What Happens If Sun
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Gluten Free Egg Drop Soup
Traditional egg drop soup uses soy sauce for the salty umami flavor. Soy sauce is not keto because it has both soy and wheat which can be inflammatory on a keto diet. In order to combat this but still have a traditional flavor we chose to use coconut aminos. Coconut aminos are a low carb gluten free option for those who want a soy sauce replacement. It is not sugar free, but is lower in carbs and works well in keto recipes. If you prefer a less sweet soy sauce replacement you can try tamari which is packed with salty flavor and is 100% gluten free. While wheat free, it does still contain soy. Weigh out your options and pick whichever flavor and ingredients you prefer.
How To Make Egg Drop Soup:
To make egg drop soup, simply:
You May Like: Gluten Free Cream Of Mushroom Soup Can
Cooking Low Carb Egg Drop Soup
Now its time to cook your easy keto egg drop soup. It will take just 10 minutes to make this soup, so get ready to fall in love and make it on repeat.
Begin by heating a pot over medium high heat. Add the chicken broth, garlic, ginger, and liquid aminos. Stir well to dissolve the powders and then bring it to a boil
Next crack two eggs in a small bowl whisking well to fully combine the eggs and whites.
When the broth begins to boil remove it from the heat and swirl a fork in it. You want a circular vortex to form. Once the water is swirling, SLOWLY pour the egg mixture into the hot broth. Continue to stir with a fork as the eggs are added.
Serve immediately and feel free to garnish with 1 tsp of sesame oil and/ or green onions. This easy keto egg drop soup does not store well as the eggs will become rubbery when reheated. AKA eat up!
The Easiest Homemade Egg Drop Soup
When I hear the word easy I think in terms of number of ingredients, number of steps, and how long it will take me to make before I can devour. This recipe is definitely high up on the easy scale! It has seven total ingredients . The only steps required are whisking, boiling, and adding in the eggs. It takes less than 10 minutes total time to make. If thats not easy I dont know what is! Plus, when its homemade you feel so much better about putting it into your body, because you know exactly what went into it.
Also Check: How To Make Vegetable Soup
Kikkoman Egg Flower Hot And Sour Soup 088
|Price:||$19.68Get Fast, Free Shipping with|
|Hot & Sour|
|Ingredients||Potato Starch, Salt, Glucose, Sugar, Dehydrated Soy Sauce , Dried Cloud Ear Mushroom, Monosodium Glutamate, Powdered Chicken Extract , Powdered Mushroom Extract , Citric Acid, Dehydrated Leek, Dextrin, Paprika Powder, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Powdered Onion Extract , Ginger Powder, Dehydrated Hot Bean Paste , Powdered Sesame Oil , Caramel Color, White Pepper, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Spices, Succinic Acid.|
- Makes enough soup for 3 people
- Chinese style
- Pack of 12 .88-ounce pouches
How To Make Thick Egg Drop Soup
If you prefer a thicker egg drop soup add a bit of Xanthan Gum. It will help to give the chicken broth more viscosity without any corn starch or flour. Keto friendly recipes do not contain corn starch because per serving there are 7 grams of carbs, and 6.9 grams of net carbs. That is why traditional egg drop soup isnt always keto.
Read Also: Where Can I Get Soup Delivered
What To Make With Keto Egg Drop Soup
Egg drop soup is a traditional Chinese soup, so we prefer sticking to an Asian keto recipe theme. Some of our favorite keto main dishes to pair with this Chinese low carb egg drop soup recipe are:
- Cauliflower Fried Rice Our cauliflower fried rice is packed with Asian flavors like garlic and sesame oil. You can even make it a protein rich meal by adding in grilled chicken or seared pork belly.
- Sweet and Sour Pork If you are a takeout lover this ones for you. It has the perfect balance of sweet, salty, and sour in the glaze. All of which pair beautifully with the fresh cauliflower rice on the side.
- Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps Want a lighter dinner of soup and wraps? This quick and easy to make egg drop soup is the perfect partner for our peanut chicken lettuce wraps. You get a hefty dose of protein and fats to keep you full without feeling stuffed.
- Low Carb Orange Chicken-Another Chinese classic, orange chicken makes a delicious protein rich meal. We use fresh ginger and garlic as well as a homemade gluten free breading on this Chinese chicken recipe.
All of these keto recipes make great gluten free options for those looking to complete their egg drop soup meal. They are each made with tons of fresh flavors like ginger and sesame, to give you a flavor explosion in every bite.
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
Recommended Reading: Blender That Makes Hot Soup And Ice Cream
Customizing Easy Keto Egg Drop Soup
If you made this egg drop soup recipe and are looking for even more delicious ingredients to add, check out our list of customizations below:
- Broth Try changing up the broth! Traditionally we use chicken broth, but bone broth or vegetable broth all make great options to add instead.
- Vegetables Vegetables may not be the first thing you think of in egg drop soup, but they do make a great addition to a variety of keto recipes. Some keto friendly vegetables we love and have added in the past are mushrooms, green onions, zucchini, and bok choy.
- Garnishes A good garnish is super important in homemade meals. Some of our favorite recipes have added garnishes like green onions, sesame oil, and sesame seeds.
- Protein Not only does protein make a complete meal, but it also bumps up the satiety factor and flavor of the dish. Try to add chicken, cooked salmon, or seared pork belly to new recipes in order to make a really standout dish.
There are endless combinations of ingredients you can use to make new recipes out of our egg drop soup base. Feel free to get creative and let us know how you made your perfect soup below.
Easy Egg Drop Soup Recipe
You might think Egg Drop soup would be difficult to make- but really, its not! Its basically 2 ingredients. Eggs and broth, plus a few flavor enhancers.
Looks yummy doesnt it?
Egg drop soup is one of my favorite appetizers to order when we go out for Chinese food. Every time I have it, the flavor always brings back the memories of my families favorite Chinese restaurant when we were growing up.
We didnt have a large grocery store or Walmart in our small town. So every week or two, we would either make the trip to HEB in one of the neighboring towns, or if Wal-mart was what we needed, we would take the ferry to a slightly closer town.
Even though it took longer, my siblings and I preferred taking the ferry. That meant we could go to our favorite Chinese restaurant and stuff ourselves on sweet and sour chicken, egg rolls, egg drop soup and unlimited fortune cookies!
Don’t Miss: Lipton Onion Soup Pot Roast
Quick And Easy Keto Egg Drop Soup
If you only have ten minutes to spare for dinner, or youre looking for something filling without having to devote all night to making it, this recipe is for you! Add whatever seasonings you want to enhance this quick and simple Chinese dish. We love adding fresh ginger, sesame oil, or even fresh garlic sautéd in. Add more eggs to the broth if you want a higher calorie, more filling meal to keep you satiated for longer. This Keto Egg Drop soup would even be a great appetizer on a Chinese take-out inspired night, which you could then follow up with our low carb cashew chicken!
Egg Drop Soup Ingredients:
To make this homemade egg drop soup recipe, you will need:
- Good-quality chicken or vegetable stock: Either will do.
- Cornstarch: To thicken the broth a bit.
- Seasonings: Just a pinch of ground ginger, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Eggs: Which we will whisk and then drizzle into the soup.
- Sesame oil: Absolutely essential in this recipe, and also one of my favorite ingredients!
- Green onions: Thinly sliced, to mix into the soup and also use as a garnish.
- Whole-kernel corn: Totally optional, but I love the extra flavor and texture it adds.
You May Like: Bean Soup Diet Weight Loss
My Favorite Low Carb Soups
I have always been a soup person and nothing has changed since starting keto. Im also someone who likes anything even remotely soup like, such as chilis and stews. They are all perfect meals in my book. They have an easy one-pot clean up aspect, and are always filling and satisfying. My favorite soup and soup-like recipes we have on our blog are:
- Broccoli and Cheese Soup Our broccoli and cheese soup is packed with salty, gooey, cheesy cheddar. Plus there is a full serving of vegetables in every bowl so you know your kids and you will be eating good!
- Keto Chili With Bacon Keto Chili with Bacon is a thick soup high in protein and healthy fats. It will keep you full for hours and tastes even better topped with sour cream and chives.
- Low Carb Beef Stew A hearty tender beef stew with vegetables and a rich broth. It makes the perfect thick and warm meal on cold winter days.
- Cheddar Bacon Soup Our keto cheddar bacon soup is cheesy and packed with pieces of bacon. Plus its gluten free and only takes a few minutes cook time.
All of our keto recipes are simple yet delicious and make staying low carb easy. Try some of these delicious soups and enjoy the comforting flavors they bring.