Carrot And Ginger Soup With Turmeric
In winter, there’s nothing better than a delicious, healthy soup to warm you up. Soups are incredibly easy to prepare. All you have to do is finely chop the ingredients, fry them briefly, simmer until soft and then blend together. Once the ingredients are in the pan, there’s not much left to do! This classic flavour combination will warm you up from the inside out on cold winter days.
Please note: If you adjust the quantities yourself, it may happen that the recipe is not perfect. The quantities and cooking times of the ingredients are not automatically adjusted in the text. If you have any questions about the quantities in this recipe, the culinary professionals at Betty Bossi will be happy to help you:Betty Bossi Koch-Center
Heat the oil in a large pan. Sauté the onion until translucent, add the garlic, ginger and turmeric, sauté for approx. 1 min. Add the carrot, continue cooking for approx. 2 mins. Pour in the bouillon, simmer the soup for approx. 20 mins. until the carrots are soft. Blend the soup until smooth, stir in the lemon juice.
Serve the soup in 4 bowls, garnish with the coconut milk and sesame seeds, serve immediately.
|Garnish the soup with micro greens.|
Which one do you want to print / save?
You have not yet logged in
To save notes you must log on with your MyFOOBY account. Do you not yet have an account? Register now.
Note on: Carrot and ginger soup with turmeric
Note on: Carrot and ginger soup with turmeric
Thai Curried Carrot Soup
You guessed itadd some Thai red curry paste for a lively carrot soup with irresistible Thai flavors. At the end, blend in some lime juice instead of lemon. This variation is especially beautiful when garnished with chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro leaves.
Please let me know how your soup turns out in the comments! I love hearing from you.
Wondering what to pair with this carrot soup? Here are a few suggestions:
- Total Time:1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield:4 bowls 1x
How To Make Carrot Ginger Soup
This easy carrot ginger soup recipe can be broken down into three main steps. Cooking, blending and adding toppings. Heres how to do it:
Read Also: Oven Potatoes With Onion Soup Mix
What Can I Do With A Lot Of Carrots
The first time I made this creamy carrot soup was to use up the abundance of carrots I had on hand. It took 3 pounds of carrots to make and it was truly the perfect use for them.
Roasted carrots, cook together with aromatics like garlic and fresh ginger and couple of warm Mediterranean spices. The base of this soup is mostly broth with a bit of heavy cream for a silky
Blend In A Stand Blender
Stand blenders always yield ultra creamy results. Immersion blenders dont come close! Thats why I always recommend blending soup in a stand blender instead. I dont like cleaning extra dishes, either, but the resulting texture is worth the effort. You can find my favorite blenders .
Be careful while blending. Let the soup cool for a few minutes before transferring to a blender, never fill past the maximum fill line , and be careful near the steam escaping from the lid .
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Cream Of Chicken Soup Aldi
Carrot And Ginger Soup
Recipe may contain milk, soy and lactose.
Boost your immune system this winter with a good dose of ginger and vitamin C in this hearty carrot soup.
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 4 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- Chopped dill leaves, to serve
- Select all ingredients
- Heat oil
Unsure of the quantity needed?
OK, Got It in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion , ginger and garlic . Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Step 2 Add carrots carrots, peeled, chopped), stock and 2 cups water to saucepan. Simmer, partially covered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until carrots are very tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
How Can I Make This Carrot Soup Vegan
Easy! Simply swap the heavy cream for canned coconut milk. To be honest, I prefer the coconut milk version! You can use full-fat coconut milk or lite both are delicious.
If you try this recipe, please leave a rating! And, if you find it share-worthy which I hope you do please share. Tag #kitchentreaty on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest, and dont forget to check out my other recipes!
Stove Top Carrot Ginger Soup:
Alternatively, you can make this homemade carrot soup recipe on the stovetop. This method takes about 30-35 minutes from start to finish and involves fewer steps compared to the roasted version.
To make this carrot puree soup on the stovetop, simply:
Creamy Roasted Carrot Soup
Like carrots? Youre going to love this carrot soup recipe. Its luxuriously creamy and full of incredible roasted carrot flavor.
This classic carrot soup is a wonderful soup to serve with your favorite winter salads, sandwiches, and even holiday entrées. Since carrots go well with so many other flavors, its a versatile soup to keep in your repertoire.
You might be pleasantly surprised to learn that this creamy soup is actually made without cream. Its a light and healthy soup, not to mention budget-friendly, too.
I tried making the soup with sautéed carrots instead of roasted, but roasted carrots give this soup magical powers. If youre a fan of my butternut squash soup or cauliflower soup, the method for this recipe will be familiar already.
Since I cant help but play around with flavors, I came up with three fun and simple variationscarrot ginger soup, curried carrot soup, and Thai curried carrot soup with lime. Youll find details in the recipe notes. Its about time this food blog had a proper carrot soup recipe, and its really four in one!
Read Also: Campbell’s Soup Broccoli Rice Casserole
Roasted Carrot Ginger Soup:
As I mentioned earlier, this is my favorite way to make this healthy carrot soup recipe.
Because during the roasting process the sugars in the carrots get caramelized leaving you with a delicious roasted flavor that takes this otherwise simple carrot ginger soup recipe to a whole new level.
This method takes about 40-45 minutes from start to finish.
If you want to make a roasted carrot method, simply:
At this point, this roasted carrot ginger soup is vegan. However, I love topping it off with a dollop of creme fraiche to balance out the sweet and spicy flavors.
Simmer To Bring It All Together
Then, well add vegetable broth, water, and the roasted carrots when they are out of the oven. Well gently simmer them all together for 15 minutes to bring all the flavors together.
Of note: Ive been experimenting with using water instead of vegetable broths in soups, and I rarely miss the broth. If youre cutting costs or watching your sodium intake, water is a great option here. Ill share my notes on this subject in greater detail soon.
Also Check: Lipton Onion Mushroom Soup Mix
Why Should You Make This Recipe
In todays post, we are adding a new recipe to the collection of fall soups with this creamy and healthy carrot ginger soup recipe . There is so much to love about this velvety soup. Here are a few reasons why you should give it a try:
- An actually healthy soup recipe: Made with just a few good-for-you and simple ingredients like carrots, onions, ginger, and fresh garlic, this easy carrot soup is packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Made two different ways: I am going to show you how to make it in two different ways. First, I will make it by roasting carrots in the oven, and then second, I will show you how to make it on the stovetop. If I am being honest, the version made with roasted carrots is my favorite because of the complex flavors that are caused by caramelization that happens in the oven. However, I wanted to show you the stovetop method just in case you are planning to make this during the holidays when your oven is in high demand and you have other things to cook in it. The good thing is that both ways take about the same amount of time from start to finish.
- Meal prep friendly: It can be made ahead and leftovers freeze well.
- Can be served warm or cold: While I usually make this during the cold days of fall/winter, this easy soup can also be served cold.
Tips To Make It Ultra Creamy
You can use either a hand-held immersion blender or a high-powered blender to puree the soup. If you use an immersion blender , it will be creamy, but with texture.
If youd like the soup ultra creamy, transfer it to a full-sized blender and blend on high for one minute. Itll be silky smooth.
You can also add more broth to the soup, if youd like it thinner rather than thick and hearty. Its up to you!
Also Check: Red Potatoes And Lipton Onion Soup Mix
How Do You Make Carrot Soup From Scratch
- First, roast the carrots until tender and perfectly caramelized.
- Puree in the food processor
When the carrots have cooled enough to handle, cut them up and blend them in a food processor with fresh garlic , about 1 tablespoon of minced fresh ginger, and 3 cups of vegetable broth or chicken broth and puree .
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook
Turn the heat down and stir in the heavy cream . Cook, stirring regularly, until warmed through.
Kitchen Products I Recommend:
& amp lt span data-mce-type=bookmark style=display: inline-block width: 0px overflow: hidden line-height: 0 class=mce_SELRES_start& amp gt & amp lt /span& amp gt & amp lt span data-mce-type=bookmark style=display: inline-block width: 0px overflow: hidden line-height: 0 class=mce_SELRES_start& amp gt & amp lt /span& amp gt & amp lt span data-mce-type=bookmark style=display: inline-block width: 0px overflow: hidden line-height: 0 class=mce_SELRES_start& amp gt & amp lt /span& amp gt
Looking for even more easy soup recipes? Check out these ones!
Recommended Reading: Beefy Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Tips For Making The Smoothest And Creamiest Soup
With help from these tips, we think youll find the texture of this soup is super creamy as is.
- Tender carrots are key for a creamy soup. When checking to see if the carrots are done, make sure that a fork or knife can easily be inserted and pulled right out.
- Dont be afraid to turn the blender on high and leave it on for a good minute to ensure all the carrot is fully puréed.
- If you want to go super creamy and rich, blend a little coconut cream or heavy cream right into the soup.
How To Make It In An Instant Pot
If youd rather make this soup in an electric pressure cooker, simply:
You May Like: Sodium In French Onion Soup
How To Make Roasted Carrot Soup
Its super easy. First, you toss the carrots in olive oil, salt, and pepper, and you roast them in the oven until gloriously golden.
Meanwhile, sauté the onions and add the ginger and broth. Sautéing the onions just to the point of browning simmering the ginger each step helps to maximize the flavor of each ingredient.
Let it cool for a bit, because the next step could create a bit of splash-over pureeing! Add the roasted carrots to the soup and blend. You can puree your roasted carrot soup in your high-speed blender or right in your pan with an immersion blender. Running the soup in the high-speed blender for some extra time will give you the creamiest consistency, if youre looking for that.
Next, return the soup to the pot and add cream for the vegetarian version, or coconut milk for the vegan version. Swirl it on in! Then taste, add some more salt and pepper if you like, and devour.
I like to top my roasted carrot soup with an extra drizzle of coconut cream and maybe a little snippet of parsley.
And dont forget the bread!
Love carrot soup? Check out this Instant Pot curried carrot soup with red lentils for some added protein oomph!
Variations & Ideas To Change It Up / Serving Suggestions:
While I love this creamy carrot soup as it is, you can try the following version to change it up:
- Cold or Chilled Carrot Ginger Soup: If you are serving this during the summer months, you can also serve it cold. If you are doing so, I highly recommend using a high-speed blender to make it extra creamy.
- Carrot Apple Ginger Soup: Similar to how I did with my Butternut Squash Apple Soup recipe, you can add in an apple to up the sweetness of the soup. I usually go for a Granny Smith apple but you can use whatever kind you have on hand. Simply cut it into cubes and place it at the same time when you add the carrots into the pot.
Benefits Of Eating Carrots
- Protects Vision. Carrots are a good source of beta-carotene which converts into Vitamin A, and our retinas need Vitamin A. Theyre also a good source of lutein which supports good eye health.
- Cardiovascular Support. Studies show that diets rich in carotenoids are associated with a lower risk of heart disease. Carrots are high in soluble fibers, and consuming carrots on a regular basis may help to lower cholesterol levels.
- Detox/Cleanse. Carrots are rich with Vitamin A, which aids the liver in flushing out the toxins from the body. It helps to remove bile and fat from the liver.
- Promotes Brain Health. Eating more root vegetables may help to protect our brains from cognitive decline. Beta-carotene found in carrots protects the central nervous system against aging.
- Boosts Immunity. Carrots are rich with Vitamin A, which is important for strengthening our immune system. Vitamin A helps to stimulate the production of white blood cells, which plays a large role in helping to protect our bodies from diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory Benefits: The Vitamin A provided in carrots offer anti-inflammatory properties. Vitamin A is one of the most important anti-inflammatory vitamins there is. Inflammation is believed to be a contributing factor to disease, such as Alzheimers, heart disease, cancer and arthritis.