How To Make Chicken & Rice Soup:
This soup is straightforward to make, and the chicken and rice cook right in the soup, so dishes are pretty minimal. You start by sautéing the mirepoix , then add in the garlic and flour. Chicken broth is then stirred in until the flour dissolves, and then you add the Italian seasoning, rice, and cream. Bring the soup to a boil and let it simmer for 10 minutes. The chicken is added in during the last 7-10 minutes of cooking so it remains tender.
Creamy Chicken And Wild Rice Soup
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is such a rich, hearty and satisfying soup! Its like a chicken noodle soup but it uses a variety of flavorful rice instead of noodles, and its made creamy with a milk and heavy cream based béchamel sauce. Everyone will love it!
Chicken Wild Rice Soup
Chicken Wild Rice Soup is a classic soup recipe, made easy in the crockpot. Unlike many cream-based soups, this slow cooker chicken soup recipe uses NO cream of soups, and its flavor is pure comfort.
What makes this one of the best crock pot recipes for homemade soup from scratch is that your slow cooker does all of the work!
If I were to put my definition of home into a recipe, today it would be creamy chicken and wild rice soup.
- Chicken and wild rice soup is cozy, easy, and familiar.
- It would love nothing more than to hang out with you on the couch all night and watch Netflix.
- Since this is a chicken wild rice soup , I like to think that its on the healthier end of the spectrum.
- The sauce makes the chicken and wild rice soup taste like there is heavy cream in the recipe , BUT its made from flour and low-fat milk.
Recommended Reading: Lipton Onion Soup Hamburgers
How Long Will This Chicken Rice Soup Recipe Keep In The Fridge
Once prepared allow the creamy chicken and rice soup to cool completely. Then, transfer to airtight containers. Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Freeze this soup in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months. I like to store it in individual servings so that I can defrost them one at a time. Reheat this creamy chicken soup on the stove top over medium-low heat with a little extra chicken broth.
Cream Of Chicken And Rice Soup Recipe
Please note: Posts may contain affiliate links or sponsored content.
This cream of chicken and rice soup is a great use of leftover chicken! It is full of vegetables and a secret ingredient that makes this soup rich and flavorful. When you are craving a delicious chicken soup, make this wonderful recipe.
Also Check: Rump Roast Onion Soup Mix
How To Make Creamy Chicken And Rice Soup
All of the ingredients for this soup recipe are easily cooked together in just one heavy soup pot. And you dont even need to cut up the chicken or cook the rice beforehand!
How To Make Creamy Chicken & Rice Soup
Recommended Reading: Chicken Pot Pie With Pillsbury Pie Crust
How To Make Chicken And Wild Rice Soup
How To Make Chicken And Rice Soup
There are only three steps to making this chicken and rice soup creamy, flavorful and delicious.
Pro Tip: This is considered a one pot meal! Youll only need to clean that one dish when your done!
Recommended Reading: Campbell Soup Distribution Center Fayetteville Nc
Easy Creamy Crock Pot Chicken And Rice
May 4, 2015
If you need an easy dinner idea, I have you covered! This Easy Creamy Crock Pot Chicken and Rice inspired from a recipe in Gooseberry Patchs Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites is so easy and so delicious!
Note: We use referral links to products we love.
Aunt Lou here.
Chicken and rice is a dish I had never had until I met Michael. Apparently, everyone else in the world had tried it before, but I had never even heard of it. Weird right?
Well, it is right up my alley since I love chicken, and I love rice. I love Michaels Mamaw and Papaws version, so when I saw this Easy Creamy Crock Pot Chicken and Rice, I knew I wanted to try it.
UPDATED with a video from Aunt Lou and Mikey
How To Make Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Rinse wild rice ahead of time, just as you would regular rice. Although its not actually rice, and youre not rinsing off the same amount of starch, you do want to make sure to rinse of any debris or bit of starch.
- Saute vegetables with spices. Melt butter in a large heavy bottom pot and add onion and garlic to saute. Add veggies and seasoning and continue to saute for 5 more minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients: Chicken, potatoes, wild rice, water, or broth.
- Cook: Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 55 minutes or until rice and potatoes are tender.
- Shred chicken: Place chicken onto plate and shred with 2 forks and set aside.
- Make it creamy: Whisk in the milk and prepared mustard and blend with an immersion blender a bit. Or leave it as is. Add shredded chicken back in as well as a handful of chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Read Also: Campbells Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
How To Make Creamy Chicken And Brown Rice Soup
Step 1: Sear chicken thighs and saute veggies
To begin, dice onion, carrot and celery. Then, mix salt, pepper, dried parsley and garlic powder in a small mixing bowl.
Next, season chicken thighs on all sides with seasoning mixture. Heat ghee or butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Then, add chicken thighs to the pot and sear for 2 minutes each side. Remove the chicken from the pot, add the onion, celery and carrots to the pot and reduce the heat to medium.
Next, saute the veggies for 5 minutes tossing frequently.
Step 2: Boil and simmer soup
Then, add the seared chicken thighs back into the pot along with the chicken broth, coconut milk, brown rice. Increase the heat under the soup to high and bring to a boil.
Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and simmer for 50 minutes.
Step 3: Shred chicken thighs and serve
Then, after 50 minutes, turn the heat off and remove the chicken thighs from the pot. Shred the cooked chicken thighs and return them to the pot.
Finally, allow the soup to cool slightly and serve in small bowls!
Recipe Notes Tips & Troubleshooting:
- You can use already cooked/rotisserie chicken, just be sure to add it in towards the end so it doesn’t overcook.
- Swap the boneless skinless chicken breasts for thighs if you prefer. I would leave them intact and add them in at the same time as the rice. They’re a lot harder to overcook than chicken breasts and become more tender the longer you cook them. Just shred them with 2 forks and add the meat back to the soup once it’s done cooking.
- This is not one of those soups that freezes well due to the cream and rice. If you do need to make it a bit ahead of time, I suggest cooking the rice separately and adding it to each bowl just prior to serving.
- As with any recipe, swap ingredients at your own discretion. There is a chance that substituting the cream with a lower fat alternative will lead to curdling since the soup is cooked at a fairly high heat. I don’t recommend swapping the white rice for brown rice or wild rice because it’ll take much longer to cook. However, if you want to use a different kind of rice, cook it separately and add it into the soup at the end.
This soup is a hearty meal as-is, but you can definitely serve it with a side of crusty bread and/or a salad.
Also Check: Campbells Cheesy Chicken And Rice
How To Make Chicken And Rice Casserole Recipe
In true Well Plated fashion, I made this chicken and rice casserole healthy with a few simple, lightened-up twists.
- Instead of heavy cream, I made the chicken and rice casserole with milk and Greek yogurt. It tastes decadent!
- Its made entirely from scratch. If youre looking for chicken and rice casserole that has cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, or cream of celery soup Im afraid this isnt it. Trust me, homemade is easy and SO much better.
- It lays on the veggies. A bag of frozen mixed vegetables makes quick work of adding healthy servings.
Stovetop Creamy Chicken And Rice
Stovetop Creamy Chicken and Rice Tender chicken and mushroom with creamy rice in an easy one pan dinner. So easy and great for busy nights.
When I was growing up there were a few things that were staples in our house. Chicken and rice casserole was one of them. My mom would mix a can of cream of mushroom soup, milk, rice, and lots of poultry seasoning together. Top with chicken breasts and bake until everything was done. I loved the creamy mushroom rice in that dinner.
But today I am making it even better! Not only is there no canned soup involved, but it is ready in about 25 minutes on the stovetop, and all in just one pan! Plus real mushrooms are involved! There is still the milk to make it creamy and delicious.
This post is sponsored by ADA Mideast. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
I am excited to be sharing this recipe in a partnership with the American Dairy Association. You may remember Yogurt Marinated Pork Kebobs that I shared earlier this year. I am a huge proponent of using real milk and dairy in your life.
Non-dairy alternatives, such as almond and soy, contain many added ingredients, including salt, syrups, thickeners and sugars. Cows milk, on the other hand, is pure and simple. Check the label to compare the added ingredients. This chicken and rice has just a few simple ingredients, and that is what makes it over the top amazing!
You May Like: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Bake
Tips For Best Results
- No wild rice? Unfortunately, white or brown rice do not make good substitutes for this recipe. If thats all you have, make Instant Pot chicken and rice soup instead.
- Cooked chicken. If you have any leftover cooked chicken you can use that instead. Be sure to use broth and not water, as the process of cooking the chicken wont be creating any.
- To make this dairy-free, you can use any nut, oat milk, or coconut milk, but the flavor will change.
- Thickness of soup. This soup will thicken over time. Adding 7 cups of liquid is great if youre wanting thick soup right away. Adding 8-9 cups is great if you plan to consume the soup a couple of hours later as it will have become thicker by then. You can always adjust the day next with more broth.
- Instant Pot tips. This recipe works in a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot. For a 3 quart Instant Pot, cut the recipe ingredients in half but keep the same cook time.
What To Serve With This Soup
Recommended Reading: Never Ending Soup And Salad Olive Garden
How To Make A Freezer Meal
Do you like to plan ahead for busy weeknights or days when you dont feel like cooking? Turn this chicken wild rice soup recipe into a freezer meal and have it ready when you are!
- Instant Pot: In a large Ziploc bag, add all of the ingredients except water, milk, and parsley. Seal and freeze for up to 3 months. Cook from frozen with 7 cups water/broth on High pressure for 25 minutes, wait 10 minutes, and release remaining pressure.
- Slow cooker: In a large Ziploc bag, add all of the ingredients except water, milk, and parsley. Seal and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge for 24 hours and then cook on Low for 10 hours or on High for 6 hours with the recommended amount of water/broth. You can skip cooking the veggies before adding them to the bag. Either way, the soup is going to be delish.
- After cooking: Remove the chicken and shred it with 2 forks. Blend the soup a bit with an immersion blender until desired consistency. Add chicken back in with the parsley. Stir and serve hot.
Check out my full list of healthy freezer meals and prep anywhere from 5, 10, 15 or 20 meals! Im obsessed!
Easy Chicken And Rice Soup
Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup is the perfect soup recipe for those cold winter days! The creamy delicious flavors are so comforting. The chicken and rice make this soup so hearty and filling. Its a great option for dinner on a busy weeknight.
Better yet, its ready in under an hour, so its quick and easy to get on the table. It makes a big pot of soup, so there are usually leftovers. This is a great soup to eat leftovers, the flavors just get better and better!
Recommended Reading: Campbells Chicken And Rice Caserole
Healthy Chicken And Rice Casserole With Homemade Cream Of
Chicken And Rice Cream Of Mushroom Soup. Here are a number of highest rated Chicken And Rice Cream Of Mushroom Soup pictures upon internet. We identified it from trustworthy source. Its submitted by presidency in the best field. We allow this nice of Chicken And Rice Cream Of Mushroom Soup graphic could possibly be the most trending topic afterward we ration it in google pro or facebook.
What Type Of Rice Is Best For Soup
Honestly, any type of rice can be used in soups! Long grain, medium grain, short grain, white, brown, wild, and even risotto rice.
Panera uses a blend of brown and wild rice in their famous chicken and wild rice soup.
For my version, I like to use Carolina® Rices blend of jasmine, red and wild rice. The complex texture of long grain aromatic rice combined with chewy red and wild rice come together to create the most satisfying, flavorsome blend that truly elevates this soup!
The red and wild rice also add color and character to the soup, making it extra hearty.
You May Like: Chef’s Cupboard Creamy Potato Soup Mix