Storage And Freezing Instructions:
Store enchilada soup in the refrigerator for 3-4 days after making. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
To Freeze: Allow soup to cool completely. Place in a freezer-safe container or bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw soup in the refrigerator overnight and simmer on the stove until warm, or warm in the microwave.
To Freeze Unbaked Enchiladas:
Certainly! Just follow the recipe through until you get to baking! Stop there and bake right before you are ready to eat. You can put your enchiladas together a day in advance or even freeze them to bake in the future! If youre going to freeze them, make sure theyre covered well in the freezer to prevent freezer burning.
How To Make Creamy Chicken Green Chili Enchiladas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine soup, sour cream, green onions, and green chilies. Mix until well combined.
- Put half of the mixture in a separate bowl and add the chicken to it.
- Spread half of the remaining mixture, the one without chicken in it, on the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Reserve the rest for later.
- Put a large scoop of the chicken mixture in each tortilla. Roll tortillas up and place them close together in the 9×13 pan.
- Spread the reserved sauce over the rolled-up enchiladas.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 40-60 minutes or until edges are bubbling.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with cilantro or green onion, if desired.
Best Tips for making Creamy Chicken Green Chili Enchiladas
- You can use canned cream of chicken soup or mix up a quick batch of your own for the base of this recipe. If you make homemade cream of chicken soup, just make sure you keep it pretty condensed and thick.
- Closely place the rolled-up enchiladas together in the 9×13 pan. I have to squeeze them together to get all 10 to fit in the pan.
Don’t Miss: Lipton Onion Mushroom Soup Mix
How To Make Creamy Chicken Enchiladas:
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas:
Soften the cream cheese to room temp so its easier to blend then shred the chicken.
Preheat the oven to 350° then spray an approximately 2 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray and set it aside.
In a medium bowl blend the softened cream cheese, ranch dressing, 1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce and 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese then fold in the shredded chicken.
In a medium to large bowl whisk the can of enchilada sauce, the remaining 1/4 cup of Buffalo sauce and 3 tablespoons of Ranch salad dressing.
TIP: to make the tortillas easy to work with, wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave them for 30 seconds flipping halfway through until theyre warm and pliable.
Place a heaping 1/4 cup of the chicken-cheese blend in the center of the tortilla then roll and transfer to the prepared baking dish .
Depending upon the size or your tortillas and how much filling you use, you should get 6-8 enchiladas.
Pour the Buffalo sauce mixture over the top of the tortillas then sprinkle the remaining shredded cheddar cheese .
Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese melted. Optional: broil 1-2 minutes to lightly brown the top. Add your favorite toppings then serve right away.
Why This Recipe Works
- An easy dinner recipe thats satisfying and comforting. These enchiladas are the perfect Mexican comfort food thats creamy and delicious.
- Tips for Making them ahead of time or freezing for use to later. Double the recipe, freezer one pan and have an easy dinner recipe in the freezer!
- Easy to make them as spicy as youd like or more mild so everyone can enjoy this Mexican dinner recipe!
Make Ahead & Freezer Tips For Enchiladas
To prepare these in advance we make the enchiladas as stated in the recipe and stop before baking. Cover the pan with a lid, foil or saran wrap and place in the refrigerator up to 24 hours in advance.
When ready to prepare remove from refrigerator and let sit out on counter while oven preheats. Then bake according to directions. Plan about 10 minutes of extra bake time as the enchiladas are cold.
To freeze this recipe prepare up to the baking step in recipe. Cover tightly with saran wrap then tinfoil or a lid. Place in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to prepare we recommend taking out the night before and letting the enchiladas thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake according to directions.
Read Also: Potato Soup With Frozen Hash Browns
Minute Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
This creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe comes together in under 30 minutes. Make it tonight for an easy and satisfying meal!
- 5 small corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 8 ounces Greek cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 14 ounce can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 ounce can sweet corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with chilies
- Sliced avocado and cilantro leaves for serving
This Low Point Chicken Enchilada Soup Is Filled With Chicken Corn Beans Tomatoes Two Kinds Of Cheeses And Topped With Your Favorite Soup Toppings
Makes 9 servings
Now is the perfect time to dive right in and enjoy a bowl this Low Point Chicken Enchilada Soup. This soup is a staple at my house during the cold winter months. Be sure to check these low point soups out as well:
How do I make this Low Point Chicken Enchilada Soup?
This soup is super easy to make and can be made on the stove, in a crock pot, or in the Instant Pot. You can use leftover cooked chicken on the stove-which makes dinner only 25 minutes away!
If you are making on the stove you will start by opening all the cans of beans, green chiles, tomatoes, and enchilada sauce.
Place chicken, beans, enchilada sauce, corn, green chiles, tomatoes, taco seasoning, and chicken broth into large dutch oven pot and cook over medium high heat on the stove top.
Cook for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
If using cooked chicken, simmer on medium high for 15-20 minutes.
Remove chicken from pot and shred chicken and then place back into the pot.
Cut the cream cheese into small cubes and add stir the cubes into the soup mixture.
Then stir in the non fat plain Greek yogurt.
Continue stirring until the cream cheese has melted completely into the soup. Remove from heat and serve.
Top with light mozzerella, non fat sour cream, non fat Greek yogurt, avocado, shredded cheese, tortilla strips, for additional points
Makes 9 servings
Also Check: Gf Cream Of Mushroom Soup
To Make Soup Thicker:
I personally think the consistency of this enchilada soup is perfect. Its creamy and has just the right amount of thickness.
But if you prefer an even thicker soup, try adding in some additional cream cheese about 30 minutes prior to serving. The melted cream cheese acts as a great thickening agent and gives it a super creamy and delicious texture.
Chicken Enchilada Soup Using An Instant Pot:
- Using the saute option, add the oil or butter in the instant pot, then add the onions, celery, carrots, bell pepper, garlic and cook until softens, about 5-6 minutes.
- If using raw chicken, add in with the veggies in the previous step at the bottom.
- Add in the seasonings, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and broth.
- Next, add in the beans, corn, and shredded cooked chicken . Stir to combine.
- Then, place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal. Using the manual setting, cook on high pressure for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow the instant pot to natural release for 10 minutes or so before doing a quick release.
- Finally, remove the lid from Instant Pot, shred the chicken , and serve with your favorite toppings.
- Note: You may remove a portion of the soup towards the end. Blend it and then add it back into the soup. Mix and serve.
You May Like: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Chicken And Potatoes
The Best Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Many of you have asked for my sour cream enchilada recipe and here it is. I know that you will LOVE the recipe that our family calls the BEST Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas.
I have been making these for years literally years and it just gets better and better over time. Plus, make sure you make a double batch these freeze great and actually taste better when you eat them the next day for lunch.
Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
This Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe comes together in under 30 minutes. Make it tonight for an easy and satisfying Mexican meal!
I know Im not supposed to pick favorites with my recipes, but, I have to say this creamy enchilada soup recipe is definitely in my Top 10.
Youre going to love it, too. Trust me.
First of all, this white chicken enchilada soup recipe is part of the 30 Minute Monday series, so you know its going to be on the dinner table in no time.
Secondly, its incredibly easy to make and doesnt call for a bunch of weird ingredients.
Third, you can customize the soup depending on what you happen to have in your pantry.
You can use canned beans and corn or go for the fresh stuff if you have the time. If you dont want to use chicken, try swapping it out for some savory mushrooms.
Throw in some sauteed bell peppers, swap the corn for hominy, use pinto beans instead of black the world is your oyster, baby.
Finally, the reason youre REALLY going to love this recipe is because its completely amazingly delicious. I know that description isnt particularly, uh, descriptive, but again youre just going to have to trust me.
It has all the flavor of enchiladas without any of that hard work.
It also has a magic ingredient: Greek Cream Cheese. Whhaaattt?? Greek Cream Cheese is basically a cream cheese made from Greek yogurt so it has half the fat the twice the protein of regular cream cheese.
You May Like: Does Lipton Onion Soup Mix Have Msg
How To Cook Chicken For Enchilada Soup
Cooking the chicken is quite simple. It would be easiest to use a rotisserie chicken but you can certainly cook your own. We recommend using skinless and boneless chicken breasts.
- Add chicken into a pot full of water
- We like adding some sort of herbs to give the chicken some flavor. Use half an onion and a bay leaf. sometimes we use a cinnamon stick but not for this particular recipe.
- Allow boiling for about 15-20 minutes until you easily insert a knife or a fork through the chicken.
- Then, drain in a colander and let it cool off
- Finally, using your hands or forks, shred chicken.
How To Make Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
This chicken enchilada soup recipe is made on the stovetop. We will also be showing you further on how to make it on your crockpot, slow cooker, and instant pot.
Note: Recipe calls for cooked shredded chicken. Either get a storebought rotisserie chicken and use that or cook your own at home using chicken breast .
To make enchilada soup on your stovetop:
- Prepare vegetables and ingredients: Set up all the ingredients and get your shredded chicken ready.
- Cook vegetables: Add butter or oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. First, add the onions, celery, carrots, bell pepper, garlic and cook until softens, about 5-6 minutes. Then, stir in seasonings, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Cook and prep soup: Lower the heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until veggies are very tender.
- Blend: remove from heat and using a hand blender, blend the soup until smooth and creamy. .
- Add beans and chicken: Place the soup back over medium heat and add in beans, corn and shredded cooked chicken. Stir to combine and boil for a couple of minutes, just to heat it all up.
- Serve: Pour into bowls and top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Recommended Reading: Weight Watchers Hash Brown Potato Soup Recipe
What I Love About The Recipe:
- Fresh Ingredients No canned enchilada sauce, and lots of fresh and tasty ingredients.
- Easy Sauté the veggies and sear the chicken first thin in the morning, then throw everything in the crockpot and let it do the work.
- Pantry Ingredients No trip to the store you probably already have everything on hand! You can substitute chicken breasts, if needed .
Creamy Chicken Green Chili Enchiladas
Its my friend Ashlees Birthday this week, and she requested that I post her favorite recipe she remembers me making in collegeCreamy Chicken Green Chili Enchiladas. If you like creamy enchiladas, also try Creamy Cilantro Verde Enchiladas.
It all started a few months ago when Ashlee sent me a message about my moms world-famous enchiladas. I was likewhat are you talking about? My mom doesnt make enchiladas. She was likeyou know, the ones you used to make at college.
Who loves Mexican Food?
Silly, Ashlee, that recipe wasnt my moms. It was a recipe I got from a teacher at my high school. HA!
But, hey, if it makes you happy to believe that they are my moms world-famous enchiladas, that is cool, too. Either way, theyre really yummy and super easy to throw together.
So here you go, Ash. Happy Birthday, Friend!
Dont Miss: Potato Soup With Frozen Hash Browns
Don’t Miss: Blender That Makes Soup And Ice Cream
Did You Make This Recipe
Creamy green enchiladas chicken soup is so tasty and easy to make in your Instant Pot or crockpot. Chicken enchilada soup is the perfect weeknight dinner recipe. Easily adapted Instant Pot recipe so you’ve got even more options. A perfect Mexican recipe for taco Tuesdays! The best keto soup! #keto #mexican #soup #tacotuesday #slowcooker #crockpot #lowcarb #sugarfree #healthychicken #instantpot #chicken #chickensoup #dinneridea #healthyrecipe #enchiladas #souprecipe #easyrecipe
What Kind Of Dish Should You Use To Bake Enchiladas And Enchilada Casserole
You can bake enchiladas and enchilada casserole in a standard 9×13-inch baking dish, or you can prepare them in single-serve gratin dishes.
I also prepare both in these plastic meal prep dishes. Packed this way, enchiladas and enchilada casserole make for a great meal prep. The only difference is that to bake, youll need to cook the dish in the microwave instead of the oven.
Recommended Reading: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Recipe With Broccoli
Also Check: Andersen Split Pea Hotel Solvang
A Few Changes You Can Make:
- Use a rotisserie chicken to save even more time.
- You can add in black beans
- Try it with ground beef instead of chicken
My family loves this recipe just the way it is but you can easily alter it to make it your own. Make sure you come back and let us know if you try any other variations by leaving a comment.
It is sure to be a family favorite after the very first time you make this recipe!
Recommended Reading: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Recipe With Broccoli
How To Make Chicken Enchiladas
Once the chicken is cooked and shredded, youre ready for the rest of the meal:
These Creamy Chicken Enchiladas are also great made into a chicken enchilada casserole in the oven. Layer the ingredients instead of baking and cook uncovered for an hour, at 350°F. Enjoy!
Read Also: Lipton Roasted Potatoes
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
When it comes to the shredded chicken, any kind will do! You can boil an entire chicken in a pot, use your Instant Pot, bake it in the oven, or use Rotisserie chicken from the store.
This recipe makes a lot of sauce so I always add a generous amount to each enchilada.
The easiest way to assemble the enchilada is to spread the sauce down the middle and then put the cheese and chicken on one end. Roll the enchilada starting on the end with the chicken and the cheese so everything is sealed tightly.
I can usually only fit 8 enchiladas in the pan, so plan to use a smaller pan for the other 2-3 enchiladas. You can bake both pans at the same time.
How Do You Make Creamy Chicken Enchilada Casserole
One of the beauties of Creamy Chicken Enchilada Casserole besides how amazing it tastes is that it comes together super quickly.
Don’t Miss: Potato Soup With Frozen Hash Browns