredients include: carrots, onion, garlic, ginger, vegetable stock, and coconut cream. Thats it! If you want to add in additional protein, serve with some shrimp on top or even chicken breast.
- I do throw in extra ginger, I might get carried away. You can tame that down a tad, if you want a more subtle flavor.
- I used coconut cream in place of coconut milk to make a tad bit creamier
- I used real peeled carrots, and cut them into chunks :
Don’t Miss: Amy’s Organic Low Sodium Soup
Inspiration Behind This Creamy Carrot And Ginger Soup:
My sweet little girl, Miss Carbivore, and I used to lunch once a week at this fabulous little cafe in Germany. It was attached to an organic farm that we would visit weekly to pick out our eggs, dairy, meat, and fresh produce.
During our homeschool days, she and I spent many special moments together at this cafe. We would often bring a book to read together, or work on other little school projects. We always coupled this with a big bowl of yummy carrot and ginger soup, and followed the meal with a cup of tea. It was always our favorite part of the week! Now that we have moved back to the US, these memories are some of my favorite memories that I hold of our entire 4 year experience traveling Europe!
Recently we were chatting about these times, and she asked me to make her this soup. Of course, I had to replicate it! As a nutritionist, I am always trying to come up with ways to lighten up comfort foods. I am pretty sure their version had a cream/milk base, but I used coconut milk instead to lighten it up. Miss Carbivore definitely approved! She even helped me with this photo shoot, and couldnt stop sneaking her own bites:
So now I want you to try!
Campbells Carrot Ginger Well Yes Soup
- PACKED WITH VEGGIES: Feel good eating this carrot and ginger soup that has 40% of your daily veggies per canDELICIOUSLY CRAFTED NUTRITION: This carrot and ginger soup is crafted with nourishing ingredients like carrots, coconut cream, sweet potatoes, and gingerVEGETARIAN SOUP: This hearty vegetari
Soup, Harvest Carrot & Ginger
No artificial flavors. Per 1 Cup: 90 calories 1 g sat fat 620 mg sodium 10 g total sugars. 40% daily veggies per can . Vegetarian. Contains a bioengineered food ingredient. The ingredients from corn in the product come from genetically modified crops. New. Eat what you love. Live well. Eat bright. No preservatives. how2recycle.info. Questions or comments? 1-800-257-8443, campbells.com/well-yes. Non-BPA lining.Nutrition Facts
Recommended Reading: How Do You Make Broccoli Soup
Live Well Eat Bright Well Yes
Made with purposeful, nutritious ingredients, Well Yes! offers a variety of convenient and delicious soups that prove eating brighter and smarter doesnât have to mean sacrificing amazing taste. From Tomato & Sweet Basil to Roasted Chicken with Rice to Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato, Well Yes! soups are conveniently packaged in cans, sipping cups, and microwavable bowls so you can feel good about your daily routine. So don’t settle for less when it comes to living wellâgo ahead, say Yes!, and live deliciously.
How To Make Creamy Carrot And Ginger Soup:
Recommended Reading: Is Soup Good For Diet