Other Spices And Seasonings Recipes
Ive really gotten into making my own homemade seasonings lately. I find that its so much cheaper in the long run than buying these tiny little containers of mixed spices. Youre making a larger quantity that will take you longer to use up.
Plus I like the fact that I know exactly whats going in my seasoning, there are no hidden ingredients that you need to question.
Here are some good homemade seasonings Ive been making:
- Italian Seasoning
How To Make Soup
One of the most common questions is how to make soup from dry onion soup mix. The process couldnt be simpler! If you want to make soup, add 4 cups boiling water or low sodium beef broth and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
Add caramelized onions, frozen veggies or even thinly sliced beef or chicken to make a whole meal.
Benefits Of Making Homemade Onion Soup Mix Yourself
Im sorry if Im repeating myself but honestly guys I cant say it enough. Making your own homemade french onion soup mix is great! The main reason is that you are in control of what ingredients you are using. And that is worth a lot!
And add in the fact that buying your spices in bulk and making your own big batch of onion soup mix will save you money in the long run. Buying premade soup mixes are expensive for only 2 packets at a time.
Don’t Miss: Campbell Soup Baked Chicken Breast Recipes
How Do You Make French Onion Dip From Scratch
As I told you at the beginning of this article, onion dip has always been a weakness of mine. But rather than making an onion dip containing a lot of extra unhealthy ingredients, now this homemade french onion dip is here for everyone to enjoy.
Its a very easy recipe consisting of mainly 2 steps.
Step 1: Put the sour cream into a bowl.
Step 2: Add 3-4 tbsp of homemade onion soup mix.
Step 3: Mix!
See super easy. But please check out our exact recipe for Homemade Onion Dip to see what else you can do with your dip.
Onion Mix With A Few Basic Ingredients For An Instant French Onion Dip
French Onion Soup Packet Dry onion flakes, beef bullion granules or paste, onion powder, parsley, celery seed, paprika, black pepper. Lipton recipe secrets recipe soup & dip mix onion is a tasty onion broth flavor · great for a creating our classic onion dip that can be used as a french onion . Mccormick just 5 dip dressing & seasoning mix classic french onion. You can use onion soup mix when cooking if you are on a low carb or keto diet, just make sure not to go overboard and use too much. Lipton recipe secrets recipe soup & dip mix onion is a tasty onion broth flavor.
You May Like: Gluten Free French Onion Soup Canned
Recommended Reading: Chef\’s Cupboard Chicken Noodle Soup Mix
Tips Tricks And Variations
- To prepare and even healthier version of this mix, you will skip adding the bullion. When you are ready to make the soup, use about 1/4 cup of the dry onion soup mix and mix with 2 cups of homemade beef stock instead of water.
- To make this homemade soup mix vegetarian, you can swap out the beef bullion for vegetable bullion.
- Store this at a cool temperature, preferably in a glass jar for longer shelf life.
- Mix with Plain Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream for a dip, use it as a dry rub on chicken or roast, slice up some fresh onions and use it as a base for a fabulous French Onion Soup.
Homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix
Growing up, my mom always had Lipton Onion Soup Mix in her pantry.
This dried blend of seasonings was just what a variety of recipes called for to enhance flavor.
I use Dry Onion Soup Mix in my own kitchen now. But instead of Lipton Onion Soup Mix, I make my own.
Making Homemade Onion Soup Mix perfect for anyone who has dietary restrictions, but still wants the flavor punch that a packet of dried onion soup packs!
Read Also: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
You May Like: Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix Gluten Free
Can I Make A Smaller Serving To Make Sure I Like It
While my seasoning blend recipes are well tested and used every day in my home, everyones taste buds are different.
If youd like to make a smaller serving of this onion soup mix to make sure you like it before you make an entire pint, use these ingredients:
- ¼ cup dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoons celery salt
- teaspoon black pepper
This simple recipe should make enough dry onion soup mix for 1-2 uses. Then if your family enjoys it, come back to this recipe and make a whole pint next time.
You May Like: Golden Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Did You Make This Recipe
What to do with the leftovers from That Old Lipton Onion Soup Pot Roast Recipe:
Ill be sharing That Old Lipton Onion Soup Pot Roast Recipe at Fiesta Friday #242, cohosted this week by and Youre going to love all the bloggers that share their best recipes of the week at Fiesta Friday but do drop by and see Jhuls. Youre going to love each creative recipe and take a sec to stop by and see Jen. Shes going to have you in stitches with a helping of her real-life stories along with each recipe.
Ingredientsfor The Classic Lipton Onion Soup Meatloaf
- GroundBeef: For the best flavor and texture, youll want to use ground beef witha ratio of 90/10. You want your loaf to be succulent, but not greasy. 90/10 or85/15 beef is the sweet spot.
- LiptonOnion Soup Mix: This versatile mix deserves a spot in every pantry. Itsall you need for a rich, flavorful loaf. These packets are available in mostgrocery stores or online.
- Eggs:Its the key to a moist and juicy meatloaf. The ideal ratio is one egg perpound of ground beef.
- BreadCrumbs: We used panko breadcrumbs, but any kind will do. To make your own, grindbread in a food processor and spread the crumbs in a single layer on a bakingsheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 300ºF.
- Ketchup:A traditional meatloaf isnt complete without ketchup! Use your favorite brandof ketchup to add classic tomato flavor to this dish.
Dont Miss: Campbells Chicken And Rice Bake Recipes
What To Serve With Lipton Onion Soup Burgers
As hearty and delicious as burgers are, they arent as much fun to eat without the sides! The sides add excitement to the table, making your meal even more unforgettable.
Looking for ideas? Here are some dishes that complement burgers wonderfully.
- French Fries. Ah. The classic! Crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and deliciously salty all over. Take it up another notch by drizzling truffle oil over your fries!
- Onion Rings. The subtle sweetness of onions gives your savory burgers a nice flavor contrast. Plus, who can resist that crunch?
- Coleslaw. Crisp cabbage and carrots are coated in a creamy, tangy dressing. Its a light, cold, and refreshing treat that tastes amazing with burgers!
Dont Miss: Olive Garden Endless Soup And Salad
You May Like: Andersen Split Pea Soup Hotel
Your Slow Cooker Can Be Your Best Friend
Do you want to come home to the smell of meatloaf cooking after a hard day at work? You can easily make Lipton Onion Soup Mix meatloaf in your slow cooker. The Crock Pot is a great way to get dinner on the table quickly and easily.
To cook this meatloaf recipe in your slow cooker, follow these steps:
How To Use Dry Onion Soup Mix
This simple and delicious seasoning can be used to add flavor tons of recipes. Apart from the most obvious, here are a few more ways to enhance your favorite recipes.
- Add 1 tablespoon to this Instant Pot Brown Rice
- Mix with this oil-free salad dressing to make a delicious marinade for veggies and tofu
- Add it to some hot veggie broth for a simple and healthy French Onion Soup
Read Also: Red Potatoes And Lipton Onion Soup Mix
A Homemade Version Of This Popular Pantry Staple Is Easy And Economical To Make For Convenient Use Whenever Needed A Single Recipe Makes 4 Packets
Homemade versions of store-bought staples can be really useful. Sometimes, the DIY version is healthier, cheaper, and/or allows you to swap out off-limits ingredients. Most times, they taste better, too.
This copycat version of the well-known onion soup packets is something I often use in a super-easy, fall-apart-tender recipe for chuck roast. The sodium content will be better than with the name brand packet, but bouillon is still high in sodium. Keep in mind that the following recipe makes the equivalent of 4-1/2 packets. There are sodium-free beef bouillon options if this is a concernorganic options exist as well.
So if you have recipes tucked away for meatloaf, French onion dip, or your moms classic chicken and rice casserole that call for these pre-made packets, this might be reason to revisit them.
How To Make Onion Soup Mix
To make this homemade onion soup mix:
Homemade onion soup mix will last in your cupboard for up to 6 months. On the bottom of the jars, I write the date they expire so I know how long they are good for! .
This homemade onion soup mix can be used to replace an envelope of Lipton Onion Soup Mix in recipes! Its great for meatloaf, chicken and french onion dip. And of course to make a simple onion soup!
You May Like: Potato Soup With Frozen Hash Browns
Recipe: Lipton Marinated Chicken Breasts
Quick and tasty. In shallow non-metallic dish, combine lemon juice, white wine, Lipton Onion Recipe Mix, vegetable oil and basil.
As the name suggests, a quick, easy stir fry. Great for leftover turkey. In a large skillet or wok heat oil and stir-fry vegetables for 2-3 minutes. Add Onion soup, ginger, water, and turkey.
In a bowl, mix the two bottles of Catalina dressing and the packet of onion soup. Once mixed, pour half of the mixture in the crock pot then place the roast in.
Brown roast in pan on both sides, until brown. While its browning, boil 1 coffee pot full of water . When roast is brown, leave in same pan you browned it in, pour hot water over it. Add 2 packs of Lipton Onion soup mix, add 1 onion chopped, salt and pepper, garlic, seasoned salt.
Dissolve the yeast in lukewarm water and set aside. Melt the shortening, in hot water, and add the sugar, salt and dry soup mix. Mix together with the yeast and gradually add in the flour, kneading until smooth.
Tips & Tricks For Making The Best Meatloaf
- Want to make meatloaf sandwiches? Just place a slice of leftover meatloaf in between your choice of bread. Top it with mayo, onions, pickles, and all your favorite toppings. Delicious.
- Apart from onion soup mix, you could also try other soup mixes to flavor the beef. Onion and mushroom soup mix, herb with garlic soup mix, and beefy onion soup mix all make fantastic alternatives!
- Want to try this in a slow cooker? Go ahead! Cover the meatloaf in a piece of cheesecloth, place it on a rack, then into the slow cooker it goes. This technique will hold the meatloaf together as you take it in and out of the slow cooker. Cook the meatloaf on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Want to cut back on calories? Use ground turkey instead of beef, egg beater in place of the eggs, and homemade whole wheat breadcrumbs instead of white breadcrumbs.
- Add some chopped parsley to the recipe to give your meatloaf more flavor and color.
- Give your meatloaf some extra flavor by seasoning it with Italian spices and Parmesan cheese. Yum!
- Instead of ketchup, you can also use your favorite spaghetti sauce instead. Top the meatloaf with additional spaghetti sauce as it bakes for an incredibly moist, irresistible loaf.
- Cheddar cheese can take your meatloaf to a whole new level. Add it to your beef mixture and taste the difference.
- Want to cut back on the grease? Place a few pieces of bread underneath the meatloaf and it will soak up the grease as it bakes.
Recommended Reading: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Nutrition Information
Have Leftovers Freeze Individual Slices For Quick Lunches And Dinners
If you have leftover meatloaf, you can count your lucky stars. Individual slices of meatloaf freeze up beautifully. You can pull a slice out on a busy weeknight and serve it up with mashed potatoes.
Frozen meatloaf will keep for up to three months if frozen in freezer bags.
Alternatively, leftover meatloaf makes an excellent meatloaf sandwich.
You can also freeze an entire uncooked or cooked loaf. If you want to have a loaf for a later date, this is a great way to put a quick dinner on the table.
Homemade Onion Soup Mix
Im not going to lie and tell you that you will save oodles of money making your own onion soup mix recipe. A box of Lipton packets costs less than $2, but I will tell you that this one is a little tastier and works great in a pinch for a substitute.
Ill also go out on a limb here and say 90% of my foodie friends already have all the ingredients they need to make this recipe in their pantry.
Also Check: Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix Gluten Free
Coated In A Flavorful Sauce These Chops Are Cooked To Tender Perfection
Learn how to make the perfect, juicy, and flavorful pork chop with these helpful tricks on preparation, cooking temperature, and more. The spruce this easy slow cooker pot roast needs only five common ingredients plus wateryou can even substi. Find easy ideas for boneless pork chops, plus reviews and tips from home cooks. They call pork the other white meat for good reason. The spruce if you think pork chops are only good for roasting, it may be surprising to learn t. I serve skillet pork chops with veggies and, when my husband lobbies, cornbread stuffing. This recipe makes the equivalent of one packet of soup mix. A homemade alternative to the packaged onion soup mixes. The spruce pork chops are a common dinnertime entree as they are somewhat simple to make and can be paire. This recipe makes the equivalent of one packet of soup mix. Coated in a flavorful sauce, these chops are cooked to tender perfection. You can prepare soup, make dips and even season meats with this handy mix from june mullins of livonia, missouri. Looking for a pork chop recipe?
The spruce this easy slow cooker pot roast needs only five common ingredients plus wateryou can even substi. Way cheaper to make it yourself than buy the packets. This goes nicely with parsley potatoes and a crisp salad, she writes from deer park, new york.
The Pwwb House Burger French Onion Soup Burgers
These rich, flavor-filled burgers take me right back to the summers of my childhood. Growing up, French onion burgers were on the dinner menu at least once a week. Maybe it was because my dad & older brother loved them so much, or maybe it was because Mom loved how easy they were to throw together.
These burgers are made with 3 simple, smart ingredients , the star being a good ol packet of onion soup mix.
Y-E-S, you heard me right! Its admittedly a little retro but I dont even care because these onion soup mix burgers are so freakin good. They have a ton of rich French onion flavor with hardly any effort involved!
You can leave em simple & serve em up plain Jane theyre flavorful enough to stand on their own like that, I promise OR you can doll em up with some over-the-top toppings: fancy cheese, bacon, a pile of easy caramelized onions, you name it!
No matter which route you go, though, you have to serve your French onion burger on a St Pierre Brioche Burger Bun. Ive been completely obsessed with brioche buns for the past few summers. They have a pillowy soft light & fluffy texture, with amazing rich, buttery flavor such an easy everyday indulgence. St Pierre brioche is made in France with high-quality ingredients & Im so thrilled to be partnering with them for the rest of the summer. You can find St Pierre Brioche Burger Buns in the bakery & deli section in grocery stores nationwide!
Also Check: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Bake
Change The Lipton Onion Soup Mix Recipe A Bit
The classic recipe calls for Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix. However, theres no reason that you cant change things up to achieve a different flavor.
Consider garlic and herb soup mix, beef onion soup mix, french onion soup mix, or mushroom and onion soup mix. French Onion Meatloaf is delicious.
Note that the Lipton dip mix isnt ideal for this recipe.
Can you use a homemade onion soup mix to make this recipe? Absolutely! Your homemade onion soup mix will still give you that wonderful onion flavor.
Also Check: Campbell Soup Recipe For Chicken And Rice