How To Make Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup Step By Step
Making The Potato Soup From The Mix
To prepare measure out 1/2 cup of the soup mix in a mug or bowl. Add 1 cup of boiling water and stir until smooth.
To support the blog, check out the . Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
What Is The Best Potato To Use For Soup
You can use any potato in potato soup. Red potatoes, baby potatoes, russet potatoes, and yellow potatoes will all work. I like to make this soup with yukon gold potatoes or russet potatoes.
Russet potatoes have the highest starch content in potatoes, which makes them thicken up considerably. If you love a thick, hearty bowl of potato soup russets are your best bet.
Yukon gold potatoes are creamier, resulting in a very rich, smooth soup!
You May Like: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Recipes Potatoes
How To Make Instant Pot Creamy Potato Soup
This is a super easy Creamy Potato Soup recipe. It will be ready in a flash. Lets get started:
Peel your russet potatoes and cut them into large chunks . Chop the onion into a small dice, and mince the garlic.
With your Instant Pot on saute mode, soften the onions and garlic in the olive oil for about 5 minutes. Then stir in the spices, seasonings, chicken base, and broth. Now turn off the saute mode.
Time to add the cubed potatoes. Give it a little stir.
Pop the lid on, and lock the pressure vent to the seal position. Set the pot to manual mode , on high, for 4 minutes. I know, 4 minutes! Its crazy!
***Pause- I love my Instant Pot- Unpause***
Do a quick release of pressure. Remove the bay leaf so nobody has to crunch thru it .
Using the back of a spoon lightly break up some of the larger pieces of potato to give the soup good texture. Now, slowly stir in the potato flakes. Then stir in the half & half and the Greek yogurt.
Let the Potato Soup rest for about 5 minutes before serving. This will give the potato flakes time to absorb the liquid and thicken slightly.
Taste for additional seasoning and serve!
Why We Love Instant Pot Potato Soup
Whats not to love about potato soup?! Here are some of the reasons why this is one of our all time favorite recipes!
- Easy to make This is arguably the easiest recipe on our site. Chop veggies, stir together, and let the instant pot doo all the work. Blend it up and dinner is served
- Budget friendly Potatoes are one of the cheapest produce items you can buy! Theyre hearty, filling and perfect for a budget friendly meal.
- Healthy comfort food: Most potato soup recipes are loaded with heavy cream and fat. This soup recipe has all of the flavor while actually being made with good for you ingredients!
Also Check: Crock Pot Potato Soup Shredded Hash Browns
Best Instant Pot Potato Soup Recipe
The Best Instant Pot Potato Soup Recipe that is full of loaded baked potato flavor! Easy to make in the pressure cooker in under 30 minutes. Easily made dairy free, vegan, paleo and Whole30 friendly!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliatelinks.
Instant Pot Potato Soup is one of the best, easiest soups to make! Rich and creamy with lots of flavor its the perfect canvas for lots of toppings or for dunking a big piece of crusty bread!
This loaded baked potato soup is easily made in your pressure cooker in under 30 minutes. It takes under 10 minutes of prep time and is SO easy to make.
Instant Pot Creamy Potato Soup
Published: by Susie Weinrich · This post may contain affiliate links.
This post contains affiliate links.
If you are looking for one of the best Instant Pot soup recipes, then keep reading . This Instant Pot Potato Soup is made in a flash in your pressure cooker and it is full of flavor. It has a thick and creamy broth combined with tender chunks of potatoes.
This potato soup recipe is made without using cream cheese. Instead, I thicken it with a combo of Greek yogurt and instant potato flakes. You could also sub sour cream for the Greek yogurt. I just like using the yogurt to make this potato soup a little healthier.
Also Check: Where Is Onion Soup Mix In Walmart
How To Make Instant Pot Potato Soup
The flavors of this soup arent so different from baked potato soup, but the cooking method is.
Voila! Dinners ready! Top it with bacon, cheese, onions whatever you like!
Have Questions We Have Answers
How Do You Use The Soup On The Instant Pot?
The soup button is supposed to help control the temperature so that it isnt boiling too much, but I rarely use it. You can skip using the soup button on the instant pot and instead just go for the manual pressure button
How Do You Thicken Potato Soup with Instant Potatoes?
We wouldnt recommend thickening potato soup with instant potatoes. It could give the soup an odd flavor. Instead add flour to thicken the osup
Can I Steam Potatoes In the Instant Pot?
You can use the instant pot to steam potatoes, but its not necessary for this recipe!
You May Like: Soup Nation Menu
Tips For Making Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup:
- I use yellow/gold potatoes in this soup but others can be substituted: russet or red potatoes work as well.
- Freshly shredded cheese is best since it melts better. But pre-shedded cheese will work too!
- I like to use a mild cheddar in this recipe but you can use sharp or medium if you would like a more potent flavor.
- A potato masher is used to mash up the potatoes. You can choose how chunky or creamy you like this. For a super smooth soup, you can also use an immersion blender.
- If you find the soup came out too thin, it’s an easy fix. Just make a slurry of cornstarch and water and stir it in. Turn the pot on the sauté setting. It will begin to thicken. Stir often.
- Store bought packaged bacon pieces work well in a pinch.
Easy Instant Pot Potato Soup
Instant Pot recipes dont get any easier! This easy Instant Pot potato soup uses frozen hash brown potatoes to help get this soup cooking even quicker!
This post contains affiliate links, which help keep this blog running at absolutely no cost to you!
Happy fall yall!
Ive been ready for fall for a few weeks now. I just need Mother Nature to get it together! Our high was nearly 90 degrees today, and Im over it!
One of the nice things about Hawaii, was that the temperature typically hovered between 75 and 85 year-round! There was maybe a week or two at the end of summer where it was unbearable to go outside. I feel like its been like that for the last three months in Kentucky!
Anyway, Ive been patiently waiting since spring to share this instant pot potato soup recipe since spring! Its definitely a hearty recipe geared toward cooler weather, but I eat it all year! I started making this soup back in Hawaii in the crock pot. When we moved to Kentucky and spent a month and a half living in a hotel, I adjusted the recipe to be able to quickly make it from our hotel room.
Although our hotel room on Fort Knox had a small kitchenette, there werent any cooking utensils or pots/pans, etc. I didnt want to buy any of that stuff, since we have plenty in our household goods. I didnt have an Instant Pot yet though, and since it had been sitting in my Amazon cart, it only made sense to click order.
Oh, and shout out to the IP geniuses who included cooking utensils in the box!
Read Also: Tomato Soup Sloppy Joes
Fast Mashed Potato Soup
You won’t recognize the leftover mashed potatoes in this excellent tasting soup from Dorothy Bateman of Carver, Massachusetts. “Topped with chives, it’s especially good on chilly fall evenings, she notes.
Provided by Taste of Home
|1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes|
|1/2 teaspoon salt, optional|
|1/8 teaspoon celery salt, optional|
|1/8 teaspoon pepper|
|1 tablespoon minced chives|
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the milk, potatoes, salt and celery salt if desired and pepper heat through. , Sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192 calories, Fat 6g fat , Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 401mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate , Protein 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
Tips For Best Pressure Cooker Potato Soup Results
Top Tip: DO NOT over blend your soup.Doing this will very quickly cause the potatoes to release too much starch and when blended with the liquid will become gluey.
- Soup will thicken as it cools. If its too thick, add a touch more milk, broth, or water until desired consistency is reached.
- Use freshly grated cheese for the toppings. It not only tastes better but melts better and is just generally healthier. Using pre-shredded cheese comes with additives that you dont need in a healthy soup!
- If you make your bacon while your soup is cooking, you can still save the grease! Its a great flavourful alternative to butter and oil when used in cooking.
Read Also: Anderson Split Pea Hotel
Roasted Garlic And Parmesan Potato Soup With Peppers Carrots And Pesto
A packet of Idahoan® Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Baby Reds Mashed Potatoes is a wonderful starter for a comforting bowl of chunky, vegetable-centric soup. Chicken stock makes the flavor more complex and the caramelized vegetables add nutrition and depth. We carry the Parmesan theme through to the end with grated cheese. A colorful dollop of pesto seals the deal on this lunch or dinner meal thats ready in under 30 minutes.
The Best Potato Soup Recipe
You could add all sorts of things to this soup if youd like, but I recommend starting with this simple, basic recipe and go from there. Most times, we would rather stick with this version than add a lot of other ingredients, like leeks, onions, and what not.
Ya know, simple really is best most of the time, isnt it?
Also Check: Is Knorr Vegetable Dip Gluten Free
Instant Mashed Potato Soup
Make and share this Instant Mashed Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by AbsurdBookNerd
|1 1/3 cups instant mashed potatoes|
|1 1/2 teaspoons salt|
- In a saucepan, saute the green onion & garlic in butter over medium low heat.
- Add milk, salt, pepper and instant potato flakes.
- Heat to almost boiling, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
Using Your Instant Pot
The Instant Pot pressure cooker makes it so easy to make a one skillet meal. Its not necessarily faster for me than making things on the stovetop. But, its so much easier!
Throw everything in the Instant Pot, give it a stir and then set it. You dont need to come back and check it. You simply let it cook.
Here is the Instant Pot we have. Mom bought it at least three years ago. There are more options now, even in pretty colors and patterns, but weve got our ole faithful Instant Pot and its working like a champ.
If you dont have an Instant Pot, have a look at this 6-Quart Instant Pot which we use. Weve had it for several years and it still works great.
Also Check: Lipton Soup Pot Roast Recipe
Easy Broccoli Potato Soup
- 1-1/4 cups Hungry Jack® Mashed Potato Flakes
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups frozen cut broccoli
- 2-1/2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley
Quick Potato Soup Recipe With Bacon And Cheddar
by Mindi Cherry
I love a good potato soup and while my go-to recipe is this my go-to recipe is always my easy potato soup recipe, it does take 8 hours in the crockpot to cook and sometimes I want something that I can whip up quickly and next to my Crockpot tomato soup recipe, this is one of my favorite easy soup recipes!
I am not usually a fan of instant potatoes, but I can often get them for just pennies just by following the deals at the grocery stores and using coupons, so I will usually keep a few of these packets on hand just for making this quick potato soup recipe!
This soup is hearty enough to serve as a meal all on its own
To make it, you will need:
- 1 box or 2 Envelopes Betty Crocker Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 2 cans Evaporated Milk
- 1 can Chicken Broth
- 6 slices Bacon
- 8 oz Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 medium Onion diced
- up to 1 cup milk
Recommended Reading: Aldi Chicken Broth
Pat’s Cream Of Potato Soup
A wonderful potato soup. You can add a variety of items to this recipe. What ever you have in your kitchen. If desired, mash the sliced potatoes for a creamier texture.
Provided by Pat Keene
|½ cup instant mashed potato flakes|
|1 cup half-and-half|
- Saute bacon and onions, in a medium saute pan, until browned. Set aside.
- Over low heat, in a medium sauce pan, cook flour until pasty. Slowly add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in bacon and onion mixture, potatoes, and instant potatoes. Simmer for 30 minutes and then blend in half and half. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 306.6 calories, Carbohydrate 34.3 g, Cholesterol 25.5 mg, Fat 14.2 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 10.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.7 g, Sodium 772.7 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
How To Store Potato Soup:
How long does this healthy potato soup last? This soup will last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Can potato soup be frozen? Yes it can, but I dont recommend it. Potatoes can get grainy when frozen.
If you would like to freeze this soup: store your potato soup in plastic containers or we love these ZipTop bags.
When youre ready to eat the soup you can let the soup defrost over night in the refrigerator, or take out of the refrigerator and heat directly over the stove/in the microwave.
Can potato soup be canned? I have not tried canning this soup so I cant be sure. Check out this post and do your own research on whether canning this soup is safe.
Don’t Miss: Lipton’s Onion Soup Meatloaf
Instant Potato Soup Mix
I started making this instant potato soup mix to take camping. It makes for a great filling soup perfect instant lunch with a sandwich. Since the mix doesnt need refrigeration and you just add hot water to make the soup, its perfect to take camping or keep at your desk at work.
These days, I have a jar of this sitting in the pantry at all times. It makes a great instant snack or lunch or even a light dinner with some cheese toast or the likes.
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups powdered milk
- 2 tbsp instant chicken or vegetable bouillon
- 2 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
More About Potato Soup Using Instant Potatoes Recipes
INSTANT POT POTATO SOUP RECIPE – THE RECIPE REBEL
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute and add the oil. Add the onions and cook, stirring often, until starting to brown.
- Add the salt, garlic, parsley, thyme and pepper. Stir and cook one minute. Turn the Instant Pot off, and add the broth, scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon to remove any browned bits.
- Add carrots and celery. Put the lid on, turn the valve to sealing and select Manual, high pressure, for 3 minutes.
BEST INSTANT POT POTATO SOUP RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE
- Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
INSTANT POTATO-CHEESE SOUP RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
14 WAYS TO USE INSTANT MASHED POTATOES |
FromEstimated Reading Time
10 BEST POTATO SOUP WITH INSTANT MASHED
10 BEST POTATO SOUP WITH INSTANT POTATOES
EASY INSTANT POT POTATO SOUP – THREE LITTLE FERNS – FAMILY …
LOADED INSTANT POTATO SOUP – CINCYSHOPPER
FromServingsEstimated Reading Time
- Start by chopping the bacon into small and cook in a pot large enough to cook the soup .
- Reduce heat, add evaporated milk and stir in potatoes. Add shredded cheese and continue to stir. If the consistency is too thick, you can add milk to thin it to the thickness you prefer.
Also Check: Does Lipton Onion Soup Mix Go Bad