Lipton Onion Soup Pot Roast
There are all sorts of neat little tricks that people have to add all sorts of rich, delicious flavor to their favorite pot roasts. Browning, Worcestershire, and soy sauce- chances are, youve heard them all. What you might not be too familiar with is using some Lipton onion soup mix in your pot roast! This special little ingredient not only helps make juicy, tender pot roasts but it makes them super flavorful!
We also went out of our way to make this pot roast in the oven- while slow cooker pot roasts are super easy and delicious, ovens still work. Some of us also might not have slow cookers or instant pots on hand- but I imagine most of you have ovens! Besides, theres a certain charm to pulling a well-cooked pot roast from the oven- especially when its one this tasty!
This oven pot roast recipe is especially easy to make. If youre wondering how to make a tender beef roast in the oven, our instructions here are the answer youre looking for. So grab your favorite dutch oven and get to cooking! Youre going to love making this juicy pot roast in the oven.
Lipton French Onion Soup Mix Recipes
Lipton recipe secrets onion soup dip lipton recipe secrets beefy onion soup details lipton onion soup mix recipe for pot lipton onion soup meatloaf recipe
That old lipton onion soup pot roast recipe frugal hausfrau crockpot french onion en family fresh meals french onion soup mix recipe wellness mama 10 best lipton dry onion soup mix recipes yummly have a summer spree with lipton onion soup mix 1966 americana
This Recipe Makes The Equivalent Of One Packet Of Soup Mix
Learn how to make the perfect, juicy, and flavorful pork chop with these helpful tricks on preparation, cooking temperature, and more. This recipe makes the equivalent of one packet of soup mix. You can prepare soup, make dips and even season meats with this handy mix from june mullins of livonia, missouri. When i want comfort food, this is the one that i turn to. I got this recipe from a friend and it is awesome! tracey karst, ponderay, idaho home recipes ingredients fruits apples our brands Coated in a flavorful sauce, these chops are cooked to tender perfection. Make the most of pork chops with these easy, versatile, and delicious recipes and preparations, including slow cooking, barbecuing, and stuffing. Hundreds of baked and grilled pork chops recipes. taste of home test kitchen home test kitchen cooking with gear & gadgets our brands We have the perfect easy pork chop recipes that are quick enough to throw together any night of the week. Some doctors recommend pork as an alternative to beef, so when youâre trying to minimize the amount of red meat you consume each week, pork chops are a versatile meat choice that makes. I serve skillet pork chops with veggies and, when my husband lobbies, cornbread stuffing.
Donât Miss: Frozen Soup Bones For Dogs
Read Also: Blender That Makes Hot Soup And Ice Cream
How To Make Pot Roast:
Sear meat: Heat a large large skillet over medium-high heat. Season roast with salt and pepper, generously, on all sides. Add oil to the pot and once hot, add the meat, Sear, cooking the meat until browned on the bottom, then rotating it every few minutes until browned on all sides. Place meat in the bottom of a lightly greased slow cooker .
Add sauce: Stir together the cream of soup mixture and dry onion soup seasoning in a bowl. Pour mixture over the meat in the slow cooker.
Cook covered on LOW for 8-10 hours. If adding veggies, add them 1.5 2 hours before the timer is up.
What Can I Do With Leftover Pot Roast
As I hinted to above, youll love the leftovers almost as much as youll love eating the dish the first time. My favorite ways to eat leftover pot roast, in no particular order:
- On sandwiches. Boring, maybe. But add some banana peppers and a little mayo on top of that roast, slap it between two pieces of bread any bread will do and thats one amazing sandwich!
- Add shredded pot roast to a simple pasta dish.
- Beef empanadas!
Read Also: Andersen Split Pea Soup Hotel
No Sauteing Just Throw It In
When Ive looked at instant pot roast recipes, so many of them want you to spend time searing the roast and saute things. I even saw one that was 120 minutes cook time. What is the point of the Instant Pot if youre going to do all that? I like a recipe that I can just throw it all in and voila, its done. If thats you, too, then this is the recipe youre looking for.
This recipe make a fall apart, tender and flavorful chuck roast with a 65-minute instant pot cook time. There is no searing anything. There is no sauteing the juices. You dont need beef broth. It takes just four ingredients.
Tips For Making Pot Roast
- Pot roasts can be made using many different cooking methods. If you dont have an Instant Pot, you can try our recipes for making pot roast in the slow cooker or in the oven .
- To avoid mushy vegetables just add them later! 10 minutes before your cooking time is up, release the pressure and add the carrots and potatoes. Press cancel and then re-set to high pressure for 8 minutes. If you have bigger potatoes or potato dices, cook for 10 minutes.
- If you have leftovers, roast can easily be shredded and frozen to eat at a later date. Just remove any vegetables and place in a Ziplock bag to freeze. When ready to re-heat thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat or add to your favorite shredded beef recipes.
You May Like: Olive Garden Endless Soup And Salad
French Onion Pot Roast
For this Instant Pot Quick Instant Pot French Onion Pot Roast I did make the mashed potatoes on the stove if you have 2 Instant Pots you can make my Garlic and Rosemary Mashed Potatoes in one when the roast is doing the natural release.
I also have the Ultimate Instant Pot Pot Roast that is made with a Red Wine and cooks right with your potatoes and carrots. Garlic and Parm Asparagus is another great side dish to go with the Instant Pot French Onion Pot Roast.
Pressure Cooker Roast Recipe
- Roast we used a 2.75 lb. blade roast
- You can find more easy Crock Pot Express recipes here too
Want to cook a dutch oven roast ? We have instructions for that method here too.
We have a lot of beef to cook take a peek at our Instant Pot cooking times printable so you can find how long each cut of meat takes to be perfectly tender.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! Take a peek and see how many you might already havetwinsies!
Read Also: Campbell’s Creamy Chicken And Rice Casserole
Best Ground Beef And Lipton Onion Soup Recipes
Add the beef and cook until well browned on all sides. Place beef in slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with Onion Soup Mix. Tuck the potatoes in around the roast. Add the carrots and celery. Pour about 2 cups of water into the skillet the beef was browned in and scrape up any brown bits from the pan. Pour into the crockpot.
Lipton Onion Soup Meatloaf. Cuisine: American Recipe. Servings: 8. Preparation: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 60 minutes. Calories: 320. INGREDIENTS. 2 pounds ground beef 1 Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup packet 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs or 3/4 cup plain, dry breadcrumbs 3/4 cup water 2 eggs 1/2 cup ketchup
– INGREDIENTS – 6 large red or yellow onions, peeled and thinly sliced. – Olive oil – 1/4 teaspoon of sugar – 2 cloves garlic, minced – 8 cups of beef stock, chicken stock, or a combination of the two
1 cup heinz chili sauce A 9 x 5 inch loaf pan, a spoon and a large bowl. This is my favorite meatloaf recipe. I package lipton onion soup mix 2 lbs lean ground sirloin 3/4 cups quaker old fashioned oats 2 large eggs 3/4 cup water 1/3 cup ketchup Besto blog october 15, 2018. 1.5 lb 93% lean ground beef
Instant Pot Pot Roast With Potatoes
A quick note about adding potatoes, using baby potatoes are totally the way to go. They are the perfect size and they dont get mushy. Potatoes that are peeled and cut tend to get mushy in the Instant Pot when they cook for a longer amount of time. By keeping the skin on and not cutting them, the potatoes cook thoroughly while remaining firm. If you must use peeled diced potatoes and carrots, you will definitely want to release the pressure a few minutes before the regular cooking time, then add the potatoes and cook on high pressure an additional 8 minutes. 30+ minutes is too long to pressure cook diced potatoes.
Recommended Reading: Campbells Chicken Rice Bake
Some Tips For Making Instant Pot French Onion Pot Roast
- Cut your roast into 1 pound chunks for more even and faster cooking.
- Use Yellow onions for a more savory result, or use a sweet variety onion like Walla-Walla or Vidalia for a sweeter result.
- You can use fresh or dried thyme leaves. If using fresh, double the amount .
- If you dont have a can of French Onion soup, use a packet of onion soup mix and 1 cup of water.
- A little brandy or sherry adds nice flavor .
- Be sure to let the roast naturally release for 10-15 minutes before releasing the pressure for the best, tender results.
You can either shred the pot roast after it is cooked, or leave it in large chunks. I prefer the shredded version, where the meat goes back into that yummy onion gravy!
Another recipe you may want to try is my Instant Pot Pot Roast recipe. A classic pot roast with potatoes, onion, and carrots. It is classic and delicious.
Instant Pot French Onion Pot Roast
Let me tell you guys Im not a huge meat eater. This Instant Pot French Onion Pot Roast is simply amazing! Tender Juicy Beef smothered in French Onions all done in the Instant Pot! Tastes like it cooked all day in a dutch oven but it was a Quick Instant Pot Pot Roast that everyone will love any day of the week.
There is nothing like an instant pot, pot roast. Done to perfection with tender meat that shreds with the touch of your fork and still full of French Onion flavor. I served mine over mashed potatoes let me tell you it was to die for.
You May Like: Red Potatoes And Lipton Onion Soup Mix
How To Make Instant Pot Pot Roast
Jen’s Pressure Cooker Pot Roast
A pressure cooker is a must for making a tough roast tender. In our large family when I was growing up, this was everyone’s most-requested birthday dinner. When my mother was reducing her household size for a move, she gave me her pressure cooker, and I am now teaching my children to make this favorite as well.
Provided by jenonymous
|3 pounds beef rump roast|
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
|cup all-purpose flour|
|2 packages dry onion soup mix|
|2 ½ cups cold water, or as needed|
|8 potatoes, peeled and halved|
|3 onions, peeled|
|½ cup cold water|
Nutrition Facts : Calories 700.1 calories, Carbohydrate 71.3 g, Cholesterol 100.3 mg, Fat 24.9 g, Fiber 8.9 g, Protein 47.6 g, SaturatedFat 7.9 g, Sodium 934.5 mg, Sugar 7.5 g
Recommended Reading: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Nutrition Information
What Side Dishes Go Well With Pot Roast
Well mashed potatoes . Im a huge fan of the two together! However, the potatoes are the second part of this recipe and are easy enough to skip. Other side opportunities include:
- If you want a little greens, consider adding this simple tossed green salad.
- Roasted Brussels sprouts, green beans, or broccoli are easy to whip together while the roast isroasting.
- If you like the idea of potatoes but not mashed potatoes, you could make my favorite Company Potatoes or some simple roasted or baked ones in the oven with a little EVOO or butter and salt and pepper.
- Sometimes I like to go simple with my veggie sides and arrange cut-up carrots, celery, and cucumbers to a dinner plate with some hummus or ranch dressing for dipping.
- Other grain and pasta sides that go great with pot roast include couscous, white or brown rice, and wide egg noodles.
Easy Instant Pot Beef Pot Roast
This Easy Instant Pot Beef Pot Poast recipe is a classic go-to recipe for those lazy weekends where you want to eat well but not spend your whole weekend in the kitchen.
After you read how to make this beginner Instant Pot recipe, you will probably find it on your menu week after week.
Best Lipton Onion Soup Roast Beef Recipes
Lipton onion soup pot roast recipe is the easiest recipe to make juicy and soft baked meat in the oven. This ancient recipe is very great to eat and serve on weekends. There will be some small tricks that you should do to cook this delicious soup. You can combine Lipton onion into the soup.
Lipton Onion Soup Meatloaf – Insanely Good Recipes US. Posted: Apart from onion soup mix, you could also try other soup mixes to flavor the beef. Onion and mushroom soup mix, herb with garlic soup mix, and beefy onion soup mix all make fantastic alternatives!
Lipton Onion Soup Ground Beef Recipes. One pot french onion soup rice skillet recipe bettycrocker com beefy onion soup and dip recipe secrets lipton lipton onion soup meatloaf insanely good simple salisbury steak cincyper.
Brown ground beef and drain off excess grease. Add onion soup mix, crushed tomatoes and water. Bring to a slight boil and cover and reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes. Add cooked noodles and pour in a 2 quart casserole dish. Top with lots of cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
ground beef, chopped onion, chopped celery, chili powder and. 9 More. ground beef, chopped onion, chopped celery, chili powder, worcestershire sauce, lipton dried onion soup mix, salt, pepper, condensed tomato soup, water, baked potatoes, cheddar cheese, grated, sour cream. 10 min, 13 ingredients.
Can You Freeze Pot Roast
Yes! to freeze pot roast, use airtight containers or freezer bags with as little air in them as possible. Keep them in the freezer for up to six months. And dont forget to label them!
Defrost in the fridge overnight, or sprinkle generously with water and reheat in the microwave for 5-7 minutes, stirring and checking partway through.
You May Like: Aldi Chicken Noodle Soup Mix
More Pot Roast Recipes
- Theres nothing quite as classic and easy as Slow Cooker Pot Roast. Our version of this popular recipe yields tender and delicious beef thats perfect for tonights dinner!
- If youre looking for a tasty, fall-apart-tender roast beef recipe thats juicy as all get-out, check out our Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast. Serve over mashed potatoes- no gravy needed, not with all the juices from this amazing roast!
More About Lipton Beefy Onion Roast Recipes
THAT OLD LIPTON ONION SOUP POT ROAST RECIPE – FRUGAL HAUSFRAU
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned on all sides. Place beef in slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with Onion Soup Mix. Tuck the potatoes in around the roast. Add the carrots and celery. Pour about 2 cups of water into the skillet the beef was browned in and scrape up any brown bits from the pan. Pour into the crockpot. Add additional water to reach halfway up the roast. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high 4 to 5 hours.
ONION SOUP STANDING RIB ROAST – RECIPES, PARTY FOOD …
- Season beef with onion soup mix, making sure to cover all exposed sides, and place in a roasting pan, fattiest-side up.
- Roast 15 minutes to sear the outside, then reduce oven temperature to 350° and cook until meat is medium-rare and internal temperature reads 120° when taken with a meat thermometer, about 2 hours .
SLOW COOKER POT ROAST | LIPTON KITCHENS
10 BEST LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX POT ROAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
CROCKPOT BEEF POT ROAST WITH LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX …
HOW DO I COOK A POT ROAST WITH LIPTON BEEFY ONION MIX?
10 BEST LIPTON ONION SOUP ROAST BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE BEST LIPTON ONION SOUP POT ROAST RECIPE
Read Also: Lipton Herb And Garlic Soup Mix