What They Say About This Recipe
This is my favorite too, except I’ve never used the ranch dressing mix! Might have to try that.I originally heard of this soup as Friendship Soup, kinda like Stone soup. When a bunch of women gathered together, each one would bring one part of the ingredients. Two cans of beans, the tomatoes, whatever. The soup can actually be cooked quite quickly on the stove top while the women did whatever they came together to do. Lunch was served pretty quickly and no one person footed the bill for the entire meal.
ginny, we have served it at birthday parties, too.lisa, the ranch gives it a neat tangy twist. I love the idea of making it into a stone soup. the kids make stone soup often at school, but this way would taste a lot better.xox
I have been making this recipe for years but with 2 changes. My recipes calls for adding 3 cups of water . And then also after dishing it up…we break tortilla chips up to throw in our bowls. It adds the last flavor of taco to the whole thing. Love your blog and your sense of humor! …Shelly
This one’s excellent. Made it a bazillion times, myself! It’s always better the next day. Love it!I’ve not tried the ranch though, so next time, I’ll totally do that!
I love this soup and make it quite often, the only thing I do different is I use black beans instead of pinto beans. But it is good either way. Another thing that is good about this recipe – very low fat !
sure! give it a try!xox
Get Three Easy And Delicious Free Recipes Every Week
This Weight Watchers Taco Soup recipe is going to keep you warm and losing weight this winter! I was able to keep the points down by using all your favorite ingredients but also a few key swaps. This easy Taco Soup recipe also has some extra zip from a packet of ranch seasoning!
I revisited some traditional Taco Soup recipes and then made swaps like reducing the beans to half a can, using 3/4 lb of ground turkey instead of a full pound of ground beef and topped it with nonfat Greek yogurt. Those healthy swaps gave me the room to add a few crunchy tortilla strips!
Smartpoints Value Per Serving
As I am sure that you are aware, Weight Watchers changed their program at the end of 2019. It now includes 3 individual plans, giving anyone following the WW program lots of choice about how they can use their SmartPoint allocation.
Using the official WW recipe builder I have worked out the SmartPoints for ¼ cup of this Ranch Dip for each of the plans.
- Old Freestyle plan – 0 SmartPoints per ¼ cup serving
- Blue plan – 0 SmartPoints per ¼ cup serving
- Green plan – 1 SmartPoint per ¼ cup serving
- Purple plan – 0 SmartPoints per ¼ cup serving
Also Check: Chef’s Cupboard Creamy Potato Soup Mix
How Do You Make Weight Watchers Taco Soup
- Heat a pasta pot to medium high and add 1/4 cup water, ground turkey, onion and bell pepper
- Brown turkey mixture to cook through
- Once cooked through, add taco and ranch seasonings and stir
- Add tomatoes, corn, chiles and beans Do not drain tomatoes or beans!
- Side note on the green chiles I am not a big spice fan and used 1/2 small can and its on the spicy side. Next time I would just use 1 spoonful instead.
What Mix Should I Use
I use Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Mix. It works out at 2 SmartPoints if you use 20g .
There are other ranch dressing mixes available but I have only ever used the Hidden Valley brand for my zero point ranch dip recipe.
I believe that Uncle Dan’s Original Sourthern Classic Ranch Dressing Mix is also a good option, but I’ve not worked out the SmartPoints values for that brand.
Most mixes suggest combining the seasoning with buttermilk or mayo or a mix of both to make dip. But that would be heavy on SmartPoints!
So I use 0% Greek yogurt instead to make the dip much more Weight Watchers friendly.
You could also use 0% plain natural yogurt if you don’t like Greek yogurt but this may change the SmartPoint values slightly if you are following the Green plan.
Recommended Reading: Chicken And Rice With Lipton Soup Mix
More About Weight Watchers Taco Soup Recipes
ZERO POINT WEIGHT WATCHERS VEGETABLE SOUP – SLENDER KITCHEN
- Add the onion, celery, carrots, and garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the onion begins to become translucent. If veggies begin to burn at all, add a few tablespoons of water or broth.
- Add the cabbage, green beans, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and bay leaves. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, canned tomatoes, and tomato paste. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes until the cabbage is just tender.
ZERO POINT WEIGHT WATCHERS TACO SOUP – SLENDER KITCHEN
- Slow Cooker Option: Add everything to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours . Remove the chicken and shred or chop.
- Stovetop: Add a touch of olive to a large soup pot. Cook the onions for 6-8 minutes until tender. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes. To keep the chicken as tender as possible, I like to remove it after 12-15 minutes when it is cooked through. Then I shred or chop it and add it back to the soup before serving.
EASY TACO SOUP RECIPE | WEIGHT WATCHERS FRIENDLY RECIPES
WEIGHT WATCHERS SLOW COOKER TACO SOUP – RECIPE DIARIES
10 BEST WEIGHT WATCHERS TACO SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST WEIGHT WATCHERS TACO RECIPES | YUMMLY
TACO SOUP RECIPE FOR SLOW COOKER OR STOVE TOP | SIMPLE …
Zero Point Weight Watchers Taco Soup
Our weight watchers taco soup recipe has ingredients like ground turkey or lean beef, tomatoes, onion, whole kernel corn, beans and many more healthy veggies. This weight watchers soup recipe takes like 50 mins in preparation.
Calories per serving of Weight Watchers Taco Soup. 53 calories of Turkey, Ground turkey, 93% lean, 40 calories of Beans, pinto, 22 calories of Stewed Tomatoes, 8 calories of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning, 7 calories of Bush’s Chili Beans,
Zero Point Weight Watchers Vegetable Soup is one of those recipes that has been around forever. Packed with veggies, this soup is healthy, delicious, and the perfect thing to have around when hunger strikes. It’s a favorite Weight Watchers soup along with this Weight Watchers Taco Soup and WW Cabbage Soup.
Zero Point Weight Watchers Taco Soup Slender Kitchen. diced tomatoes with green chilies, onion, canned corn, canned black beans and 5 more. 5. Weight Watchers Zero Point Asian Soup uncle Jerry’s Kitchen. vegetable broth, scallions, fresh ginger root, napa cabbage, bok choy and 10 more. 6.
Also Check: Campbells Soup Chicken Bake
The Ingredients For Taco Soup:
serves 8 to 10 as a full meal, but can get stretched to feed 16 or so if served over rice or chips
- 1 pound browned ground turkey or hamburger
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cans of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans of corn
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomatoes and chiles
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- shredded cheese and sour cream for embellishment
Weight Watchers Taco Soup Recipe
Weight Watchers Taco Soup
- 75 minutes to make
- Serves 12
Easy & a great cold weather dish! Can be served with low-fat cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, or some broken Taco shells on top.
- Feel free to use any of the below tags. Click one to add it.
- Add items to your shopping list
How to make it
- Brown meat & onions and drain.
- Mix Ranch & Taco seasonings into meat.
- Add rest of ingredients, undrained to mixture.
- Simmer 1 hour.
- 2 Weight Watchers points per cup.
People Who Like This Dish 99
- Plus 89 othersFrom around the world!
Reviews & Comments 16
leelee58 ate it and said…
Recommended Reading: French Onion Soup Roast
Weight Watchers Taco Soup Real Housemoms
Directions. 70. minutes. 1. Brown the meat and onions in a large pot and drain any excess fat. 2. Mix ranch dressing mix and taco seasoning mix into the meat. 3. Without draining, add pinto beans, chili beans, corn, and both cans of stewed tomatoes.
Ingredients. 2lb lean ground beef. 1 medium Onion, diced. 1 packet Ranch Dressing Mix 1 packet Taco Seasoning 1 32 oz. box Swanson Chicken Broth. 14.5 oz. can Tomato Sauce
Zero Point Instant Pot Taco Soup is a zero point Freestyle Weight Watchers recipe. But dont let it fool you, this recipe is loaded with incredible and savory flavor. Instant Pot Taco Soup is a wonderful meal prep recipe for lunches for the week, a quick dinner for the whole family or freeze and meal prep for later on.
This Weight Watchers Taco Soup has zero Freestyle SmartPoints! It can be made in your crockpot or cooked in just thirty minutes on the stovetop with all the flavor of a traditional taco soup, but good for you! Today I would love to chat about those days when you realize its only 4:00 PM and you have already eaten all your points. Ugh.
Slow Cooker Tortellini and Spinach Soup. Weight Watchers Italian Chicken Noodle Soup. Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Chili. Weight Watchers White Chicken Chili. Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup. Big List of Weight Watchers Soup Recipes. Weight Watchers Taco Soup. Weight Watchers Potato Soup.
Weight Watchers Recipes: Taco Soup
Ingredients. This takes 3 cans of petite diced tomatoes, and 1 can of white beans, 1 can of black beans, and 1 can of kkdney beans. You add a pack of taco seasoning, and a pack of Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix. Sometimes I add a can of Rotel for a little more spice!
Brown the the meat and onions and drain. 2. Mix the taco seasoning mix and ranch dressing mix into the meat. 3. Add all the other ingredients, without draining. 4. Simmer for about 1 hour. 5. Serve hot, topped with sour cream, cheese, avocado, raw onions, or nacho chips .
You May Like: Potatoes With Lipton Onion Soup Mix
More About Hidden Valley Ranch Taco Soup Recipes
EASY TACO SOUP, EASIEST SOUP EVER – COOKING ON THE RANCH
FromEstimated Reading Time
- Place a large colander in the sink. Open all cans of beans and corn, place in the colander all at once to drain. In the meantime, chop the onion and garlic. In a large heated fry pan, crumble the ground beef and cook until about half way done. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add in the drained beans and corn, the can of beef broth, the Ranch dressing, taco seasoning and stir well. Add water if the mixture is not soupy enough.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until flavors are blended. Sprinkle with some chopped raw onion and shredded cheese. Serve with corn chips.
TACO SOUP WITH RANCH | HIDDEN VALLEY® RANCH
- In a medium pot set over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add ground beef and sauté, breaking up with a spoon, until browned and cooked through.
- Continue to cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, until the flavors are blended. Serve hot with toppings of choice.
CHICKEN TACO SOUP | HIDDEN VALLEY® RANCH
- In a medium pot set over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, seasoning mix and broth. Break the tomatoes up with a spoon.
- Bring to a simmer. Stir in chicken and continue to cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, until the flavors are blended. Serve hot with toppings of choice.
10 BEST TACO SOUP WITH ROTEL AND RANCH DRESSING RECIPES …
TACO SOUP HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
Weight Watchers Low Fat Taco Soup
I’m told from another chef that this recipe is now 6 points on the New Weight Watchers System…… We still make it regardless of the points….. it’s GREAT 🙂
Provided by MilanzMom
|1 lb ground turkey breast|
|1 large onion|
|1 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix|
|1 package taco seasoning mix|
|1 can pinto beans|
|1 can hot chili beans|
|1 can whole kernel corn|
|1 can stewed tomatoes|
|1 can stewed tomatoes|
- Brown the meat and onions and drain.
- Mix ranch dressing mix and taco seasoning mix into the meat.
- Without draining, add all other ingredients.
- Simmer 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 246.3, Fat 1.4, SaturatedFat 0.3, Cholesterol 28.1, Sodium 756.3, Carbohydrate 40.2, Fiber 8.8, Sugar 5.9, Protein 21
You May Like: Substitute For Onion Soup Mix No Onion Flakes
Weight Watchers 1 Point Taco Soup Recipe
The recipe has been adapted from Weight Watchers and is similar to their zero point taco soup recipe, except for a few ingredients. It will keep your body warm while providing nutrients, all without the extra calories of a regular Mexican chicken tortilla soup recipe.
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup is a Hearty one pot meal filled with chicken, tomatoes, beans, and corn and bursting with mouthwatering flavor.This healthy dish is a true crowd pleaser! I love that I get to make in my favorite appliance, the Instant Pot.. I love soup, and can eat it any time of the year, and its low in points!
Weight Watchers Taco Pie Recipe Diaries. Turkey Taco Salad Meal Planning Mommies. Healthy Oven Baked Turkey Tacos Recipe Diaries. Instant Pot Ground Turkey Tacos Killing Thyme. Ground Turkey Tacos Slender Kitchen. Turkey Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Recipe 20 Minute Meal. Weight Watchers Taco Soup Real Housemoms.
Zero-point weight watchers taco soup is loaded with chicken breasts, cons, beans, tomatoes, and another seasoning. Easy to make and healthy dish that makes you feel happy at any time, thats why I love this weight watchers breakfast recipes so much. Get the recipe here.
Weight Watchers Ranch Veggie Dip Recipe
This Weight Watchers Ranch Vegetable Dip Recipe is great for your next party or game day and I keep it on hand for my regular snacking and to round out meals.
A plate of veggies with this dip keeps me from snacking on junk when I come home from work starving. When I need a zero point meal, I have this dip with vegetables along with a free WW turkey chili or vegetable soup.
Best of all, this recipe is super easy with only 2 ingredients.
Ingredients for this easy Weight Watchers recipe:
- Plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
Weight Watchers Taco Soup
- 1 1/4 packageTaco seasoning mix
- 1 1/4 ounce packageHidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 15 ounce canHot chili beans
- 15 ounce canPinto beans
- 15 ounce canWhole Corn
- 15 ounce canStewed tomatoes any flavor
- 15 ounce canStewed tomatoes Mexican flavor
Brown meat and onions and drain
Mix taco seasoning mix and ranch dressing mix into the meat
Add all other ingredients without draining
Simmer for about one hour
Serve hot topped with cheese raw onions or nacho chips
Arizona Taco Soup Weight Watchers Freestyle Zero Points
Arizona Taco Soup Weight Watchers Freestyle ZERO POINTS!
Enjoy this hearty and healthy Taco Soup made with ground turkey and three different types of beans. It will become a family favorite. Serving = 1 Cup
1 lb 99% Fat Free Ground Turkey1/2 packet Taco Seasoning or more as preferred1 packet Ranch Dressing Mix1 15 oz can Corn1 15 oz can Kidney Beans1 15 oz can Pinto Beans1 15 oz can Black Beans1 4.5 oz can Diced Green Chilies3 10 oz cans Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies If you want some heat, use Original. If not, use Mild.
Add ground turkey, ranch dressing mix and taco seasoning in a dutch oven or other large pot. Brown until turkey is cooked through.
Add the remaining ingredients.
Mix together and cook over medium heat, uncovered for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Prep Time 10 minutesServings 12 cups
Is Taco Soup Healthy
Yes if youre making this recipe! Really its all about the choices you make in regards to the ingredients. Instead of using a whole can of chili beans I use a half can. I used ground turkey instead of ground beef. And theres not a shred of cheese. But I filled that in by adding Greek yogurt, tortilla strips and maybe I even added a little diced avocado.