Dr Mcdougall’s Right Foods Vegan Split Pea Soup
- Quick, Easy, Tastes Great: Perfectly Seasoned, This Tasty Nutritious Meal Is Sure To Become A Staple For Work Or Quick Weeknight Dinners Move Over, Canned Soup You’ll Want To Clear Some Prime Pantry Space For Your New Favorite Dr Mcdougall’s Soup
- SplitPea Gluten Free Soup: Hearty And Satisfying With Fiber And 15G Of Plant Based Protein Per Container, Plus Warming Spices And Green Pea Halves, This Soup Gives Homemade A Run For Its Money Just Add Water To Turn This Soup Cup Into A Tasty Meal
- Wellness Made Easy: From Instant Noodles Like Ramen, To Simple Pour And Heat Soups Like Tomato Soup, Dr. Mcdougall’s Right Foods Is Goodness On The Go Every Meal We Make Is Always Healthy, Convenient, Vegan, Plant Based, Non Gmo And Sustainably Packaged
- Just Add Water And Serve: It Doesn’t Get Any More Convenient Than Dr. Mcdougall’s Instant Meals Add Hot Water To Cup Or Bowl And Serve For A Delicious, Satisfying Vegan Meal With No Added Oil That Supports Your Healthy, Busy Lifestyle, And Tastes Homemade
- Dr. Mcdougall: Committed To Nourishing Not Just Your Body, But The Environment As Well That’s Why All Our Paper Packaging Is From Sustainably Managed Forests And That’s Why We Make Products That Are Organic, Vegan, Plant Based, And Non Gmo Verified
The Healthiest And Unhealthiest Campbells Soups
Campbells Soups might be healthy on the outside, but watch out for the sodium.
When youre standing in front of a giant wall of Campbells Soups at the supermarket, its tricky to know which soups are healthier than others without checking each individual label. So weve done the work for you and figured out which of their soups have the most and least amount of calories, divided into each of their product categories including Condensed, Chunky, and Homestyle.
One thing that you should be on the lookout for when eating any canned soup is the sodium level, which is high across the board. Unless youre a member of the enlightened minority, chances are youre eating more than your daily allowance of sodium. In doing so, youre pretty much quickly volunteering your body for high blood pressure, which then lends itself to cardiovascular disease, which is the number one cause of death in the world, according to the American Heart Association.
Pretty heavy stuff.
If commercial soups like Campbells play a frequent role in your diet, then you need to be aware of how one serving alone may be tipping you over your sodium allowance and putting you at risk for ailments far more grave then you feeling bloated in your skinny jeans.
Recommended Reading: Creamy Corn And Poblano Soup
Organic Low Sodium Split Pea Soup
filtered water, organic green split peas, organic onions, organic celery, organic carrots, sea salt, organic basil, organic garlic, bay leaves, organic black pepper.
From the producer:
This traditional soup, made from organic split peas and veggies, gets a delicate lift in flavor from basil, garlic and bay leaf. Gluten free/dairy free/lactose free/soy free/tree nut free/vegan/kosher/plant based .
Amys began in 1987 out of a need for ready-made meals that were organic, vegetarian, and delicious. The first product was a humble pot pie, made by hand out of Amys parents home kitchen. Amys has since grown into a household name, producing over 700,000 meals a day in multiple kitchens across the country.Amys believes cooking was meant to be done by hand, so even today the burritos and enchiladas are hand-rolled, the pizza crusts and tortillas are hand-stretched, the pizza toppings are placed by hand, and the cheese is sprinkled by hand. Sauces are made from scratch, stirring in spices and vegetables, then simmering slowly for hours until the flavor is perfect.
Disclaimer: We make every effort to ensure that the product information presented on our website is accurate, but you should always consult product labels for the most accurate and up to date information. We assume no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Mama Selita’s Red Gold Jalapeno Tomato Ketchup Gluten Free No Drip Easy Squeeze 20 Ounce Bottles
- Whole Ingredients: Our Gluten Free Ketchup Is A Wholesome Condiment It Contains No Artificial Colors, Flavors, Or Preservatives, And Is Free Of The 8 Most Common Allergens.
- Sweet Heat: The Sweet And Tangy Taste Of Red Gold Ketchup With A Kick. The Addition Of Fresh Jalapenos Delivers Full-Bodied Flavor However You Use It And Contains No Fat Or Cholesterol.
- Tasty Topper: Add Jalapeno Ketchup To Just About Anything You Want To Give A Little Extra Kick Of Flavor To Eggs, French Fries, Hot Dogs, Cheeseburgers, Veggies, Chicken, Sausages, And More.
- No Mess: The Easy-Squeeze Bottle Makes One-Handed Dispensing A Breeze With No Drips Or Mess. Just Squeeze And Enjoy The Sweet Heat However You Like It.
- Made With Red Gold Quality: For Four Generations, Our Family-Owned Company Has Proudly Delivered Vine-Ripened Tomatoproducts Grown In The Usa From The Farm To Your Home.
Pressure Cook Split Pea Soup
Add in the chopped carrots and celery if you havent.
Add 1 lb green split peas and 1 ham bone or smoked pork hock.
Pour in 5 ½ cups unsalted chicken stock.
Close lid and pressure cook at
- Pressure Cooking Method: High Pressure for 15 minutes + 10 minutes Natural Release
After 10 minutes of Natural Release, carefully turn Venting Knob to the Venting position to release the remaining pressure.
Once the floating valve drops, remove the lid.
Also Check: Pillsbury Veggie Pot Pie
Campbells Healthy Request Soups Showcase Heart
23 Sep 2009 Campbell Soup Company further reduced the sodium in the already healthy line by 15 percent to 410 mg per serving with the same great taste, plus the soup labels now feature a bold green heart to underscore the many heart-health benefits.
To contact our editorial team please email us at
The Gold Standard In Organic Food Since 1987
Amys Kitchen is one of the first companies to make organic, healthy food popular and accessible. They use sustainably-harvested, organic, and non-GMO ingredients for their ready-made meals, soups, and sauces. Why? Because its not only better for people, its far kinder to our planet. Amys sources from local California farms whenever possible to support the community and keep their carbon footprint low. Plus, they were one of the first to use BPA-free, recyclable aluminum cans for their products. These common practices are only common because of Amys. In fact, the USDA looked to Amys when they were setting organic and environmental standards.
One of the first companies to use recyclable cans without BPA lining, you might say Amys is the gold standard in sustainable packaging.
The ingredients in Amys products are sourced from local organic farms when possible. Their meals are always vegetarian because eating and farming meat has major environmental consequences.
- Certified B Corp
Also Check: Hamburgers With French Onion Soup Mix
Light In Sodium Soups: Chunky Tomato Bisque And Minestrone
It seems like its been a long time since we reviewed products from Amys. I spotted a new item in the freezer case and spent a few minutes trying to find another meal we hadnt reviewed, until I saw the sodium level in the one Id picked up: their new Thai Red Curry bowl has 780 milligrams of sodium. Nope. Thats way more salt than a 420-calorie lunch meal should have. I put it back, then it occurred to me that perhaps there were Amys soups that we hadnt reviewed.
The soup section of the store yielded far more reasonable results: todays soups, from their Light in Sodium line, have less than 350 milligrams of sodium per serving. As usual, a single can of soup is labeled to be 2 servings, but you and I know this is just silly: nobodys going to eat only half the can of soup.
The tasting panel opted to try the Chunky Tomato Bisque first. On first sip, this is an excellent soup: it has a bright red color and bright tomato flavor, with a hint of onion and chunks of tomato for texture. The addition of just enough cream to this soup does little more than add richness and cut the acidity of the tomato base. With all the tomato flavor, its clear that theres plenty of salt in this soup, and at 130 calories, 340 milligrams of sodium, and 3 grams of fiber , we were all set to give this a thumbs up.
What Happens If Amys Organic Soups Organic Lentil Vegetable Soup Light In Sodium Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Dont Replace: For items youd rather not replace, choose Dont replace to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Don’t Miss: Potatoes Onion Soup Mix Recipe
Healthiest Bone Broth: Pacific Organic Chicken Bone Broth
Sipping on bone broth is a great way to heal your gut. After animal bones are simmered in water, their collagen turns into a rich broth full of gelatin. When we ingest it, it acts as an intestinal Band-Aid, protecting and healing the lining of the digestive tract which aids digestion and helps us absorb extra nutrients from the foods we eat, explains nutritionist Lauren Slayton, MS, RD. Besides the fact that Pacifics bone broth is lower in calories and sodium than that of Kitchen Basics, we also like their addition of cider vinegar to the brothwhich Slayton also recommends. Apple cider vinegar is another ingredient that will further improve your digestion thanks to it containing active enzymes.
Read Also: Campbells Chunky Soup Walmart
Amy’s Soup Vegan Gluten Free Organic Split Pea Low Fat 141 Ounce
* Our Top 3 Picks of andersen s split pea soup 15 ounc is based on our tracking system on product features, online popularity, price, brand reputation, and other expert reviews. Hope to match you here. If none, the following products recommendations and the related top 18 advices you might be interested.
Read Also: Campbell Soup Sloppy Joe Recipe
Pacific Foods Organic Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup Light In Sodium
Sodium content: 330 mg per 1-cup serving
Pacific foods soups are all organic, with as many ingredients being sourced as locally as possible. Their organic roasted red pepper and tomato soup light in sodium provides 330 milligrams of sodium per serving and is naturally packed with an antioxidant called lycopene. This antioxidant naturally occurs in tomatoes and has been found to support heart health.
Best Soup On The Go: Campbells Healthy Request Chicken & Mini Round Noodles Soup
If youre grabbing a cup to go, use Campbells Healthy Request label as your go-to guide. This series of soup choices differs in that theyre lower in blood-pressure-raising sodium. Saving 570 mg of sodiumor about 25 percent of your daily recommended intake of sodiumis definitely worth the extra gram of sugar Campbells adds to make up for lost flavor .
You May Like: Chicken Rice Vegetable Casserole Campbell’s
Dr Mcdougall’s Right Foods Organic Lentil Vegetable W/ Kale Vegan Soup 18 Ounce Gluten
- Quick, Easy, Tastes Great: Perfectly Seasoned, This Tasty Nutritious Meal Is Sure To Become A Staple For Work Or Quick Weeknight Dinners. Move Over, Canned Soup You’ll Want To Clear Some Prime Pantry Space For Your New Favorite Dr Mcdougall’s Soup.
- Organic Lentil Soup: With Only 130 Calories, Each Low Fat, Filling Serving Of This Organic Lentil Soup With Vegetables Provides 8G Of Plant Based Protein And 10G Of Fiber. Perfectly Seasoned, This Soup Is A Ready-To-Serve, Satisfying Meal.
- Just Pour, Heat, And Serve: It Doesn’t Get Any More Convenient Than Dr Mcdougall’s Soups! Our Soup Is Ready To Go All You Need To Do Is Heat It Up In A Sauce Pan And Serve For A Delicious, Vegan Instant Meal That Supports Your Healthy, Busy Lifestyle.
- Dr. Mcdougall’s Is Committed To Nourishing Not Just Your Body, But The Environment As Well. That’s Why All Our Paper Packaging Is From Sustainably Managed Forests And That’s Why We Make Products That Are Organic, Vegan, Plant-Based, And Non-Gmo Verified.
- Delicious Wellness Made Easy: From Instant Noodles Like Ramen, To Simple Pour-And-Heat Soups Like Tomato Soup, Dr Mcdougall’s Right Foods Is Goodness On The Go. Every Meal We Make Is Always Healthy, Convenient, Vegan, Plant-Based & Sustainably Packaged.
Healthy Request Chicken Noodle Soup Microwavable Bowl
|About 2 Servings Per Container|
|Amount per serving|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|
IngredientsChicken Stock, Water, Enriched Egg Noodles , Chicken Meat, Carrots, Contains Less Than 2% Of: Modified Food Starch, Chicken Fat, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Water, Flavoring, Yeast Extract, Dehydrated Chicken, Sugar, Vegetable Oil, Beta Carotene For Color, Soy Protein Isolate, Sodium Phosphate, Lactic Acid, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Onion Extract, Garlic Extract.
Read Also: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Organic Split Pea Soup / Pois Casss Biologiques
This traditional soup, made from organic split peas and veggies, gets a delicate lift in flavour from basil, garlic and bay leaf. Gluten free/dairy free/soy free/lactose free/corn free/tree nut free/vegan/kosher/plant based Le goût de cette soupe traditionnelle, faite de pois cassés et de légumes biologiques, est légèrement relevé avec un soupçon de basilic, dail et de laurier. Sans gluten/sans produits laitiers/sans soja/sans lactose/sans maïs/sans noix/végétalien/casher/à base de plantes
UPC Code 042272-905058
Recommended Reading: Roasted Corn And Poblano Soup
Keep In Mind The Amount Of Sodium Per Serving
There are many soups labeled as low sodium,reduced sodium and light in sodium. According to the Food and Drug Administration, products that can carry an official low-sodium label should have less than 140 milligrams of sodium per serving.
The reduced sodium label means that the products contain at least 25 percent less sodium than the regular versions. And the light in sodium designation indicates that the products have 50 percent less sodium compared to what the regular products have.
So, its important to check the nutrition facts for the actual sodium content per serving to ensure that it meets your dietary needs. When it comes to canned soups, its not easy to find ones that meet the definition of low-sodium set by the FDA.
For the sake of this article, we are defining low-sodium as being under 500 milligrams per serving. Consult with your doctor to find out exactly how much sodium you should include in your diet. You may need to avoid sodium in your other meals or have a smaller portion of the soup to meet your daily goals.
Health Valley Chicken And Rice Soup No Added Salt
Sodium content: 85 mg per 1-cup serving
Nothing hits the spot like a warm bowl of chicken and rice soup when feeling under the weather. Unfortunately, many canned options can provide more than half of the recommended sodium intake for the day! Health Valley Chicken and Rice Soup No Added Salt provides only 85 milligrams of sodium per serving and is certified by the American Heart Association.
Choosing a protein source like chicken is recommended by experts when taking care of your heart health. This chicken and rice soup makes it easy to comply with expert recommendations in a convenient and nourishing way.
Sodium content: 290 mg per cup serving
Using nutritional yeast instead of salt for flavor results in a delicious soup that is under 300 mg sodium per serving. This soup is frozen instead of canned, so the veggies taste fresh and are not as mushy as canned tends to be.
When it comes to vegetables, leeks are a dietitians favorite when it comes to heart health due to the potential for reducing the risk of developing heart disease or experiencing stroke. While this soup already contains a good amount of real leeks, feel free to add more yourself!
Split Pea Soup Ingredients
- Green split peas no need to soak them first, but make sure you do sift through them and remove any stones, rinse and drain.
- Ham hocks if youve got a leftover meaty ham bone from a spiral ham you served for holiday dinner, this is the perfect home for it! If not, no worries at all. This recipe is written using ham hocks, which are great, too.
- Mirepoix + Garlic the trio of onion, celery, and carrots, plus garlic, which is the base of the soup.
- Chicken broth I use low sodium broth so I have control over how salty the soup is. You can also do a 50/50 ratio of broth and water to cut back on calories, but its more flavorful when using all broth.
- Extra-virgin olive oil used for sautéing the vegetables. You could also use butter or a combination.
- Seasonings fresh thyme, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
- For finishing I add a splash of lemon juice at the end for a little zing, croutons for crunch, and fresh chopped parsley for color.
Dont Miss: Lipton Soup Pot Roast Recipe
Read Also: Pea Soup Inn
Parks And Nash Tuscan Vegetable Bone Broth Soup
Sodium content: 390 mg per 1-cup serving
This bone broth-based soup provides under 400 mg of sodium per serving, thanks to the chef-created recipe that uses real vegetables for flavor. Although not canned, it is a shelf-stable, convenient, and rich solution when you need a quick cup of filling soup in the middle of a busy day. Simply add water to the soup powder and heat in the microwave for two minutes to enjoy a rich soup that provides 20 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber to help keep you fueled and satisfied throughout the day.
Sodium content: 170 mg per 1-cup serving
Another non-canned option that is delivered right to your door, this soup is under 200 mg of sodium per serving and is ready to serve after heating. It is loaded with real pumpkin and butternut squash, two vegetables that help support heart health. In one study published in Scientific Reports, eating one additional yellow-orange vegetable resulted in a 23 percent heart disease risk in a certain population.
Dont Miss: Red Potatoes And Lipton Onion Soup Mix