Amazoncom: Gluten Free Onion Soup Mix
Add 1-1/4 cup of soup mix and stir 30 seconds, add 6 cups of beef broth and ½ cup of apple juice or apple cider and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook on low about 25 minutes. Makes 4-5 cups of soup. To make a spectacular onion dip for fresh veggies or chips simply stir1 tablespoon of onion soup mix into 1/2 cup of low fat sour cream.
Onion Soup Mix packets! When I was a kid, I used to come home from school and make those onion soup packets into soup and eat that as my after-school snack. Weird, I know! Of course, I cant eat those packets anymore because they have beef in them. I love that this version is vegetarian and gluten-free.
1 day agoSalt and pepper potatoes. Put potatoes, oil and soup in ziplock bag. Shake to … uncovered in oven for 45 minutes at 400 degrees. Stir occasionally.
Copycat Lipton’s Onion Soup Mix
Make and share this Copycat Lipton’s Onion Soup Mix recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Millereg
Yield 19 tablespoons, approximately, 4 serving
Number Of Ingredients 5
|3/4 cup instant minced onion|
|1/3 cup beef bouillon powder|
|4 teaspoons onion powder|
|1/4 teaspoon crushed celery seed|
|1/4 teaspoon sugar|
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- About 5 tablespoons of mix are equal to 1 1¼-ounce package.
- To make onion dip: Mix 5 tablespoons with one pint of sour cream.
Just Like Lipton’s Onion Soup Mix
While not specifically labeled gluten-free, the onion soup mix from Lipton has been considered gluten-free for many years. Recently, the product ingredients changed and the mix now contains barley.
Both Lipton’s Recipe Secrets Onion and Vegetable soup mixes now list autolyzed yeast extract made from barley. A consumer representative said this is a change in the formulation. Lipton has a policy of always listing any potentially gluten-containing ingredient on its labels.
Don’t Miss: Nutrition Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Why Should I Make My Own Spice Mixes
As someone who cannot eat gluten, I learned that many spice blends and flavoring mixes contain gluten.
Making your own mixes allows you to control everything that goes in, so you’ll know that it’s safe for you and your family to eat, and that kind of peace of mind is priceless.
Speaking of price, making your own spice and soup mixes will save you money too. The markup on pre-mixed spices is can be significant.
Ingredients Used To Make The Best French Onion Soup Mix:
1. Wildly Organic Onion FlakesThese dried onion flakes are made from organic onions and are the main ingredient in the French Onion mix.
2. Wildly Organic Onion GranulesThese organic onion granules areused to enhance the onion flavor in the mix.
3. Wildly Organic Garlic GranulesMade from dehydrated minced organic garlic. While some brands add garlic oil or garlic flavor to enhance the garlic taste, Wildly Organic garlic granules are made only from organic garlic. They add a delicious flavor to the onion mix.
4. Wildly Organic Black PepperMade from organic coarse black pepper. Combined with the other spices, it lends a satisfying heat to the mix.
5.Wildly Organic Dried ParsleyMade from organic parsley. The parsley balances the soup out by providing a bright cooling flavor to the mix.
6. Wildly Organic Himalayan Pink SaltRaw unrefined Himalayan salt is the perfect addition to the French onion mix. It naturally contains minerals that your body needs, while enhancing the delicious flavor of all the other ingredients.
7. Wildly Organic PaprikaProvides a warm and very mild, spicy flavor to the mix.
To make the mix, you only need the ingredients mentioned above and a jar, to mix and store the soup mix. After shaking the jar really well, you can make a delicious French Onion Soup or you can add the mix to some sour cream to make French Onion Dip. You can find directions below on how to make an easy and delicious French Onion Soup.
Read Also: Olive Garden Endless Soup And Salad
The Skinny On Slow Cooker Beefy French Onion Soup
Softening the onions and browning the meat and mushrooms in a skillet before tossing it into your crock pot adds a lot of extra color and flavor.
But, if it seems like too much effort, skip it and this skinny beefy french onion soup will still taste great.
Healthy French Onion Soup
Enjoying French onion soup at home became so much easier when I learned the secret to no more burnt hands trying to maneuver bowls of hot soup in and out of the broiler.
Make the cheesy toasty bread separately by toasting the cheese-topped bread under the broiler and then float it on top of the soup, instead of attempting to broil it all together in the oven!
Broiled Cheesy Toast for Topping French Onion Soup
According to my calculations, each serving of this French Onion Soup has about 330 calories and:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my or other , I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Additional Copycat Onion Soup Mix Tips
- If you use this recipe for instant soup, usehomemade stock or beef broth instead of beef bouillon and avoid the too-much-salt situation entirely.
- To make this dry mix vegetarian or vegan, substitute vegetable bouillon instead of beef.
- One ¼ cup serving is the equivalent to one envelope of dry onion soup mix.
- This recipe is a bigger batch. Not massive, but youll get at least 3 servings out of it.
- I like to make a big batch and store it in the spice cabinet in a re-purposed jar. Then I scoop out 4 Tablespoons for whatever recipe Im making .
Don’t Miss: Aldi Cream Of Chicken Soup
Dried Spices And Sour Cream
All you need to make your own chip dip are a few dried spices and such from your pantry and a container of sour cream! We are not going the caramelized onion route here, we are going the quick and easy route! The results are honestly quite delicious and will rival those dips from the store.
- Dried Minced Onion: This is not the same as onion powder. They look like little flakes of onion, in fact, sometimes they are called onion flakes! They can also be called chopped onions. Find them in the spice aisle.
- Onion powder: We need that too!
- Dried parsley: For a hint of color!
- Sugar: Just a touch
- Kosher salt & black pepper
- Sour Cream
These dried ingredients when you add them up, basically make a gluten-free onion soup mix. While I would not and have not tried using it to make actual soup, it sure makes a great dip!
How To Make Homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix:
Measure all of the ingredients into a bowl or a lidded container.
Mix together well. Use as a substitute for a 1-ounce envelope of dry onion soup mix.
You could certainly make extra and pop it into an old container to use for later!
To make soup: Place this mix into medium saucepan. Stir in 4 cups water and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Makes about 3 ½ cups.
To make onion dip: Combine this mix with 1 container sour cream.
USE YOUR NEW HOMEMADE ONION SOUP MIX IN THESE RECIPES:
You May Like: Msg Free Onion Soup Mix
A Homemade Version Of This Popular Pantry Staple Is Easy And Economical To Make For Convenient Use Whenever Needed A Single Recipe Makes 4 Packets
Homemade versions of store-bought staples can be really useful. Sometimes, the DIY version is healthier, cheaper, and/or allows you to swap out off-limits ingredients. Most times, they taste better, too.
This copycat version of the well-known onion soup packets is something I often use in a super-easy, fall-apart-tender recipe for chuck roast. The sodium content will be better than with the name brand packet, but bouillon is still high in sodium. Keep in mind that the following recipe makes the equivalent of 4-1/2 packets. There are sodium-free beef bouillon options if this is a concernorganic options exist as well.
So if you have recipes tucked away for meatloaf, French onion dip, or your moms classic chicken and rice casserole that call for these pre-made packets, this might be reason to revisit them.
Gluten Free French Onion Soup
Gluten Free French Onion Soup is a cinch to make at home! All you need is a little bit of time, plus fridge and pantry staples.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Although the temperatures around here are stuck in the mid-80s for the foreseeable future, life is feeling decidedly, deliciously fall. We have two mini pumpkins the little boys picked out at the pumpkin patch awkwardly sitting on the counter, as one boy is too young to play with his, the other doesnt know what to do with it outside of the patch, and Mama didnt have the foresight to pick up a few more to create a cute arrangement on the kitchen table. Darn it! I have the perfect wooden bowl for it too
Lincoln started a fall soccer league this week and oh my gosh is there anything funnier than a pack of 3-6 year olds chasing after soccer balls? The answer is only this baby goat pajama party!
Finally, college football is back YES! The only time of year I dont feel bad about not leaving the house on a Saturday is during college football season when theres games to watch, friends and family to have over, and something hot and cozy like gluten-free French Onion Soup simmering on the stove.
Schars Gluten-Free 10 Grains & Seeds bread is thickly sliced and full of whole grains and seeds including quinoa seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, and chia seeds. Not only is this bread gluten and wheat-free, but its egg, dairy and preservative-free too! Click here for a $2 off coupon.
Read Also: French Onion Soup Roast
How To Use Dry Onion Soup Mix
This seasoning blend is extremely versatile and can be used to add flavor to so many dishes. I love using for a traditional French Onion Chip Dip or to season roasts, but there are so many creative ways to put this mix to use. Here is a bit of inspiration for you.
- Add a tablespoon or two to rice while cooking for incredible flavor, much like a rice pilaf.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons to pot roast in addition to other seasonings for additional flavor.
- Add 2 tablespoons to & frac13 cup olive oil mixed with ¼ cup red wine vinegar and use as a marinades for meats or vegetables before grilling/roasting.
- Add 1 tablespoon to meatloaf mixture before baking.
- Toss with cubed potatoes before roasting or pan frying for a delicious coating of flavor.
Does Lipton Onion Soup Mix Contain Gluten
Onion Soup MixLipton Onion Souponion soup is gluten
. People also ask, does dry onion soup mix contain gluten?
Both Lipton’s Recipe Secrets Onion andVegetable soup mixes now list autolyzed yeast extract madefrom barley. But the consumer representative said the onionsoup is estimated to contain only 0.09 parts per millionof gluten and the vegetable only 0.04 ppm.
Also, what soups are gluten free? Here are all of Amy’s Kitchen soups that are glutenfree:
- organic light in sodium cream of tomato soup.
- organic chunky vegetable soup.
Recommended Reading: Lipton Soup Mix Roasted Potatoes
Other Spices And Seasonings Recipes
Ive really gotten into making my own homemade seasonings lately. I find that its so much cheaper in the long run than buying these tiny little containers of mixed spices. Youre making a larger quantity that will take you longer to use up.
Plus I like the fact that I know exactly whats going in my seasoning, there are no hidden ingredients that you need to question.
Here are some good homemade seasonings Ive been making:
- Italian Seasoning
Best Tips For Making Homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix
Even though this is one of the easiest recipes to make, I wanted to give you a few more tips when making homemade dry onion soup mix:
- Stock up on all your ingredients when they go on sale.
- Buying my spices in bulk from Costco is my absolute favorite. I save so much doing it this way.
- To make this vegetarian or vegan, use vegetable bouillon instead of beef bouillon.
- 3-4 tbsp is equivalent to an envelope of Lipton soup mix.
- Double or triple the recipe for an even larger batch. I recommend it.
Recommended Reading: Baked Potatoes With Onion Soup Mix
How To Make Pot Roast:
Sear meat: Heat a large large skillet over medium-high heat. Season roast with salt and pepper, generously, on all sides. Add oil to the pot and once hot, add the meat, Sear, cooking the meat until browned on the bottom, then rotating it every few minutes until browned on all sides. Place meat in the bottom of a lightly greased slow cooker .
Add sauce: Stir together the cream of soup mixture and dry onion soup seasoning in a bowl. Pour mixture over the meat in the slow cooker.
Cook covered on LOW for 8-10 hours. If adding veggies, add them 1.5 2 hours before the timer is up.
Recommended Reading: 6 Piece Steak Knife Set
Homemade Delicious And Tested
So I set out to find a recipe that tastes like the packet kind but where I could control the sodium. And for that, I had to find sodium-free beef bouillion cubes or granules. I easily found it at Walmart. So I whipped this up and then tested it in a couple of recipes. And I gotta say, not only did it taste amazing, it worked seamlessly and I couldnt even tell the difference between the two. It mightve actually been a tad bit better.
This sweet and savory meatloaf is a classic recipe that never disappoints.
As you might have guessed the secret ingredient is one packet of Lipton Onion Soup mix. But dont let this simple recipe fool you. Its a family favorite in our house.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and well send the recipe straight to your inbox!
Plus, it makes plenty of leftovers for meatloaf sandwiches, meatloaf chili, or meatloaf spaghetti. Or simply pair it up with few new side dishes. Mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, and sweet potato fries are a few favorites around our house.
Have you ever tried to make Lipton onion soup mix potatoes? If you have not, then you might find this roasted potatoes recipe worth trying. Lets admit that potato is one of the most favorite foods in the world. Many love this stem tuber for its adaptability and versatility for almost all types of potato-based dishes. Potatoes can be fried, boiled, steamed, microwaved, or even oven-roasted.
You May Like: Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix Gluten Free
Create A Free Account To Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CUBE STEAK WITH GRAVY
- Meat: You can make this Cube Steak recipe with any thin steak or cut of meat. Try chicken cutlets, boneless pork chops, thin cut ribeye
- Fried: You can make an indulgent crispy fried coating. Mix ¼ cup flour with paprika, salt and pepper, and coat meat in flour mixture. Fry in butter or vegetable oil, until golden browned and cooked through.
- Mushrooms: Sauté sliced mushrooms with the sliced onions to make an easy Mushroom Gravy for Cubed Steak. If you want a creamy mushroom onion gravy, stir in a can of Cream of Mushroom Soup along with the fresh mushrooms .
- Seasonings: Season your cube steaks with more than salt and pepper. Try favorite flavors like onion powder, cumin, garlic powder,
- Gravy: Add a package onion gravy mix, regular gravy mix, Au jus gravy mix, brown gravy mix, or onion soup mix with the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce to thicken gravy without flour.
Crock Pot Cubed Steak with Gravy
- In hot skillet, sauté onions in 2 tablespoons butter until translucent and softened, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer onions to slow cooker.
- Melt remaining butter in skillet and whisk in flour and cook one minute.
- Whisk in beef broth and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Add to slow cooker with onions.
- In a skillet, brown seasoned and floured cube steaks for 3 minutes on each side.
- Place browned cube steaks in gravy in the crock pot. Cook on low, covered, for 6-8 hours.
MORE FAVORITE RECIPES FOR COMFORT FOOD
Ways To Use Your Homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix
Making Homemade Onion Soup Dip:
You are going to want to mix 5 tbsp of your homemade dry onion soup mix with 1 cup sour cream & 1 cup mayonnaise. Refrigerate 1 hour prior to serving.
Making Homemade Onion Soup:
Place this mix into a medium saucepan. Stir in 4 cups of water and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Makes about 3 1/2 cups.
Makes Meatloaf More Flavorful:
Enhance the flavor of your favorite classic meatloaf Simply add 1 tablespoon to the meatloaf mixture before baking.
Makes Potatoes Taste Better:
Chop potatoes into cubes. Place in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of mixture. Toss to coat. Place on a well-oiled baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 35 minutes or until the potatoes are soft in the center.
I love that I can whip together this homemade onion soup mix recipe whenever I need it. No need to rush out to the store.
Lets ditch the package and make this from scratch, okay?
Recommended Reading: Campbell’s Chunky Soup Walmart
What Can I Do With Leftover Pot Roast
As I hinted to above, youll love the leftovers almost as much as youll love eating the dish the first time. My favorite ways to eat leftover pot roast, in no particular order:
- On sandwiches. Boring, maybe. But add some banana peppers and a little mayo on top of that roast, slap it between two pieces of bread any bread will do and thats one amazing sandwich!
- Add shredded pot roast to a simple pasta dish.
- Beef empanadas!