Campbells Cream Of Chicken Soup Recipes Ingredients And Directions
A Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup is completely incomparable to the canned stuff. It means that it is healthier and full of vitamins. Because all the ingredients are natural and not chemicals mix it. Hence, every person can use it at any age of period. Its silky and thick, and it tastes real.
Also, very simple to make, this one is sure to become a favourite. But the difficulty is how to make it at home. So, dont worry about it. Because you are lucky if you are here. In this article, we discuss Campbells cream of chicken soup recipes. That is more helpful for you. We help you to make it at home.
As Winter Sweeps Into Full Swing The Comfort Foods That Define The Season Are Also Making Their Appearance
Its so soothing on a winter evening served with crusty french bread. Take advantage of the abundant spring asparagus crops with this cream soup recipe made with chicken stock and cooking sherry. When it came time to serve the chicken and barley soup i made last night, the temperatures outside had climbed to nearly 100f, so i used a slotted spoon to make portions of chicken, vegetables and barley without the hot broth. I make this every spring when asparagus is abunda. Often, the simplest things are the most satisfying, especially when it comes to making a delicious lunch or dinner. As winter sweeps into full swing, the comfort foods that define the season are also making their appearance. The mouthwatering dish is easy to prepare and features some of our favorite comfort foods: A nice soup thats easy to make on busy nights. The calorie content is also lower than fried food, which helps you manage your weight and improves your health. With this quick mix of chicken, a few vegetables and garlic, there is no need to resort to canned soup anymore. Unfortunately, far too many of us still turn our noses up at the concoction. From green bean casserole to apple pie, hearty, warming dishes are a big part of what makes this time of year so special. For a warming weeknight meal, try this quick and easy recipe for a brothy chicken soup full of carrots, peas, and egg noodles.
Homemade Condensed Cream Of Chicken Soup
Today I am showing you how to make your own homemade condensed cream of chicken soup.
With the holidays just around the corner, this would be a great recipe to keep in your arsenal.;Making this is so super easy that you may never buy the canned stuff again.
And it is made with a few simple ingredients.
Whether you are avoiding a bunch of sketchy ingredients you cannot pronounce, or if you want to skip the extra trip to the storethis is a fantastic substitute for condensed cream soup. I have tried it in just about every recipe that I previous used canned condensed soup in. And it works great!
Recommended Reading: Nutritional Value Of Lentil Soup
Also Check: How To Make Onion Dip With Soup Mix
Campbells Saucy Asparagus Casserole
Asparagus is just yummy period but here is another way to cook and serve it up to your friends and family. Its also good for vegetarian menus.
Provided by Holli Cadwell-Dunn
- 1. Place the asparagus in a 13x9x2 inch shallow baking dish.
- 2. Stir the soup and milk in a small bowl and pour over the asparagus. Mix the bread crumbs and butter in a small bowl and sprinkle over the soup mixture.
- 3. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 mins. or until golden brown and bubbly.
Mushroom Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Youve probably guessed how to make this casserole from the name. But can you guess how good it tastes?
This is surprisingly hearty and satisfying, so its one to keep for those days when youre hungry but lazy .
And big families will appreciate that its scalable and budget-friendly.
Cheaper cuts of chicken like thighs work well here, as they stay juicy and soak up all the flavor while it simmers in the oven.
Don’t Miss: Lipton Dry Onion Soup Mix Rice
Tips And Tricks For Making Chicken & Rice Casserole
- This can be a really affordable meal for your family as you can skip the chicken breasts and use cheaper cuts like chicken thighs and legs if you want. I find that chicken thighs cook up the best in this recipe as chicken breasts can dry out.
- If you use chicken breasts, make sure that you cover them with sauce and rice if you can to keep them from drying out.
- Use only the rice I specify, wild or brown rice will take too long and it wont cook on time.
- Skin on or skin off chicken is another choice that is up to you. The chicken skin doesnt crisp up so if you dont like the texture of soft chicken skin, then remove the skin and cook skinless.
- IF you want to keep the skin on and make it crispy simply place the chicken on top of the rice and soup mixture. It will crisp up more!
This chicken and rice casserole definitely hearkens from the days of canned soup mania and it has stayed popular to this day. If you are wanting the really retro taste, then you have to sprinkle crushed saltines or Ritz crackers on top at the end with the cheese. I love it that way!
Recommended Reading: Le Creuset Cast Iron Soup Pot
Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole includes homemade condensed or Campbells Soup, flavorful rice cooked in chicken broth, and a buttery, crunchy Ritz topping. Cook up some fresh chicken or use Rotisserie!
Are you ready for the ultimate comfort food recipe? My family and I have been eating this chicken and rice casserole for years now. Who needs to separate chicken, rice, and broccoli when you can whip up a creamy casserole?!
This recipe is one of my favorite freezer foods. Im pretty sure readers come back for this recipe more than any other. Once you try it, youre pretty much hooked.
Don’t Miss: Lipton Herb And Garlic Soup Mix
If You Are Feeding Reluctant Broccoli Eaters Chop The Broccoli Finely
How large or small you chop the broccoli has a pronounced effect on the final product. Larger pieces will keep the broccoli more defined and not as soft. I like bigger pieces for textural interest as seen in the picture above.
You might have more luck pleasing picky eaters or kids if you chop the broccoli finer. The broccoli bits will be softer and not as well defined. See the picture below.
Easy Baked Chicken Rice And Broccoli Casserole
No-fuss weeknight chicken casserole meal which covers all the bases…budget, taste, and ease.
Provided by B’s Kitchen
|1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, diced|
|1 can condensed cream of chicken soup|
|1 package frozen chopped broccoli|
|1 cup uncooked white rice|
|¾ cup water|
|½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese, or to taste|
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F . Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine chicken, soup, broccoli, rice, and water in a bowl; mix thoroughly. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking pan and cover with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Uncover, stir, top with Cheddar cheese, and cover again. Continue to bake until chicken is no longer pink in the center, rice is tender, and cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories446.1 calories, Carbohydrate45.7 g, Cholesterol88.4 mg, Fat13 g, Fiber2.7 g, Protein34.9 g, SaturatedFat5.7 g, Sodium649.1 mg, Sugar1.5 g
You May Like: Soup Diets For Quick Weight Loss
What Ingredients Do You Need You Make Gluten Free Cream Of Chicken Soup
Making cream of chicken soup gluten free is quick and easy.
It takes less than ten minutes, and you only need a few ingredients.
To make gluten free condensed cream of chicken soup youll need:
- Oil or butter. I like using olive oil;because it adds a subtle fruity flavor, and is a healthy cooking oil. If you are making your cream of chicken soup with dairy, butter should be your first choice.
- Cooked, shredded chicken. Leftover rotisserie chicken, or even drained canned chicken will work! You can also chop up some raw chicken and cook it until golden brown right in the pan.
- Gluten free flour. The gluten free flour acts as the thickener to make the gluten free roux. I used my gluten free flour blend, but you can use just rice flour, or any gluten free flour blend in your pantry. Youll have best results if you use a gluten free flour that doesnt have xanthan or guar gum in it.
- Broth. I used;chicken broth however, if you prefer you can use vegetable broth.
- Milk. I used an;unsweetened plain coconut milk;this time, but Ive used;unsweetened plain almond milk;in the past. You can also use dairy milk, or lactose free milk. As long as you dont use a sweetened vanilla flavored milk, you should be set.
- Salt and pepper. Essential if you dont want your soup to taste bland.
Campbell’s Delicious Broccoli Casserole
Last Thanksgiving we were invited to one of our friends house for dinner. I had this broccoli casserole there and I fell in love with it immediately. Then I tried some other broccoli casserole recipes that I found here and elsewhere on the Internet. None of them tasted like my friend’s casserole. Finally I called her and asked the recipe and she told me that she got it from the Campbell’s Kitchen. I wanted to share this recipe with everyone who is looking for a simple and extraordinarily delicious broccoli casserole recipe:-) My husband and I just loved it!!!Enjoy…
Provided by tantuni
|1 can Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1 dash ground black pepper|
|4 cups cooked chopped broccoli|
|1 1/3 cups French’s French fried onions|
- * Stir the soup, milk,black pepper, broccoli and 2/3 cup onions in a 1 1/2-quart casserole. .
- * Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until the broccoli mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the broccoli mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
- * Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
- * For cheese lovers, stir in 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese with soup. Sprinkle with an additional 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese when adding the remaining onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories119.6, Fat6.2, SaturatedFat1.9, Cholesterol4.3, Sodium615.7, Carbohydrate12.9, Fiber2.4, Sugar2.7, Protein4.9
Also Check: Veg Hot And Sour Soup
Use Condensed Soup If You Can Get It
So for these photos, I used a different manufacturers can of cream of chicken soup for these pictures. .
However, the soup I used here was not condensed so the sauce is slightly different and less thick than usual. So as I mention in the recipe, if you use a non-condensed can of soup, you may want to thicken the sauce before serving, using the optional cornflour mentioned in the recipe.
So my recommendation is, if you can get your hands on some Campbells condensed cream of chicken soup, please do use that. It is just better, and will give you a thicker and tastier sauce in your casserole! Their soups really are the best!
Chicken and rice casserole
I have used chicken breast in this recipe, but if you wish you can also use chicken thighs and cook the chicken on the bone if you prefer. It is up to you.
The secret to getting the nice fluffy rice in the photos is to rinse and soak your rice before you cook it. Check out some tips in my pilau rice recipe, just leave out all the added ingredients and add only a pinch of salt, but follow the same process of rinsing and soaking.
I hope you get to try this recipe. If you do, please let me know how you get on in the comments section below!
Dont Miss: Nutritional Value Of Lentil Soup
Baked Pork Chops With Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Baked pork is an easy dinner, but its not always easy to pick a sauce-pairing for those succulent chops.
If you have a can of Campbells cream of mushroom soup in the cupboard, you have your answer.;
This creamy, rich sauce will keep your chops juicy and moist as they cook.
Itll leave you free to spend some quality time with the kids, or have a relaxing glass of wine. No judgment here!
Recommended Reading: Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe With Cream Of Chicken Soup
More About Campbells Soup Chicken Broccoli Casserole Recipes
FromSee details »FromFromFromFromSee details »FromFromFromSee details »FromSee details »FromSee details »FromSee details »FromSee details »FromSee details »FromSee details »FromSee details »FromFromSee details »FromFromSee details »FromSee details »FromSee details »FromSee details »From
How To Make Dairy Free Cream Of Chicken Soup
To make it dairy-free, just use olive oil instead of the butter and use a dairy-free milk .
How do you make vegetarian cream of chicken soup?
You can also make a vegetarian substitute for cream of chicken soup by using vegetable broth and omitting the chicken.
This is such a good recipe to have handy! Youll find places to use it all the time.
It only takes 5 minutes to make your own gluten-free cream of condensed soup, and now you are not limited by condensed soup containing recipes.
What recipe are you going to try your homemade gluten-free cream of condensed soup in first?
Also Check: Lipton Soup Pot Roast Recipe
Copycat Campbells Tomato Soup
Were not using Campbells soup in this recipe were copying it.
This is a replica of the flavors you know and love sweet tomatoes, rich cream, a hint of basil but in an easy DIY version.
And even though its homemade, it doesnt take long to get in front of hungry family members.
Try a taste-test with the real thing, and I dare you to spot the difference.
Confession time I almost never make stuffing the traditional way any more.
Instead of wrestling with a roasted bird, just make this easy casserole as a holiday side.;
Breadcrumbs, veggies, and cream of chicken soup come together to produce a casserole that can do double duty as a tasty main or a savory side.
Easy for you, tasty for your guests, everyones a winner!
Cream of mushroom soup, egg noodles, and flaky tuna come together in this meal.
This comfort food casserole is easy, light on the household finances, and ideal for make-ahead meals.
Its not fancy, and thats the beauty of this simple-yet-irresistible dish. The kids will beg for more while the adults sneak seconds.
Keep this one in regular rotation, and you wont have to worry about pleasing picky eaters.
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 Try this super recipe as a side dish with your favorite vegetarian burgers.
- tip 2 Lighter Cheesy Broccoli-Rice Bake: For 9 grams of fat and 275 calories per serving, omit 1 tablespoon butter for cooking onion; spray skillet with cooking spray. Use reduced-fat prepared cheese product loaf, condensed 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup and fat-free milk.
Also Check: Soup Detox To Lose Weight
What To Do If The Sauce In The Broccoli Casserole Seems Too Runny Or Too Thick:
The sauce should be somewhat thin when you pour the broccoli-rice mixture into a baking dish. It will thicken as it bakes. If it seems thick enough to hold a shape before baking, stir in another 1/4 cup of milk.
Likewise, if the prepared casserole sits very long before baking, you might consider adding a 1/4 cup of half and half or milk. Rice is a sponge!!!
What Chicken To Use
Like many casserole recipes, this chicken and rice bake is an economical way to feed the family. You just need a small amount of meat for 4-6 servings. Just about any cooked chicken will work and to speed things up I like to use rotisserie chicken.
When I make my own chicken for this casserole I like to use boneless skinless chicken breasts and pound them thin. Season with salt and pepper, then saute for 5-6 minutes per side until they are cooked through. Remove the breasts and dice, then set aside.
This is probably the fastest way to cook the chicken and, depending on the pan you use, you can make the sauce right in the same pan, so its one less thing to clean.
Recommended Reading: Canned Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup