Can I Make This Soup In My Instant Pot
We received a comment from Samantha, who made this soup in her Instant Pot . Thank you for sharing this, Samantha! This is how she made it:
I did it in the instant pot! I sauteed the onions, garlic, carrots, green beans and mushrooms in olive oil. Then added broth and gave it a good stir to scrape up bits. I added Kale instead of cabbage and cooked it 5 minutes. Quick release, add zucchini and stir. Add tomatoes last and dont stir. Cook another 5 minutes and quick release. I didnt add beans or tomato juice. I sprinkled it with parmesan and it was wonderful!
Get The Recipe: Italian Herb Baked Spinach Chips
- 2cupsfresh spinach, choose the big, healthy-looking leaves
- few drop of extra virgin olive oil
- McCormicks Italian Blend Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 325
- Place spinach in a large bowl.
- Add a few drops of olive oil and mix with your hands until each leaf is lightly coated in oil. Be careful not to use too much oil or the spinach will not crisp up in the oven.
- Sprinkle the spinach with Italian herb seasoning and salt.
- Taste one of the leaves to make sure you are using enough seasoning.
- Arrange the spinach in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or lightly oil nonstick foil.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Watch them carefully after the 8 minute mark if they are not done.
- Let sit on the baking sheet for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and enjoy!
Is The Weight Loss Magic Soup All I Need For The Weight Loss Diet
Sadly, no. One would still need to consume about 1,000 calories per day in order to lose weight at a healthy rate. In addition, you should also do the following as well:
You May Like: Gf Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Recipe Ideas For Vegetable Soup
- Make it spicy: While sauteing the onions, garlic, carrots, and celery add some red pepper flakes. You could also add some diced jalapenos.
- Try new veggies: This soup can be made with any vegetables you like or have on hand. Just pay attention to cooking time. Quick cooking veggies should be added later so they dont get too soft.
- Add protein: To make this soup more filling, consider adding some protein. Consider using chickpeas, lentils, or cannellini beans to keep it vegetarian. You could also add chicken breast, ground turkey, or shrimp. You could even add both! Just note you may need some extra broth.
- More tomato flavor: For more tomato flavor, you have a couple of options. First, you can add extra tomato paste. That adds a rich tomato flavor. Another option is adding blended canned tomatoes. Lastly, you could use a tomato or tomato and chicken flavored bouillon cube.
- Spices: To keep things simple, I opted to just use some Italian seasoning in this soup. If you prefer more kick, you can swap in any of your favorite spices or spice blends. Fresh herbs are also great.
- Make it with tomato juice or v8: Some people like to swap in tomato juice or v8 for the chicken broth. You can use half and half or go with all juice.
- Ranch or taco seasoning: Another way to pack in extra flavor is with store-bought ranch or taco seasoning. This is a popular trick for adding lots of extra flavor. Onion soup mix and vegetable soup mix works as well.
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
Or Try These Soups From Our Test Kitchen
Mushroom barley soup. In a large pot, cook four cups mixed button and shiitake mushrooms, a diced onion, a diced carrot, and two diced celery ribs in two tablespoons olive oil until tender, about 10 minutes. Add two teaspoons minced garlic and one teaspoon thyme cook until garlic is fragrant, about three minutes. Add four cups of broth and a half cup of pearled barley simmer for 35 minutes. Add one can navy beans, rinsed, and four cups baby spinach cook to heat through.
White bean escarole soup. In a large pot, cook four ounces bacon until crisp. Add a diced onion, a diced carrot, and a diced celery rib cook 10 minutes. Add three teaspoons minced garlic, a half teaspoon oregano, a half teaspoon thyme, and salt and pepper to taste cook until garlic is fragrant, about three minutes. Stir in four cups broth and a half head of escarole, cut into ribbons simmer 15 minutes. Add one can white beans, rinsed cook to heat through.
This article originally appeared in our print magazine, First For Women.
Don’t Miss: 8 Oz Disposable Soup Bowls
Cabbage Soup Diet Review
Caitlin Fitzgerald, 54, from Morpeth, Northumberland, tried the Cabbage Soup Diet. But how did she get on? And did she lose any weight ?
My husbands work do was coming up and I wanted to fit back into a slinky black dress Id had for years. I put off dieting until I only had a couple of weeks to go then suddenly panicked! The cabbage soup diet seemed a good way of losing weight fast.
I made a fresh batch of the cabbage soup every two or three days and followed the other bits of the plan, like eating lots of fruit and veg. Though I didnt mind the cabbage soup to start with, by about day four, Id gone right off it! I tried to make it more interesting by adding different veg and herbs but it didnt make it much better.
It had rotten side effects too my husband nearly ended up sleeping in the spare room I was so full of wind! But I stuck at it for a week and lost four pounds. I fitted into my little black dress but, to be honest, Id put all the weight back on two weeks later!
Read Also: French Onion Soup Mix Potatoes
Watch Me Make This Cabbage Soup From Start To Finish
2020 update: Yes! I am still using this cabbage soup to give me a jump-start to weight loss. I HATE it! But I LOVE IT! Its helps that the soup is delicious though!
Im going to Disneyland next week and decided that I didnt want to take my muffin top with me, especially since I have this cute form-fitting shirt that I want to wear so bad. WITHOUT SPANX!!
When I need to lose my gut or 10 pounds quickly I turn to three diets that never let me down my green monster smoothie diet, The 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse and my newest love, the 7-day cabbage soup diet!!
Also Check: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Roast Recipe
How Many Calories Are In Weight Loss Magic Soup
Each cup of Weight Loss Magic Soup has only 57 calories! It is such a satisfying way to get your vegetables in for the day. If you are worried about sodium content, feel free to use low-sodium V8 or even use tomato juice . You can also use fresh veggies instead of canned or low-sodium broths to reduce sodium as well.
Pros Of The Cabbage Soup Diet
The only real positive of this diet is that it can cause rapid weight loss.
While there are no specific studies on the cabbage soup diet, similar restrictive diets have been looked at. One study from Karolinska Hospital in Sweden looked at three groups of obese patients over 6 weeks, on diets ranging from 420 calories per day to 880 calories. They found that all the diets were equally effective in the long-term treatment of obesity, however the slightly higher calorie diets had fewer side-effects.
Another looked at weight loss as a result of a 800-calorie diet over three months and a 458-calorie diet over one month.
One 2006 study looked at weight loss as a result of the 800-calorie diet over three months and a 458-calorie diet over one month. Researchers found that both sets of participant lost substantial amounts of weight over time periods. However, over half of all participants suffered trivial complications during this time, with gastrointestinal issues and anxiety coming up as the two most common.
The cabbage soup diet aims to cut calories to an even lower level than any of the diets in these studies, leading to the natural conclusion that it’s not a healthy way to lose weight.
Also Check: Is Campbell’s Tomato Soup Vegan
Mistake : Only Eating Pureed Soups
Pureed soups deserve a spot in your diet, but they shouldnât be the only type of soup you eat.
First, itâs not uncommon for pureed soups to include a little cream . But also, thereâs very little or sometimes absolutely zero chewing required when you consume a pureed soup.
Both chewing your food and eating a dish with a little textural variety can help boost the satiety factor of your meal and keep you feeling fuller longer, according to research published June 2018 in Appetite. In other words, a pureed soup may leave you searching in the snack cabinet not long after your meal.
Favorite Weight Loss Vegetable Soup Supplies:
Of course, like any soup recipe, you can add your favorite vegetables and leave out what you dont like. Many recipes include cabbage, which I cannot eat, so I left that out. I dont include anything from the squash family because those tend to get mushy. Kale seems to be very popular right now, so that would be a good addition.
My healthy eating plan consists of having a cup of soup for lunch, along with some fruit. If I feel the need for protein, I add cottage cheese, yogurt, or a slice of turkey. I love to walk outside, so weather permitting, I try to work that into my day as well.
I do know how to eat healthyin fact I am very good at it. My issue is actually making the choice to eat the healthy food over the not-so-healthy food. That is my constant struggle.
Recommended Reading: How To Season Tomato Soup
This Vegetable Soup Diet Is Low Sodium Low Carb And Low Sugar
Since this is a vegetable soup, I like to use low sodium broth . You can indeed use chicken broth if youd prefer.
Again, this 7 day weight loss soup diet is just like the cabbage soup diet. The soup its self is like a low glycemic diet. Its low in sugar & carbs.
Keep in mind that this soup diet is not meant to last longer than 7 days.
Do I Only Eat This Weight Loss Soup All Day Every Day
No. You still need to get a healthy amount of calories in to lose weight at a healthy rate. For best results heres what we have found to work:
Read Also: Asian Soup Bowl And Spoon Set
Low Calorie Vegetable Soup With Zoodles
This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This skinny homemade Vegetable Soup recipe is packed with flavor and a star recipe in any weight loss plan. It’s filling, satisfying with wholesome ingredients and full of fiber. It’s a noodle soup made with only plants .
This is the soup recipe for all people! It’s a healthy choice that is loaded with vegetables. It’s very low calorie and filling so perfect if on a weight loss plan.
This vegetarian soup can be customized in many ways . A great recipe to help balance holiday over indulging or to start the year off great.
It’s the ‘go to’ recipe when you need to shed some pounds but want food to taste good and make you feel good in the process!
If you follow Weight Watchers it’s only a few points for an ample serving and we’ll tell you how to make it a zero point recipe too!
We aren’t waiting for the new year to pull out this soup recipe. It’s the time of year when holiday entertaining is about to kick off. This recipe needs to be in your arsenal to balance our any partying outside the calorie lines.
It’s a comforting healthy choice for a quick meal and a healthy diet.
Weight Loss Cabbage Soup
Like the traditional weight loss cabbage soup, this weight loss vegetable soup contains quite a bit of cabbage four cups in fact. Why? Cabbage is a filling, low-calorie vegetable. It adds some oomph and substance to the soup without adding calories.
The base of the cabbage soup is beef broth instead of water, along with some tomato paste. I honestly cant imagine eating a low-calorie soup for weight loss made with just water. How flavorless does that sound?! The beef broth really adds some flavor.
As for the rest of the vegetables, what Ive listed below is mostly a suggestion. The key is to have a variety of non-starchy vegetables. Basically, your soup should look the like rainbow to reap the health benefits truly. I recommend carrots , peppers and broccoli as a base, then add whatever youd like. This is a great way to clear out your fridge by using up whatever veggies you have left.
I know this cabbage soup diet will definitely be on my menu after the holiday season. Im going to try to swap it out for lunch every day to get rid of this holiday bloat!
Also Check: Spoonful Of Comfort Soup Reviews
How To Use Diet Soups For Weight Loss
- You can eat such slimming soups once a day, as usual, for lunch, replacing them with your usual borscht or soup.
- You can replace dinner with this soup.
- If you wish, you can eat diet soups for lunch and dinner.
- If you want to quickly build and get prettier, then feel free to cook yourself a portion of soup for the whole day at once and eat as much as you want, as soon as the feeling of hunger appears.
- You can arrange for yourself one or two or three days of the “soup diet”, or you can even a week. Worth no more.
If you decide to go on a weekly “soup unloading”, then do not forget to eat fresh fruits, vegetables, berries and herbs every day. Prepare salads, make smoothies and juices from them. Don’t exhaust yourself!
What you need to do even for more effective weight loss:
- Eliminate fried, fatty, floury, smoked foods from your diet.
- Do not drink sweet soda, do not eat crisps, crackers and other “supermarket bullshit from bags.”
- Eliminate store-bought sweets in the form of candies, marshmallows, gingerbread. Prepare yourself delicious and healthy sweets yourself or buy them in special “Health Shops”.
- Eliminate fast food and meals earlier than 4-7 hours BEFORE bedtime.
- Be sure to drink at least 1.5-2 liters of pure water a day.
- Move more often, breathe fresh air, do exercises.
- DEFINITELY get some sleep!
Sweet Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink
A sweet apple cider vinegar detox drink that tastes like apple juice! Great for body cleansing, detox and weight loss
Hey yall!! Heres that amazing sweet apple cider vinegar detox drink I told you guys about in my rainbow detox soup video!
Ive been doing a lot of detoxing this year. Or should I say helping my body detox better. Ive been doing a variety of things like detox rainbow soups, salads, 10-day green smoothie cleanses , drinking my Everyday Detox tea by Traditional Medicinals and this amazing sweet apple cider vinegar detox drink! Oh yeah and FAT BOMBS!!
Im absolutely loving how my muffin top is shrinking before my eyes people! My husband introduced me to detoxing with apple cider vinegar . Hes always finding cool stuff like this!
My husband was taking it straight like a shot. A BIG NO NO!! The man nearly burned his nostrils and throat off!! Super dangerous so dont do that! ALWAYS DILUTE IT!
I started by just mixing it with a little cool water. Hated it and it actaully made me feel queazy for a few minutes to the point where I actually had to sit down. Then I started taking the advice that a few people suggested on Braggs website and pureeing it with a sweet apple and apple pie spice or cinnamon! GENIUS!!
Its much more pleasant this way. I mean its still VINEGAR but its really just like drinking lightly sweetened, tart apple juice. Much easier to get down on an empty stomach in the morning without feeling nauseous.
Also Check: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Nutrition Label
Also Check: 7 Day Cabbage Soup Diet Plan
Japanese Soup For Weight Loss
It is very rare to find obese people in Japan. Their secret is not only in genetics, but also in nutrition.
Boil rice and fish in a large saucepan until tender.
At the very end, seaweed and onions marinated in soy sauce are added.
While the soup is still boiling, pour in a beaten egg in a thin stream, salt, pepper, add a little soy sauce .
Mix and remove from stove.