What Side Dishes Can You Serve With Zuppa Toscana
To me, this soup is a meal in and of itself. However, it also goes great with the following sides:
- A nice, crusty baguette for dipping right into the soup like the Italians do.
- A simple side salad works well or this Tomato Cucumber Salad rounds out the Mediterranean meal.
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Asparagus complements this dish nicely, if you want a little extra nutrition from a veggie side.
- Rolls, either homemade or the kind you find in the freezer aisle make a nice, carby accompaniment.
- Oyster crackers my husband eats them by the half box full, no joke. For better or worse, its his thing!
Can You Just Buy Breadsticks From Olive Garden
Yes, you can just buy Olive Garden breadsticks. You can eat them at the restaurant or order them for carryout.
But, lets say you want them RIGHT NOW or you cant get to the store for some reason or its closed, or you want to save money and make them yourself? All good reasons to make your own and use this easy breadsticks recipe!
Have them whenever you want and as many as you want by making them yourself. You will regret nothing!
Ingredients To Make Gnocchi Soup:
This Olive Garden Copycat recipe has been on my list of soups to make for a few years now. I love all of Olive Gardens Soups but their Chicken Gnocchi soup is awesome. The best part is that it is so easy to make! It comes together in less than 20 minutes.
- Butter: Use the butter to make the roux.
- Olive oil: Add to the pan with the butter onion and celery and garlic.
- Onion: I keep frozen diced onion in my freezer so that I can easily add it to any dish.
- Celery: Diced celery gives this soup a great crunch and fresh flavor.
- Garlic cloves:Minced garlic adds a deep Italian flavor.
- All-purpose flour: The flour makes a roux which gives the soup its consistency.
- Half-and-half: The creaminess of this soup.
- Chicken broth: Add as much as you like depending on how thin you like your soup. For a thinner soup use more broth.
- Fresh thyme: Earthy and a little bit sweet, with a slightly minty
- Shredded carrots: I love the sweet flavor the carrots add!
- Spinach leaves: Chopped so that you dont have big pieces in your spoonful.
- Chicken breast: Diced and cooked chicken. Cut into pieces before cooking so it will cook quicker. Cook it in a little bit of olive oil until its just done. Add a little salt and pepper to it if you like.
- Potato gnocchi: Hint- find this on the pasta isle.
- Salt and pepper: To taste!
Don’t Miss: Campbell’s Chicken Broccoli Rice
Stretch Your Meat Budget With Slow Cooker Chicken And Gnocchi
All of the delicious ingredients help to make your meat budget really stretch. You can also substitute chicken thighs for the chicken breasts.
We have even used a combination of both. I often just use what I have in the freezer or what is on sale at the grocery store.
We love simple recipes like this. I keep recipes like this on the regular menu plan rotation because I know the entire family will enjoy these meals.
I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning! Save that money for a family vacation or maybe just some wiggle room in the budget.
This is how I keep our grocery budget reasonable. By shopping when things are on sale I save money on groceries and it really helps our budget.
The Best Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Craving all-you-can-eat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup and cant get to an Olive Garden? This is The Best Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup you will ever eat!
So grab the ingredients, get cooking and be ready to enjoy your favourite soup in the comfort of your own home.
PLUS, at the end of this blog post check out 62 other great soup recipes from my fellow bloggers!
What You Will Need:
Read Also: Onion Soup Mix Dip Recipe
How To Make Chicken Gnocchi Soup
In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add celery, carrots, onion, and garlic , and saute until tender, about 8 minutes.
When vegetables are tender, stir in flour . Allow flour to heat through, about 2 minutes. Slowly add the chicken broth while stirring to prevent lumps . Add chicken and bring mixture to a boil . Add gnocchi , and cook until done, about 5 minutes .
Lower heat to medium-low. Add cream, and stir to combine. Heat to steaming, but not boiling. Stir in spinach, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste . Allow spinach to wilt and soup to totally cook through.
Can You Use A Crockpot For This Recipe
Yes, you can. I personally like to saute the vegetables first before I prepare the soup. You dont need to do that if you like.
Simply place all of the vegetables with the exception of the kale, chicken, seasonings, and stock into the crockpot. Cook on low for 4 hours. Shred the chicken, add in the remaining ingredients and cook for another hour.
If the soup is too thin for you, make a cornstarch slurry of 1 tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons of water. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the soup and turn the crockpot on high and stir until the soup has thickened.
You May Like: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Recipe With Broccoli
How To Make The Best Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Follow along with the step-by-step process photos for The Best Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup and then find the printable recipe below!
Lets prep everything we will need for the recipe.
TIP: You can prep the veggies and chicken the night before for busy weeknight dinners.
Place your matchstick carrots in a bowl and set aside.
Next, thinly slice your celery and set aside.
Grab your chicken, I prefer to use chicken fillets, but you can use boneless skinless chicken breast as well.
Cut your chicken into bite-size pieces and set aside.
Fresh ingredients make me happy!
Roughly chop your spinach and set aside.
Finely chop your onion and mince your garlic.
I hate chopping onions and mincing garlic so I use frozen prechopped onions and frozen crushed garlic cubes!
Heat your olive oil in a large, tall pot over medium-high heat.
Add in your celery, onion and carrots and sauté for 5 minutes.
Next, add in your garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes.
Pour in your chicken stock, thyme and nutmeg.
Next, add in your chicken and stir.
Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce your heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 12 minutes.
While the soup is simmering measure out 2 cups of heavy or table cream.
I use either or, but I had table cream in the fridge today so that is what I used.
Empty your two packages of gnocchi into a bowl, separate all the pieces and set aside.
In a small pot over low heat, warm up your cream.
Mix it until fully combined and no lumps.
Everyone Loves Chicken And Gnocchi Soup
Hands down this has been one of my most popular recipes at CopyKat.com. You can read through the comments and you can see how many people just love this soup. It is easy to make and it tastes great.
Actually, all of my Olive Garden Recipes are pretty popular. Most people seem to just love the Olive Garden menu items.
A lot of people ask me if you can freeze this soup? Yes, you can. So go ahead and make up a batch of this soup and store the extra in your freezer.
Read Also: Is Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix Gluten Free
What To Serve With Slow Cooker Chicken And Gnocchi
This soup is delicious with a simple side salad. We also love to serve it with some type of bread to dip into all of that delicious broth.
If you have a few extra minutes, this Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls Recipe is great with the soup. You can also pick up some breadsticks or French bread at the bakery if you dont have time to bake any.
Can I Use Leftover Shredded Chicken Or Turkey
Sure! If you need to save even more time you are welcome to use pre-cooked and shredded chicken in this soup. After the soup has simmered for around ten minutes, stir in your leftover shredded chicken or turkey.
Let the soup simmer for another five minutes or so and then add in your gnocchi and continue to follow the recipe as directed.
Also Check: Can You Have Tomato Soup On Keto Diet
Can You Freeze Chicken Gnocchi Soup
You sure can! If you freeze it in an air-tight container, it can last for two months.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
However, since its a cream-based soup, know that the consistency might change after you freeze and reheat it. But it will still be delicious!
If youre only keeping it for a few days, its better to refrigerate the soup in an air-tight container. It will last in the fridge for up to three days.
When you reheat leftover gnocchi soup, you may want to add milk because the gnocchi will have absorbed the broth. The milk will help reduce the soups thickness.
Copycat Olive Garden Chicken & Gnocchi Soup Recipe
There are few things better than a delicious, warm, and decadent bowl of soup and Olive Garden‘s chicken gnocchi soup definitely checks all those boxes. If you’ve ever been to Olive Garden, then you’ve likely dunked a breadstick or two into this creamy soup that always leaves you wanting a little more. Well, what if we told you that you could recreate this soup at home, and better yet, in a quick and easy way? This copycat Olive Garden chicken gnocchi soup recipe allows you to do just that, and best of all, it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and cook.
Recipe developer Christina Musgrave from Tasting with Tina came up with an easy yet timeless take on the Olive Garden favorite. While the ingredients for this recipe are simple, Musgrave does suggest that you use everything as listed and no use substitutes to ensure that you’re getting top-quality flavor and balance. So, if you’re craving Olive Garden soup but don’t feel like making the journey out, create an impeccable copycat version right in your home with this recipe!
Recommended Reading: Sloppy Joes With Campbell’s Chicken Gumbo Soup
Can You Use A Crockpot
Positively! Youll need to switch things up a little, though. Heres how to make slow cooker soup:
Pro-tip: If the soup turns out too thin, thicken it with a bit of cornstarch and water. Add the mixture into the soup and stir until thick.
How To Make Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Get all the ingredients together. Use a medium to large stock pot/dutch oven to make this soup.
- First cook the chicken and set aside. Then cook the vegetables by sautéing them. Add the flour and mix in with the vegetables and butter, then slowly add the broth, milk, cream, and spices. Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer for a few minutes. It will start to thicken while simmering.
- Add the gnocchi and fresh spinach and simmer for 5 minutes, then add the chicken back to the pot and cook another 10 minutes. Serve the Olive Garden Copycat Chicken Gnocchi Soup immediately.
Recommended Reading: Lipton Onion Mushroom Soup Mix
What People Are Saying About This Creamy White Chicken Lasagna Soup
I made this soup last week. OMG this is sooooo good. My family moans and groans when i make soups or stews for dinner. This however, was a major hit. This recipe is a keeper. Jamie
I tried this last night, and it was delicious! The kids really liked it as well- a nice and comforting soup. Amanda
This was extremely good! My boyfriend and dad loved it and kept talking about how amazing it was. Sierra
This was great! I used 1% milk instead of half and half and omitted the creme cheese and it was plenty rich! I also added some vegetables because thats just what I do lol! Jessica
How To Make Gnocchi:
Gnocchi is made from potatoes, flour, and eggs. It seems like an odd combination I would have never thought of, but I am so happy someone did! Although it does take time to make from scratch, making gnocchi can be so fun!
When I am in the mood and I have the time, I enjoy making it myself. However, it tastes great store bought too! If you are hoping to try it from scratch here is the breakdown:
You May Like: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Olive Garden Chicken & Gnocchi Soup Allergens
Allergy Information: a Olive Garden Chicken & Gnocchi Soup contains egg, gluten, milk, soy and wheat. a Olive Garden Chicken & Gnocchi Soup does not contain fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish or tree nuts.*
* Please keep in mind that most fast food restaurants cannot guarantee that any product is free of allergens as they use shared equipment for prepping foods.
Cooks Note Chicken Gnocchi Soup:
- You can lighten this soup up by using 2 cups of half-and-half and 2 cups of milk. To lighten up the recipe even further, you can also use just milk, and itll still taste great.
- For this recipe, you can cook up the chicken breasts and then dice them, or you can use rotisserie chicken, which is what I do most of the time.
- You can find gnocchi for this recipe in a couple of different places in the supermarket. My local store sells shelf-stable potato gnocchi where dry pasta is sold. Sometimes you can find them in the refrigerated section where ravioli or tortellini are sold.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
Don’t Miss: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Heat oil and melt butter in the Instant Pot using the SAUTE setting. Add the onions and celery, and cook for 2 minutes or until the onion is soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for a minute. Switch off the saute setting.
- Add chicken or vegetable stock, raw chicken breasts, carrot, fresh thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Secure the lid and set the vent to SEALING. Select the PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL setting and set the cooking time for 7 minutes at high pressure. The Instant Pot will take around 7-8 minutes to come to pressure and start cooking. When the cooking program ends, quickly release the steam.
- Carefully remove the lid, and take the chicken out and dice or shred it into pieces then set aside.
- On the Instant Pot choose the SAUTE-low setting, and add in the gnocchi and let the soup simmer until the gnocchi float to the top . Switch off the saute setting.
- Stir in half and half, spinach, and chicken. Give the spinach a few minutes to wilt, and the soup is ready to be served!
- If the soup is not thick enough, you can thicken it by adding 2 tablespoons of cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon of water. Stir until the soup is thickened .
How To Make Crockpot Chicken And Gnocchi Soup:
This Chicken Gnocchi Soup is also easy to make in the slow cooker if you need to plan ahead!
Simply saute your onion, celery and spices as the recipe originally calls for .
Add the chicken and other vegetables to the crockpot with the broth, and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Shred the chicken and add in the gnocchi, cream, spinach and Parmesan and cook another 20-30 minutes.
You May Like: Andersen Split Pea Hotel Solvang
Can I Make The Gnocchi From Scratch
Yes! Ive made gnocchi a few times in the past as its so easy, and I will be the first to admit that making gnocchi is fun, tastes better than store bought and isnt too hard especially if you have a gnocchi roller.
However, it is more work than I care to do and the store bought versions are getting better and better so Im quite content to buy it. However, if youre wanting to make it yourself this is the Homemade Gnocchi Recipe that I used.
Saute Onion Garlic And Celery
Heat a large Dutch oven over medium/high heat, and then add butter. When the butter is melted add the onion to the pot and sauté the onion for 3-4 minutes.
Add the celery and garlic to the pot, stir, and sauté for an additional 3-4 minutes.
Dont skip this step as its crucial to releasing the flavors of the onion, garlic and celery into your chicken gnocchi sou!
Read Also: Lipton Onion Soup Roast