What Kind Of Mushrooms To Use
I like baby bella mushrooms for this pasta because they are not too expensive and they have a nice deep color that adds a lot to the plate. You can use white button mushrooms if needed, but they do have a slightly more mild flavor. You could also use full-sized portobello mushrooms, just slice them into smaller pieces before sautéing.
Creamy Tomato Mushroom Pasta
Cream of mushroom soup is the base for the sauce in this creamy tomato mushroom pasta with diced tomatoes and kale. It is total comfort food.
This post is sponsored by Campbells® and Yummly.
Lately, I have been craving comfort in all forms.
That includes embracing leisurewear by donning soft sweatpants and cozy socks every chance I get and being in the habit of wearing a knit hat indoors.
Ive been searching online for the perfect oversized armchair, one that feels like its hugging you when youre all snuggled up in it.
Also, my heating pad has been switched on more than ever, and its not for aches and pains. Its for the warmth.
No surprise, the same can be said for my food choices.
I love anything that can be eaten in a bowl. Its even better if it involves carbs.
Pasta is my perfect version of consumable comfort.
Not only are noodles infinitely customizable, but they are also approachable and usually super easy to make.
That gives me more time to search for my dream comfy lounge chair, so I can work on finding just the right match.
At our house, any and every tomato pasta is sure to be a hit.
But I like doing different variations depending on the season and everyones mood.
Depending how you serve it, this pasta works for a weeknight meal or a weekend dinner.
Theres Not Enough Mushrooms
I insist on using a generous volume of mushrooms 300g/10oz for 2 servings. Ive noticed that many recipes tend to use far less sometimes as little as 250g/8oz to 500g/1lb of pasta .
Thats not enough mushrooms!! Mushrooms shrink so much when cooked a vast mound reduces by more than half once theyre golden brown.
I would be so sad if someone promised me a creamy mushroom pasta but I had to rummage around on my plate to find a mushroom!
Read Also: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Can I Substitute The Heavy Cream
I use heavy cream in this recipe which creates a super-rich and luscious sauce for the pasta. Because its so thick, it also helps the Parmesan to melt into the sauce without clumping. Milk, which has a much higher water content, will produce a thinner sauce and you may have difficulty getting the Parmesan to melt in instead of clumping. One way Ive gotten around this in the past is to use a combination of milk and cream cheese. The cream cheese both emulsifies the Parmesan and thickens the sauce .
Creamy Mushroom And Steak Pasta
- 10 ounces pasta
- 1 pound sirloin steak, cubed to bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 10.5 can Campbells Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic Soup
- 5 ounces Campbells Beef Broth
- ½ cup sour cream
Also Check: Oven Potatoes With Onion Soup Mix
Build Recipes Using Ingredients On Hand
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta
ORIGINAL CAFE DELITES RECIPE
- 4chicken thigh fillets,boneless skinless
- 1teaspoondried basil
- Salt and pepper,to season
- 1tablespoonolive oil,divided
- 1medium yellow onion,chopped
- 1/3cupdry white wine,
- 8ounces brown or Cremini mushrooms,sliced
- 1quart chicken broth,
- 12ounce can evaporated milk*
- Extra salt and pepper,to taste
- 10ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1cupfresh grated parmesan cheese
- A handful of fresh parsley,chopped
Recommended Reading: Keto Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
How To Make It Lite And Low In Fat
Most recipes for creamy pasta include use of heavy whipping cream which is very high in calories. You can reduce the fat and calorie count by using evaporated milk. You get the same thick creamy taste and texture sans the empty calories.
You can also use lite or fat free sour cream to make it lighter meal. If you want to avoid wine, add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice instead.
Dont forget fresh herbs. This meal is rich, and the gravy is thick, so fresh herbs helps add vibrancy and freshness to the dish. We love thyme or basil, but parsley also works.
What To Serve With Creamy Mushroom Pasta
I love pairing this creamy pasta with my creamy tomato bisque for a cafe style tasty meal.
Serve it with a colorful salad and garlic bread if you want it to be the main course. You can definitely serve this pasta as a side dish too.
Since this is rich and earthy dish, you can pair it with a glass of full bodied red wine like Malbec or Cabernet Sauvignon for a true gourmet dining.
Don’t Miss: Is Broccoli Cheddar Soup Keto Friendly
Featured In Delicious Soups To Keep You Warm This Season
Smacking with savory flavor, and creamy in texture, this soup will have you wishing for an endless winter. Its essentially composed of mushrooms, heavy cream, flour, and a few vegetables, meaning anyone can make it on short notice and with a tight budget. Serve with a crusty bread, and top with fresh parsley as desired.
Search Recipes Customized To Your Food Profile
Your subscription has expired.
- You are what you eat. What would you like to be?- Julie Murphy
- You don’t need a silver fork to eat good food.- Paul Prudhomme
- One cannot think well, love well, sleep well if one has not dined well.- Virginia Wolff
- No one is born a great cook, one learns by doing.- Julia Child
- You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food from fresh ingredients.- Julia Child
- Learn how to cook — try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless and above all have fun.- Julia Child
You May Like: Lipton Herb And Garlic Soup Mix
Video: How To Make Creamy Mushroom Pasta
One quick note: In the written recipe, we ask you to cook your mushrooms first and THEN add the garlic and onion. But in this video, youll notice we cooked the garlic and onion first! Both methods work just fine but since we shot this video, weve found we prefer to cook the mushrooms first. Cooking the mushrooms first helps them brown better without having to compete for space with onion and garlic giving them a slightly nicer texture! Were in the process of recording a new how-to video for this recipe, so stay tuned!
Tips For Cooking One Pot Pastas:
Getting one pot pasta just right can take some practice, so if you find youre having trouble, here are a few tips:
- Stir every few minutes to keep the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Replace the lid each time to prevent excessive evaporation.
- Make sure the pasta is simmering the whole time. If the liquid is not simmering, the pasta will not cook. The temperature setting needed to maintain a simmer can vary depending on your stove top and cookware.
- Use heavy cookware. Skillets and pots that are thin on the bottom dont heat evenly and do not yield good results with one pot pastas because some areas of the pot will be simmering, while other areas are not.
- Keep the lid in place at all times when not stirring. This holds in the steam and helps the pasta cook more evenly.
- Watch the pasta. One pot pastas are a little like riding a bike. You have to observe and adjust as you go. If the liquid is almost all absorbed before the pasta is tender, add a little more water. If the pasta is almost tender, but there is still a lot of liquid, allow it to simmer without a lid for the last couple of minutes.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Also Check: Soup Nation Menu
Spinach Sour Cream And Mushroom Enchiladas
This Mexican-style favorite calls for sour cream, frozen spinach, cheese, onion and, of course, cream of mushroom soup. Just mix one chopped onion with a pound of shredded Monterey jack cheese. Wrap the mixture in flour tortillas and place the tortillas in a baking dish. Top with spinach , soup and sour cream, then bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes. Soon you’ll have warm, chewy, cheesy enchiladas with a savory mushroom and spinach flavor.
You can easily add meat to this dish — ground or shredded chicken, beef and pork are all good options. Either include the cooked meat in the filling or cover the enchiladas with it before you pour on the soup. For added spice, toss some of your favorite peppers in with the cheese mixture.
What Do You Need To Make Creamy Mushroom Pasta At Home
- Butter + Oil: Were using a combination of butter and olive oil to saute the mushrooms.
- Mushrooms: You can use one variety , or you can add in a handful of shiitake and porcini to make this even more special. Its totally up to you!
- Chopped Onions: finely chopped onions are added to give this more flavor.
- Minced Garlic: What are mushrooms without garlic? You can use as little as 4 cloves and as much as 6! We often opt for 6 because we like more garlicky goodness in our food.
- Seasonings: All but one of these is a pantry staple! Youll need dried thyme, red pepper flakes, and mushroom powder. If youve made my Hungarian Mushroom Soup, you may have this ingredient on hand already. Though it is optional, I found that it elevated the dish by 1000%, so if you can find it, dont skip it!
- Bouillion: I like to use bouillon cubes for this recipe, but you can certainly swap it out for vegetable or chicken stock if you happen to have that on hand already. You can skip the water if you use prepared stock!
- Pasta: I used farfalle pasta for this recipe. You can use pasta shells or even linguine or spaghetti if youd like. Keep in mind that the cooking time will vary if you change the shape of the pasta, it may need more or less time based on the size and shape.
- Half and Half: I used half and half to keep this a bit lighter, but you can certainly use heavy cream as well if you have that on hand!
- Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grated parmesan and chopped parsley finish the dish!
Don’t Miss: Potato Soup With Frozen Hash Browns
Beef And Mushroom Lasagna
For a fun twist on an old favorite, replace the ricotta in your best lasagna recipe with a mixture of one can of cream of mushroom soup and a quarter cup of milk. It’s got more flavor than boring old ricotta cheese anyway, and is much kinder on the wallet.
Don’t have a fave lasagna recipe? No problem. To start from scratch on this dish, mix 1 pound of cooked ground beef with 2 cups of the pasta sauce of your choice. Choose a mushroom if you really want the mushroom flavor to pop. In a separate bowl, mix a can of cream of mushroom soup with a quarter cup of milk until the mixture is smooth. Using cooked lasagna noodles, create alternating layers of noodle, beef mixture and soup mixture in an 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking dish. Then top with a cup of shredded mozzarella and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
A Decadent Pasta Dinner For Now
Cozy dinners are the best dinners right now, and this one checks off all the boxes. Better still, it comes straight from the pantry. Skip the stress of grocery shopping and let a can of Campbells® Cream of Mushroom Soup a carton of Swanson® Chicken Broth join forces to do the work for you. The whole thing comes together in the Instant Pot, which means you dont have to dirty multiple pots and pans, and that dinner is ready in a flash. Its an easy, comforting meal, and its exactly what we all deserve.
Also Check: Campbell’s Tomato Soup Sloppy Joe Recipe
The 5 Best Recipes Using Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Broccoli Cheez-It CasseroleCream of mushroom soup makes an excellent sauce for casseroles, including this cracker-topped broccoli dish. .
Green Bean CasseroleNo Thanksgiving dinner would be complete without this creamy, crunchy, green bean side dish. Make it easier by using canned soup for the base of the sauce.
Cheesy Scalloped PotatoesCrispy on the top and creamy on the inside, scalloped potatoes are classic comfort food. Give them a flavorful upgrade by adding canned cream of mushroom soup to the sliced potatoes. .
Photo Modified: Flickr / / CC BY 4.0
Broccoli AlfredoGood news for fettuccine Alfredo lovers: you can make an Alfredo-inspired sauce for pasta using creamy canned soup. The soup is mixed with milk and cheese to make a quick and easy pasta sauce. .
Slow Cooked Chicken with Mushroom and Rosemary SauceThis restaurant-worthy dish has a secret ingredient: canned cream of mushroom soup. Pour it over the chicken in your slow cooker and let the dish simmer away for several hours. .
How To Make The Best One
You May Like: Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole Campbells Soup
What Goes In Creamy Mushroom Pasta
Heres what goes in my creamy mushroom pasta.
Just a note on some of the ingredients:
Mushrooms I usually prefer to use Swiss Brown / Cremini mushrooms because they have more flavour than plain white mushrooms. But on the day I filmed and photographed this recipe, button mushrooms were half price and I couldnt resist
White wine is the essential ingredient here that makes all the difference. Its used to deglaze the pan after pan frying the mushrooms until golden brown. It does not make the sauce taste winey at all, it adds flavour complexity to the otherwise simple sauce. I use this technique in many sauces, including my Creamy Mushroom Sauce for steaks etc
Parmesan is used to thicken the sauce slightly but the main purpose is to add flavour
Butter AND oil because oil can be heated to a high temperature than butter which makes it easier to make the mushrooms golden brown and avoids burnt butter and
Pasta type use any long strand pasta you want here. I have a preference for fettuccine or linguine for creamy pastas because theres more surface area for the creamy sauce to cling to!
How much pasta per person?
Did you know that the standard serving size of pasta per person is 80g / 2.8 oz? Thats the uncooked weight. Recipes that tells you to cook 500g/1lb of pasta for a serving of 4 must be catering for people with seriously big appetites!
For A Change Of Pace Try Substituting Ham Or Turkey For The Chicken
We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this articl. Creamy and comforting, that’s what these recipes with cream of mushroom soup are. Grilling meat reduces the fat because it drips out while you cook. I made up this dish years ago, and it still remains the family’s favorite healthy baked chicken recipes. Some doctors recommend pork as an alternative to beef, so when you’re trying to minimize the amount of red meat you consume each week, pork chops are a versatile meat choice that makes. Grilled chicken is easy, quick and healthy food. Then check out these 5 recipes using cream of mushroom soup. Unfortunately, far too many of us still turn our noses up at the concoction. It’s so soothing on a winter evening served with crusty french bread. Are you looking for some recipes using cream of mushroom soup? As winter sweeps into full swing, the comfort foods that define the season are also making their appearance. From green bean casserole to apple pie, hearty, warming dishes are a big part of what makes this time of year so special. It’s warm, delicious and soothes your body on cold winter days. It’s a fast weeknight meal, but the fresh mushrooms and sherry make it special enough for a weekend dinner party. For a change of pace, try substituting ham or turkey for the chicken.
Campbell’sÂ® Condensed Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup (With from i.pinimg.com
Read Also: Maggie And Mary’s Soup Mix