Classic Potato Soup Ingredients Plus A Few Extras
In place of regular yellow onions, leeks make for a sweet, earthy base for our potato soup recipe. We love how delicate they are, and how they let the creamy, starchy flavor of potatoes shineafter all, this soup is nothing if not all about how much we all love potatoes, right? In addition to salt and pepper, here are all of the ingredients youll need to make our potato soup recipe:
- Whole milk
- Heavy cream
- Sharp white cheddar cheese. The sharper the better! You only need a little, so if you can spring for something really sharp and salty, your potato soup will be that much more delicious.
Tips For Perfect Creamy Potato Soup
- Cut your potatoes into pieces no larger than ¾ and try to keep them around the same size so that they cook at the same time. Nothing worse than biting into a crisp, raw-inside chunk of potato!
- To make this soup nice and creamy, I recommend pureeing about half of it either by using an immersion blender or by transferring a portion of the soup to a blender, pureeing, and then stirring the pureed soup back into the pot . If you want a completely smooth soup you can puree all of it, but I prefer to have a few actual pieces of potato, so I think pureeing half gives it the best taste and texture.
- Dont return the bacon to the pot until after you have pureed some of the soup. Its best not to blend the bacon .
- The ancho chili powder is, in my humble opinion, a must and gives this soup the most perfect depth of flavor. I blend it into the potato soup and also sprinkle it on top before serving. I recommend adding just a ¼ teaspoon and then taste testing before adding more.
This would make a great comfort food for this cold and windy weekend , and while I dont follow football at all I do know that this would be great to make ahead and enjoy during the big game this weekend.
Who really cares about football when you can make yourself a Super Bowl of soup! OK OK Im sorry, enough of that!
Treat yourself to a FREE E-BOOK!
How To Make This Vegan Tomato Soup Recipe
- Heat the vegan butter in a large soup pot.
- Add the onion and carrot and saute for about 8-10 minutes. Until the onion looks translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute a couple more minutes.
- Add the flour and stir and cook to make a roux. It will take about 3 minutes to cook the flour taste out of the mixture.
- Pour in the broth, water, tomato paste, and tomatoes.
- Stir to make sure the roux is all mixed into the liquid. Add the basil.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes. Stir a couple of times to make sure it is not sticking.
- While this is cooking cover the potato pieces with water in a separate saucepan.
- Bring to boil and then lower and cook about 12 to 15 minutes, until tender but not overly cooked.
- Drain and set aside.
- When the tomato mixture is done remove from heat and let cool.
- Now you need to blend the soup. You can either use an immersion blender until it is completely smooth or use a blender. Blend in batches until the soup is smooth.
- Return the tomato soup to the pot by pouring it through a sieve.
- Add the cooked potato chunks.
- Reheat the soup and add the coconut milk, potato chunks, salt, and pepper. Do not bring to a boil, just heat through on medium-high heat.
Taste to see if you need more salt or pepper. They can always add a little to the table.
Of course, you can enjoy this recipe at any time of the year. But if you are looking to warm up on colder days, then this soup fits the bill. And what a great tasting one at that.
Also Check: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Sausage And Potato Soup
Outback Potato Soup Recipe
DIRECTIONS. Potatoes,diced and boiled save till the end. In Pot add broth, onions, salt, pepper,water simmer 20 minutes. in small pot melt 2 sticks butter and 3/4 cup flour together and add to broth slowly. Add approximately. 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream slowly to thicken. simmer 20 mins add potatoes and serve. Garnish with.
Outback steakhouse potato soup recipe chef pablo s recipeschef outback potato soup recipe food com instant pot potato soup copycat outback steakhouse mama needs cake cup of baked potato soup in outback 25 july 15 picture. Whats people lookup in this blog: Outback Loaded Potato Soup Recipe Outback Baked Potato Soup Recipe
Green onion tops. Wash, peel, cut potatoes in small pieces. In medium size pot, barely cover. with water, boil until cooked, but still firm. Add milk and cheese. Cook on low, stirring constantly until cheese melts. Do not boil.
Moreover, does outback have potato soup? Outback Steakhouse Potato Soup Recipe. Loaded baked potato soup is a hearty meal. Serve with a side green salad and some crusty bread to make it a full dinner. Are Outback fries vegan? Unfortunately, Outback uses beef grease in their fryers.
470 reviews of Outback Steakhouse “Actually, I am quite surprised by the previous reviews. I have been to this outback so many times that I’m greeted by name when I enter the building and recieve excellent service every time-but let me be clear, I was the recipient of stellar service here BEFORE I was a regular .
Don’t Miss: Keto Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe
I was so surprised at how quickly this comfort food recipe came together.
She has a brilliant tip microwave your potatoes to cut down on the cooking time. I quickly zapped my spuds in the microwave while I was cooking up some bacon on the stove top. Before I knew it, the soup was ready!
The only thing I did change about this recipe was that I left some of the potato skins on the potatoes. We love the texture of them and I liked how it gave the soup a little more depth.
Its obviously totally optional and would be amazing either way.
But seriously guys, you need this book! Its filled to the brim with not only 100 mouthwatering recipes, but also some super cute and totally do-able crafts to go along with them! Im super excited about the possibility of these easy crafts making me look like a modern day Martha Stewart to all my friends.
Its the little things.
Dont hesitate. Buy this book now. Get it on your Christmas wish-list! Or better yet, buy one for someone that you love! You wont regret it!
Taste Tested: Outback Steakhouse Potato Soup Recipe
Copycat Outback Baked Potatoes. I dont know about you but sometimes when I go to a restaurant I get more excited by the sides than I do about the mains. Like take a bbq steak for example I like it and all but its really overpriced and honestly I find homemade steaks better. Im never disappointed by the potato though . This is my rendition of Outbacks delicious potato.
Outback Steakhouse Potato Soup Recipe. Loaded baked potato soup is a hearty meal. Serve with a side green salad and some crusty bread to make it a full dinner.
OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE CREAMY POTATO SOUP recipe. Peel off the skins and discard skins. In a large soup pot, melt your 2 sticks of butter slowly so it does not burn. Add in the diced onion and cook for about 10 minutes until softened. Add the flour slowly and continue stirring will it cooks.
3. Whisk in flour and stir constantly over low heat until the flour is cooked and the mixture has thickened slightly, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add chicken stock and half of the bacon. Season with salt and pepper. 4. Over medium-high heat, bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
Outback Recipes Potato Soup Renato Jerald March 24, 2018 Outback potato soup recipe food com outback steakhouse potato soup recipe potato soup copycat outback steakhouse cup of baked potato soup in outback 25
Also Check: Aldi Cream Of Chicken Soup
Can You Freeze Potato Soup
Bad news guys. Unlike almost every other soup, Potato Soup does not freeze well. It is best enjoyed within 3-5 days of making. Time to invite some friends over for a soup party to finish it up. Because potatoes are so starchy, they tend to absorb a lot of moisture. This means that during the thawing process they take on extra moisture and can become very grainy. Also, some dairy based soups have a tendency to separate and lose their creaminess after freezing. Its definitely best enjoyed immediately!
All About This Loaded Potato Soup Recipe:
- Simple ingredients: this recipe has all the classic ingredients, just punched up a bit!
- Make it as creamy as you want: control your consistency based on the ingredients you use and how much you want to blend the soup at the end.
- Perfect for family dinners: this is one of those recipes that everyone loves. How could they not? Itâs loaded up with all the toppings you would find on a baked potato.
Don’t Miss: Sloppy Joe Recipe With Tomato Soup
Heres The Simple Steps Youll Follow To Make This Soup :
- In a large pan, melt 2 Tablespoons butter.
- Add the carrots, celery and the onion sauté for 4-5 minutes then add the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Next add the broth, Better than Bullion, potatoes, thyme, salt, pepper, and Cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a rapid boil, then turn the heat to medium, place the lid on top and allow the mixture to cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and cook for an additional 7-8 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
- In a small separate pan, place the remaining 4 Tablespoons butter, and allow it to melt over medium low heat.
- Next place the flour in the pan and whisk until it becomes nice and thick slowly add the milk and mix until all lumps are gone.
- Remove form the heat and add to the other mixture if all the veggies are tender.
- Stir until the mixture is thicker.
- If desired, add 1 cup cooked, diced chicken.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add the cheeses.
- Serve while it is warm.
How To Make Potato Leek Soup
Potato leek soup is simple to make, but first you have to deal with the leeks. Theyre notoriously sandy and dirty, and very good at hiding it, so be sure to wash them well. Start by cutting off and discarding the root ends and thick dark green parts. Cut the leeks in half lengthwise and rinse each half under cold water, pulling apart the layers to remove any grit thats tucked inside.
Once the leeks are clean, roughly chop them you should get about five cups of chopped leeks from four large leeks.
To make the soup, melt the butter in a large soup pot, then add the chopped leeks and garlic.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and wilted.
Next, add the potatoes, chicken broth, bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil.
Then cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
Fish out the bay leaves and thyme sprigs.
Then purée the soup with a hand-held immersion blender until smooth.
Finally, add the heavy cream. You can reduce the amount if youd like but I wouldnt leave it out completely. Cream makes the soup deliciously silky, rich, and smooth just add it little by little until the soup tastes good to you.
Bring to a simmer, then taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve hot, garnished with fresh thyme, chives, or anything you like.
Read Also: Walmart Onion Soup Mix
The Steps I Follow For This Soup
Making potato soup from scratch is simple, and it all happens in one pot! Heres an overview of how to make it .
There are two ways to serve this soup: brothy or thick and blended. We love both and making them is the same except for the last step. For a thick, luxurious, and blended soup use a potato masher or immersion blender to puree or mash about half of the potatoes in the soup to thicken it.
How To Make An Easy Potato Soup
- Cube potatoes. In a large pot , add the cubed potatoes and cover with water, season with salt and cook until the potatoes are tender, drain the potatoes and keep warm. TIP: You can keep the skin on the potatoes if you like.
- Meanwhile, cook your meat! Sauté the bacon until desired crispiness and remove from the Dutch oven, reserve about 1 Tbsp. TIP: You can substitute for cubed ham and skip the sautéing.
- Prepare the cream. Finely cube the onion, add to the reserved grease with butter and sauté until soft. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Vigorously, whisk in the flour and slowly pour in the milk and broth stirring until smooth.
- Add the cooked and drained potatoes to the soup, season with salt and pepper.
- Once the cream comes to a soft boil, stir in the sour cream, bacon, and cheese. Bring to a boil again and remove from heat.
Also Check: Gluten Free Cream Of Mushroom Soup Can
Pro Tips For Baked Potato Soup
- Avoid using extra sharp or aged cheese, stick to mild or sharp orange cheddar if possible. Heluva Sharp Cheddar Cheese is my brand of choice as it has great flavor and melts smoothly.
- Avoid using bagged shredded cheese, as it contains cellulose which prevents the cheese from melting smoothly.
- Milk may be used instead of half and half, just note that the broth wont be quite as thick. Microwave the milk for 45 seconds prior to adding it to avoid curdling.
- Plain Greek Yogurt can be used instead of sour cream.
- Unsalted butter and reduced sodium chicken broth may be used for lower sodium content.
- Cook the potatoes separately in water instead of in the soup. Its not only a time saver as they can cook while the bacon cooks, but it also removes a bit of excess starch which prevents the soup from becoming gluey.
- If preferred, you can use an immersion blender to further blend the soup. It will appear thinner at first, but will continue to thicken upon standing.
How To Make Creamy Potato Soup:
Serve the creamy potato soup with your favorite toppings!
Read Also: Potato Soup Recipes Using Frozen Hash Browns
Slow Cooker Potato Soup
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe is easy to make in the crock-pot, and its perfectly thick and creamy and flavorful !
Alright everyone, I think this one tops the charts as our most requested recipe on the blog ever, so I hope you like it. 🙂
Thats right, I finally made you a recipe for Slow Cooker Potato Soup!!!
The keywords, of course, being slow cooker.
Many of you have already discovered my classic Potato Soup recipe on the blog, which will forever and always be my favorite. But nearly every other comment we have received about this soup is from all of you slow cooking fans, asking if you can make the soup in your crock pots. As someone who shares a deep and undying love of all things potato soup and slow cooking, I was right there with ya! Unfortunately, the traditional recipe wasnt one that that easily converted to slow cooking. Or at least, you couldnt just dump all of the ingredients in and expect thick and creamy and delicious potato soup afterwards.
But I tested out a few different slow cooker approaches and finally figured out one that I think were all going to love. Just like my classic potato soup recipe, this one is super rich and creamy , it requires less than 20 minutes of prep time , and its wonderfully comforting and delicious. But unlike my classic potato soup recipe, your crock pot gets to be the one to slow cook this soup to perfection.