Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup
Pressure cooker or slow cooker! Super easy set-it-and-forget-it meal, with all the enchilada taste in a soup. Garnish with cilantro, avocado, red onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, and tortilla strips or chips.
Provided by Gregory Chapman
|2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves|
|2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained|
|2 cups chicken stock|
|1 can whole kernel corn, drained|
|1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice|
|1 can enchilada sauce|
|1 can diced green chiles|
|1 white onion, diced|
- Combine chicken breasts, black beans, chicken stock, corn, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, green chiles, onion, garlic, salt, and cumin in a multi-functional pressure cooker. Close and lock the lid. Select Stew mode and cook on high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions set timer for 30 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, 10 to 40 minutes. Remove chicken, shred it with 2 forks, and return it to the soup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 389.9 calories, Carbohydrate 45.5 g, Cholesterol 78.3 mg, Fat 5.4 g, Fiber 12.1 g, Protein 41.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 1915 mg, Sugar 5.6 g
How To Serve Creamy Southwest Chicken Soup
This soup is just calling out for toppings like grated cheese, sour cream, cilantro, and crunchy corn chips. We love it with Fritos but tortilla chips are also a great choice. A drizzle of hot sauce is a nice finishing touch for those that like a little heat.
With a double dose of protein from chicken and beans, this soup is hearty enough to be a meal in itself. Its also perfect to serve with grilled cheese sandwiches or quesadillas.
How To Make Chili Chicken Recipe
- Start with your favorite chicken. This recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken thighs because of the flavor they provide and the kids love them factor.
Kitchen Tip: To simplify, use rotisserie chicken or canned chicken, whichever fits your schedule.
- Choose your white beans. I love great northern beans, but any white bean works as a substitute.
- Add extra beans for a thicker soup or use less chicken broth.
- Adjust the thickness of the chili with more or less chicken broth.
- Choose to make your own taco seasoning or use storebought. The homemade recipe is super easy though and makes enough for many recipes to come and quite a bit of money too.
- Choose your toppings! Staples at my house include cheese and crushed tortilla chips for the kids and fresh lime juice, greek yogurt, and cilantro for the adults. Choose whatever your family enjoys!
Also Check: Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix Gluten-free
Products For The Instant Pot
New to cooking with a pressure cooker? Try out the Be the Boss of Your Instant Pot Video Course! It’ll help take the pressure off and ease you into cooking with your Instant Pot.
- Instant Pot Inner Pot – I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot– I’m not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners– If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
Soup recipes are a go to dinner idea for a good part of the year. Whenever there is a chilly nip the air, a rainy day hits, or that inevitable blast of cold winter chill that blankets us for a good part of the year–its a good time for soup.
Southwestern Chicken Soup is a flavorful soup with a Mexican flare.
Think of tortilla soup, your favorite soupy chili, taco soup and all of the other wonderful Southwestern spiced up soups you’ve had in the past and just know that you’re going to love this one too.
What Makes This Chilis Southwest Chicken Soup So Good
- It tastes just like the restaurant version! However, its super quick and easy to make in the comfort of your own home.
- It all comes together in just one pot! This Chilis southwest chicken soup couldnt possibly be easier to cook and cleanup. With just one pot youll have a complete, hearty, and tasty meal.
- Its healthy but super satisfying! Loaded with lean chicken breast, fresh veggies, and a handful of flavorful spices. This dinner or lunch recipe is everything we stand for easy, healthy, and delicious!
Also Check: Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
How To Make Southwest Chicken Soup
Chili’s Southwest Chicken & Sausage Soup Recipe
Provided by ruhroh
|11/3 cup diced green bell pepper|
|2 tablespoon diced seeded jalapeño pepper|
|3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic|
|4 1/2 cups water|
|2 1/2 tablespoons ground chili powder|
|4 teaspoons ground paprika|
|2 teaspoons freshly minced cilantro|
|11/2 teaspoons ground red pepper|
|1/2 teaspoons ground oregano|
|1/2 cup crushed canned tomatillos|
|1 can diced green chilies, drained|
|2 cans navy beans or small white beans, drained|
|1 can dark red kidney beans, drained|
|3 pounds diced cooked chicken breast|
|1 package of plain breakfast sausage links, cut into bite size pieces|
|Shredded cheese and sour cream for garnish|
- In 5-quart or larger pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage, onions and sauté along with bell pepper, jalapeño and garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender. In another container, combine water, chicken base, lime juice, sugar, cornstarch and seasonings. Add to vegetable mixture. Add tomatillos and diced green chilies to pot bring to boil. Add beans and chicken simmer 10 minutes. Serve topped with cheese and sour cream if desired, with tortilla chips on the side.
Also Check: Campbell’s Tomato Soup Sloppy Joe Recipe
Healthy Southwest Chicken Soup
Cozy up with a bowl of this Healthy Southwest Chicken Soup! Peppers and onions are sautéed and mixed with a homemade southwest seasoning, fire roasted tomatoes, pinto and black beans, charred corn and chicken. Serves 8+ in under an hour!
Another day and another soup for your soul.
Its one of the only things I want to make these days. I crave bowls of comfort or carbs. Theres no in-between. Trying to conjure up recipes consisting of mostly canned goods isnt a impossible task, luckily I stock up on weeks ago now Im trying to make the most of my pantry ingredients while not trying to use all my pantry ingredients. Know what I mean?
The struggle is real.
Luckily this soup calls for just a few yet pretty basic pantry ingredients beans, fire-roasted tomatoes, homemade southwest seasoning and broth. However there are a few fresh ingredients as well. And if you have frozen corn on hand, I highly suggest thawing it and charring it in a dry skillet for that extra flavor. SO good.
How To Make Chilis Southwest Chicken Soup
Not only is this southwestern chicken soup recipe amazingly delicious, but it is also so simple to throw together. In no time at all, you have perfect winter comfort in a bowl.
I love mine with fried tortilla chips on top, but if you like, you could skip the tortilla strips and serve the soup with cornbread for a hearty, comforting meal.
Also Check: Campbell’s Chicken Broccoli Casserole
More About The Ingredients
Chipotle chiles are dried smoked jalapeño peppers. Adobo is a tangy, slightly sweet red sauce. Put them together, and you have an irresistible combination.
This recipe uses white hominy. If youre not familiar with hominy, youre not likely to forget it! These big kernels of corn are puffy and chewy with a very unique flavor owing to a special processing technique.
Chilis Southwest Chicken Soup
by Stephanie Manley, Last Updated August 23, 2021
You can recreate Chilis Southwest Chicken soup at home. This is a light recipe that is perfect because its so filling and packed full of protein.
The first time I experienced this soup, I fell in love with it. I thought that since this soup was marked as a healthy option, it probably would not be so good, but I was dead wrong! This soup was chock full of flavor and spice and just overall deliciousness. Plus, it was really filling without being too heavy.
If you adore southwest flavors, youll go a bit weak at the knees for Chilis Southwestern Chicken Soup. Its a hearty meal like chili but still has that soup feeling. I love recipes that are so easy to prepare but are still packed full of flavor.
This is also a great meal that can be made ahead and frozen. You can double the recipe and have some ready in your freezer whenever you feel like warming up with some tasty soup.
Read Also: Red Potatoes And Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Serving Chilis Chicken Enchilada Soup
When the Chilis chicken enchilada soup is done, ladle it into individual bowls. Top each bowl of soup with pico de gallo, and baked tortilla strips. You can also add grated cheddar cheese or sour cream, if desired.
While I think we will agree that this is probably not the healthiest soup on the planet, it really is delicious, and tastes just like a fantastic chicken enchilada. Vvery once in awhile, thats a GOOD thing! Hope you will consider trying this recipe! Its really tasty ! Have a great day!
Others Will See How You Vote
Came here with a group of 6 on a Friday around the afternoon for lunch. We were seated promptly.A few of us decided to split 2 fajita lunch combos and a burrito. I don’t recall which burrito, maybe something labeled “fresh mex” on the menu with a giant picture on it. The burrito was quite large and overall filling and tasty. However, the fajita lunch combos were a bit disappointing. It comes with a very small bowl of soup. I’ve tried the Chicken Enchilada Soup and the SouthwestChickensoup. Both were very flavorful. The fajitas came in a small sizzling pan with with 3 warm tortillas in foil. I think it also came with white queso and pico de gallo on a separate dish. The fajitas were a bit mediocre and lacking in flavor. Overall, food was okay. I think it’s a hit or miss with some of their dishes. For some, the portion of the fajitas lunch combo might seem small, but it is less than $10 for the combo. And if I just had the fajita combo, it probably would have been just enough for me. Service was friendly and efficient.
Was this review ?
Don’t Miss: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
How To Make Southwest Chicken Soup The Recipe Method
ONE: First, set your oven to broil. Set the poblano peppers onto a lightly oiled baking sheet.
TWO: Broil them for 10-15 minutes, or until the skins puff up and char and loosen from the pepper flesh. Flip them halfway through the process to get both sides. Remove them from the oven and let them cool enough to handle.
THREE: Peel off the skins with your fingers, or use a paper towel to gently rub them off. They should remove easily. Chop up the roasted poblano peppers and set them aside.
FOR THE CHICKEN SOUP:
Heat the oil in a large pot. Rough chop the chicken so it is nice and chunky. You want bite sized pieces. Season it with 1/2 tablespoon southwest seasoning blend, then cook the chicken in the pot, stirring, until it is mostly cooked through, 5-6 minutes.
Add the onion and jalapeno pepper. Cook them down for 5 minutes to soften.
Stir in the garlic and remaining southwest seasonings and cook another minute, until you can smell that gorgeous garlic.
Stir in the roasted poblano peppers, fire roasted tomatoes, chicken broth, and chopped chicken.
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes to let the flavors develop. You can simmer longer if youd like. I often simmer for 1 hour.
Serve the chunky chicken soup in bowls and garnish with fresh chopped green onions and red pepper flakes.
Creamy Southwest Chicken Soup
A flavorful blend of spices adds big flavor to this Creamy Southwest Chicken Soup. Make use of pantry staples to create this easy, super satisfying meal.
Im writing this post today from our couch, surrounded by windows with a view out to our backyard. Every now and then I glance up to see the trees blowing in the wind and rain. This is the perfect day to be writing about this cozy Creamy Southwest Chicken Soup.
I honestly cant imagine a better or more delicious way to warm up on a day like today. This is a quick and easy recipe that utilizes fully cooked chicken and will be on your table in just over 30 minutes. Get it on your list to try the next time you pick up a rotisserie chicken or have leftover cooked chicken or turkey in your fridge.
Recommended Reading: Where Is Onion Soup Mix In Walmart
Southwestern Enchilada Chicken Soup
Very easy, flavorful soup. Low in calories. This was out of a newspaper–food section. Made in crock pot, so easy in summer.
Provided by out of here
|4 boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|2 cans chicken broth|
|4 cups water|
|1 package frozen corn|
|1 can stewed tomatoes, chopped up|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|2 cans green chilies|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1 package dry enchilada mix|
|1 package white corn tortillas|
- In a large skillet, saute the cut up chicken .
- Saute in the hot oil until lightly browned.
- Transfer to a crock pot.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Cut tortilla strips thin and fry in hot oil until browned.
- Top each bowl of soup with tortilla strips and shredded cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 373.3, Fat 8.8, SaturatedFat 1.5, Cholesterol 45.6, Sodium 948.7, Carbohydrate 49.3, Fiber 7, Sugar 6.9, Protein 28.4
To Make This Southwest Chicken Soup You Will Need:
- olive oil spray
- lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- avocado, for serving
- cilantro, for serving
- tortilla strips or chips, for serving
Into a large dutch oven add 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 chopped medium yellow onion, 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper, 1 jalapeño seeded and diced, 4 cloves minced garlic with a pinch of kosher salt. Stir and cook on medium-low heat until the vegetables are tender and onions are golden in spots. About 8 minutes.
Next, add 2 tablespoons southwest seasoning.
Toss to combine and cook 1 minute.
To the peppers and onions add 1 can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes, 2 cups shredded cooked chicken, 1 cup charred sweet corn, 1 can black beans and pinto beans.
Pour in 1 quart low-sodium chicken broth.
Lastly, add the remaining can to a mini food processor, and run until smooth. Transfer the creamy pinto beans to the soup and stir to combine.
Cover and bring the soup to a low boil. Reduce to medium low, simmering for 30 to 40 minutes.
Squeeze in the juice of 1 lime and season with kosher salt to taste.
Serve this healthy southwest chicken soup ladled into bowls and topped with sliced avocado, cilantro and tortilla strips if desired.
I like mine with extra lime juice.
Light and healthy with robust spices. Theres lots of delicious texture with nothing to feel guilty about.
Enjoy! And if you give this Healthy Southwest Chicken Soup recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on or !
Read Also: Low Sodium French Bread