How To Make Beef Roast With Onion Soup Mix
While our roast is going to pick up plenty of flavors during its long roast time in the oven, a little salt and pepper will go a long way! Give your roast a quick hit of salt and pepper- make sure you pat it in real well.
Additionally, were going to give our roast a quick coating of flour as well. This will help with browning once you start searing it.
Youll then want to roast this in a large pan or dutch oven. Make sure to brown it on all sides.
Remove your beef roast from your pan but leave any drippings in the pan. Were going to add some flour to our roast juices here to make a quick roux.
Allow that roux to cook for a little bit. Once the raw flour smell to cook off and your roux has cooked to a nice, rich brown, youll want to add a packet of your onion soup mix. If youre making a smaller roast, youll likely want to use just half a packet- you can use the other half here in a little bit. Mix that in and allow it to bubble a little bit before moving on to the next step.
We are going to need some more liquids in the pot for this roast. Stir some stock in gradually, making sure youre stirring constantly the entire time. This is going to make a sort of gravy-like sauce thats going to make our beef roast taste amazing!
After letting this sauce come up to a boil, were finally going to add our roast back to the party. Put it back in your cooking vessel of choice and top it with an extra packet of our onion soup mix.
How Long To Cook Pork Roast In The Crock Pot
All crock pots are different and the newer ones seem to cook way faster than they used to. So it can take a little practice to get to know your slow cooker and come up with the perfect time. For a 3-4 pound pork loin it takes approximately 8 hours on a low heat. I almost never turn mine to high because it just dries out the food. A little fat on the meat helps to keep things moist if you end up leaving it a little bit too long.
If you are using a pork shoulder, I like to do closer to 10 hours to make sure it is really tender. The shoulder is a little bit tougher and needs just a little bit more time to really break down and become delicious. If you have an Instant Pot, check out Instant Pot Pulled Pork for an amazing recipe.
The shopping list for this recipe is relatively short. But that is great, because you can keep them on hand at all times to make this recipe any day of the week.
How To Cook A Roast In A Browning Bag With French Onion Soup Mix
Cooking a roast in a browning bag with dried onion soup mix results in a tasty, tender finished product with a minimum of preparation. In fact, all of the prep can be done in the time it takes the oven to preheat. Its a no fail method for less-experienced home cooks, and an invitation to the more skilled to experiment with variations on the basic method. More commonly called an oven bag, the handy nylon bags can be found in the plastic wrap aisle at the market.
More About Lipton Soup Pork Roast Recipes
THAT OLD LIPTON ONION SOUP POT ROAST RECIPE – FRUGAL HAUSFRAU
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned on all sides. Place beef in slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with Onion Soup Mix. Tuck the potatoes in around the roast. Add the carrots and celery. Pour about 2 cups of water into the skillet the beef was browned in and scrape up any brown bits from the pan. Pour into the crockpot. Add additional water to reach halfway up the roast. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high 4 to 5 hours.
10 BEST PORK ROAST WITH LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX RECIPES |
LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX PORK ROAST RECIPE IN OVEN – IMAGE OF …
LIPTON ONION SOUP POT ROAST – CINCYSHOPPER
SLOW COOKER POT ROAST | LIPTON KITCHENS
- Combine Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix with water in glass measuring cup. Add to skillet, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan. Add soup mixture to slow cooker. Cook covered on Low 8 to 10 hours or HIGH 4 to 6 hours. Remove roast and vegetables to serving platter.
- Thicken gravy, if desired, by combining additional 1/4 cup water with 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour. Cook on HIGH 15 minutes or until thickened.
LIPTON ONION PORK – RECIPES | COOKS.COM
LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX PORK CHOPS – SOUPNATION.NET
LIPTON ONION SOUP BRISKET RECIPE – U WIRING
Lipton Onion Soup Pot Roast
There are all sorts of neat little tricks that people have to add all sorts of rich, delicious flavor to their favorite pot roasts. Browning, Worcestershire, and soy sauce- chances are, youve heard them all. What you might not be too familiar with is using some Lipton onion soup mix in your pot roast! This special little ingredient not only helps make juicy, tender pot roasts but it makes them super flavorful!
We also went out of our way to make this pot roast in the oven- while slow cooker pot roasts are super easy and delicious, ovens still work. Some of us also might not have slow cookers or instant pots on hand- but I imagine most of you have ovens! Besides, theres a certain charm to pulling a well-cooked pot roast from the oven- especially when its one this tasty!
This oven pot roast recipe is especially easy to make. If youre wondering how to make a tender beef roast in the oven, our instructions here are the answer youre looking for. So grab your favorite dutch oven and get to cooking! Youre going to love making this juicy pot roast in the oven.
Also Check: Campbells Chicken Casserole Recipes
Lipton Onion Roasted Potatoes Recipe
This recipe for Lipton Onion Roasted Potatoes, by , is from Our Favorite Family Recipes, one of the cookbooks created at FamilyCookbookProject.com. Well help you start your own personal cookbook! Its easy and fun.
|1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix 4 medium all-purpose potatoes, cut into large chunks 1/3 cup olive oil|
Preheat oven to 425°. Combine all ingredients in 13 x 9-inch baking or roasting pan.Bake, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and golden brown, about 35 minutes.TIP: Try using red skinned potatoes and adding garlic and herbs. Also terrific with Lipton Recipe Secrets Savory Herb with Garlic, Onion Mushroom or Golden Onion Soup Mix.
Read Also: Beefy Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Lipton Soup Pork Roast
A wonderfully moist pork roast that is so teander it will just fall apart around cooking. Great for the whole family…even the husband. 🙂
Provided by RockinChef
|3 lbs pork roast or 2 large butterflied pork chops|
|2 packages Lipton Onion Soup Mix|
|2/3 cup ketchup|
|1 teaspoon cracked black pepper|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder|
|4 chicken bouillon cubes|
- Place pork into a crock pot and cover with water or chicken stock/broth .
- Turn crock pot onto low.
- Add soup mix, ketchup, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and boulins.
- Mix spices as well as you can into the water.
- Cover and let cook for atleast 7-8 hours.
- A wonderful side with this is white or brown rice that has been cooked in the broth from the crock pot instead of water.
- Believe me, you will love it.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 540.2, Fat 18.1, SaturatedFat 6.1, Cholesterol 215, Sodium 2280.7, Carbohydrate 13.8, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 10.7, Protein 76.8
Read Also: Soup Delivered To Your Home
Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown roast.
2. Arrange carrots and potatoes in slow cooker. Top with roast and set aside.
3. Combine Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix with water in glass measuring cup. Add to skillet, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan. Add soup mixture to slow cooker. Cook covered on Low 8 to 10 hours or HIGH 4 to 6 hours. Remove roast and vegetables to serving platter.
4. Thicken gravy, if desired, by combining additional 1/4 cup water with 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour. Cook on HIGH 15 minutes or until thickened.
How To Make Easy Crockpot Pork Loin
We all know the Crockpot can be a great way to put together a complicated dish, with lots of ingredients, without a lot of work. Like my Crockpot Detox Soup, which is packed with eight different healthy veggies. Or Grandmas Crockpot Lasagna, which has all the layers a great lasagna needs right in the crock.
But that doesnt mean a Crockpot meal has to be complicated. In fact, sometimes the simplest dishes are the most satisfying.
Take this Crockpot Pork Loin. Its got only four ingredients: pork loin, beef broth, onion soup mix, and a splash of Worcestershire sauce. Yet this simple recipe makes the juiciest, most flavorful pork loin youll ever taste. The long, slow cooking makes the meat extra tender, and the savory flavors of onion, beef broth, and Worcestershire just soak right in.
You can slice it and serve it on bread as an au jus sandwich, or with a side of rice or noodles to soak up that delicious broth. Add a green veggie, and youve got a meal thats perfectly simple and completely satisfying.
Recommended Reading: Lipton Onion Mushroom Soup
Lipton Onion Soup Pork Roast Recipes
Step 1. Cover pork roast on all sides with soup mix and refrigerate at least 8 hours. Place in roasting bag or cover tightly with foil in baking dish. Bake 300 degrees 2 hours or till thermometer reads 160 degrees. Slices beautiful.
– 3 lbs pork roast or 2 large butterflied pork chops – 2 packages Lipton Onion Soup Mix – 2/3 cup ketchup – 1 teaspoon salt – 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 4 chicken bouillon cubes
How To Make French Onion Pork Roast
- 1Place pork roast in a large zip-lock bag, pour dry onion soup mix over roast and rub gently to distribute. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- 2The next day wash potatoes and cut into forths lengthwise. Place in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and diced onions. Place them on the sides of a cast iron pan and in the center of the pan place a rack.
- 3Place roast bone-side up, fat side down on the rack. Roast at 425 degrees for 1 hour.
- 4Remove pan from oven, remove potatoes and keep warm in another vessel. Reduce heat to 400 and roast for another 20-30 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes. Carve and serve with potatoes.
- 5***** I have a convection oven, so I utilized that device.
- Last Step: Dont forget to share! Make all your friends drool by posting a picture of your finished recipe on your favorite social network. And dont forget to tag Just A Pinch and include #justapinchrecipes so we can see it too!
You May Like: Solvang Split Pea Soup
You May Like: Onion Soup Mix Recipe Potatoes
More Pot Roast Recipes
- Theres nothing quite as classic and easy as Slow Cooker Pot Roast. Our version of this popular recipe yields tender and delicious beef thats perfect for tonights dinner!
- If youre looking for a tasty, fall-apart-tender roast beef recipe thats juicy as all get-out, check out our Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast. Serve over mashed potatoes- no gravy needed, not with all the juices from this amazing roast!
You May Like: Red Potatoes And Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Questions You Might Have About How To Make Pork Loin:
Do I have to use a loin? You can use just about any cut of pork you like! I would suggest using a similar weight so you dont throw off the seasoning to protein ratio. Cooking times will vary based on the size and thickness of the cut you choose.
Can I substitute the vegetables? Feel free to use whatever veggies you prefer but to keep the seasoning to vegetable ratio correct, try to use a similar amount of hearty vegetables that can withstand 35 minutes in the oven.
Most pork recipes use salt, why doesnt yours? Onion soup mix contains salt, so the recipe doesnt not require any additional salt.
Different brands contain different amounts of salt. If you think yours needs a little additional, it can always be added at the end.
What is the difference between a pork tenderloin and pork loin? They both come from the loin, but are shaped different and have different texture profiles.
You May Like: Olive Garden Gluten Free Soup
Lipton French Onion Soup Mix Recipes
Lipton recipe secrets onion soup dip lipton recipe secrets beefy onion soup details lipton onion soup mix recipe for pot lipton onion soup meatloaf recipe
That old lipton onion soup pot roast recipe frugal hausfrau crockpot french onion en family fresh meals french onion soup mix recipe wellness mama 10 best lipton dry onion soup mix recipes yummly have a summer spree with lipton onion soup mix 1966 americana
Now What Do You Need To Make This Easy Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin Recipe:
- Pork tenderloin 1-2 lbs. is good
- French onion soup mix if youre going to make it with that
- the gravy using this is amazing
Follow these steps to make your pork tender and juicy, youll be surprised at how fast the cook time is.
Now the trick to achieving tender pork is to NOT overcook it!
Does pork loin get more tender the longer you cook it?
- It actually does the opposite.
- Although pork tenderloin is one of the most tender pork cuts, overcooking can make it tough and unpleasant.
- This cut of meat is one you definitely do NOT want to cook over low heat all day long in a slow cooker or Dutch oven.
SO how long does it take to cook meat in an Instant Pot?
- For pork loin it is just a few minutes with a 15 minute natural release cycle.
- With beef it is a much longer time to break it down and have it fall off the bone tender, with usually a 10 minute release.
- Instant Pot chicken is a bit in between.
Now its time for some cookin
Read Also: French Onion Soup Pot Roast
Copycat Liptons Onion Soup Mix
Make and share this Copycat Liptons Onion Soup Mix recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Millereg
Yield 19 tablespoons, approximately, 4 serving
Number Of Ingredients 5
|3/4 cup instant minced onion|
|1/3 cup beef bouillon powder|
|4 teaspoons onion powder|
|1/4 teaspoon crushed celery seed|
|1/4 teaspoon sugar|
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- About 5 tablespoons of mix are equal to 1 1¼-ounce package.
- To make onion dip: Mix 5 tablespoons with one pint of sour cream.
French Onion Pork Roast
I was thinking…hummmm. If I can do a beef roast with French Onion Soup, why not pork! SO I did and it turned out wonderful. Tasty, juicy and just the right amount of seasoning. I hope you enjoy it like we did.
Provided by Patti Jagodzinski
|1 3-4 lb bone-in pork rib roast|
|1 pkg dry onion soup mix|
|or dry onion/mushroom soup mix|
|3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil|
|4 medium yukon gold potatoes|
|1/2 medium onion, diced|
|salt and black pepper to taste|
- 1. Place pork roast in a large zip-lock bag, pour dry onion soup mix over roast and rub gently to distribute. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- 2. The next day – wash potatoes and cut into forths lengthwise. Place in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and diced onions. Place them on the sides of a cast iron pan and in the center of the pan place a rack.
- 3. Place roast bone-side up, fat side down on the rack. Roast at 425 degrees for 1 hour.
- 4. Remove pan from oven, remove potatoes and keep warm in another vessel. Reduce heat to 400 and roast for another 20-30 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes. Carve and serve with potatoes.
- 5. ***** I have a convection oven, so I utilized that device.
Read Also: Stovetop Green Bean Casserole Campbell’s