Rotel & Ranch Taco Soup
Make and share this Rotel & Ranch Taco Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ddunn
|1 lb lean ground beef|
|1 package taco seasoning mix|
|1 package ranch dressing mix|
|1 can pinto beans, undrained|
|1 can yellow hominy, undrained|
|1 can cream-style corn|
|2 cans Rotel Tomatoes, undrained|
- Brown hamburger meat then drain.
- Add taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix, mix thoroughly.
- Then add hominy, pinto beans, cream corn and Rotel tomatoes, stir together.
- Simmer over low heat till bubbly.
- Serve with tortilla chips and cheddar cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 541.7, Fat 13.5, SaturatedFat 5, Cholesterol 73.7, Sodium 1887.4, Carbohydrate 72.3, Fiber 15.1, Sugar 5.5, Protein 36.6
How Much Tvp Is Equal To A Pound Of Ground Beef
For recipes that call for 1 pound of ground beef, the equivalent amount of dried Textured Vegetable Protein would be 1 cup. Once the TVP is rehydrated with an equal amount of liquid , the grains swell and increase in volume.
- 1 cup dry Textured Vegetable Protein
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15-ounce can red beans or pinto beans, drained and rinsed thoroughly with cold water
- 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed thoroughly with cold water
- 28-ounce can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1½ cups water
Taco Soup With Ranch Packet
Ground beef or turkey · 1/2 yellow onion, chopped · 15 oz. Taco seasoning packet · 1 oz. Add beef broth and stir. A packet of hidden valley ranch dressing mix , and a . Add crushed tomatoes, pinto beans, water, corn, black beans, diced tomatoes and green chiles, black olives, ranch dressing, and taco seasoning.
Recommended Reading: Campbell’s Tomato Soup Sloppy Joe Recipe
How To Make Bea’s Taco Soup
- 1Brown ground beef & onions & drain. Mix the dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix & Taco Seasoning Mix with meat. Add all other ingredients.
- 2At this point you can transfer to a crockpot and cook on high for a couple of hours or so or on low for several hours. OR…you can leave on stove top, bring to a boil then cook on medium-low for a couple of hours.
- 3TOPPINGS: serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, black olives, Tostitos, nacho chips or Fritos on top.
- 4*Sometimes I use creamed corn and this works very well. I have also used frozen corn but I do add about 1/2 cup water. Also, I use my own frozen tomatoes . This is a recipe you can play around with.
- 5CHECK OUT JOYCE NEWMAN’S HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING:https://www.justapinch.com/recipe/joyce-newman/taco-seasoning/quick-easy-healthy-chicken?page=1#comment573920
- Last Step: Don’t forget to share! Make all your friends drool by posting a picture of your finished recipe on your favorite social network. And don’t forget to tag Just A Pinch and include #justapinchrecipes so we can see it too!
What To Serve With Taco Soup
With taco soup, the possibilities are endless. But, when youre serving this recipe to guests, not everybody has the same preferences. So I suggest you lay out a tray of toppings so your friends can choose their favorites.
Plus, its a lot more fun!
Here are some of the best toppings for taco soup:
- Shredded cheese. Cheddar is great, but for a change, why not try Cotija? This Mexican cheese has a strong flavor and is super salty. It doesnt melt and is great at adding flavor to any soup.
- Avocado. For that creamy, buttery flavor. Plus, its a great source of protein, fiber, vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids, and all that jazz.
- Chips. People often use corn chips, but flour tortillas or Frito chips taste amazing with taco soup, too.
- Sour cream. Or Greek yogurt. Or Crema Mexicana. Or whatever type of fermented milk you like!
- Chopped cilantro and green onion. This duo is full of flavor and will bring your taco soup to the next level. For that extra kick, add some slices of fresh or pickled jalapenos as well!
- Guacamole. Its an even better topping than plain avocado! Just add tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, salt, and jalapeno to your avocado and youll have a tasty Mexican dip.
If you have a group of hungry guests, serve your soup with Mexican rice! Theyll leave your house with full tummies and grateful hearts.
You May Like: Campbell’s Chunky Soup Walmart
Taco Soup Recipe Without Ranch Dressing
Years ago I used to make a taco soup that contained hamburger, taco seasoning, tomatoes, and Velveeta. I can’t remember the rest of the ingredients, or the directions. I do know it contained “no” Ranch dressing. I can’t stand Ranch dressing! All of the recipes I have found on-line contain Ranch dressing. If anyone has the recipe or something similar I would appreciate it. Thanks.
By from Denton, TX
Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Paula Deen has an excellent Taco Soup recipe you can try and just ditch the ranch dressing mix if you must. Personally, I think you should try using the dressing mix because the soup is not going to taste like ranch dressing at all because of the other ingredients in the recipe and the ranch dressing packet is used for the herbs and spices it contains as a flavor enhancement for the soup .
Here is one that I got off the internet but don’t know where.
1 large can refried beans1 can black beans, drained1 can rotell tomatoes1 small can green chilies1 small onion, diced1 small can of cornspices to taste
Garnish with sour cream, grated cheddar chees, chips and black olives. You can add either cooked beef or chicken.
I have a great soup that is similar but made with chicken:2 chicken skinless breast 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
How To Make Easy Taco Soup
Are you ready for the instructions?
Dump all the ingredients in a pot. Dont even drain your cans, just dump it all.
Add a cup and a half of water and stir.
Bring it to a boil then lower the heat and simmer for fifteen minutes. Serve!
I like to eat mine with sour cream and cheese.You can use your favorite add-ins or just eat it on its own.This soup is delicious!!!
Don’t Miss: Potato Soup With Frozen Hash Browns
Serving Suggestions For Chicken Taco Soup
Serve this soup in these pretty bowls or these with your favorite fixings. The fixings that you put on top of this soup will take the flavor to the next level! You can garnish this flavorful taco soup with whatever you like. Personally, I like shredded cheddar cheese, hot sauce, and tortilla chips on top of my soup. You can also just dip some warm and crusty ciabatta bread, or a slice of cornbread right into it. Delicious!
Load it up! Here are some suggested toppings for your taco soup:
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Add taco seasoning.
- Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Add the carton of chicken broth and stir. Bring to a simmer.
- Place lid on pan and simmer on low heat for 25 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
I cant wait for you to make this taco soup. If you are not big on spicy food, dont worry, the fire-roasted tomatoes arent very spicy but they do add wonderful flavor.
You are gonna love this recipe so much that it will make it into your regular meal rotation.
More Recipes to try:
The Most Delicious Rewards Program On The Planet
Its easy to earn rewards: Just keep doing what youre doing checking out recipes, reviewing them and sharing.
- Top Recipes
Hidden Valley Ranch is committed to making its website accessible for all users, and will continue to take all steps necessary to ensure compliance with applicable laws.
If you have difficulty accessing any content, feature or functionality on our website or on our other electronic platforms, please call us at 1-877-853-7262 so that we can provide you access through an alternative method.
Learn how ranch love conquered the world.
Recommended Reading: Campbell Rice Recipes
How To Store Taco Soup
Taco soup will last for about one week in the fridge, though you can also freeze it! Store in individual portions in an airtight container or freezer-safe baggie. When ready to eat, simply reheat in the microwave or on the stove.
Easy Crockpot Taco Soup Recipe
If you love Taco Tuesday youll love this easy Crockpot taco soup! Its perfect for busy weeknights when you want something quick, hearty, and healthy.
This recipe is packed with flavor that the entire family will enjoy. Even my picky eaters enjoy a warm bowl of easy peasy taco soup.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
Top it off with cheese, cream cheese, and tortilla strips, and youll have classic comfort food.
Read Also: Solvang Split Pea Soup
How To Make Taco Soup
This taco soup is bursting with so much flavor that you might think its complicated to make. But its not. Especially when you make it in the slow cooker.
Heres how easy it is to whip up this savory comfort food:
- Brown your meat until its cooked all the way through then drain out the liquid.
- Place remaining ingredients in the crock-pot: beans, chilies, tomatoes, corn, seasoning, all of it. Note: Do not drain the cans! We want all those flavors to meld and marry in the crock-pot.
- Mix the ingredients well and cook for 2 hours on high or 4 to 6 hours on low.
- Garnish with your desired toppings .
Taco Soup With Ranch Dressing
Taco Soup with Ranch Dressing is about the easiest soup you can make. Ground Beef, 5 cans of beans and vegetables and a flavorful tomato broth. Youve got the easiest soup recipe ever. And its flat out delicious. Be ready to share the recipe because theyll ask.
This past week, I needed a dinner that would be ready in a jif, and I mean a New York minute jif. And if I couldnt come up with something that was quick, I knew Id find myself at our local Oriental takeout place $40 plus lighter. Enter Easy Taco Soup.
Working late, God Daughter Stephanie scheduled for dinner, Monday night Footaball kickoff at 6:30.Good ol Easy Taco Soup to the rescue.
Read Also: Red Potatoes And Lipton Onion Soup Mix
A Packet Of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix And A
Add corn, beans, rotel, diced tomatoes, ranch seasoning, and taco seasoning. Can whole kernel corn, drained · 1.25 oz. Stir in the ranch dressing and taco seasoning packets. Add beef broth and stir. Add crushed tomatoes, pinto beans, water, corn, black beans, diced tomatoes and green chiles, black olives, ranch dressing, and taco seasoning. Taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix give the soup its superb flavor, so you don’t have to have a dozen individual spices on hand. Cook and stir another minute. Instructions · brown the ground beef and chopped onion in a large pot until beef is no longer pink . The best taco soup ranch dressing mix recipes on yummly | taco soup, taco soup, taco soup. Add the in drained diced tomatoes, rotel tomatoes, and green chilies . Taco seasoning packet · 1 oz. Ingredients include ground beef, kidney beans and a packet of ranch mix. A packet of hidden valley ranch dressing mix , and a .
Taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix give the soup its superb flavor, so you don’t have to have a dozen individual spices on hand. Ingredients · ground turkey · taco seasoning · ranch dressing/dip mix · chicken broth · minced onion · canned hominy or corn . The best taco soup ranch dressing mix recipes on yummly | taco soup, taco soup, taco soup. Add corn, beans, rotel, diced tomatoes, ranch seasoning, and taco seasoning.
How To Make Chicken Taco Soupwith Ranch
This taco soup is a healthier version because the recipe calls for ground white chicken instead of ground beef and it is loaded with beans and vegetables. For tons of flavor, I use Mexican style corn in a can, black beans, diced/fire-roasted tomatoes, and onions. You can certainly customize it with any vegetables that you like.
Using ground white chicken instead of having to cook and shred chicken breasts makes this soup a super quick recipe to pull together. All you have to do is place the ground chicken in your dutch oven straight from the package and stir until the chicken is no longer pink. Then add the rest of the ingredients including the taco seasoning and the Hidden Valley dry ranch seasoning. The ranch is an important ingredient. I cant describe what it adds to the soups overall taste. All I can say is that its simply delicious with the ranch.
Become a VIP Subscriber + Get instant access to the With access, you will be able to download and print all of my FREE pretty printables! As a subscriber, you will also receive the latest blog posts, newsletters, recipes, and more sent directly to your inbox! Click the button below to get access to the FREE Printables.
The Ingredients For Taco Soup:
serves 8 to 10 as a full meal, but can get stretched to feed 16 or so if served over rice or chips
- 1 pound browned ground turkey or hamburger
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cans of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans of corn
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomatoes and chiles
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- shredded cheese and sour cream for embellishment
What Is Textured Vegetable Protein
Textured Vegetable Protein is a dried soy product that looks like bulgur wheat, except the individual protein grains of TVP have a more ragged and crunchy appearance . TVP is convenient because you can keep it in the cupboard and bring it out when needed. You dont have to refrigerate it or defrost it before using. TVP can be rehydrated easily with water or your favorite broth, generally in a 1:1 ratio: 1 cup of TVP to 1 cup of liquid.
TVP and Bulgur Wheat look similar, but TVP has a crunchier texture and more jagged appearance.
You May Like: Lipton Onion Soup Pot Roast
Recipe For Taco Soup With Ranch Dressing
I hope you give this Easy Taco Soup recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite taco soup recipe, let me know, Id love to give it a try.
Tip: to make this Easy Taco Soup even more delicious, always keep a supply of Homemade Taco Seasoning on hand. Youll be glad you did.
Slow Cooker Taco Soup With Ranch Dressing Mix
This is a really good soup that tastes just like tacos. In fact, if you omit the tomato juice it makes a good meat for tacos. It can also be prepared in a pot instead of a slow cooker. Serve with shredded cheese and chips if desired.
Provided by MICHMEIG
|1 package taco seasoning mix|
|1 package ranch dressing mix|
|1 can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained|
|1 can corn, undrained|
|1 can black beans, undrained|
|1 can sliced black olives|
|1 onion, diced|
|1 green bell pepper, diced|
|1 cup tomato juice|
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat cook and stir beef until crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Transfer beef to a slow cooker and sprinkle with the taco seasoning mix and ranch dressing mix.
- Add the diced tomatoes and green chiles, corn, and black beans, all with their liquid, to the slow cooker. Stir the black olives, onion, bell pepper, and tomato juice into the ground beef mixture. Cook on Low until the vegetables are completely tender, about 5 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298.9 calories, Carbohydrate 32.2 g, Cholesterol 34.4 mg, Fat 13 g, Fiber 7.6 g, Protein 15.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 1714.5 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
Also Check: Cambells Chicken And Rice Casserole
How To Make Taco Soup With Ranch
In your soup pot cook the ground beef and chopped onion until no longer pink. Drain the ground beef and return to the pot. Stir in the tacos seasoning until well blended.
Next, add the remaining ingredients and stir them together. Bring soup to a boil and then reduce heat and bring the taco soup to a simmer.
Simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
Serve with the garnishes listed below.