Pros And Cons Of The Cabbage Soup Diet
Dietitian Jasmine Carbon points out cabbages nutritional benefits:
Cabbage is a great source of fibre essential for gut flora and bowel health, she says. Eating a portion of cabbage would count towards your 5 portions of fruit and veg a day.
However, it should be eaten as part of a balanced diet. This is not a diet I would recommend anyone to follow, she adds.
Jasmine is concerned with how restrictive the cabbage soup diet plan is, which in turn could affect your body both physically and mentally:
If done for a number of days the person could miss out on vital calories, protein, vitamins and minerals essential for the body to function and to allow you to carry out your day-to-day tasks.
Mina agrees that the diets focus can wreak havoc with your blood sugar levels. Leaving individuals feeling faint or weak and is particularly dangerous for those with diabetes.
The cabbage soup diet also has a reputation for leaving you full of wind . This is because cabbage is high in fibre and can cause some digestive issues for those who arent used to consuming high quantities of fibre.
Expect to experience some gastro-intestinal discomfort such as bloating, gas build up, nausea and flatulence, adds Jasmine. Diarrhoea is another common side-effect of the cabbage soup diet plan.
Whilst weight loss can be expected , its worth noting that those who follow the cabbage soup diet will put the weight back on when they come off it.
Other Weight Watchers Soup Recipes
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Visit this page to see what that means.
How To Make Weight Watchers Freestyle 0 Point Corn Lentil Chowder
1 Cup of Red Onion, Diced
1 Tablespoon Sweet Curry Powder
1/2 Teaspoons of Turmeric
1 Tablespoon of Ground Ginger
3 Cups of Frozen Corn
1.5 Cups of Dry Green or Yellow Lentils, Rinsed
Salt + Pepper to Taste
Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt, Optional
4 Green Onions, Sliced Lengthwise, Optional
How Many Calories Should I Be Eating On The Keto Soup Diet
Keep your calories between 1200-1400 per day, and your carbs under 20g no nuts, dairy or artificial sweeteners is non-negotiable if youre trying to follow this specific plan.
Im including a daily snack, though if you find you dont need it then dont force yourself but because the soup is low in calories, you will likely need the snack to get through the day. You can have this snack between breakfast and lunch, or lunch and dinner depending on your preference and schedule. Or not at all again thats up to you. Feel free to mix and match the snacks or eat the same thing every day if thats easier for you.
On a side note, you can substitute an extra bulletproof coffee or tea for the snack the calories will be around the same!
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
362 People Used
WEIGHT LOSS SOUP! BUTTERNUT SQUASH
EASY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE – WEIGHT LOSS SOUP…
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP – Vegan Soup Recipe for…
Butternut Squash chunky curry soup ~weight loss recipe…
Butternut squash soup/Pumking soup recipe/soup for…
Don’t Miss: Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole Campbells
Can I Do The Keto Soup Diet If I Am A Vegetarian
Yes! While the keto soup diet plan is more limiting without meat, it can absolutely be tailored to be vegetarian.
If you are fine with seafood you can substitute fish or shrimp in the soup.
If you dont eat any animal flesh, you can simply omit the chicken, OR replace it with tofu or another non meat protein of your choice. If you are fine with eggs then simply increase the eggs to 3, omit the bacon from your breakfast, and eat an entire avocado.
Instead of tuna salad, have egg salad for all of the snacks.
Can I Exercise On The Cabbage Diet Soup
Exercise is not recommended while on the diet, especially moderate to high-level. Why? Because this is a low-calorie diet one that can leave you weak even without exercising. Youll likely get around 1,000 calories or less a day which is about half of the 2,000 daily calories that most adults should get.
Read Also: Campbell’s Chunky Soup Walmart
The Chicken Soup Diet
The weight loss chicken soup diet recipe is perhaps one of the easiest and also most delicious magic weight loss soup recipes out there.
It is an extremely low-calorie soup that is equally healthy. This soup can be prepared with just little cost and without stress at all.
Follow the guide below to prepare one of the best weight loss soup recipe we have.
How to Prepare Chicken Soup
- Add all the ingredients into an instant pot or cooking pot with the exception of the peas and parsley, then boil.
- Slowly simmer and make sure the lid is on for about 90 minutes.
- After, grab 2 forks and then pull the chicken apart to shred the chicken breast.
- Now add in the peas and continue cooking until it is tender.
- You can add in more chicken base if you desire extra flavor.
- Then you can serve yourself with some sprinkled parsley on the top.
Quick Simmer For Success
Add herbs for flavor. Any Mediterranean herb compliments this soup. I used Italian seasoning, but you could try oregano, rosemary, basil, fennel, or marjoram in combination or on their own.
Add beans for vegetarian protein.My home cooked cannellini beans are a perfect protein addition to this soup and makes it even more filling. Feel free to experiment with canned beans too, such as chickpeas, Great Northern, or even navy beans.
Add the raw vegetables and simmer for 30-45 minutes. Next, add the raw vegetables to the pot and simmer until the vegetables are tender and the broth is flavorful. The longer the simmer time, the more the broth will reduce and flavorful the soup will become.
Recommended Reading: Ore Ida Potato Soup Recipe
What Are The Ingredients Of The Diet Cabbage Soup
Although most recipes have bouillon/water and veggies in common, there are different recipes for the diet soup. Our diet cabbage soup is low-fat and has low carb veggies, among other ingredients that are detox and anti-inflammatory, such as spinach, garlic, turmeric, tomatoes, and lemon juice. It is similar to Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup!
Here are the ingredients for the diet cabbage soup that maximizes weight loss while detoxing:
- Olive oil
Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup:
Read Also: Lipton Beefy Onion Soup Mix Ingredients
Vegetarian Weight Watchers Soup
For added salt and depth of flavor, grandmas original Weight Watchers soup recipe called for 5 beef bouillon cubes. Sure its delicious that way, but I wanted to make this soup more vegetarian friendly.
Use vegetable or chicken broth instead of beef bouillon. Make this tomato juice-based soup vegetarian by using vegetable broth, or mostly vegetarian with chicken broth. My homemade chicken broth is my favorite flavor builder. Either way, its an easy and delicious soup recipe that will keep you on track for your healthy eating goals.
Can Cabbage Soup Be Made In An Instant Pot
Combine cabbage, onions, carrots, green beans, and zucchini to an Instant Pot with the garlic, tomato paste, and beef broth. Add the seasonings.
Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturers instructions set timer for 15 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build. Release the pressure using a natural release method.
Recommended Reading: Olive Garden Endless Soup And Salad
Weight Loss Magic Soup Favorite Family Recipe
- 8/5/10 – Cabbage soup diet recipe in crock pot Do you think that would weight at the gym without make with a slow cooker.YepChristmas definitely did a number on me.Uptodate 5 day diet to a week to lose weight.I do a variation of cabbage soup recipe is, I.As easy as my original this based on this soup
- The Fast 800 Calorie Diet explained with recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We’ve got the 5:2 diet and intermittent fasting, but Dr Michael Mosley has now created the Fast 800 Calorie Diet, to help shed up to 11lb in two weeks
Notes & Tips For This Wonder Soup Recipe
- Keep in mind that there is a lot of prep work involved with this soup and it takes a while to cook . This is balanced out by the fact that you can eat this soup over the course of five days, so its almost like youre prepping your food for the week. You can even freeze the soup if you find youre not going to eat it all in time.
- And because this soup will last you five days, this recipe makes enough for five large portions. It might not seem like it in text, but that is a lot of soup. You will need at least a 12 quart stockpot to cook it and a few Tupperware containers to store it in.
- This recipe requires a lot of veggie chopping. If you need tips on how to cut a green pepper, watch this video for a walkthrough. If youve never cut a cabbage before, watch this video on how to do it.
You May Like: Low Sodium French Onion Soup
Weight Watchers Meal Plans
What if someone else gave you a whole plan of what to eat this week? YES!! I love finding great meal plans for Weight Watchers and it is a bonus if they are free, LOL. I try to create meal plans that include recipes real families will eat. Complex recipes with a ton of ingredientsnah. These meal plans can be a great starting off place to save you time in your planning.
Healthy Soup Recipe For Belly Fat Weight Loss Slimming Detox Soup
Skinny Detox Soup: Filled with good-for-you veggies, this is a tasty soup that Weight Loss Soup: This is another Skinny Mom recipe we love!. Sometimes its to kick-start a new weight-loss plan, and other times its Surprisingly, unlike some other detox soups Ive had, this soup is actually comforting and tastes great! . This recipe is part of the 3 Day cleanse & detox. Chicken Detox Soup. A Spicy Perspective. Chicken Ginger Soup. A fast and tasty recipe to kick-start your diet. Get the recipe from A Spicy
You May Like: Broccoli Chicken Rice Casserole Campbells
What Dr Melinda Ratini Says:
Does It Work?
You’ll lose weight, but only in the short run. This is strictly a lose-weight quick scheme.
You’ll likely get less than 1,000 calories a day on the limited menu. That’s far fewer than the 2,000 daily calories recommended for most adults.
Since you’re getting so few calories, the pounds come off quickly, but mostly you’ll lose water weight. And chances are, you’ll gain it all back as soon as you start eating a normal diet again.
Health experts don’t recommend following very low-calorie diets unless you’re under a doctor’s care. A better bet is to aim to lose 1 to 2 pounds each week on a healthy, well-balanced diet.
Is It Good for Certain Conditions?
Because it includes so few carbs, this diet could wreak havoc with any diabetes treatment plan.
Salt is not addressed on the plan, so if you’ve been told to cut back on the sodium, you’ll have to hold back on using the salt shaker and bouillon when making the soup or cooking your food.
The Final Word
Though this diet is fast, cheap, and simple, it’s not easy to stick with. It will likely leave you feeling hungry, weak, and bored. You might even feel sick. And if you follow the Cabbage Soup Diet for more than a week, you could run short on key nutrients.
Does Cabbage Soup Help With Weight Loss
To lose body fat you need to be in a calorie deficit whether or not you track calories or points. This cabbage soup is very low in calories and is a wonderful addition to your diet.
Your body needs other nutrients like proteins, fat, and whole grains to help you feel full and keep you satisfied all day. If all you ate was cabbage soup all day long, youd be starving for the whole entire time, so please eat this soup with other healthy foods!
Also Check: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Can You Make This Diet Soup In A Crock Pot
Yes, you totally can! You can go about it two ways:
1 Brown the onion and green peppers in a skillet first, then add them + the rest of the ingredients to a crock pot. Cook on LOW for 4 hours or on HIGH for 2 hours. I recommend this method because browning the onion and green peppers first adds a nice flavor.
2 Put everything in a crock pot and cook! And just like the first method, you would cook the gm diet soup on LOW for 4 hours or HIGH for 2 hours.
Southwest Chicken Detox Soup Recipe A Spicy Perspective
This soup from A Spicy Perspective is a clean eating soup designed to kickstart weight loss. Loaded with detoxifying ingredients like cabbage, broccoli, avocado, garlic, and turmeric, along with ground cumin and crushed red pepper this Southwest Chicken Detox Soup recipe is as tasty as it is good for you!
Read Also: Lipton Onion Soup Chuck Roast
Detox Soup For Weight Loss: 17 Detox Soup Recipes That Flush The Fat
If youre looking for a way to lose weight, improve your health and digestion, and reset your body, a detox soup cleanse may be right for you.
Now, while detox anything usually makes me cringe, bringing old-school starvation diets to mind, a detox plan containing the right vitamins and nutrients, like the ones in soups, sounds much more palatable and healthy. See, unlike juice cleanses, a detox soup cleanse doesnt deprive you of real food.
Sure, its still a liquid diet, but detox soup is packed with nutritious vegetables and fiber that eliminate preservatives, curb cravings, and give your digestive system a well-deserved vacay.
This post may contain affiliate links that help keep this content free.
Additions Or Substitutions To This Soup
Try other complimentary Mediterranean ingredients in this soup, like:
- Yellow squash, or diced butternut squash
- Celery, kale, or spinach
- Broad beans or other white beans
- Use vegetable, chicken, or beef broth
- Add heat with a pinch of red pepper flakes
- Purple cabbage instead of napa or green cabbage
- Try spicy tomato juice for an extra kick
Do I Just Eat This Weight Loss Soup All Day Every Day
No. You still need to get some calories in to lose weight at a healthy rate. For best results heres what we have found to work:
What Is The 7
OK, so lets talk about the 7-day cabbage soup diet! Its an old diet that has been around for YEARS and revised over and over again. You are likely to find several different versions online. Its a short-term, weight loss eating plan that involves, you guessed it, LOTS OF CABBAGE SOUP!
No worries, my jazzed-up version of the cabbage soup is delicious! Lately, these 7-day diets have become really popular. Even Dr. Oz has one. I first read about it on a blog I stumbled upon and thought Id give it a try. I didnt expect much, though. Now Im hooked!
I NEVER thought Id like this cabbage soup, but its so good!
Don’t Miss: Roasted Red Potatoes With Onion Soup Mix
Tips For Making A Tasty Soup
1. Soup is a great way to eat more vegetables. The Australian Dietary Guideline recommends 5 serves of vegetables a day. Did you know dried or canned legumes including beans and lentils count towards your 5 serves of vegetables a day? So add them to your soup!
2. If blending soup in a food processor or blender, allow it to cool slightly and process it in batches or the steam may build up and explode.
3. Soup will stay hotter for longer if you ladle it into warm bowls. Just fill the bowls with boiling water until youre ready to serve.
4. Swap your lunchtime salads for soup. Simply add some chopped vegetables and canned legumes to a pot of stock to simmer until tender and youll have dish that will keep for several days in the fridge. Then just heat in the microwave, too easy!
5. Soups are an easy dish to make in large batches so double the recipes and freeze leftover soup in portions in the freezer for up to 3 months for those cooler nights when you dont have time to cook.
6. Stock up on soup mixes and dried legumes in the pantry. Using legumes in your soups add protein helping keep you feeling fuller for longer. Soup mixes are generally made up of a combination of dried legumes and grains like peas, lentils, beans and barley.