Campbells Sipping Soup Chicken & Mini Round Noodles
- Comforting Chicken& Noodles: A Twist On Chicken Noodle Soup, Chicken& Mini Round Noodles Is Crafted From Chicken Broth, Enriched Round Noodles & Tender Bites Of Chicken
- Soup On The Go: Portable Cup With A Snap-On Sipping Lid Fits Perfectly In Your Hand For Take-Anywhere Convenience. Just Heat, Sip & Go
- Pantry Staple: Each Microwavable 10.75 Ounce Cup Is Ready In Minutes, Making It The Perfect Pantry Staple To Stock For A Quick Snack At Work Or On The Road
- Easy, Convenient Snack: Skip The Spoon When You’re Running Errands Or Snacking Between Meetings, Just Warm In The Microwave And Snap On The Lid For Sipping On-The-Go
- 60 Calories Per Cup: This Sipping Soup Delivers Feel Good Nourishment That’s Just 60 Calories
Add The Noodles For This 20
Last but not least, its time to add the noodles and chicken to your 20-minute chicken noodle soup. With your broth at a boil, add in your four cups of egg noodles. If you like a soup thats full of noodles, feel free to add in more as desired. Add in your chicken as well.
Once the egg noodles and chicken have been stirred into the soup mixture, put the lid on your Dutch oven or pot. Reduce the heat on your stove to medium, and allow the soup mixture to cook for ten minutes. Because of the hot liquid in the pot, the noodles will soak up the moisture and cook in the broth. Once the noodles are tender, youll know your soup is done.
Remove your soup from the heat, and remove the bay leaves. Allow your homemade chicken noodle soup to cool slightly before serving. Top with chopped green onions or minced fresh parsley, if desired.
Annies Organic Chicken Noodle Soup
Sure, Annies Organic Chicken Noodle Soup stands miles above the lackluster and frankly disappointing Campbells options weve covered thus far but it still doesnt even make it to the middle of our list. Thats because, for all that Annies Organic Chicken Noodle Soup offers, it does so at a terrible price point.
This soup features egg noodles, chicken chunks, carrots, and celery. In terms of ingredient quality and ingredient-to-broth ratio, Annies clearly wins over the previous soups versus just garlic and onion, Annies infuses its broth with flavors from herbs and spices such as rosemary, sage, and thyme. The sodium content is slightly less than what youll get with the above soups as well .
However, Annies soup is much more expensive than some of the other soups that rank higher on our list and that offer comparable flavors. At the time of writing, an eight-pack of Annies Organic Chicken Noodle Soup was $30.89 on . Comparatively, you can get a 12-pack of Campbells Well Yes! Chicken Noodle Soup, which ranks at the very top of our list, for just $23 on .
Read Also: Anderson Split Pea Hotel
Campbells Chunky Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup Is What You Wished Grandma Made
While the classic tag line says that Campbells Chunky is the soup that eats like a meal, the new Campbells Chunky Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup brings a whole level of flavor to the soup bowl. Although that warm bowl of soup might be the slurp of comfort that people crave, this new flavor will be the taste that brings people back just because it excites the palate. Ready to enjoy a bowl?
Soup can come in all forms. From the secret recipe that has been handed down through the family to the simple can that makes for an easy meal, the reality is that soup is always in the pantry. Although people can debate if there is or is not a soup season, the reality is that soup tends to make people feel good. From the warm to the flavor, one spoonful at a time seems to nurture in a unique way.
Sometimes soup flavors are more approachable or less bold. Even though some cuisines bring big, brash flavors to their recipes, the more classic soups, like chicken noodle, have a little more restrained flavor. It isnt that the bowl is boring, but the taste is more subtle.
Recommended Reading: Campbells Chicken & Rice Casserole
Estimated Amounts Of Calories Needed
.Calories needed to maintain the energy balance of different age groups at three different levels of physical activity.
- Sedentary means a lifestyle that includes only light physical activity associated with typical daily living.
- Moderately active means a lifestyle that includes physical activity equivalent to walking approximately 1.5 to 3 miles per day at a speed of 3 to 4 miles per hour, in addition to the light physical activity associated with typical daily living.
- Active means a lifestyle that includes physical activity equivalent to walking more than 3 miles per day at a speed of 3 to 4 miles per hour, in addition to the light physical activity associated with typical daily living.
Recommended Reading: Lipton Soup Mix Pot Roast
Also Check: Taco Soup Recipe With Ranch Dressing Mix
Healthiest Beef Stock: Kitchen Basics Original Beef Stock
A staple for French onion soups, beef stock is a tricky product to purchase. Thats because store-bought versions are littered with flavor-enhancing chemicals and not much beef. For example: Knorrs Beef Stock Concentrate contains inflammatory palm oil, four versions of MSG, sugar, two types of gums, and carcinogen-containing caramel color.
If you dont have time to make a stock at home , go for Kitchen Basics Original Beef Stock, which contains real beef stock rather than just beef flavor, vegetable stock, honey, salt, and spicesmuch simpler than Knorrs. Plus, its a surprisingly great source of protein!
The Healthiest And Unhealthiest Campbells Soups
Campbells Soups might be healthy on the outside, but watch out for the sodium.
When youre standing in front of a giant wall of Campbells Soups at the supermarket, its tricky to know which soups are healthier than others without checking each individual label. So weve done the work for you and figured out which of their soups have the most and least amount of calories, divided into each of their product categories including Condensed, Chunky, and Homestyle.
One thing that you should be on the lookout for when eating any canned soup is the sodium level, which is high across the board. Unless youre a member of the enlightened minority, chances are youre eating more than your daily allowance of sodium. In doing so, youre pretty much quickly volunteering your body for high blood pressure, which then lends itself to cardiovascular disease, which is the number one cause of death in the world, according to the American Heart Association.
Pretty heavy stuff.
If commercial soups like Campbells play a frequent role in your diet, then you need to be aware of how one serving alone may be tipping you over your sodium allowance and putting you at risk for ailments far more grave then you feeling bloated in your skinny jeans.
You May Like: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Read Also: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Pot Roast
Tips For The Best Easy Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Dont skip ingredients . Together they all build the best tasting soup.
- Be sure to simmer veggies long enough that they become tender. I like to test a few. No one wants a chicken soup with crunchy carrots.
- Cook noodles until just tender. The broth mixture will be hot and it will continue to cook the noodles off heat.
- Simmer the soup with some of the leftover rotisserie bones. If you arent used to cooking with bones it may seem strange but they actually add so much flavor. I like to add some to a cheesecloth and tie closed with kitchen twine then remove once finished cooking.
- I know the soup doesnt simmer long but you still get a lot of flavor from the bones just in that short period of time especially if theres some browned skin on the chicken .
Quick Chicken Noodle Soup Version
If you dont have time to make the ultimate version that involves a low and slow cooking time, you can make a quick version by using a good quality chicken broth and either using pre-cooked shredded chicken breast or, for more flavor, rotisserie chicken. Its not quite as healthy as the low and slow simmered version, but nevertheless delicious!
Read Also: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Bake
The Best Noodles For Chicken Noodle Soup
Lots of recipes will call for egg noodles in chicken noodle soup, however I think the best noodles for chicken noodle soup are the Organic Gigli Pasta noodles from Trader Joes. They are made with just two ingredients: 100% durum wheat semolina flour and water plus they have a fun curly shape that cooks up rather large.
It adds such a lovely texture to the soup. You can also use your favorite shape of noodle but I recommend it have some curl to it. If you can find it, give Gigli a try!
Because I love having something to soak soup up with and because carbs are comfort, I always serve my Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup with warm baked French Baguette. Something crusty that stands up to hot broth is always a good idea. Bonus points if you slather it in salted butter. Now thats my love language!
With cool fall days and long winter night on the horizon, you will definitely want to have this soup recipe in your recipe box. If you make this recipe, please leave a comment on this post telling me what you think! I hope your family will love it as much as mine does.
You May Like: Potato Soup With Frozen Hash Browns
Best Bouillon Cube: Better Than Bouillon Reduced Sodium Chicken Base
If youve ever examined a bouillon cubes ingredient list before, youve most likely noticed that salt is often the first ingredient. That really shows in Knorrs version, as just a half a cube racks up over half a days worth of the stuff, leaving you more than parched for a glass of detox water. Not to mention, its loaded with five versions of MSG, potentially trans-fat-laden hydrogenated palm oil, caramel color, artificial colors Yellow 5 and 6, as well as TBHQa corrosion inhibitor also used in biodiesel. Instead, grab a broth concentrate like that from Better Than Bouillon . This stock is super-reduced until its just a paste-like product thats packed with flavor. Our pick is made up of real chicken meat with natural juices, spices, only one source of MSG, and colored with turmeric instead of coal-derived artificial colors.
Read Also: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Is Chicken Noodle Soup Really A Remedy For Colds And Flu
Chicken soup, including chicken noodle soup, has always been believed to possess restorative health qualities. The earliest reference we know of that describes chicken soups healing qualities is from Sephardic Jewish philosopher Maimonides who described it as a treatment for leprosy, asthma, and malnutrition. While these claims may seem a bit far-fetched today, there has been a lot of anecdotal evidence to suggest that chicken soup helps with colds and flu.
In the 1990s, a researcher from the University of Nebraska Medical Center, Dr. Stephen Rennard, took it upon himself to research these claims, using his grandmothers chicken soup recipe as his guide, and his findings confirmed that chicken soup does indeed have healing properties. Specifically he found that the ingredients in chicken soup have an anti-inflammatory effect on the body: He found they inhibited the movement of white blood cells which decreased mucous production, reduced inflammation, and boosted the immune system, thereby aiding the body in fighting off infection. Chicken soup also contains a number of vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes.
In addition the gelatin created by the bones in the chicken has a lot of nutrients that boost liver function and detoxification, help build bone and cartilage, and improve digestion.
So besides being some of the best comfort food out there, chicken noodle soup really is very good for you too!
Did You Make This Recipe
This post originally appeared in September 2014 and was revised and republished in January 2020.
Hi! Im Christine. My passion is creating recipes that take less time in the kitchen, so that we can all spend more time enjoying life! Im a busy single mom of two, so I totally get how tough it can be. Thats why Ive been figuring things out for my own family, and thats why I want to share this knowledge with others. I now help over 2 million people a month get delicious meals onto their tables. Come along with me and see how much easier it can be!
5 secrets to the Juiciest grilled meats!
Also Check: Campbell Soup Chicken Recipes Cream Mushroom
Best Campbells Canned Chicken Noodle Soup
A warm chicken noodle soup is both tasty and healthy if prepared right. Not only the noodle soup is filling but it also has some healing properties. If youre bored of peppermint tea while sick then try canned chicken noodle soup. The best part about canned soup over homemade is, you just need to heat them properly and your dish is ready in under 2 minutes. And today well be talking about Campbells chicken noodle soup and what makes them so special.
A classic chicken noodle soup is made from chicken chunks, simmered in water or chicken broth with the seasonal ingredients. It takes you nearly an hour to make the recipe at home. But thanks to the availability of canned soups that taste great and have a good shelf life. You can simply pop them in the microwave or simmer the contents over the stovetop for a perfect steaming hot soup in a minute.
Campbells Classic Low Sodium Ready To Serve Chicken Noodle Soup
- Simple Preparation: No Need To Worry About Multi-Step Prep This Soup Doesn’t Need To Be Reconstituted. Just Heat, Stir, And Serve For A Filling Meal In An Instant.
- Foodservice Item: A Flavorful Recipe Of Tender Chicken, Hearty Egg Noodles, Crisp Celery, And Sweet Red Peppers In A Rich Chicken Stock Seasoned With A Splash Of Sauternes Wine.
- Nutrition Matters: Each Serving Of Low Sodium Chicken Noodle Soup Is Low In Sodium, Calories, Fat, And Carbohydrates, Making It A Wholesome Option You Can Feel Good About Serving To Your Customers.
- Menu Inspiration: Great For A Snack In Between Meals. List This Savory Soup On Your Appetizer Menu Or Feature As A Lunch Special With A Seasonal Salad. Add A Small Cup As A Side With A Burger Or A Chicken Sandwich Instead Of Fries Or Chips.
- An Easy Staple: This Is The Perfect On-The-Go Meal Option Delighting Guests Wherever They Are.
You May Like: Red Potatoes And Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
This soup is one of my staple dinner recipes! Its something everyone can agree on and its always a highlight of a long day. Its just hard to beat a bowl of homestyle chicken noodle soup!
I dont know if theres a more comforting food in the world than a warm bowl of this simple soup. Good for the soul, right?
Sure we all love the whole chicken, totally from scratch version which simmers and simmers, but it takes so much longer. Youll love that this recipe is quick and easy to make, thanks to the shortcut of using a rotisserie chicken.
It makes the perfect weeknight dinner because you can have it ready in about 30 minutes and its filled with healthy, hearty ingredients.
The other great thing about this recipe is that its always a good thing to serve to guests because I cant think of many people who dont like it. Chicken noodle soup is always a win!
What Happens If Campbells Well Yes Well Yes Roasted Chicken With Wild Rice Soup Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Dont Replace: For items youd rather not replace, choose Dont replace to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Also Check: Soup Nation Eugene Or
Healthiest Chicken Noodle Soup: Pacific Organic Chicken Noodle Soup Reduced Sodium
Ingredients you want to see in the best chicken soup: cooked chicken, chicken broth, peas, carrots, spices. Ingredients you dont want to see: potassium chloride, maltodextrin, yeast extract, carrot juice concentrate, sugar, flavoring, xanthan gum, carrageenan, and a slew of others. Just because both options are low sodium doesnt mean theyre both good for you. Pick up Pacifics organic option over Campbells if you dont want to sip on the same contents that are found in a food scientists test tube.
Live Well Eat Bright Well Yes
Made with purposeful, nutritious ingredients, Well Yes! offers a variety of convenient and delicious soups that prove eating brighter and smarter doesnât have to mean sacrificing amazing taste. From Tomato & Sweet Basil to Roasted Chicken with Rice to Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato, Well Yes! soups are conveniently packaged in cans, sipping cups, and microwavable bowls so you can feel good about your daily routine. So don’t settle for less when it comes to living wellâgo ahead, say Yes!, and live deliciously.
Also Check: Lipton Soup Pot Roast Recipe
Well Yes Campbell’s Southwest
- 13 Grams Of Protein: Made With Chicken Meat With No Antibiotics, This Chicken Tortilla Soup Is A Good Source Of Protein With 13 Grams Of Protein Per Can See Nutrition Information For Sodium Content
- Purposeful, Nutritious Ingredients: This Chicken Tortilla Soup Is Crafted With Carefully Chosen Ingredients Like Chicken Bone Broth, Chicken Meat With No Antibiotics, Corn, Tomatoes, Beans And Tortilla Chips
- Packed With Veggies: Feel Good Eating This Chicken Tortilla Soup That Has 20 Percent Of Your Daily Veggies Per Can
- Eat Well And Say Yes To The Good Stuff: Well Yes Southwest-Style Chicken Tortilla Soup Is Made To Nourish And Satisfy With Nutritious, Delicious Ingredients You Could Find In Your Kitchen And No Artificial Flavors, No Synthetic Colors And No Preservatives Added
- Just Heat And Eat: This Ready-To-Eat Chicken Tortilla Soup Ships As A 12 Pack Of 16.3 Ounce Recyclable Cans Of Soup With A Non-Bpa Lining