How To Make Thick Egg Drop Soup
If you prefer a thicker egg drop soup add a bit of Xanthan Gum. It will help to give the chicken broth more viscosity without any corn starch or flour. Keto friendly recipes do not contain corn starch because per serving there are 7 grams of carbs, and 6.9 grams of net carbs. That is why traditional egg drop soup isnt always keto.
Keto Soup Recipes To Warm You Up
These tasty keto soup recipes have all of the flavor and none of the carbs!
So, you just decided to go on the ketogenic diet. This diet, originally designed for people with epilepsy, calls for consuming foods that are high in fat and low in carbs.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
Doing so prompts your body to go into ketosis, a process where your body burns those nasty fats and turns them into energy, making you lose weight.
Its promising, but it isnt easy. While youre free to enjoy bacon, cheese, and steak, youll have to say goodbye to sugar, pastries, potatoes, rice, and white bread.
Changing your lifestyle is a challenge, but these keto soup recipes will make your transition go smoothly.
With these soups, youll say hello to a slimmer figure in no time.
With keto, going on a diet doesnt mean giving up comfort food. Juicy chicken and hearty cauliflower are the stars of this scrumptious soup.
Its low-carb, paleo-friendly, dairy-free, and gluten-free, but its wonderfully tasty.
Also, one serving is only 200 calories. Delicious, nutritious, and low in calories its the ultimate diet food!
It gets extra points for being super easy to make. Your chicken soup will be ready for lunch or dinner in under 40 minutes. How awesome is that?
Keto Chicken Soup With Cream
- Place your pressure cooker over high heat.
- Add the butter, onion and celery and saute until the onion turns translucent.
- Add the chicken, salt, pepper and chicken stock and stir well.
- Place the lid on the cooker, pressurize and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 1 hour.
- Turn off the heat and leave the pressure cooker to depressurize for 15 minutes before removing the lid.
- Use a metal spoon to press the chicken against the sides of the pot to shred the meat.
- Place the pot over low heat and add the cream.
- Sprinkle the xanthan gum over the simmering soup and whisk for 5 minutes to ensure there are no lumps.
- Remove from the heat and serve topped with the chives.
Recommended Reading: New England Soup Factory Menu
Tips For Making The Best Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
Cooking Low Carb Egg Drop Soup
Now its time to cook your easy keto egg drop soup. It will take just 10 minutes to make this soup, so get ready to fall in love and make it on repeat.
Begin by heating a pot over medium high heat. Add the chicken broth, garlic, ginger, and liquid aminos. Stir well to dissolve the powders and then bring it to a boil
Next crack two eggs in a small bowl whisking well to fully combine the eggs and whites.
When the broth begins to boil remove it from the heat and swirl a fork in it. You want a circular vortex to form. Once the water is swirling, SLOWLY pour the egg mixture into the hot broth. Continue to stir with a fork as the eggs are added.
Serve immediately and feel free to garnish with 1 tsp of sesame oil and/ or green onions. This easy keto egg drop soup does not store well as the eggs will become rubbery when reheated. AKA eat up!
Also Check: Is Chicken Soup Good For Weight Loss
Ingredients For Keto Tomato Soup
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in this low carb tomato soup. For the complete recipe, just keep scrolling.
- Spices- onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- San Marzano Tomatoes I highly recommend these tomatoes, they are delicious!
- Chicken broth- can use vegetable broth if you prefer
- Heavy cream
- Keto sweetener- I used confectioners Monkfruit sweetener
What Should I Serve With Keto Soup
The best thing about these soups being so low-carb? You can still add your favorite low-carb bread side! You can have the Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup with a large Keto Cheddar Garlic Biscuit for just under 7 net carbs!
When you try the Instant Pot Pizza Soup, add in these Keto Cheesy Zucchini Breadsticks to round out the meal. These Rosemary Garlic Keto Rolls pair super well with the Bacon Cheeseburger Soup as well!
For more keto-friendly breads to pair with your soup and other meals, check out this list of 30+ AMAZING Keto Bread Recipes! As I said before, check out this post for Keto Soup Garnish & Topper Ideas may be helpful as well!
You May Like: Low Sodium Soups That Taste Good
Carrot Ginger Soup With Cabbage Noodles
When it comes to healthy keto soup ideas, nothing beats this one. Made with beta-carotene-rich carrots, antioxidants-loaded ginger, and fibrous cabbage, this veggie soup with cabbage noodles packs a whole lot of benefits. Also included are keto broth and olive oil for added fat include ketone-boosting MCTs.
Sweet and slightly hot, this soup uses cabbage noodles.
Can You Freeze Chicken Soup
Chicken soup does very well when you put it in the freezer as long as you put it into an airtight container. I also like to put the plastic container into a ziploc freezer bag for double protection. It will last about 3 months in your freezer.
To thaw it out just take it out of the freezer, and pop it into a saucepan and heat slowly until all of the soup is thawed completely. If you think of it ahead of time then you can take it out of the freezer the night before and stick it in the refrigerator to thaw slowly.
Don’t Miss: Cheesy Potatoes With Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Why Soups & Stews Are The Perfect Keto Food
Carolyn points out that soups and stews are actually the perfect Keto food.
- Theyre simple, easy and adaptable. If youre new to the Keto diet or cooking in general soups are a great place to start. Dont have this or want to add a little more of that.. go for it.
- Theyre economical. The Keto diet can be expensive with its emphasis on organic protein, but soups and stews allow you to stretch your ingredients.
- Theyre quick. There are not many pre-made convenience foods available on the Keto diet, but many soups and stews can be ready in under 40 minutes making them the perfect weeknight dinner.
- Theyre great for meal-prep and make ahead meals. Make them ahead and then pack them up for the perfect lunch on the go.
- Theyre scalable. Have a big family double the recipe. Cooking for just yourself then make half. Most of these recipes can be adjusted very easily.
- Theyre accessible. No weird ingredients youve never heard of or will never be able to find. Youll be familiar with all of the ingredients, which will be really comforting when you are adjusting your nutritional plan.
- Theyre healthy. This is the most important one. All of these recipes are chock-full of beneficial nutrients. Especially if you make your own broth!
How To Make Low Carb Keto Chicken Soup On The Stove
For this keto chicken soup recipe we chose to cook it on the stove, and we will share the instructions step by step with you.
Preparing the ingredients:
STEP 1: Get a large cutting board and a sharp knife of your choice.
STEP 2: Cut up your veggies and set them aside.
STEP 3: Cut up your chicken and put that aside too.
Putting the soup together:
STEP 4: Add the oil to the pan and then proceed to add the veggies, one at a time, celery, carrots, onions, and garlic. Stir together.
STEP 5: Now its time to add the spices and stir together to make sure everything is blended.
STEP 6: The next step is to add your broth or stock.
STEP 7: Add the bay leaf and add the spinach.
STEP 8: Next add the chicken. Stir and then put on the lid.
STEP 9: Simmer for 1 hour or until the veggies and chicken are soft.
You May Like: Potato Bacon Leek Soup Slow Cooker
Is Xanthan Gum Keto
There are 7g of carbs per tablespoon of xanthan gum. A little bit goes a long way, and most recipes call for a tiny amount of xanthan gum a pinch or a fraction of a teaspoon or less. Therefore, xanthan gum can be considered keto and works well as a thickener.
Some people experience gastrointestinal symptoms with gums like xanthan gum. Experiment for yourself and see how you feel.
To thicken your soup using cornstarch, make a mixture of liquid and cornstarch in equal parts.
Prepare the slurry using a cold liquid and later add your slurry to the soup.
To prepare the slurry, use the 1:2 ratio, i.e., one tablespoon cornstarch with two tablespoons of water.
What do I do if my soup is too watery?
Instant Pot Tuscan Sausage & Kale
If the last two recipes for Tuscan soup sound appealing but you prefer to avoid a messy stovetop, this keto instant pot soup will be perfect.
The Italian sausage gives this dish the bulk of its flavor. The sun-dried tomatoes add a robust and tart taste that complements the other ingredients perfectly.
The nice thing about this Tuscan stew recipe is that its all done in your Instant Pot. Once your sausage is browned and drained, you add in your veggies, then your broth and tomatoes. Finish it off with kale and heavy cream.
The combination of sausage and sun-dried tomatoes really takes this soup to a new level. Its hearty, fresh, and perfect for a chilly winter day.
Recommended Reading: Green Bean Casserole Without Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Mouthwatering Keto Soup Recipes
Soups are great for a Keto diet! Theyre really versatile and easy to make. And depending on how hungry you are, you can make it light or heavy.
You can divide Keto soup recipes into 4 components:
So, depending what you have in your fridge and pantry and what you fancy that day, you can design your own Keto soups to fit your needs. Simply mix and match!
Prefer actual tried and tested recipes to work with? Dont worry, weve put together a large selection of ketogenic soup recipes below. Youll find everything from traditional chicken to thick non-dairy creamy soups. For more meal prep ideas, click here.
How To Prepare Borscht Soup
- In a medium to large pot add 8 cups of water, bouillon cubes, bay leaf, ginger, salt, pepper and chives and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium, then add two tablespoons of pickled beet juice, vinegar or lemon juice
- Add two tablespoons of tomato paste, then stir the broth
- Using a large frying pan, add the butter or extra-virgin olive oil, mustard seeds, minced garlic, red chilli peppers, and onions, then saute for 2 mins on medium heat.
- Wearing gloves, peel and cube or slice the beets, then add to the frying pan
- Add the beef chunks to the beets and fry them until they are medium rare.
- I sauteed the beets for a couple of minutes to finish the cooking process.
- Once the beef is cooked, set them into a bowl or straight into the broth. Add the beef drippings into the pot to boost the broth flavour.
- Remove the bay leaf from the broth
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into cubes
- Clean and slice one red bell pepper
- Wash and peel two carrots, then slice thin
- Shred 4 cups of green cabbage
- Add the cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, and potatoes to the pot
- Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce and cover it slightly.
- Let cook for one hour on medium-high heat or until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve in a bowl hot with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt topped with dill, parsley or chives.
- Let cool, then refrigerate to chill the Borscht for a cold soup.
Recommended Reading: Benefits Of Miso Soup For Weight Loss
Keto Stuffed Pepper Soup
If youre a fan of stuffed bell peppers, youre going to love this next one.
Ground beef, bell peppers, and cauliflower rice swim in a flavorful broth of sweet tomatoes. This low-carb soup is full of color, flavor, and texture.
Since its also loaded with cauliflower rice, this soup is super filling. Its a complete meal even on its own.
The best part? Its ready in half an hour, proving that even when youre busy, you can still lead a healthy lifestyle.
Craving the goodness of a Philly cheesesteak sandwich? Well, we know you cant have bread, so make soup instead.
This soup will satisfy your craving while still adhering to Keto requirements.
Brimming with sliced ribeye steak, mushrooms, green peppers, and cheese sauce, this soup is phenomenal.
You can use American cheese, provolone, or even Cheese Whiz for this recipe, and your soup will still turn out amazing.
Lets take a break from the hot soups and turn our attention to this cold cucumber soup.
This refreshing treat is a perfect appetizer on a hot summer day.
Cucumbers, Greek yogurt, garlic, lime juice, dill thats all you need! Its simple, yet it sure hits the spot.
It also couldnt be easier to make. Just pop all the ingredients in the blender, and pulse away.
Theres no cooking involved, so itll be ready in a few minutes.
I love me some smoked salmon. The combination of rich and smoky flavors gives me joy.
Whatll be even better, though, is if you turn that delicious specimen into a chowder.
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Its extremely easy to make in under 30 minutes, so its perfect if you are terribly busy.
- Perfect for meal prep as it stays fresh for up 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Super filling and delicious
If youre like me and dont have hours daily to spend in the kitchen this recipe is for you.
Chicken soup is a great mood booster while being super nutritious, comforting, the perfect keto soup when sick.
This soup recipe is naturally keto-friendly and low in carbs. If you want to know how to make a creamy chicken soup that needs only common ingredients, and its ready in under 30 minutes, you have to try this recipe.
Don’t Miss: Dry Onion Soup Mix Recipe
Winning Cream Of Vegetable Soup
Made with simple keto veggies and instant broth, this creamy vegetable soup is ready in no time. Ingredients included are broccoli, carrots, half-and-half, and xanthan gum to add thickness without adding carbs. It has beef chili flavor thanks to the instant broth, but feel free to experiment with other broth flavors.
Creamy, loaded with keto veggies, and bursting with flavor.
Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
A keto-friendly copycat of Panera Breads famous Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Its just as cheesy, rich, and loaded with broccoli as the original, but this keto broccoli cheese soup is also keto-approved as well as healthy and hearty. Another thing thats really great about it is that you need only a handful of ingredients and around half an hour of your time to make it.
Your favorite cheesy broccoli soup but keto.
Other Vegetables To Add
Soups like this one are incredibly easy to customize. What are your favorite vegetables? Add them and amp up the flavor.
Keep in mind that the more vegetables you add, the more net carbs there will be. It can still be keto-friendly, you just have to keep the carb count in mind.
Here are a few vegetable ingredients that you can start with:
- Cauliflower: Chop it into very small pieces so it blends in better.
- Avocado: Add just a tablespoon to make this keto chicken soup even creamier.
- Zucchini: This vegetable cooks faster, so add it last.
- Pepper:Chop the peppers up into thin slivers so they cook faster.
Diced Chicken Taco Stew & Chipotle Chili
If youre looking for a taco soup recipe that calls for chicken instead of beef, look no further than this chicken taco soup. It packs all of your favorite Mexican flavors plus a hefty dose of nutrients into one bowl of easy taco soup.
One of the stand-out ingredients in this dish is cabbage, which is perfect for a low-carb diet.
Start out by sautéing your garlic and onion, then add the chicken, bell peppers, and cabbage and cook until soft. Finally, add the tomatoes and stock and let simmer.
Top this recipe with whatever taco toppings you prefer. Sour cream, jalapenos, and cilantro all make great choices.
You May Like: Chicken Soup Delivery San Francisco
How To Make Cheeseburger Soup
Ive given detailed instructions in the recipe card below on how to make this keto-friendly soup recipe, but here are the basic steps: