French Onion Stuffed Pork Loin
October 23, 2019 /
If you love French Onion soup or any sort of French onion flavor, you will LOVE this French Onion Stuffed Pork Loin! It is one of my favorite pork dishes I have made in a while! Try my French Onion Chicken Macaroni and Cheese for another dish that is loaded with French onion flavor.
French Onion Pork Roast
I was thinking…hummmm. If I can do a beef roast with French Onion Soup, why not pork! SO I did and it turned out wonderful. Tasty, juicy and just the right amount of seasoning. I hope you enjoy it like we did.
Provided by Patti Jagodzinski
|1 3-4 lb bone-in pork rib roast|
|1 pkg dry onion soup mix|
|or dry onion/mushroom soup mix|
|3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil|
|4 medium yukon gold potatoes|
|1/2 medium onion, diced|
|salt and black pepper to taste|
- 1. Place pork roast in a large zip-lock bag, pour dry onion soup mix over roast and rub gently to distribute. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- 2. The next day – wash potatoes and cut into forths lengthwise. Place in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and diced onions. Place them on the sides of a cast iron pan and in the center of the pan place a rack.
- 3. Place roast bone-side up, fat side down on the rack. Roast at 425 degrees for 1 hour.
- 4. Remove pan from oven, remove potatoes and keep warm in another vessel. Reduce heat to 400 and roast for another 20-30 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes. Carve and serve with potatoes.
- 5. ***** I have a convection oven, so I utilized that device.
Gather Your Ingredients To Make Tender Slow Cooked Pork With Onion Soup Mix
This recipe for slow cooked pork requires just five ingredients, making it as easy to make as it is delicious. For starters, you’ll need a 4-pound pork roast or loin. You will also need one packet of dry onion soup mix, some chicken stock , some all-purpose flour, and unsalted butter. That’s it! Because you’re simply using a packet of onion soup mix, you don’t need a whole array of seasonings and spices to add flavor to the dish.
Also Check: Pea Soup Andersen’s Carlsbad
Why This Recipe Works
I mix Lipton onion soup mix with cranberry, which helps this dish to taste more savory than sweet. This is one of those three ingredients recipes that you can make any night of the week!
Im excited to start the holiday recipes with this slow cooker cranberry pork loin. Typically when you think of pairing cranberry with a protein, you think turkey, but surprisingly cranberry is even better with pork!
More About Pork Roast Onion Soup Mix Recipes
THAT OLD LIPTON ONION SOUP POT ROAST RECIPE – FRUGAL HAUSFRAU
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned on all sides. Place beef in slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with Onion Soup Mix. Tuck the potatoes in around the roast. Add the carrots and celery. Pour about 2 cups of water into the skillet the beef was browned in and scrape up any brown bits from the pan. Pour into the crockpot. Add additional water to reach halfway up the roast. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high 4 to 5 hours.
10 BEST PORK TENDERLOIN WITH ONION SOUP MIX RECIPES | YUMMLY
SLOW COOKER PORK ROAST WITH ONION SOUP | LIVESTRONG.COM
10 BEST DRY ONION SOUP MIX PORK ROAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST CROCK POT PORK ROAST ONION SOUP MIX RECIPES |
10 BEST PORK ROAST ONION SOUP MIX RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST PORK ROAST WITH LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX RECIPES |
CROCK POT PORK ROAST AND GRAVY – THE EASIEST SLOW COOKER …
SLOW OVEN PORK ROAST WITH ONION SOUP – PROPER NUTRITION …
FromReviewsEstimated Reading Time
ONION & AMP MUSHROOM PORK ROAST RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
CROCK POT ROAST WITH ONION SOUP MIX RECIPE
INSTANT POT ROAST RECIPE WITH ONION SOUP MIX / INSTANT POT …
USING LIPTON ONION SOUP IN PORK ROAST & AMP ONION ROASTED …
Don’t Miss: Lipton Soup Pot Roast Recipe
Slow Cooker Pork Roast
I tried this cut of meat when it was on sale, and for lack of any other ideas I took suggestions from the back of the label, with a few tweaks . This is a very popular dish at our house, and it could not be easier! Instead of rubbing the roast with the onion soup mix and then adding the cranberry sauce, you can also just mix the onion soup mix with the cranberry sauce and pour the whole mixture over the roast.
Provided by LawrenceKansasPerson
|1 pork sirloin roast|
|1 package dry onion soup mix|
|1 can whole berry cranberry sauce|
|2 tablespoons butter, or to taste|
|2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, or as needed|
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
- Rub pork roast all over with onion soup mix and place roast in the slow cooker. Pour cranberry sauce over roast.
- Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours. Remove roast to a platter, reserving juices in the slow cooker.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Whisk flour into melted butter to form a paste. Pour reserved juices from the slow cooker into the butter mixture, whisking constantly, until gravy lightens in color and thickens, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Serve gravy alongside roast.
Nutrition Facts : Calories405.9 calories, Carbohydrate32.6 g, Cholesterol91.6 mg, Fat19 g, Fiber1.4 g, Protein25.8 g, SaturatedFat8 g, Sodium506.3 mg, Sugar18.4 g
Tender Slow Cooked Pork With Onion Soup Mix Recipe
The fall months are upon us, which means that it’s comfort food season. We can’t think of a better, more comforting way to usher the season in than with this recipe for tender slow cooked pork, which comes to us from recipe developer Christina Musgrave of Tasting With Tina. Musgrave uses onion soup mix as the sole seasoning ingredient while slow-cooking the pork roast, which adds a perfectly savory flavor element. The onion soup mix is made of so many delicious seasonings that work well with roasted pork, including onion powder, onion flakes, beef bouillon, salt, pepper, and garlic they are truly a match made in comfort food heaven!
“This recipe is great when you need something easy and delicious to feed a crowd,” Musgrave explains. She also adds that “crock pot cooking is great for those who are looking for a delicious meal without a lot of dirty dishes or hassle.” Considering the fact that this dish comes together in one dish, it’s safe to say that it couldn’t be more hassle-free to make this recipe. So, grab your slow cooker, and let’s make this tender slow cooked pork with onion soup mix!
Recommended Reading: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Recipe With Broccoli
Questions You Might Have About How To Make Pork Loin:
Do I have to use a loin? You can use just about any cut of pork you like! I would suggest using a similar weight so you dont throw off the seasoning to protein ratio. Cooking times will vary based on the size and thickness of the cut you choose.
Can I substitute the vegetables? Feel free to use whatever veggies you prefer but to keep the seasoning to vegetable ratio correct, try to use a similar amount of hearty vegetables that can withstand 35 minutes in the oven.
Most pork recipes use salt, why doesnt yours? Onion soup mix contains salt, so the recipe doesnt not require any additional salt.
Different brands contain different amounts of salt. If you think yours needs a little additional, it can always be added at the end.
What is the difference between a pork tenderloin and pork loin? They both come from the loin, but are shaped different and have different texture profiles.
Lipton Onion Soup Mix Pork Roast Crock Pot Recipe
Diana Rattray is definitely an enthusiastic home prepare and foodie with a love for Southern cooking and Southern food history. Find out more
This straightforward, popular slow oven pot roast is made from only 5 ingredients as well as the water! Make use of a good lean beef chuck roast within this recipe, or locate a cut of beef with & #34pot roast& #34 around the label.
Onion soup flavors the beef perfectly. Just put all things in the slow cooker, place it, and end up forgetting it!
- one beef pot roast of your liking- about four to five pounds
- baby carrots, optional
- 1 1/2 to two pounds new taters, decline in 2-inch chunks, optional
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
Place beef pot roast within the slow cooker. Add carrots and new taters, if using.
Combine the condensed soups, onion soup mix, and water pour within the pot roast and vegetables, if using.
Prepare on low eight to ten hrs or until tender. Or prepare on HIGH for around three or four hrs.
If preferred, thicken the gravy about two tablespoons of flour or corn starch that has been combined with cold water.
* Cuts of meat for pot roasts are frequently labeled through the grocer, but when not, select a lean chuck roast, blade roast, 7-bone, rump roast, bottom round, or shoulder roast.
Continue Studying Below
Read Also: Lipton Onion Potatoes
French Onion Stuffed Pork Loin Recipe
In this French Onion Stuffed Pork Loin recipe, I used a center-cut pork loin, not a pork tenderloin. Although the names are very similar, the cuts of meat are actually quite different. Both cuts of meat are very lean and healthy, but the size and cooking times are quite a bit different. The center-cut pork loin is quite a bit larger than a pork tenderloin. For this recipe, I used a 3-pound pork loin.
Center-cut pork loin is one of the leanest cuts of meat, so be careful about choosing one. The redder the meat, the leaner it is, but also the tougher it is. I recommend choosing a pork loin with a more pinkish color with some white streaks. Dont be fooled if you see a pork sirloin. That is a different cut of meat that is not as tender or lean as a pork loin or tenderloin. Who knew there were so many cuts of pork?!? I didnt even begin to mention the ribs, pork shoulder, pork butt, ham, etc!
- OnionsI use yellow onions for a lot of my meat recipes since they add a lot of flavor without being too strong.
- Beef broth
Pork Loin Ingredients
How Long To Cook Pork Roast In The Crock Pot
All crock pots are different and the newer ones seem to cook way faster than they used to. So it can take a little practice to get to know your slow cooker and come up with the perfect time. For a 3-4 pound pork loin it takes approximately 8 hours on a low heat. I almost never turn mine to high because it just dries out the food. A little fat on the meat helps to keep things moist if you end up leaving it a little bit too long.
If you are using a pork shoulder, I like to do closer to 10 hours to make sure it is really tender. The shoulder is a little bit tougher and needs just a little bit more time to really break down and become delicious. If you have an Instant Pot, check out Instant Pot Pulled Pork for an amazing recipe.
The shopping list for this recipe is relatively short. But that is great, because you can keep them on hand at all times to make this recipe any day of the week.
You May Like: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Chip Dip
Amazing Pork Tenderloin In The Slow Cooker
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Step 1
Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet. Pour water, wine, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat. Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible. Sprinkle with pepper, cover, and cook on low setting for 4 hours. Serve with cooking liquid on the side as au jus.
Easy 3 Ingredient Pork Loin Roast
Make and share this Easy 3 Ingredient Pork Loin Roast recipe from Food.com.
Provided by WhatamIgonnaeatnext
|1 ounce envelope dry onion soup mix|
|4 -5 lbs pork loin roast|
|1 teaspoon dried rosemary|
- In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, place a large piece of foil.
- Sprinkle the dry onion soup into the middle of the foil.
- Place the roast on top of the soup mix and sprinkle with dried rosemary.
- Fold the foil and seal it, making sure to fold the ends.
- Bake roast at 300 degrees for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 3882.2, Fat 175.2, SaturatedFat 63.9, Cholesterol 1471, Sodium 3330.6, Carbohydrate 19.2, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 1.3, Protein 521.9
Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Loin
You wont believe how tender this slow cooker cranberry pork loin is! Cranberry sauce is combined with onion soup mix in this recipe, and its a perfect pair. Its a wonderful weeknight meal or can even be the main dish for a holiday dinner.
If you love a good pork loin, then cooking it in the slow cooker is a must! We love this recipe or honey apple pork loin.
Make The Gravy And Serve
Go back to the slow cooker cooking vessel, and carefully transfer the juices that are left over into a saucepan medium-sized saucepan . Turn on the heat under the saucepan and set it to medium. Add two tablespoons of flour and one tablespoon of butter to the saucepan, and whisk to form your gravy. “This should be pork served with mashed potatoes,” Musgrave notes of the best way to serve the dish. So grab some mashed potatoes, pile on the pork and gravy, and you’ve got one flavorful, fulfilling meal!
Can I Add Vegetables To This Pork Roast Recipe
There is plenty of liquid in the crock pot, so you could easily add your favorite vegetables in with the pork. They will cook and be tender and delicious when the roast is done.
- Baby Carrots
- Sliced Potatoes
I put the pork roast in the crock pot in the morning and my house smells amazing all day. One down side of working from home when you use the slow cooker, is you are hungry all day long!
How To Cook A Pork Roast In Crock Pot
It really could not be any simpler. The pork cooks with the soup mix and the stock all day and it comes out perfectly tender and juicy! To finish it I mix some of the pan drippings with a packet of gravy mix for a quick gravy to serve over mashed potatoes.
If you like to make gravy from scratch, you could take the drippings that are in the bottom of the pan and make gravy. I have never mastered the art of gravy, possible because I hardly ever eat it, so I rely on the packets.
You May Like: Campbell Broccoli Rice Casserole
French Onion Soup Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- 2 – 1poundpork tenderloins
- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 1 ½cupshomemade french onion soup*
- 1cupThe Seeker Wines Pinot Noir
- 6 – 8sprigs fresh thyme
- ½cupshredded provolone/mozzarella cheese blend
- ½teaspoonkosher salt
- Pat pork tenderloins dry and cut off silverskin season with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to dutch oven and heat to medium-high.
- Sear tenderloins on all sides until brown, approximately 2 – 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan set aside.
- Add french onion soup and wine to dutch oven deglaze pan .
- Add pork tenderloins back into pan, along with 4 – 6 sprigs thyme. Cover with sauce and transfer to oven roast for 12 – 15 minutes or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 150º.
- Remove tenderloins from pan, set aside and keep warm in a foil tent. Remove and dispose of thyme stems.
- Heat Pinot Noir French Onion sauce over medium-high heat on stovetop until reduced to a thick sauce.
- Cut tenderloins into 1 inch thick slices top with Pinot Noir French Onion sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese blend on top of sliced pork and place under broiler for about 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Optional: Garnish with thyme sprigs.
The Easiest Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin Ever
15 minutes active 2+ hours inactive
If you can put ingredients into a slow cooker and stir em around a bit, you can make this easy, delicious pork tenderloin. Seriously, theres nothing better than a recipe thats super easy to throw together, but is still super flavorful and amazing. You probably have all the ingredients on hand for this onion soup pork tenderloin and all you have to do is season it in the slow cooker, then sprinkle dry onion soup mix over it and pour over your water and red wine. Press your minced garlic on the pork, then cover it and turn the slow cooker ona true set it and forget it meal!
If youre feeling ambitious after having been able to put your feet up while this meal cooks, then you can go ahead and make a reduction or gravy using the juices left over from the pork, red wine and water. Whether you simmer the drippings in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until you get a thickened sauce, or you mix in a cornstarch and water slurry and cook it over medium heat until it thickens into a sort of gravy. Fret not though, if you just want to get this dinner on the table, spooning the juices over the pork and whatever you choose to serve this dish with is still so yummy you dont need to take any extra steps to have an awesome dinner.
Recommended Reading: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Recipe With Broccoli