Add Every Little Thing To The Crockpot And Set To Prepare Dinner Mode
- Add Greens to gradual cooker add the chopped tomatoes, onions and garlic to the gradual cooker. Season with salt and pepper and provides a very good stir.
- Prepare dinner on setting of your choice
- Set on excessive Prepare dinner 4 to Six hours
- Set on low Prepare dinner Six to Eight hours
- Take away Lid and test soup the tomatoes ought to have produced sufficient liquid to make a soup and be utterly comfortable and able to mix.
REMEMBER, All gradual cookers fluctuate in cooking time. Yours might take slightly longer or prepare dinner slightly quicker than mine. For reference, that is the Slow Cooker that I exploit.
The Best Tomato Soup Recipe To Enjoy With Grilled Cheese
Tomato soup is a culinary classic that can be relished any time of the year, and for any occasion. Bold tomato flavors are simmered with fresh herbs and spices, creating a rich, healthy, and sumptuous broth thats enjoyed by many people around the world.
Though its simple to make, tomato soup can be the most delightful concoction when prepared properly. If youve been looking for the ultimate tomato soup recipe thats worthy of its reputation, this article has you covered.
From helping you choose the best tomatoes, showing you how to prepare the soup, recommending dishes that complement it best, and more, get ready to have a new appreciation for this vibrantly colored kitchen classic!
Best Homemade Tomato Soup From Garden
Wondering what to make with all those tomatoes that are ripening up in your garden? Make a batch of homemade tomato soup! This tomato soup recipe is easy to make with fresh tomatoes, and produces the best tomato soup youll ever taste.
My Dads garden-fresh tomatoes are taking over my kitchen.
I have dozens of tomatoes lining the window-sill and counter-top. The fruit bowl is over-flowing with them, and I have a basketful in the fridge. Thats always the way, right? You wait all season for your tomatoes to ripen, and then it all happens at once, and youre scrambling to find different ways to use them before they go bad.
I was saying as much to a friend the other day, and she said she had just the thing for me: a recipe for her homemade tomato soup, which she called simply thee best tomato soup.
Well, I tried the tomato soup recipe this morning, and this is the legit email I sent my friend after inhaling my first bowlful at lunch today:
OMG. I just devoured a bowl of your homemade tomato soup. Omg. omg. omg. Did I mention OMG? Forget the spoon. Give me a straw. Actually, forget the straw after a couple of tastes and then a few frantic spoonfuls, I literally put down the spoon and just drank it directly from the bowl. Yeah, I did that. Drank it from the bowl. Best tomato soup ever. Maybe best SOUP ever. Period!
Does that kind of give you an idea of how good this tomato soup is?
Ha! Those days are over now!
Don’t Miss: Potatoes Onion Soup Mix Recipe
S To Make A Basic Tomato Soup With Fresh Tomatoes
Step 1. Roast the tomatoes
Roasting fresh tomatoes will dramatically deepen their flavor. It will caramelize them which brings out a wonderful rich sweetness in the soup. Simply slice your tomatoes in half and place them on a baking or roasting pan/sheet with the sliced side down. Roast at 400 degrees in the oven for about 45 minutes. Use whatever tomatoes you want here. Plum, Roma, beefsteak, heirloom tomatoes, and different types of vine tomatoes are all great to use. Here are the heirloom tomatoes pictured above, after roasting
Youll notice I didnt core the tomatoes ahead of time. No big deal. I scooped the cores out afterward. Youll also see some garlic cloves in there which make a great addition. If youre using other veggies in your basic tomato soup you can roast them with the tomatoes too.
Step 2: Saute an onion in olive oil and add tomatoes and chicken broth
Simply dice a sweet onion and saute it in a stockpot for about 5 minutes or until the onion turns translucent. Then add your tomatoes , other veggies from the roasting pan, your chicken broth, and a little tomato paste. Raise the heat to a gentle simmer and cook it all together for about 10 more minutes.
Step 3. Puree with an immersion blender until smooth
You can use a regular blender too but thats a lot more work, time, and potential for burning yourself . If you dont have one yet, Id HIGHLY recommend this basic immersion blender, especially if you make a lot of soups.
How To Make Tomato Soup
1. Choose ripe, red & less sour tomatoes. We need 500 grams tomatoes for this recipe. Wash them well and cube them along with 1 medium onion. Onion adds a sweet flavor to the tomato soup so I have used it here.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil or butter in a pan. Then add 1 small bay leaf, 2 garlic cloves & chopped onions.
3. Fry them on a high flame for 3 to 4 mins until they are slightly roasted. This brings out the sweet flavor from onions.
4. Add tomatoes and sprinkle 1/3 teaspoon salt. You can also optionally add a small carrot .
5. Cook them until slightly soft. Add 2 to 3 stalks of basil and cook until tomatoes and onions turn completely mushy. If you do not have basil, you may skip them.
6. Cool the mixture. Discard basil & bay leaf.
7. Transfer to a blender jar and pour 1 cup water. Blend to a smooth puree.
Tip: (If you do not prefer cornstarch in this recipe, then you may add a small boiled potato and blend.
8. Blend very well until smooth.
Read Also: Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Campbell’s Soup
Ingredients For Homemade Tomato Soup
This garden fresh tomato soup may look fancy, but its pretty darn easy to make and only calls for a few simple, fresh ingredients. With simple recipes it is *so* important to use high quality, fresh ingredients because the flavor will really shine through. We recommend using organic or homegrown tomatoes, garlic and basil!
Variation Of This Tomato Soup
- Creamy tomato soup: After blending the soup, rather than adding more broth to reach your desired consistency, add a splash of cream. Alternatively, whisk a dollop of cream cheese into the soup at the very end, just before serving.
- Tomato soup with carrots: At the same time as you add the onion into the pot, add a handful of chopped or shredded carrots.
- Spicy tomato soup: At the same time as you add the onion to the pot, add 1/2 of a finely chopped jalapeno.
Also Check: Campbell Soup Chicken Rice Casserole
Fresh Tomato Soup Ingredients
Wash and chop the tomatoes into quarters. Wash the basil.
Warm the oil and butter in a large soup pot over medium heat.
Add the onion, and garlic and cook until soft but not browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
Add the tomatoes with juices, sugar, basil leaves, salt, black pepper, and cayenne.
Increase the heat to high and bring the tomatoes to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes, skimming off and discarding any foam from the surface.
Puree the soup in a blender or with an immersion blender, stir in the chopped basil.
Preparing The Tomato Soup
Got your ingredients? Great! Lets get started on our tomato soup recipe.
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan on medium-low heat. While youre waiting for your pan to heat up, chop your veggies and tomatoes.
2. Add the garlic cloves, diced onions, and dried herbs. Saute them on high flame for 3 to 4 minutes until theyre slightly toasted, stirring occasionally to prevent them from burning.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, salt, and black pepper to the pan and cook until the tomatoes are soft.
4. Add your fresh herbs . Cook until the tomatoes and onions are blended into a mushy mixture.
5. Let the soup cool and remove any leaves or stems from the fresh herbs before transferring it to an immersion blender.
6. Add 2 cups of vegetable or chicken broth to the immersion blender and blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add heavy cream for extra creaminess.
7. Pour the soup into bowls and garnish it with fresh herbs. You can also use shredded parmesan as garnish.
Just like that your delicious, creamy tomato soup is ready! Homemade tomato soup is one of the best comfort foods to have when youre sick, and this particular recipe will have you wanting more. It can also be served with other food items, making it a meal on its own.
Tomato soup also makes a great appetizer during get-togethers and dinner parties since its easy to make and loved by everyone.
Recommended Reading: Chicken Rice Casserole Recipes Campbells
Instant Pot Tomato Soup With Fresh Tomatoes
Published: by Louisa Clements · This post may contain affiliate links
This post may contain affiliate links
Youll love the deep tomato flavour in this easy-to-make instant pot tomato soup made with fresh tomatoes, garlic, basil and red bell pepper. It has a delicious, slow simmered tomato flavour and is ready in 30 minutes making it perfect for a weeknight dinner.
Tomato soup is a classic for good reason. Its good pretty much every time of year . And a homemade version? Seriously, so much better than anything you can get out of a canjust like Instant Pot mushroom soup. And if you use an Instant Pot, its barely any more effort.
My recipe doesnt require any sautéing, simply add the ingredients to your pressure cooker and walk away.
How To Make Homemade Tomato Soup With Fresh Tomatoes
Full details are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
Read Also: Campbell’s Yes Soups Flavors
How To Make Creamy Tomato Soup From Fresh Tomatoes
I promise you, once you taste this delicious tomato soup, youll never want to eat store-bought again. Theres no comparison! And while we LOVE this soup in the summer, its also perfect for a cold winter night. Just save some of your fresh tomatoes in the freezer, or can some tomato juice, and you can make it again and again through the cold weather months.
Tomato Soup From Fresh Ripe Tomatoes
Simply amazing homemade Tomato Soup with Fresh Tomatoes is delicious. Just 15 minutes and a couple of ingredients to make it, quick & easy!
In Summer tomatoes are abundant in our house. I keep a pocket-sized garden that produces just enough to get us by the week. This year I have 2 plants of tomatoes and one cherry tomato.
We do not particularly like the cherry variety, but I decided to plant it for garnishes, and boy, did the plant provide. At one point there were SO MANY, I decided to make them into a sauce.
The regular variety did ok as well, but the weather was not very kind for tomatoes this year and so the plants are a bit ill and going downhill now.
But, nevermind. We get enough tomatoes from the parents to last us the whole summer. Mitja is basically living on tomatoes these days, as he eats a tomato salad most days for dinner.
As I do not particularly like fresh tomatoes, I consume them in sauces or soup.
As we got yet another shipment of extra large and ripe tomatoes, I decided to put them to good use in a soup. Mind you, the tomatoes were so large, I only needed 2 of them, but got enough soup for 4 generous servings. That was vanished in a day by two people. Because tomato soup is simply amazing.
Read Also: Oven Potatoes With Onion Soup Mix
How To Peel Tomatoes
For this soup, if you have a high powered blender such as a Vitamix or a Blendtec you really dont need to peel the tomatoes. If you just have a regular blender you may want to peel them unless you like a lot of texture in your soup.
To peel tomatoes you will need:
- a pot of boiling water,
- a bowl of cool water
- two more bowls for the skins and the skinned tomatoes.
- Place the tomatoes in a pot of boiling water until the skins begin to crack, about 30-60 seconds.
- Remove them to the bowl of cool water. If you let them cook too long they will get mushy.
- The skins should be cracked and easy to pull off. Place skins in another bowl.
- Rough cut the tomatoes.
Again you can skip the chopping part if you have a Vitamix or a Blendtec. Just throw the tomatoes in whole or cut in half and blend them up!
Ways To Change Up This Soup
An exciting thing about this recipe is the flexibility to change it up!
Here is just a start of what you can do:
- Drizzle flavored olive oil on top
- Add favorite fresh or dried herbs to the recipe to change the flavor. Favorites include: fresh basil, thyme, dill, parsley, rosemary or oregano.
- Dried herbs: toss 1 teaspoon in when sautéing the onions.
- Fresh herbs: add 1 tablespoon them with the tomatoes.
How To Make The Easiest Tomato Soup From Scratch
This simple homemade tomato soup is quick, easy, and insanely delicious. It is excellent with canned tomatoes, but you can also use fresh tomatoes. Tips for canned and fresh tomatoes are found in the recipe below. If you love quick, no-fuss recipes, this is it!
This tomato soup is inspired by one of the most famous recipes out there .
Butter, tomatoes, and onion are simmered until slightly thickened. Out comes the onion and the sauce is ready to be spooned over pasta.
Its genius and absolutely delicious. We use the same three ingredients in this tomato soup, but add a little water and blend everything together just before serving.
We love serving this with a grilled cheese sandwich, but a slice of this rosemary focaccia bread is also an excellent idea!
Tomato Soup With Fresh Tomatoes
This roasted tomato soup with fresh tomatoes has loads of juicy Roma tomatoes, fresh basil and a little spice from crushed red pepper flakes. It makes for a light lunch or side with dinner!
Is there anything better than homemade tomato soup, especially a homemade tomato basil soup? Its such a classic comfort food recipe that weve probably all had at some point or another.
Granted, I didnt grow up eating a lot of homemade tomato soup. It was more like canned tomato soup but, still, fond memories .
Since we are still full force into summer and fresh tomatoes are super plentiful, today Im sharing this fresh tomato soup recipe thats jam-packed with deliciousness, if I do say so myself!
If you want to make things extra filling, enjoy the tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich for a comforting meal.
Enjoy tomato soup? Try this easy tomato soup using canned tomatoes!
Recommended Reading: Is Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix Gluten Free
Wrapping Up The Best Tomato Soup Recipe
Having a go-to tomato soup recipe can be really helpful in case you experience a sudden craving for homemade tomato soup or would like to make a batch for someone whos feeling under the weather.
While buying the freshest tomatoes from your local farmers market is recommended, the best tomatoes are ones youve grown yourself! Want to know more about growing your own tomatoes? Check out this article from Minneoppa Orchards.
End Off The Tomato Soup
- Mix Soup You need to use both an immersion blender or a stand blender to mix the soup. I used an immersion blender and was capable of mix it straight within the pot.
- Add cream I like so as to add cream to this soup to offer it slightly further one thing. This can be a fundamental tomato soup recipe and I really feel it wants the cream. Its a low calorie soup and even with the addition of the cream, it comes into properly below 200 energy a bowl.
Recommended Reading: Panera Bread Soup Grocery Store