How Do You Reheat Soup
To Reheat In Your Microwave: Cover loosely with a microwave safe lid and microwave on high heat setting for 2-3 minutes, or until hot. Stir halfway through heating time.
For Stove Top: Pour soup into a pot or sauce pan. Heat, while stirring occasionally being careful not to bring to a rapid oil, until hot.
The Delicious Soup Recipe Is Here
Lets go through the full recipe of broccoli cheddar cheese soup. The soup is refreshing and flavorful. The cooking time of the soup is approximately 1 hour.
This soup is easy for dinner, especially when you want to have something lighter. Other versions of the broccoli cheddar soup recipe are also discussed below, so read until the end.
The recipe shared here with you is similar to Paneras Broccoli Cheddar soup recipe. Many of the internet bloggers called it Copycat Panera Broccoli cheddar soup.
Here you go with the ingredients list.
Crockpot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
You may need to add more broth if the soup reduces too much while cooking. Also, if you dont plan on serving the potato cheddar broccoli soup immediately, you can leave it on the keep warm setting.
Read Also: Dr Fuhrman Anti Cancer Soup Recipe
Making Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese. Although it’s pureed, it does still have some texture in it from small bits of broccoli, which is very welcome.
There are a few keys to making this soup really special:
- Blanch the broccoli: I like to blanch the broccoli before adding it to the soup. It’s an extra step, but it means you can better control its texture in the finished soup.
- Save a few broccoli florets for garnish: I also reserve some of the blanched florets to stir in just before serving. They add a crunchy and colorful contrast to the bowl of pureed soup.
- Make it extra thick! To help thicken the soup and make it extra creamy, I add some all-purpose flour to the base.
How To Reheat Broccoli Cheddar Soup
In The Oven:
In The Microwave:
Reheating Broccoli Cheddar Soup in the microwave takes about 3 minutes, stopping every 60 seconds to stir. It is important to do this to avoid the dreaded cold spots. Be sure to cover the cup or bowl with a damp paper towel so that the leftovers can steam.
In The Skillet:
Broccoli Cheddar Soup can easily be reheated in the skillet. Heat 2 tablespoons of water then add Broccoli Cheddar Soup and reheat until the soup is heated through and thickened. The process will take about 5 to 10 minutes on medium-high heat.
Don’t Miss: Cream Of Mushroom Soup | Keto Friendly
Equipment Notes & Suggestions
This section contains affiliate links, which means I might earn a small commission if you place an order through them .
This recipe yields a substantial amount of soup . If you are serving two people or dont want a lot of leftovers, you could easily cut the ingredients in half. Heres what youll need to make it:
- I swear that soups always taste better when theyre cooked in a Dutch oven. I used my 5.5-quart Le Creuset for this recipe. A large, heavy-bottomed soup pot will also work well.
- Youll need a lid for the pot. In a pinch, you could use a metal baking sheet.
- If you are making the full batch, youll need to blend it in batches in your stand blender. I could not blend the full batch at once in my Vitamix. Transfer the blended portion to a heat-proof pitcher or container as you blend the rest, then combine it all in the soup pot.
- Or, you could use an immersion blender. The trouble with immersion blenders is that they never yield soup as creamy as you could accomplish in your stand blender. I wish it werent true!
Safety note: Never fill a stand blender past the maximum fill line, or you could end up with a giant mess . You need to know how your blender works. My lids design allows for steam to escape, but if yours doesnt, youll want to remove the center piece so the contents dont build pressure as they blend. Cover the hole with a tea towel, but dont place your hand over it because the steam is hot.
How To Make Broccoli And Cheese Soup 3 Ways
Do you like your broccoli soup super smooth or with chunks of broccoli? You actually have 3 options there:
My 10 month old daughter loved the completely pureed version quite an impressive feat, considering shes the pickiest eater youve ever seen. That right, there, seals the deal on this broccoli soup. And, its why I make it practically every week, all winter long.
So, are you convinced yet? Why not give it a try and make some easy broccoli cheese soup tonight?
Recommended Reading: Anderson Split Pea Hotel
How Can You Make Broccoli Cheddar Soup Thicker
Ive found this soup thickens up very well with the roux created by the butter and flour, but if youre wanting to thicken it up even more, you have a few options.
How To Make Broccoli Cheddar Soup
To make this delicious cheddar cheese you will only need a handful of ingredients, a large pot, and 30 minutes. Gather all your ingredients and lets get cooking!
Broccoli:Fresh broccoli florets along with the stems chopped into small bite-size pieces. A 12oz bag of frozen broccoli will also work. The instructions and cooking time are exactly the same.
Carrots: You will need about 1 cup of grated, finely minced, or julienned carrots. It is about 1 large carrot or 2 small carrots. This ingredient is optional and can be adjusted to your taste preference.
Cheddar: To get the best possible flavor, we like to use an 8oz block of mild or medium cheddar cheese. You can also use 2 cups of pre-grated cheddar cheese.
Half & Half: Half and half will yield a texture that is not too thick or too thin. It can also be replaced with milk for a light soup or heavy cream for keto dieters.
Stock: Veggie or chicken stock will work great and if you dont have any on hand, replace the stock with water and add a bouillon cube.
You will also need a chopped onion, minced garlic, butter, flour, salt pepper and paprika .
Scroll down for the full recipe, video, and nutritional facts. Please dont forget to rate the recipe below and tag us on Instagram !
Also Check: Lipton Onion Soup Potatoes On The Grill
What Goes Into It
- Butter – it starts our soup off right with the buttery base to sauté the aromatics
- Onion and garlic – they immediately give this soup a savory foundation. I prefer Vidalia onion, but you can use a yellow onion.
- Flour – it thickens the soup. Don’t skip it!
- Dijon mustard – this is my secret ingredient to set this soup apart from the rest. Don’t worry, you don’t taste it specifically! It just gives a robust savory flavor you didn’t even know you needed.
- Broth – you can use vegetable broth if you need this to be vegetarian, but I do find chicken broth has more flavor
- Cream – we’re using heavy cream here for luxuriousness. Sub at your own risk for something with a lower fat content it will be less rich and/or alter the taste completely.
- Broccoli – I used fresh broccoli, but you can use frozen broccoli
- Carrots – pre-cut matchstick carrots are easiest, but you could always thinly slice a small carrot up. Don’t add too many carrots or the soup will taste more like carrots than it probably should.
- Cheddar cheese – the cheese you buy really impacts the flavor of this soup! I can’t emphasize this enough. Buy a good quality sharp/old cheddar and grate it yourself.
- Cayenne – it’s optional but highly recommended to give depth of flavor. This amount won’t make this soup spicy, and it just gives it more dimension.
Broccoli Cheese Soup Ingredients
- Fresh broccoli: Youll only need the florets for this recipe, the tree-like ends. Reserve stalks for another use like coleslaw.
- Butter: Stick with butter not olive oil here for best flavor.
- Yellow onion: Onion is a critical ingredient to build of flavor of this soup. Additionally you can also add 1 carrot thinly diced too if you want to sneak in another vegetable.
- Garlic: We only use 1 clove in this recipe so it doesnt overwhelm the flavor of the cheese.
- All-purpose flour: This is used to thicken the soup and it helps the cheese melt smoother.
- Milk: I usually use low-fat milk here, but to make it richer you could use whole milk.
- Chicken broth: Vegetable broth also works well.
- Heavy cream: Youll love how rich this makes the soup. We dont need a whole lot, a little can go a long way.
- Sharp cheddar cheese: Extra sharp is delicious too for a bolder cheese flavor.
- Parmesan cheese: A secret ingredient that really makes it the best!
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper: Add to taste. Keep in mind the cheeses have quite a bit so careful not to overdue it.
Don’t Miss: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Why Youll Love This Recipe
- Pin This Recipe For Later!
How To Serve Brocolli Cheddar Soup
This delicious soup is packed full of veggies and texture and can be perfectly eaten stand-alone and will make a filling meal. It can also be served in a bread bowl or with crusty bread for dipping or topped with croutons! If youre a meat-eater, you can top it with chopped grilled or shredded chicken or mix them in.
Read Also: Campbells Soup Recipes With Rice
How To Make A Thicker Soup:
We find that this broccoli cheddar soup thickens up really nicely on its own, thanks to the roux made with butter and flour. Roux is the secret to making broth thick and creamy. If you find that your creation lacks the thickness youre after, here are a few things you can do to fix it:
- Add in more cheese.
- Create a second roux by mixing equal parts melted butter and flour and then add that to your cheese and broccoli soup.
- Whisk together water and cornstarch until the latter has dissolved, then add that to the mixture.
How To Thicken Broccoli Cheddar Soup Naturally
Believe it or not, the thickener in this gluten-free broccoli cheese soup is simply cheese. No flour, starches, or artificial thickeners are necessary for this one.
The heavy cream also reduces as it cooks, which helps very slightly with thickening. For this reason, I wouldnt recommend swapping out the cream with any kind of milk. It will work okay, but the result will be a lot less creamy.
Of course, the cheese does the majority of the work in thickening this broccoli cheddar soup recipe
When I discovered that shredded cheddar works so well, I honestly wondered why Ive never seen this before. Yes, its a teeny tiny bit thinner than a flour-thickened version, but its so much easier. And, its better for you, too.
No carbs, no fuss, and still creamy and delicious. Thats a win-win, and makes this top my list when it comes to broccoli and cheese soup recipes.
Also Check: Beef Roast Mushroom Soup
News Result For Easy Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Broccoli-Cheddar SoupYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Food & Wine
Broccoli Cheese and Potato SoupYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
33 Vegetarian Soups to Keep You Cozy All Year RoundYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Our 11 Best Broccoli Casserole Recipes to Make This SpringYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
27 Family-Friendly Soups You’ll Want to Make This SpringYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
OPINION | FRONT BURNER: Chicken and Rice Soup simple yet delectableYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
The 40 Best Broccoli Recipes in the UniverseYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
36 Family-Friendly Dinners You’ll Want to Make This SpringYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
No cheese? It’s a breeze with these vegan recipesYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Five ways to cook with broccoli stalksYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Kendra Makes Skillet CheesesteakYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
National Catholic Reporter
Yahoo News UK
Simple Broccoli And Cheese Soup
This easy, creamy low carb broccoli cheese soup is probably the easiest recipe youll find. Its also gluten-free, healthy, and can be vegetarian by substituting vegetable broth for the chicken broth. Ive even made it with bone broth before to incorporate the benefits of that.
Youll love that it takes just twenty minutes to prepare, so you can totally throw it together at the last minute on a busy weeknight. Its also an excellent choice as a starter for guests coming over without spending a lot of extra time.
It requires just a few simple ingredients. Best of all, they are so common that, chances are, you have most of them on hand.
Yep, broccoli and cheese soup with only five ingredients. Are you intrigued? All you need is:
- Chicken broth
- Shredded cheddar cheese
To be fair, this makes a very basic broccoli soup recipe. The ingredients and flavors are not complex.
This is intentional! I wanted to keep it simple so that its very accessible to just about anyone.
If you want to change it up, see my tips below on what to add to broccoli cheddar soup.
Also Check: Golden Mushroom Soup Vs Cream Of Mushroom
Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This broccoli cheddar soup recipe is made without white flour or heavy cream, but youd never know just by tasting it! Its creamy and comforting, with extra fiber and protein in each bite.
- 1Tablespoonolive oil
- 1 canwhite beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2cupraw cashews
- 1poundbroccoli florets, chopped
- 1largecarrot, shredded
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- 4ouncesextra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 250mg | Potassium: 572mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3998IU | Vitamin C: 104mg | Calcium: 279mg | Iron: 2mg
If you try this healthy broccoli cheddar soup recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below, letting me know how you like it.
How To Make Broccoli Cheese Soup
Ready to see how to make broccoli cheese soup without added carbs or weird ingredients? Its super simple, just a few easy steps:
- Saute garlic in a large pot or Dutch oven. It takes about 45-60 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream, and chopped broccoli. Simmer until the broccoli is tender, about 10-20 minutes.
TIP: The simmer time will vary depending on the size of your florets. Smaller florets = faster simmer time.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese gradually, stirring constantly, and continue to stir until melted. This will help thicken the soup.
TIP: Avoid having the heat too high when adding the cheese or after, to avoid seizing. See more tips about how to make broccoli cheese soup perfectly, without carbs and without clumping, below.
OR, go with my preferred method to avoid clumping altogether
- Puree the broccoli into the soup along with the cheddar cheese using an immersion blender. I like to remove about 1/3 the florets using a slotted spoon first, so that you can toss the florets back in afterward and have some broccoli pieces in your soup.
TIP: The more broccoli you leave in before pureeing, the thicker your broccoli soup will be. The cheese helps thicken your broccoli cheddar soup, but the pureed broccoli florets will, too!
If youre curious about what my older pictures of homemade broccoli cheese soup looked like, here is one:
This rich broccoli cheese soup is quick and easy with just 5 ingredients!
You May Like: Lipton Onion Soup Roast Beef