How To Do The Cabbage Soup Diet
Cabbage soup can help you lose weight fast. You need to eat it every day for one week , along with several other foods allowed. You must have three days a meal, not more than that. If you feel the need to snack, you can have a serving of fruit between meals.
Heres how to do The 7-Day Cabbage Soup Diet:
- Day 1: have cabbage soup and fruits, but avoid bananas.
- Day 2: eat soup and vegetables, have a baked potato for dinner. No corn or beans allowed.
- Day 3: eat soup, vegetables, fruits. No potatoes allowed.
- Day 4: have soup, skim milk and bananas. By this day, you should no longer experience sweet cravings.
- Day 5: have cabbage soup twice and then a more consistent protein meal, like beef. Add tomatoes.
- Day 6: have soup, vegetables and beef again.
- Day 7: besides the cabbage soup, eat brown rice, vegetables and fruit.
Here are the fruits you can eat while on the cabbage soup diet:
The drinks you can have:
- Green and black tea
- Alcohol, packaged juice
- Ketchup, sauce of any kind, dips
- All grains, except for brown rice on the recommended day
- Potato, sweet potatoes
Although the diet is restrictive, you will get plenty of vitamins and minerals from the many fruits and vegetables you have to eat, especially from the fresh ones. This means you dont need to panic about not getting enough nutrients. You may want to take a multimineral and vitamin supplement if youre afraid youre not getting enough.
Why Should You Try The Cabbage Soup Diet
Anyway, moving on from that topic, lets talk more about cabbage and cabbage soup. Lets talk about the different benefits you can get from eating a soup of cabbage, so let us move on to that topic instead, starting with our number one reason.
- As mentioned earlier, cabbage does provide you with a lot of health benefits and will give you the nutrition you need in your day-to-day life. It does contain a lot of nutrients that you would probably like to have, such as vitamin B6, calcium, potassium, and a lot more. Basically, eating cabbage will make you healthier and stronger, so why would you even say no to that?
- Digestion can be different for everyone, based on what they usually eat. Eating cabbage will improve this digestion of yours and will help you a lot if you are trying to go on a diet and be slimmer. This vegetable is full of a kind of carbohydrate that will make digestion so much easier. It will pretty much help your large intestine a lot. Exercising will also help you achieve overall better digestion as well. So, if you are planning on slimming down, this is a good reason as to why you should not only eat cabbage but all of its different recipes as well, such as cabbage soup.
If you are focusing on the more diet part of eating cabbage soup, and how eating cabbage will pretty much make you thinner and make you healthier.
Anyway, back to our list of how having a cabbage soup diet will pretty much just make you slimmer.
What Can I Eat On The Cabbage Soup Diet Plan
This diet consists of cabbage soup, eaten 2 to 3 times a day with other allowed foods as follows:
- Day 1: Fruit , except bananas
- Day 2: Vegetables, especially leafy greens and low carb veggies , and no fruit
- On Day 3: Fruits and vegetables
- Day 4: Bananas and skim milk
- Day 5: Beef and tomatoes
- On Day 6: Beef and vegetables
- Day 7: Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices, and vegetables
Also Check: Onion Soup Mix Dip Recipe
Do I Just Eat This Weight Loss Soup All Day Every Day
No. You still need to get some calories in to lose weight at a healthy rate. For best results heres what we have found to work:
Heres Why I Adore The Cabbage Soup Diet:
- It works!! Its not science. Cut your calories, unhealthy sugar, starches, for a period of time while drinking lots of water and youll lose weight quickly.
- Its quick!! By the morning of my 8th day, the scale is always 7-10 lbs lighter. My clothes fit differently, and my usually bloated gut is flat. I love it!!!
- I cheat!! Ive discovered that I can cheat a bit on this diet. Ive snuck a muffin in a few times. BEST. MUFFIN.EVER!! Ive also used some condiments to spice things up.
- Great for pre-diets! This diet is GREAT for the start of a real diet/eating plan. You know, one where you eat a variety of healthy foods and a decent balance of calories. Sometimes you just need a jumpstart, a cleanse, a boost of confidence on the scale. This diet does it!
Side Note: If youre interested in trying the green monster smoothie, to see how I prep my smoothies!
I know some people HATE these types of quick diets, but I love them! They work well for me, and the weight stays off as long as I eat a balanced post-diet. If you jump back to eating harmful sugars and carbs right away, youre going to gain the weight back quickly.
Pace yourself. I mainly use this diet for quick weight loss for an event, the week before Thanksgiving, or jump-start my spring dieting before swimsuit season.
As always, consult a doc before cutting your calories like this!
Also Check: Calphalon 4.5 Qt Soup Pot
Cauliflower Soup For Weight Loss
The cauliflower soup ranks up there as one of the easiest vegetable weight loss soup recipes you can think of.
It makes use of only a few ingredients to give you a healthy, satisfying and creamy result. My favorite!
This is definitely one weight loss soup recipe you dont want to avoid. Follow the guide below to prepare the easy cauliflower soup.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Cauliflower Soup Diet Recipe
- Add the cauliflower, carrot, celery, onion, and chicken broth, in a large pot. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat Cover and simmer for 12-17 minutes or until vegetables are tender .
- The liquid will barely cover the veggies. In another large saucepan, melt the butter for the roux.
- Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Whisk the milk in slowly. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook and stir the mixture for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese until melted.
- Add hot pepper sauce if desired.
- Stir into the cauliflower mixture until combined.
- Puree about 2 1/2 cups of the soup in the blender and pour back into the soup.
- Your soup is ready to be served.
Weight loss soups should be an important part of your daily weight lossdiet plans. They are simple, effective and also healthy ways to help you lose weight and also prevent further weight gain. They help to control your calorie count by curbing your hunger.
The above weight loss soup recipes are the easiest and also the best homemade weight loss soup out there.
The Cabbage Soup Diet For Weight Loss
The weight loss cabbage soup is one of the best and also most popular fat flush soup out there. It is very inexpensive to prepare and is loaded with nutrients. Its main ingredient, cabbage, is a healthy vegetable that is packed with vitamin C and also loaded with fiber.
This high fiber content makes sure you not only enjoy a low-calorie soup for weight loss, but you also consume a soup that easily fills you up.
Research has shown how beneficial fiber is to control appetite. Therefore, the cabbage soup diet will help to reduce the rate at which you consume food, thereby reducing your daily calorie intake.
- One large can of diced tomatoes
- About 1-2 cubes of Bouillon
- 48 0z. of low sodium V-8 juice
- ½ teaspoon of hot sauce
- A teaspoon of olive oil
How to Make Cabbage Soup
- `Begin by rinsing all the vegetables and then chop them into tiny pieces.
- Take the olive oil and heat it in a pan.
- Thereafter, add some onions to the sauté and leave for few minutes till you notice the onions begin to sweat.
- Add in the pepper and also the celery and sauté them with the onion for about 4-5 minutes.
- Pour in the V-8 juice, water, hot sauce, tomatoes and the bouillon cube.
- Allow it to boil and thereafter, reduce it to simmer until you notice your vegetables become tender. This should take about 15 minutes.
- Then core the cabbage and shred it. Add it into the pot and cook the soup for about 10 minutes again.
- After 10 minutes, you can then serve yourself and enjoy your soup.
Read Also: Loaded Baked Potato Soup With Hash Browns
Sweet Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink
A sweet apple cider vinegar detox drink that tastes like apple juice! Great for body cleansing, detox and weight loss
Hey yall!! Heres that amazing sweet apple cider vinegar detox drink I told you guys about in my rainbow detox soup video!
Ive been doing a lot of detoxing this year. Or should I say helping my body detox better. Ive been doing a variety of things like detox rainbow soups, salads, 10-day green smoothie cleanses , drinking my Everyday Detox tea by Traditional Medicinals and this amazing sweet apple cider vinegar detox drink! Oh yeah and FAT BOMBS!!
Im absolutely loving how my muffin top is shrinking before my eyes people! My husband introduced me to detoxing with apple cider vinegar . Hes always finding cool stuff like this!
My husband was taking it straight like a shot. A BIG NO NO!! The man nearly burned his nostrils and throat off!! Super dangerous so dont do that! ALWAYS DILUTE IT!
I started by just mixing it with a little cool water. Hated it and it actaully made me feel queazy for a few minutes to the point where I actually had to sit down. Then I started taking the advice that a few people suggested on Braggs website and pureeing it with a sweet apple and apple pie spice or cinnamon! GENIUS!!
Its much more pleasant this way. I mean its still VINEGAR but its really just like drinking lightly sweetened, tart apple juice. Much easier to get down on an empty stomach in the morning without feeling nauseous.
Cons Of The Cabbage Diet
- Lack of versatility:People following the cabbage soup diet often complain that it is boring and repetitive. Not many people like cabbage soup enough to enjoy it every day for an entire week.
- Severe calorie restriction:The greatest concern expressed by nutrition and weight-loss experts is that many versions of the cabbage soup diet restrict calories to fewer than 1,200 calories a day, which is the minimum generally recommended for healthy weight loss. The daily calorie count on the cabbage soup diet is so low that it could be considered a type of fast rather than a diet, which could lead to unhealthy eating habits.
- Not Based on Scientific Evidence: The cabbage soup diet is not based on any nutritional or medical science. There is no scientific proof that cabbage or cabbage soup has any of the fat-burning properties often advertised in the diet’s description.
- Not a Long Term Solution: The cabbage soup diet provides no advice for those with emotional eating issues, nor does it offer suggestions for long-term weight management, such as developing healthy eating habits or controlling portion sizes. So after the diet is over, you’re likely to gain back any weight you lose.
Don’t Miss: Campbells Sloppy Joe
How Does The Cabbage Soup Diet Help You Lose Weight
In general, soup diets focus on reducing calories and fat for several days. This can lead to quick weight loss and shedding a few pounds, helping some people stay motivated to eat healthier as they move on to a long-term diet. The cabbage soup provides many essential nutrients, and it can increase satiety, helping you feel fuller, so you eat less. However, diets like this should only be temporary because they do not include all food groups and can lead to nutrient deficiencies.
Cons Of The Cabbage Soup Diet:
Essentially all you can eat on the cabbage soup diet is, ahem, cabbage soup, fruit and vegetables. Yep.. While weight loss may be possible in the initial phases of the diet, this could be due to water loss rather than fat loss, she explains.
Plus, the diet cuts out several essential food groups important for energy and brain function, like protein and fat. Think about how hard your body works to keep you alive every day and what will happen if you suddenly cut your energy consumption by three-quarters.
The diet is so restrictive, its just not sustainable, Windas shares.
Weight will likely be gained back quickly as soon as you start eating normally again, she adds.
Personal trainer and fitness coach Scott Laidler agrees, saying: Weight loss is temporary and most people will re-gain any lost weight quickly. Because the Cabbage Soup Diet has such a low calorie intake and virtually no protein, almost all weight lost on this diet will be water and muscle, not body fat. This is a real shame because gaining all that weight back can be crushing psychologically, which can lead to comfort eating and loss of motivation to exercise which in turn leads to more weight gain.
The lack of calories can also leave people feeling lightheaded. Laidler says: Without being used to this level of restriction, most people will experience a lack of energy, headaches and even dizziness, so doing serious exercise whilst on the diet would be out of the question.
Recommended Reading: Campbells Sloppy Joe Recipe
What Is The Cabbage Soup Diet
The Cabbage Soup Diet has variations, but it is mainly:
Yet it is not vegetarian or vegan because limited amounts of beef and chicken are allowed on a couple of days. This is a rigid diet with not a lot of room for tweaks, just like the military diet.
Does The Cabbage Soup Diet Work For Weight Loss
Without a doubt, youll lose weight by following this diet since its a very low-calorie diet.
While there is no evidence, this diet is supposed to have originated in the 80s, and since then, it has been on the top of the list of many people who need to lose weight quickly.
The diet is said to have originated in a hospital in the USA although nothing has been confirmed as a means of helping some patients lose weight quickly before undergoing heart surgery.
The diet allows you to consume large amounts of soup with the basic idea of filling your stomach. Still, since the diet includes mainly low-calorie foods, itll be very difficult to reach the minimum amount of calories that your body needs to keep its weight.
The minimum amount of calories an average adult needs to keep a healthy weight is about 1,200 calories for women and 1,500 calories for men.
Even consuming large amounts of cabbage soup daily, itd be difficult to reach at least 1,000 calories a day, making weight loss inevitable due to the aggressive calorie deficit.
However, this drastic decrease in daily calorie intake can also produce certain metabolic changes in your body that could decrease the number of calories you burn daily. Please see our article about metabolic adaptation.
What usually happens when someone starts losing weight suddenly is that the body reacts by slowing down its metabolic rate, which can result in gaining weight as fast as it was lost after finishing the diet
Also Check: Walmart Onion Soup Mix
Diet : The Cabbage Soup Diet
This fad diet has been around for years, promising followers dramatic weight loss in seven days. But is slurping cabbage soup day after day a healthy way to lose weight?
This diet, as the name suggests, revolves around the consumption of cabbage soup on a regular basis. For each day, there is a variation of cabbage soup to prepare with ingredients like tomatoes, green peppers, onions, mushrooms and bouillon. Here is what the one-week plan looks like:
Day 1: Several servings of cabbage soup and fruits
Day 2: Several servings of cabbage soup and vegetables
Day 3: Several servings of cabbage soup, fruits and vegetables
Day 4: Several servings of cabbage soup, no more than eight bananas, unlimited nonfat milk
Day 5: At least one serving of cabbage soup, 10 to 20 ounces of skinless chicken or beef, no more than six tomatoes, unlimited water
Day 6: Unlimited vegetables and beef
Day 7: At least one serving of cabbage soup, brown rice, vegetables and unsweetened fruit juice
You can purchase numerous books on the Cabbage Soup Diet online, and there are several websites you can visit on the diet. Within the past three years, at least seven books were published on the diet.
The price you pay, however, is more than the cost of the book and all that cabbage. This is a very limiting diet and your palate will suffer. Eating the few allowable foods for the week can get rather boring.
Short shopping list
The Not So Good
Does not promote exercise
What Is The Cabbage Soup Diet How Can It Help You Lose Weight And Detox
As the name suggests, the cabbage soup diet is a short-term weight loss diet plan that involves eating large amounts of cabbage soup for seven days. Reportedly, following the diet for just a week can lead to weight loss of up to 4.5 kilos as it dramatically limits calories. When on this diet, you can also eat certain foods, such as fruits, veggies, skim milk, etc – as per a set schedule.
It is claimed that the cabbage soup diet helps you lose weight by jump-starting your metabolism and fat mobilisation. The low-calorie diet helps to restrict your calorie intake and makes your body to use fat as the energy source. Moreover, cabbage is rich vitamins, minerals and nutrients, including fibre, which helps detoxify and support your weight loss. Read – 3-day Ayurvedic detox plan for weight loss: Top 5 secrets for burning belly fat
Don’t Miss: Chicken Rice Broccoli Cheese Casserole Campbell’s