How To Make Chicken Enchiladas
Once the chicken is cooked and shredded, youre ready for the rest of the meal:
These Creamy Chicken Enchiladas are also great made into a chicken enchilada casserole in the oven. Layer the ingredients instead of baking and cook uncovered for an hour, at 350°F. Enjoy!
Why This Recipe Works
- An easy dinner recipe thats satisfying and comforting. These enchiladas are the perfect Mexican comfort food thats creamy and delicious.
- Tips for Making them ahead of time or freezing for use to later. Double the recipe, freezer one pan and have an easy dinner recipe in the freezer!
- Easy to make them as spicy as youd like or more mild so everyone can enjoy this Mexican dinner recipe!
What Kind Of Dish Should You Use To Bake Enchiladas And Enchilada Casserole
You can bake enchiladas and enchilada casserole in a standard 9×13-inch baking dish, or you can prepare them in single-serve gratin dishes.
I also prepare both in these plastic meal prep dishes. Packed this way, enchiladas and enchilada casserole make for a great meal prep. The only difference is that to bake, youll need to cook the dish in the microwave instead of the oven.
Recommended Reading: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Recipe With Broccoli
These Are Great Over Rice
We serve these healthy Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas with Easy Spanish Rice Recipe. The sour cream sauce is amazing over this rice!
The green chile gives it the best flavor. Sometimes I also add black beans to the enchilada recipe.
Before you know it you have a delicious dinner on the table! You could even just use a cup of chicken to stretch your meat in these sour cream enchiladas.
Cream Of Chicken Enchiladas
- Total Time:1 hr 35 mins
- 1 8 oz Mexican Style Taco Style Shredded Cheese
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 10.5 oz Cream Chicken Soup
- 1 10 oz Can Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Cups Diced Chicken Cooked
- 1 Package 10 inch Tortillas Flour or Corn
- 1/2 Tablespoon Chili Powder
Also Check: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Our Chicken Recipes Are Guaranteed To Make You And Your Family Smile
Chicken enchilada recipe. Place about 13 cup chicken mixture. Ad Looking to Make a Quick Soup or Salad. Ad Our Easy Cheesy Enchilada Recipe Is The Perfect Go-To Weeknight Entrée.
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas. They are very easy to make and are. Try a Gluten-Free Dish or an Easy One-Pot Meal.
Stir in the chicken beans and chiles.
White Chicken Enchiladas With Video Recipe White Chicken Enchiladas Enchilada Recipes Cooking Recipes
The Best Chicken Enchiladas This Easy Chicken Enchilada Recipe Has A Delicious Chi Easy Chicken Enchilada Recipe Best Chicken Enchilada Recipe Chicken Recipes
Chicken Enchiladas Recipe Gimme Some Oven Recipe Best Chicken Enchilada Recipe Mexican Dinner Recipes Mexican Food Recipes
White Chicken Enchiladas With Video Recipe Recipes Mexican Food Recipes Food
Chicken Enchiladas Recipe Gimme Some Oven Recipe Food Network Recipes Easy Chicken Enchilada Recipe Best Chicken Enchilada Recipe
Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Recipe Recipe Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Recipe Recipes Sour Cream Chicken
Chicken Enchiladas Recipe Gimme Some Oven Recipe In 2021 Easy Chicken Enchilada Recipe Mexican Dinner Recipes Chicken Enchilada Recipe
Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas Recipe Recipe Enchilada Recipes Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas Mexican Food Recipes
Simple Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe Recipes Chicken Enchilada Recipe Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Chicken Enchiladas With Sour Cream White Sauce Recipe White Sauce Recipes Recipes Enchilada Recipes
A Few Changes You Can Make:
- Use a rotisserie chicken to save even more time.
- You can add in black beans
- Try it with ground beef instead of chicken
My family loves this recipe just the way it is but you can easily alter it to make it your own. Make sure you come back and let us know if you try any other variations by leaving a comment.
It is sure to be a family favorite after the very first time you make this recipe!
Recommended Reading: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Recipe With Broccoli
How Do You Make White Sauce For Chicken Enchiladas
Creamy enchiladas or also called enchiladas suizas are topped with a white, milk or cream-based sauce, such as béchamel. You make this white sauce by melting butter in a saucepan, then stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add chicken broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
Spoon The Chicken Mixture Evenly Into The Tortillas
Easy chicken enchilada recipe with sour cream. Cook the finely chopped onion in olive oil add the garlic blended tomatoes and spices and cook the sauce for 5 minutes. Theyre a spicy ooey-gooey dinner thats absolutely perfect for any Taco Tuesday or game day party. Pour remaining sour cream mixture over all and top with shredded cheese.
Place 14 cup mixture in center of each tortilla and roll placing them in baking dish seam side down. To reheat place in a casserole dish and cover in tin foil. Divide chicken into a total of 8 equal portions and removing a portion of the mixture at a time spread it along the edge of a tortilla.
How to make Simple Sour Cream Enchiladas. In a skillet brown the chopped onions until soft. Into bowl of chicken mixture stir remaining sour cream roasted peppers chiles and 1 12 cups of the cheese.
Adjust the taste and let cool for another 5 minutes. Step 4 Spread heaping 34 cup chicken mixture on center of each tortilla. Add in the shredded chicken taco seasoning rotel and HALF the can of cream of chicken soup.
Spoon remaining mixture onto top of the tortillas and cover pan with foil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas.
Pour the sauce on top of the tortillas. Place 2 heaping tablespoonfuls of the chicken mixture in each tortilla roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish. Spray 913 casserole dish with Pam Nonstick Cooking Spray.
Chicken Enchiladas With Sour Cream White Sauce Recipe Recipes Cooking Recipes Cooking
Also Check: Campbell’s Tomato Soup Sloppy Joe Recipe
Make Ahead & Freezer Tips For Enchiladas
To prepare these in advance we make the enchiladas as stated in the recipe and stop before baking. Cover the pan with a lid, foil or saran wrap and place in the refrigerator up to 24 hours in advance.
When ready to prepare remove from refrigerator and let sit out on counter while oven preheats. Then bake according to directions. Plan about 10 minutes of extra bake time as the enchiladas are cold.
To freeze this recipe prepare up to the baking step in recipe. Cover tightly with saran wrap then tinfoil or a lid. Place in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to prepare we recommend taking out the night before and letting the enchiladas thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake according to directions.
How To Make Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
This chicken enchilada soup recipe is made on the stovetop. We will also be showing you further on how to make it on your crockpot, slow cooker, and instant pot.
Note: Recipe calls for cooked shredded chicken. Either get a storebought rotisserie chicken and use that or cook your own at home using chicken breast .
To make enchilada soup on your stovetop:
- Prepare vegetables and ingredients: Set up all the ingredients and get your shredded chicken ready.
- Cook vegetables: Add butter or oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. First, add the onions, celery, carrots, bell pepper, garlic and cook until softens, about 5-6 minutes. Then, stir in seasonings, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Cook and prep soup: Lower the heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until veggies are very tender.
- Blend: remove from heat and using a hand blender, blend the soup until smooth and creamy. .
- Add beans and chicken: Place the soup back over medium heat and add in beans, corn and shredded cooked chicken. Stir to combine and boil for a couple of minutes, just to heat it all up.
- Serve: Pour into bowls and top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
You May Like: Where Is Onion Soup Mix In Walmart
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas:
Soften the cream cheese to room temp so its easier to blend then shred the chicken.
Preheat the oven to 350° then spray an approximately 2 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray and set it aside.
In a medium bowl blend the softened cream cheese, ranch dressing, 1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce and 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese then fold in the shredded chicken.
In a medium to large bowl whisk the can of enchilada sauce, the remaining 1/4 cup of Buffalo sauce and 3 tablespoons of Ranch salad dressing.
TIP: to make the tortillas easy to work with, wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave them for 30 seconds flipping halfway through until theyre warm and pliable.
Place a heaping 1/4 cup of the chicken-cheese blend in the center of the tortilla then roll and transfer to the prepared baking dish .
Depending upon the size or your tortillas and how much filling you use, you should get 6-8 enchiladas.
Pour the Buffalo sauce mixture over the top of the tortillas then sprinkle the remaining shredded cheddar cheese .
Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese melted. Optional: broil 1-2 minutes to lightly brown the top. Add your favorite toppings then serve right away.
Creamy Chicken Green Chili Enchiladas
Its my friend Ashlees Birthday this week, and she requested that I post her favorite recipe she remembers me making in collegeCreamy Chicken Green Chili Enchiladas. If you like creamy enchiladas, also try Creamy Cilantro Verde Enchiladas.
It all started a few months ago when Ashlee sent me a message about my moms world-famous enchiladas. I was likewhat are you talking about? My mom doesnt make enchiladas. She was likeyou know, the ones you used to make at college.
Who loves Mexican Food?
Silly, Ashlee, that recipe wasnt my moms. It was a recipe I got from a teacher at my high school. HA!
But, hey, if it makes you happy to believe that they are my moms world-famous enchiladas, that is cool, too. Either way, theyre really yummy and super easy to throw together.
So here you go, Ash. Happy Birthday, Friend!
Don’t Miss: Potato Soup With Frozen Hash Browns
Chicken Enchilada Soup Using An Instant Pot:
- Using the saute option, add the oil or butter in the instant pot, then add the onions, celery, carrots, bell pepper, garlic and cook until softens, about 5-6 minutes.
- If using raw chicken, add in with the veggies in the previous step at the bottom.
- Add in the seasonings, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and broth.
- Next, add in the beans, corn, and shredded cooked chicken . Stir to combine.
- Then, place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal. Using the manual setting, cook on high pressure for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow the instant pot to natural release for 10 minutes or so before doing a quick release.
- Finally, remove the lid from Instant Pot, shred the chicken , and serve with your favorite toppings.
- Note: You may remove a portion of the soup towards the end. Blend it and then add it back into the soup. Mix and serve.
Whats In These Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
To make the best Chicken Enchilada Recipe you need six key ingredients:
- Sour Cream: Youll need sour cream for your Creamy Chicken Enchiladas sauce youll roll up and cover the enchiladas with. But you can always save some for a fresh dollop on top!
- Cream of Chicken Soup:This is the main base for our homemade enchilada sauce.
- Green Chiles: These provide a lot of great flavor, and they arent spicy!
- Flour Tortillas: Enchiladas are traditionally made with corn tortillas, but I like to use flour tortillas because they are easier to roll and soak up the sauce!
- Cheese: I tend to use mild shredded cheese, but if you prefer a Colby Jack mix or Mexican Cheese blend, or even Pepper Jack cheese to give it some extra magic, then go for it!
- Chicken Breasts: You could also use a rotisserie chicken if you want to cut down on prep time! That makes these enchiladas even easier and faster to prepare!
You May Like: Campbell’s Soup And Rice Recipes
How Do You Make Creamy Chicken Enchilada Casserole
One of the beauties of Creamy Chicken Enchilada Casserole besides how amazing it tastes is that it comes together super quickly.
How To Cook Chicken For Enchiladas
Shredded chicken makes the best chicken enchiladas, so start with chicken breasts or thighs . I often cook big batches of CrockPot Shredded Chicken to keep in the freezer for recipes just like this!
Season bone-in chicken breasts or thighs and bake at 350°F for 45-55 minutes or until it reaches 165°F. Remove from the oven and shred using two forks.
Read Also: Olive Garden Endless Soup And Salad
Are Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Bad For You
If something makes you happy, I say its good for you! These Creamy Chicken Enchiladas might not cut it for a strict diet plan, but they are loaded with happiness and protein and that is not bad for you!
Mexican inspired Creamy Chicken Enchiladas are definitely one of my favorite meals. I have found that this is the best Chicken Enchilada recipe because it has a simple list of ingredients and is ready in just over half an hour. I could probably eat everything by myself, especially since these are great as leftovers but it is certainly a bonus that my family loves them too.
How Do You Make Chicken Enchiladas
First cook chicken breasts. If you have an Instant Pot you can cook the chicken in 10 minutes and then shred it with an electric hand mixer right in the Instant Pot. This is a huge time saver that really gets this recipe moving. If time is not an issue you could also cook the chicken in a slow cooker. If you are really short on time use rotisserie chicken.
Mix together the shredded chicken and cheese. Evenly place chicken mixture on the center of each tortilla. Roll and place seam side down in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
I have flour tortillas listed in the recipe because that is how my family likes it. I actually prefer corn tortillas in these enchiladas. Please feel free to use what you prefer. Cheddar cheese can also be substituted for the Monterey Jack or Colby Jack blend. Either way, this is one of our family favorites!
Don’t Miss: Walmart French Onion Soup Mix
How To Cook Chicken For Enchilada Soup
Cooking the chicken is quite simple. It would be easiest to use a rotisserie chicken but you can certainly cook your own. We recommend using skinless and boneless chicken breasts.
- Add chicken into a pot full of water
- We like adding some sort of herbs to give the chicken some flavor. Use half an onion and a bay leaf. sometimes we use a cinnamon stick but not for this particular recipe.
- Allow boiling for about 15-20 minutes until you easily insert a knife or a fork through the chicken.
- Then, drain in a colander and let it cool off
- Finally, using your hands or forks, shred chicken.
The Whole Enchilada: Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Simple Satisfying
As a high-schooler, I had a profound bias against any type of restaurant food that my parents tried to re-create at home. Pizza, sweet-and-sour chicken and enchiladas none of those things, I believed, should be attempted in our residential kitchen. Enchiladas, my teenage brain said, are a cherished delicacy eaten only at Mexican restaurants with an appetizer of tortilla chips and spicy salsa followed by flan for dessert. They were not meant to be consumed in the living room while watching Star Trek reruns.
So whenever Young Monika asked what was for dinner and my mom said chicken enchiladas, I usually let out a pronounced groan of disappointment. It just seemed wrong to me, an egregious breach of protocol, to eat something so wildly out of context. What was actually wrong was me and my silly Rules for Appropriate Places to Eat Things. I would never have confessed it to her at the time, but those enchiladas were actually quite yummy. The fact is, delicious food needs no context.
Also Check: Olive Garden Endless Soup And Salad
How To Enjoy These Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Reheated:
If you store these properly they should last in your refrigerator for up to 4 days! I love to reheat them in the microwave all of the flavors have soaked together a bit longer and taste just as good a day or two later!
You can also pop them back in the oven, covered, for an additional 20 minutes, or until heated through.