Ww Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup
This Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is a lightened up version of Panera’s Chicken and Wild Rice Soup-perfect for a chilly day!
- 1 Tbsp Land o’ Lakes light butter made with canola oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups or 4 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 cans or 43.5 oz reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups skinless, boneless chicken or rotisserie chicken with no skin, cooked and diced
- 1 box Long Grain & Wild Rice with seasoning packet
- 1 cup fat free half and half
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme or 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary or 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
Can You Freeze This Campbells Chicken And Rice
This wont freeze very well due to texture issues with the rice. Its so fast to make and tastes so good fresh, theres no need to bother with freezing it!
If you have a portion of leftovers that you want to freeze, allow this creamy chicken and rice to cool and put it in a well-sealed freezer container.
Youll likely need to add some moisture when you reheat it, and the rice will probably be mushy. However, itll still taste yummy.
Campbells Chicken And Rice Recipe Notes
- Food Handling: A reminder to handle raw chicken appropriately and disinfect hands and cooking utensils properly.
- Stirring in the soup: Using a fork or a whisk, I mix just the soup and water together first until the soup is diluted. Then, add the rice and the spices and stir them until theyre well distributed.
- The foil: make sure you have a tight seal with the foil. The chicken will put quite a bit of moisture into the mix as it cooks and adds delicious flavor, so make sure you get the foil back on tightly after adding the chicken. Use oven mitts to fold the foil around the hot pan.
- Spices: This old school chicken and rice casserole is not overly spiced. If you want to add a bit of heat, consider some crushed red pepper. A pinch of garlic, cumin, or rosemary are all good options as well.
You May Like: Olive Garden Unlimited Soup Salad And Breadsticks
What Happens If Campbell’s Well Yes Well Yes Roasted Chicken With Wild Rice Soup Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Live Well Eat Bright Well Yes
Made with purposeful, nutritious ingredients, Well Yes! offers a variety of convenient and delicious soups that prove eating brighter and smarter doesnât have to mean sacrificing amazing taste. From Tomato & Sweet Basil to Roasted Chicken with Rice to Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato, Well Yes! soups are conveniently packaged in cans, sipping cups, and microwavable bowls so you can feel good about your daily routine. So don’t settle for less when it comes to living wellâgo ahead, say Yes!, and live deliciously.
Also Check: Lipton French Onion Pot Roast
Servings: Makes 8 Servings
GREEN: 5 SmartPoint per serving
BLUE: 4 SmartPoints per serving
PURPLE: 4 SmartPoints per serving
Say Yes To The Good Stuff
Positive, Delicious & Convenient Nutrition
You can feel good about eating Well Yes! canned soup, crafted with carefully chosen ingredients, without sacrificing great flavor.
Veggie Nutrition On the Go
Well Yes! Sipping Soups are crafted to provide delicious, sippable veggie nutrition anytime, anywhere.
POWERful and Delicious
Well Yes! POWER Soup bowls are crafted with protein, fiber, and veggies for a delicious and nutritious soup in the palm of your hand.
Recommended Reading: Easy Potato Soup With Frozen Hash Browns
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make This Creamy Chicken And Wild Rice Soup
- Light butter- I use Land o Lakes light butter made with canola oil
- Onion- diced
- Skinless, boneless chicken or rotisserie chicken with no skin-cooked and diced
- Long Grain & Wild Rice with seasoning packet I like to use Uncle Bens
- Fat free half and half- I use Land O Lakes fat free half and half
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Dried thyme or fresh thyme
- Dried or fresh rosemary
Read Also: Chicken Soup Shark Tank
How Do I Make This Creamy Chicken And Wild Rice Soup
For this soup you will need cooked skinless, boneless chicken. You can use the leftover cooked chicken that you may already have in your fridge or freezer. You may also use store bought rotisserie chicken for this soup.
If you dont have cooked chicken-you can cook two chicken breasts in your crockpot with a little chicken broth and cook on low for 3 hours.
In large Dutch oven or pot, melt light butter.
Add onions, celery and carrots on medium low heat.
Sauté vegetables for 10 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
Pour in chicken broth and the rice seasoning packet.
Add garlic and dry seasonings.
Pour in rice.
Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and 1 cup half and half with 1/2 cup flour until smooth.
Pour cream and flour mixture into soup.
Whisk until well combined.
Stir in diced or shredded cooked or rotisserie chicken.
Cook on low for 10 minutes or until rice is soft and soup has thickened.
Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
Store leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Makes 8 servings
Campbells Chicken And Rice
Campbells chicken and rice is one of my go-to chicken casserole recipes for busy weeknights. It assembles in a handful of minutes with no fuss and ingredients straight from the pantry. Youll love how quickly and easily youll get dinner on the table with this recipe.
I adore chicken and rice recipes. Theyre comforting and wholesome and my entire family loves them! So, of course, I make them often and have quite a few versions to mix things up a bit!
This is the easiest one I make! Its a great recipe to add to your dinner rotation. One of the best parts of this recipe is a one-pan meal!
Like all good chicken recipes such as instant pot chicken and rice and chicken broccoli rice casserole, this is a versatile recipe. You can add your own twist on it by adding veggies or cheese to customize it for your family.
Lets make some dinner!
Read Also: Carbs In Lipton Onion Soup Mix