More Substitutions And Variations
No Noodles? Any pasta will work: shells, bowties, elbows, ziti, penne, rotini, etc.
No Cream of Mushroom Soup? Cream of celery soup is good. Or you can make your own homemade low calorie white sauce if you are feeling inspired.
Toppings: Crushed cornflakes, crushed potato chips, french-fried onions, crushed cracker crumbs, shredded cheese , Slivered almonds
Additions: Worcestershire sauce, Old bay seasoning, salt, pepper, soy sauce, frozen peas & carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, sliced mushrooms, hot sauce
More About No Cheese Tuna Casserole Recipes
TUNA CASSEROLE RECIPE WITH RITZ CRACKER TOPPING – EASY …
- Add tuna, thawed vegetables, cream of mushroom soup, diced onions, milk, garlic powder, salt, pepper and 1 cup of cheddar cheese to a large bowl and mix well.
- Top casserole with remaining cheese and crunched up crackers.
TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large pot boil the pasta according to package directions and drain and rinse. In a medium skillet over medium high heat add the olive oil, onion, and celery. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until almost tender. Add in the mushrooms and continue to sauté until tender. Add to a large bowl.
- Add the butter to the skillet and whisk the flour until golden. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and milk. Let simmer until thickened.
- In the large bowl add the pasta, tuna, peas, and cheese. Mix together. Spread evenly in a 9×13 inch casserole dish. In a small bowl combine parmesan, breadcrumbs, and butter. Sprinkle on top of casserole.
EASY TUNA CASSEROLE FREEZER MEAL – FREEZER MEALS 101
EASY TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE – JO COOKS
- Mix all ingredients together: To the bowl add the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper as needed. I only added pepper, but feel free to season with salt as you prefer.
- Transfer to a casserole dish: Spray a 9×13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray and add the noodle mixture to the casserole dish. Sprinkle with the potato chips.
TUNA CASSEROLE FROM SCRATCH – BOWL OF …
An Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe That Your Family Will Love
This is the old-fashioned Tuna Noodle Casserole recipe that I grew up on! My mom tweaked the original Campbells Tuna Noodle Casserole with cream of mushroom soup to suit her taste preferences, resulting in a creamy filling of egg noodles, tuna fish and peas topped with grated cheddar cheese and crushed potato chips. This inexpensive, classic comfort food dinner is perfect for busy weeknights!
The convenient tuna fish casserole recipe comes together with some basic kitchen staples, so it’s one of those easy options that you can turn to when there’s nothing else on the menu. Feel free to use a different flavor of canned soup, a different variety of cheese, omit the peas or add other veggies instead, or mix up the topping with Ritz crackers or buttered breadcrumbs instead of potato chips. The options are endless…and it’s all good!
Recommended Reading: Campbell’s Tomato Soup Sloppy Joe Recipe
Classic Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe Notes
I love this classic tuna noodle casserole so much, I’m not willing to mess with it too much, beyond the obvious steps to make it a little lighter, healthier and Weight Watchers friendly:
- I used Campbell’s Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom soup, which is lighter in fat, salt and calories.
- And I substituted Ronzoni garden delight tricolor penne pasta for egg noodles. noodles. Those following WW Purple Program can shave 2 Points per serving by opting for a whole grain pasta.
- To bulk it up further, you could always add more veggies, like defrosted chopped broccoli or sliced mushrooms.
- I also skipped mixing the bread crumbs with melted butter to shave away one SmartPoint.
What Kind Of Noodles For A Tuna Casserole
This simple tuna noodle casserole calls for egg noodles — a traditional ingredient in the classic dish. I like the fairly thin “medium” egg noodles, but you can also use “wide” or “extra broad” egg noodles. Feel free to get creative and take advantage of just about any pasta that you have in your pantry. Try elbow macaroni, penne pasta, spaghetti, or rotini, too!
Recommended Reading: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Classic Tuna Noodle Casserole
Tuna tossed with noodles, peas and pimiento in a creamy sauce is baked until bubbling with crunchy crumb topping.
Tips For The Best Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe
- Cook the pasta just until al dente . The noodles will continue cooking in the oven, so you dont want them to be mushy or overdone.
- Use solid white albacore tuna in water .
- Drain the tuna fish really well before adding it to the casserole.
- Theres no need to thaw the peas before adding them to the dish. Just stir them in while theyre still frozen this will help them stay nice and green in the casserole .
Don’t Miss: Andersen Split Pea Soup Hotel
Campbell Soup Tuna Noodle Casserole With Cream Of Celery Soup Recipe
Campbell Soup Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipes
6 recipes to browse.
Take Note We will not respond to member emails. Use the Help Forum for that.
If you have a business development or DMCA inquiry, .
Advertising on Group Recipes is sold by SheKnows.com. You can contact the sales team for more info.
When you’re ready, we’ll help you decide between similar recipes.
Still Searching For What To Cook
- 2 1/2 cupsmedium egg noodles dry
- 1 cupFrozen Peas
- 1 canCampbell’s condensed Cream of Celery Soup regular or half-fat
- 1/2 cupmilk
- 1 6 oz cantuna drained and flaked
- 1 cupCheddar cheese shredded
- Paprika to taste
Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
Prepare noodles according to package directions.
Add peas for last 5 minutes of cooking time drain.
In a 2-quart casserole dish, combine the soup, milk, tuna and half the cheese.
Stir in noodles and peas.
Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with paprika.
Bake at 400F degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbling and hot.
Recommended Reading: Roast Recipe With Onion Soup Mix
No Cheese Tuna Casserole Recipes
CHEESY TUNA CASSEROLE RECIPE BY TASTY
Dinner has never been easier than with this updated classic tuna casserole. Full of pantry staples, the dish comes together quickly. Make the casserole sauce, pour it over your favorite noodles, top it with cheese, and bake it off for a new weeknight staple.
Recipe From tasty.co
QUICK AND EASY TUNA CASSEROLE
Quick and Easy Tuna Casserole is perfect for the busy mom!
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Number Of Ingredients 7
TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE WITH CREAM CHEESE
This homemade tuna casserole recipe was a big hit around the Test Kitchen table! The addition of the cream cheese was just as delicious as you would imagine it to be… making this casserole extraordinarily rich and creamy different from other tuna casseroles. This dish is very comforting and filling. The french fried onions…
Recipe From justapinch.com
Number Of Ingredients 16
TUNA CASSEROLE EDITED, WITHOUT SOUP
No canned soup mix in this recipe! Mushrooms, onions, and water chestnuts go into this casserole. From: “MVANWINKLE at AllRecipes, modified by Marcel”
Recipe From food.com
More About Campbells Soup Recipes Tuna Noodle Casserole
TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE – CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
CAMPBELL’S® TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE | RECIPE | NOODLE …
SOFT WATER | CAMPBELLS SOUP RECIPES, RETRO RECIPES, TUNA …
CASSEROLES – CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
CASSEROLES & AMP BAKES – PAGE 2 OF 7 – CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
RECIPE CAMPBELLS® TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE – YOUTUBE
CAMPBELL’S TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE RECIPE | KEEPRECIPES …
TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE – CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY | RECIPE …
TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE – CAMPBELL’S KITCHEN
EASY ONE-POT TUNA CASSEROLE – CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
CAMPBELLS SOUP TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE RECIPES
CROWD-PLEASING TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE | RECIPE | CAMPBELLS …
CAMPBELL SOUP RECIPE TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE – COOKEATSHARE
TUNA PENNE BAKE RECIPE | COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE RECIPE | CAMPBELL’S KITCHEN | TUNA …
10 BEST TUNA CASSEROLE WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP RECIPES …
CAMPBELLS TUNA CASSEROLE- TFRECIPES
RECIPES ARCHIVE – CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
CHEESY TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE – CAMPBELLS FOOD SERVICE
CAMPBELLS TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE- TFRECIPES
TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE – TFRECIPES.COM
Recommended Reading: Campbell’s French Onion Soup Meatloaf Recipe
Which Tuna Is Best For Tuna Casserole With Egg Noodles
I recommend solid white albacore tuna in water for this recipe. Either StarKist or Bumble Bee brands are my preference. The albacore tuna has a mild taste than chunk light tuna, and a more firm, solid texture that holds up better when mixed into the dish. Make sure that you drain the tuna really well before combining it with the other ingredients. You don’t want a watery casserole filling!
Can You Freeze Tuna Noodle Casserole
Freeze the tuna casserole before baking. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, cover with foil, and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, thaw in the refrigerator overnight, allow the dish to come to room temperature on the counter for at least 30 minutes, and then bake according to recipe instructions.
You May Like: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Campbell’s Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe
CLASSIC CREAM OF MUSHROOM. Fresh mushrooms in a rich creamy base. 1. Combine peas, soup and milk. Add cheese and gently add drained tuna and cooked pasta. 2. Place mixture in a greased steam table pan . 3. Bake at 350º F for 40-45 minutes or until mixture is bubbling.
Campbell’s® Tuna Noodle Casserole. 460reviews. 45minutes. Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup flavors a creamy sauce that is mixed with tuna, egg noodles and peas, topped with a crunchy bread crumb topping and baked to perfection.
How Many Calories & Weight Watchers Points In This Tuna Casserole Made Lighter
According to my calculations each serving has about 300 calories and:
6*SmartPoints 4*SmartPoints 7*PointsPlus
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my or other , I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Recommended Reading: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Recipe With Broccoli
Campbell’s Tuna Noodle Casserole
Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup flavors a creamy sauce that is mixed with tuna, egg noodles and peas, topped with a crunchy bread crumb topping and baked to perfection.
Provided by Campbell’s Kitchen
|2 cans Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup|
|1 cup milk|
|2 cans tuna, drained|
|4 cups hot cooked medium egg noodles|
|2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs|
|1 tablespoon butter, melted|
- Stir soup, milk, peas, tuna and noodles in 3-quart casserole.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes or until hot. Stir.
- Mix bread crumbs with butter in bowl and sprinkle over tuna mixture. Bake for 5 minutes more.