Adding The Remaining Ingredients
Can I Make Chicken Soup In An Instant Pot
Yes, the instant pot is also another important tool to have in your kitchen if you are interested in making meals the easy way.
Once you get the keto chicken soup ingredients into it they will cook up pretty quick in the instant pot.
Here are some step by step instructions to help you:
Does Chicken Broth Kick You Out Of Keto
Chicken broth is generally low in carbs so it will not kick you out of keto. Just a hint, read the label just to make sure before buying it in case there are any additional ingredients that are not keto-friendly.
You can also make your own broth naturally by cooking your own chicken in the pot. By simmering it for a couple hours, you will be starting off your soup with a lot of flavor.
Also Check: Best Soup For Kidney Disease
Keto Chicken Soup With Cream
- Place your pressure cooker over high heat.
- Add the butter, onion and celery and saute until the onion turns translucent.
- Add the chicken, salt, pepper and chicken stock and stir well.
- Place the lid on the cooker, pressurize and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 1 hour.
- Turn off the heat and leave the pressure cooker to depressurize for 15 minutes before removing the lid.
- Use a metal spoon to press the chicken against the sides of the pot to shred the meat.
- Place the pot over low heat and add the cream.
- Sprinkle the xanthan gum over the simmering soup and whisk for 5 minutes to ensure there are no lumps.
- Remove from the heat and serve topped with the chives.
Keto Creamy Chicken No Canned Soup
This baked keto creamy chicken recipe is a low carb version of one my moms old recipes. Its chicken baked in a creamy parmesan sauce that is rich and delicious and doesnt use canned cream of chicken soup! Each serving has just 1.6g net carbs.
You might also like these low carb creamy savory crepes.
Did your mom make a lot of recipes using canned soup? My mom made a few and it was some of my favorite comfort meals. Today I needed some dinner ideas and remembered a recipe of hers.
I made this baked keto creamy chicken recipe but omitted the canned soup to make it low carb. Essentially I made a keto cream of chicken soup and baked chicken with that and some Parmesan cheese. Its so full of flavor and really good low carb comfort food.
This was a big hit with my family even though they are not on a low carb diet. And it super easy to make so it goes on my meal plan for an easy weeknight dinner.
Also Check: Roast Beef Cream Of Mushroom
How To Make Keto Chicken Soup Instant Pot & Pressure Cooker Instructions
How To Make Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup
- For a more tangy soup, replace 1/4 cup of the heavy cream with additional sour cream or cream cheese.
- If you would like a thicker soup, quickly whisk in 1/8-1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum with the cream.
- Like things spicy? Add some red pepper flakes or a splash of hot sauce. You can also top it with pepper jack cheese instead of cheddar.
- If you cant find rotel, you can substitute a 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes, a 4 ounce can of diced green chilies, and a tablespoon of dry minced onion. Just be aware that the carb count will change.
- This soup is also tasty with a splash of fresh lime juice added just before serving.
Recommended Reading: Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix Recipes
Creamy Keto Chicken Soup
Im such a fan of this soup. Its creamy and rich and so nourishing. It comes together in only a very short time yet is impressive enough to serve as a dinner party starter. By including generous amounts of shredded poached chicken, this soup is such a satisfying meal and is perfect on a chilly day. Try placing it in a thermos for a hot lunch.
It might be that it’s the winter season where I live or just the fact that I love soups, whatever it is, you’re going to want to make this deliciousness! Top with crispy bacon or prosciutto and you’ll be licking the bowl. Even kids will love this creamy bowl! My delicious savory cheddar biscotti will be perfect on the side!
Keto Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
There are lots of healthy and easy keto-friendly noodle substitutes you can use in this soup. I used fettucini-style Miracle noodles. They are made from konjac flour and only have 1g net carb per serving.
Other low-carb noodles you could use instead include either zucchini noodles or palmini noodles. Spaghetti Squash could possibly work, but Im not a fan of using it in soup.
This is also a delightful soup to enjoy later in the week as part of your meal prep. Store it in an airtight container that wont spill. I like to use mason jars to store my soups because it seals the best. This soup will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keto Chicken Cream Cheese Soup
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using our links.
This keto chicken cream cheese soup is a perfect soup base. Save this recipe, you can use it to make a bunch of other types of soup.
Use A Good Chicken Stock
Its important to use good chicken stock when making your keto chicken soup because the better the stock, the tastier the soup will be. There are a few brands that you can buy either in your store or online.
We like to use College Inn stock or broth, which always is consistently good tasting and sometimes on sale at our store. It is also gluten free which not all broths or stock are not, so if that is a concern then be careful to read the labels.
There is also chicken bone broth. We buy the Kettle and Fire brand. It is made from organic free range chicken bones that are slow simmered for 14 hours, is also gluten free and is high in protein, 10 grams in 1 cup.
Read Also: Is Lipton Onion Soup Gluten Free
Can It Be Made In An Instant Pot
For most of us, winter is about slow-cooked soup in a crockpot and a house filled with that cozy smell of the soup. Nothing can beat a Chicken soup made in a crockpot.
But you know what, I love my Instant Pot equally. It is such a time savior. This soup is such a favorite at home, and readers have even made it in Instant pot.
The soup is as good as the slow cooker version, and it takes only 15 minutes from start to end the best part is you can also throw in the frozen chicken breast if you haven’t planned to thaw it earlier.
The recipe below includes detailed instructions and a video to make this soup in an Instant Pot.
What Ingredients Are In Keto Chicken Soup
- Chicken Any type of chicken is good for this keto chicken soup recipe. It can be white meat, or dark meat, raw or precooked.
- Olive oil To lightly saute the veggies. It will also add some nice rich flavor and a healthy fat to the chicken soup.
- Celery A must in chicken soup, and use the leaves too.
- Onions Also a must to use onions in your low carb chicken soup. Any type of onion will work well.
- Carrots Even though carrots have some carbs in them, just add a couple of them and the flavor that comes from them is essential in soups.
- Garlic Fresh is always best but you can also use chopped garlic in a jar.
- Salt Essential to use as a flavor enhancer unless you are not able to eat salt.
- Thyme A good spice for a lot of chicken dishes. It comes in a powder form.
- Bay Leaves Just one or two is enough to give your low carb chicken soup a real good flavor. When the soup is done cooking, just pull out the bay leaves and throw them away.
- Chicken Stock It makes flavorful and tasty broth. You can also use broth if you dont have stock.
- Spinach Fresh baby spinach leaves.
Read Also: Andersen’s Split Pea Soup Buellton
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Its extremely easy to make in under 30 minutes, so its perfect if you are terribly busy.
- Perfect for meal prep as it stays fresh for up 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Super filling and delicious
If youre like me and dont have hours daily to spend in the kitchen this recipe is for you.
Chicken soup is a great mood booster while being super nutritious, comforting, the perfect keto soup when sick.
This soup recipe is naturally keto-friendly and low in carbs. If you want to know how to make a creamy chicken soup that needs only common ingredients, and its ready in under 30 minutes, you have to try this recipe.
Other Ways To Make Keto Chicken Soup
This recipe shows you how to make chicken soup on the stove top. But it can also be made in a variety of other ways too.
- Slow Cooker: Combine all the ingredients in a Crock-Pot. Turn it on low heat and cook for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
- In the Oven: Put all the ingredients in a Dutch oven and cover it. Bake at 350°F for about an hour, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Instant Pot: How you use the Instant Pot will depend on whether your chicken is pre-cooked or not. If you use pre-cooked chicken, simply add all the ingredients to the pot. Secure the lid and manually cook for about 5 minutes. If the vegetables still arent tender enough, cook for another 5 minutes.
How To Make Crack Chicken Soup
Tasty and creamy soup, it will have you drooling while simmering away in that pot.
This Recipe Is Written For An Instant Pot But Can Be Made On The Stove As Well As Usual Understand That I Am Not A Chef Or A Professional Cook I Am A Mom So If This Isnt Written Properlywell It Is What It Is
Watch video above for visual instructions
- TURN INSTANT POT ON SAUTE SETTING
- ADD 2 TBSP OF BUTTER AND ALLOW IT TO MELT
- ADD 1 CUP OF ONION CHOPPED
- ADD 4 CLOVES OF GARLIC CHOPPED
- SAUTE ONIONS AND GARLIC IN BUTTER
- ADD 16 OZ OF CREAM CHEESE
- ADD 1 CUP OF HEAVY CREAM
- ALLOW EVERYTHING TO MELT WELL WHILE STIRRING THE WHOLE TIME
- ADD 1 LB OF BONE BROTH USE WHATEVER BONE BROTH YOU LIKE TURN SAUTE SETTING BACK ON
- 1-2 TSP OF SALT
- FRESH GROUND PEPPER TO TASTE
- ALLOW LIQUID TO WARM BACK
- ADD 1 CUP OF CHOPPED CILANTRO
- ADD 8 OZ OF SHREDDED CABBAGE
- ADD 4 LBS OF CHICKEN THIGHS or WHATEVER CUT YOU PREFER
- PUSH CHICKEN DOWN INTO BROTH SO THAT ALL THE MEAT IS COVERED.
- SET INSTANT POT PUT ON LID & TURN VALVE TO SEAL, USE THE SOUP SETTING WHICH WILL BE A 30 MIN PRESSURE COOK, THEN ALLOW FOR A 30 MIN SLOW RELEASE.
You May Like: Lipton Onion Roast
A Keto Chicken Soup For The Soul
Today were making one of my all time favourite soups, the cream of chicken soup also known as the perfect Keto chicken soup. Its creamy, chicken-y and delicious. Its great as a meal itself and its high in fats and taste. Will definitely help you hit your fat macros. If you are looking for more soup recipes try our Asian style keto seafood soup or our incredible cream of mushroom soup. Cheers!
This recipe makes 4 serving. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
- 500mlChicken stockI recommend this
- 100mlHeavy Cream/Double Cream
- 1Spring Onion
- 10gramsCelery Leaves or Parsley
- 3Cloves Garlic
How Many Carbs Are In Chicken Soup
There are only 5.1 NET Carbs per cup of our ketogenic chicken soup. That is a big difference from other homemade chicken soups that have pasta or rice in them.
I looked up a lot of chicken soup recipes and the average NET Carbs ranged from 10-37 per cup of soup. That is a big difference when you are strictly counting daily carbs.
Also Check: Onion Soup Mix Mashed Potatoes
You May Like: Campbell’s Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Where The Best Keto
Hint: its not from a store its from your house! Yes, Im talking about homemade soup and stocks. Making soup , is easy. Dont be afraid to make your own vegetable or meat-based stock if youre looking for ways to reduce the sodium, sugar, and carb content of store-bought soups, then this is your answer. By knowing exactly what youre putting in, there is nowhere for those pesky carbs and preservatives to hide.
Here are 31 keto-friendly soup recipes from the team over at Bulletproof.com. If youre looking for inspiration, then look no further! Theyve got recipes for Lamb & Herb Bone Broth, Creamy Keto Chicken Soup, and much more.
Some people on keto even go as far as to make their own zucchini noodles for soup. While you dont have to go that far, Im sure its delicious. Youve got options! Or as they say, the world is your vegetable beef?
About the author
Recommended Reading: Anderson Split Pea Soup Where To Buy
Moderate Amount Of Net Carbs
Cream of Chicken Soup contains 7.14g of net carbs per 100g serving. You need to be mindful of its serving size because it has a fair amount of carbs.
It is important to limit its consumption so you won’t exceed the 20g – 30g daily net carb limit.
Don’t Miss: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Roasted Potatoes