Recipe: Russian Dressing Chicken
In a medium bowl, mix dressing, preserves and soup mix together well. In a 9x 13 baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, pour dressing mix over raw chicken, sprinkled with garlic salt.
Super easy and yummy! One of the best chicken and rice recipes I have come across yet!
This is the simplest crockpot recipe ever. Great for those busy days or for a kid just learning to cook. Simply adjust the amounts for the size of your family.
This is just simple homemade family cooking.
Read Also: Easy Chicken And Rice Casserole Campbells
Why No Salt Or Sugar
In North America, we eat way too much salt and sugar. The majority of it comes from processed and packaged food. By leaving it out of this mix, you are in control of how much or how little salt or sugar you add to a particular recipe.
Let your taste buds be the guide, not whatever happens to be in the package. Add salt and sugar to taste just before serving.
Recommended Reading: Pillsbury Chicken Pot Pie Recipe With Cream Of Chicken Soup
Quick Tips To Making Your Homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix
Please note that the full list of ingredients and printable recipe below.
- I do like to make a double batch and keep in a quart canning jar with a lid with a good rubber seal.
- About 5 Tbsp or 1/4 cup of this mix is equal to one 1.25 oz pkg. The recipe below makes 2 packets.
- To make this dry mix vegetarian, substitute vegetable bouillon instead of beef.
- Dry onion soup mix can be stored in the pantry for up to 3 months for the best flavor.
Read Also: Tortilla Soup Origin
How Long Does Lipton Onion Soup Mix Last
Lipton Onion soup mix is a great way to get started making homemade onion soup. Its easy to make and lasts well in the fridge. To make a batch of Lipton Onion Soup Mix, combine 1 cup Lipton Onion Soup Mix with 2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to two weeks. What is the Best Way to Freeze Bread Dough? Answer: Freezing bread dough is a good idea if youre planning on baking a lot of bread. This helps prevent yeast from growing stale. Bread dough freezes very well. Simply wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and place it into a freezer bag. Once frozen, remove the dough from the bag and store it in a sealed container in the freezer until ready to bake.
Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Make a larger batch. Easily double or triple the recipe if you find yourself going through each jar quickly.
- Dont forget the soy sauce! Sprinkling this over the seasonings may seem a bit unconventional, but its a small amount and doesnt add much more moisture than the bouillon already has.
- Sugar substitute: I find that this helps balance the stronger flavors, but you can easily omit it or use your favorite artificial sweetener.
- Need a vegetarian version? Simply replace the beef bouillon with vegetable bouillon instead.
- Add celery seed. This spice isnt as commonly used, but it really adds an authentic flavor. Include teaspoon in this recipe and use the extra in rubs and salad dressings!
How To Use ItWhat You Will Need For This Recipe
- Mixing Bowl I like to have a variety of sizes on hand, and this set has them all.
- Beef Bouillon Granules This is my preferred brand. The flavor is phenomenal and it keeps from a long time in the pantry.
- Mason Jar I absolutely love these and use them for storing, prepping, drinking glasses, and especially canning.
Recommended Reading: Onion Roasted Potatoes Lipton Recipe Secrets
Make Sure To Pin This Recipe Or Repin
Inexpensive to make plus you know what is going into your food.
Everyday at 1 pm PST/ 4pm EST Budget Savvy Diva posts a NEW RECIPE I might miss this time every now or then but I know you understand
Make sure to follow Budget Savvy Diva on Facebook
Find Copy Cat Restaurant Recipes HERE
Find Crock Pot Recipes HERE
Find Gluten Free Recipes HERE
Find more Recipes HERE
Dont Miss: Roast Beef With Lipton Onion Soup Recipe
Copycat Lipton French Onion Soup Mix
If you are concerned that youll need exactly the same amount as you would get in one packet, then just measure it. Then store in snack baggies instead. 3 Tbsp. should go into each one if you want to measure it out and store that way. That is easy enough to remember and you can save bags by just writing a note about this on the jar.
Whole reason to do this would be to save money and to save all that excess packaging. All those bags are not necessary and just ends up in a landfill so Tupperware works better because you can wash it when you need to make another batch of it.
Don’t Miss: Campbell’s Pot Pie Recipe
Ion Soup Brown Gravy Recipe
Italian sausage, garlic, tomatoes, merlot, as well as tortellini this soup incorporates favorite active ingredients from an Italian kitchen area. You can use pleasant or warm sausage, depending upon your tastes, and also fresh herbs if you have them handy.
Dont Miss: Chicken Rice Casserole Recipe Campbells
Make Sure To Pin French Onion Meatloaf
To my surprise, I actually liked it and when I thought about it, didnt really have a solid reason why I didnt like it. I started on a meatloaf loving-spree to make the best of different varieties.
French Onion Meatloaf uses onion soup mix along with caramelized onions for a double whammy of flavors and texture. Use a store bought onion soup mix or make your own
While I love the traditional toppings of ketchup and brown sugar caramelized over a meat mixture, wait until you get ahold of onion gravy part of this recipe. It truly helps to bring this dish to life.
I would also say that this is a family friendly meal. When we eat it around our table, no one leaves a drop behind. In fact, I usually double the recipe, so there are leftovers!
French onion meatloaf also freezes well, so if you do decide to make a double batch, stick one in an airtight container and save it for another night. Freeze onion gravy separately and check out my tips and tricks for freezing all your foods!
Also Check: Campbells Cream Of Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
You May Like: Roasted Potatoes With Lipton Onion Soup Mix
More Gluten Free Recipe Classics
Gluten Free MeatloafPut those gluten free bread ends to use and make this gluten free meatloaf thats full of flavor. Your family will thank you.
Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan Stuffed ShellsYes, there are gluten free shells available out there. I use them for this saucy cheesy recipe my wife and I love.
Old Fashioned Pickled EggsThis easy gluten free and keto snack couldnt be easier. Have a couple of them for a protein filled breakfast or snack.
Shepherds PieThis recipe is naturally gluten free. Its loaded with beef, lots of vegetables and topped with flavor filled massed potatoes. It also freezes great!
Wondering How To Make Your Burgers Taste Better Here Are A Few Tips & Tricks
Because this homemade beef burger recipe is so simple, in both its ingredients & its preparation, technique is incredibly important.
Here are 5 of my favorite easy tips & tricks for restaurant-quality burgers at home:
You May Like: Potatoes Onion Soup Mix Recipe
Don’t Miss: Lipton Onion Hamburger
My Country Style Steak
A simple and easy recipe for cube steak that can easily be stretched to feed as many as you like. Serve over rice or potatoes.
Provided by SUZANNER
|1 envelope dry onion soup mix|
|2 cups water, or as needed|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|garlic salt to taste|
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat cube steak pieces with flour, and shake off the excess. Fry steak pieces in the hot oil just until browned on each side and there are some juices in the pan. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Stir together the onion soup mix and 1 tablespoon of flour sprinkle into the skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until it starts to brown. Gradually mix in the water to make a gravy. Return the cube steak to the pan, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Cover, and simmer over low heat for about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 253.6 calories, Carbohydrate 17.8 g, Cholesterol 27.3 mg, Fat 12.9 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 15.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 732 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
Make Your Own Soup Mix
I have to admit, onion soup mix is a staple item in our pantry. Up until now, I have always bought the little packets from the store. But now I have a perfect recipe to replace the store bought stuff!
Making your own means you know whats going into the soup mix. I did purchase beef bouillon granules and after reading all the ingredients on several different brands of bouillon, I picked out one that works for me.
The bullion or broth base I used was from Orrington Farms and is pretty readily available in most grocery stores. I like this brand because it is gluten free and minimal on the additives. They also have a low sodium variety you can choose.
You can use any brand youd like, but do get a powdered or granular broth, not cubes or a paste.
We like to use this onion soup mix for making sour cream dip. Its so easy, and talk about flavor! Its perfect for any chip, veggie or cracker.
This recipe makes a large batch so you can easily store in your pantry and have it ready for whenever you need it. One packet of store bought soup mix is equal to ¼ cup of this homemade soup mix.
This is called a soup mix, but its also a spice mix! It can be added to so many different recipes to give a punch of flavor!
Don’t Miss: Campbell Soup Chicken Rice Casserole
Amazoncom: Gluten Free Onion Soup Mix
Add 1-1/4 cup of soup mix and stir 30 seconds, add 6 cups of beef broth and ½ cup of apple juice or apple cider and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook on low about 25 minutes. Makes 4-5 cups of soup. To make a spectacular onion dip for fresh veggies or chips simply stir1 tablespoon of onion soup mix into 1/2 cup of low fat sour cream.
Onion Soup Mix packets! When I was a kid, I used to come home from school and make those onion soup packets into soup and eat that as my after-school snack. Weird, I know! Of course, I cant eat those packets anymore because they have beef in them. I love that this version is vegetarian and gluten-free.
1 day agoSalt and pepper potatoes. Put potatoes, oil and soup in ziplock bag. Shake to uncovered in oven for 45 minutes at 400 degrees. Stir occasionally.
Gifting Your Dry Onion Soup Mix
You may notice my recipe doesnt have added salt!
It was salty enough for us with just the beef bullion. If you need to adjust it after making it once, feel free, but I wouldnt just add salt to this one.
You want the onion flavors to show, and salt will actually cover that up if youre using a lot of it in a seasoning blend.
Recommended Reading: Pillsbury Crescent Rolls Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
What Is Onion Soup Mix Made Of
Store-bought onion soup mix contains similar ingredients to the homemade version, however, they contain a lot more preservatives.
This homemade version of the mix contains beef bullion, dehydrated onion flakes, onion powder, paprika, garlic, black pepper, salt, dried parsley, celery seed and some brown sugar.
Lipton Onion Mushroom Dip Recipe
So glad to see a home made version of the Lipton Onion Soup recipe. The store bought version has trans fat in it which I avoid if at all possible. I use your recipe for the taco seasoning all the time. I have a old recipe book titled More Make A Mix Cookery which has a lot of home made mixes.
Ingredients: 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast. Lipton Onion Recipe Soup Mix Cream of Mushroom soup. Carrots. Potatoes 1 can of water. Add everything into the crock pot except the potatoes and cook on high for 6 hours. Add in potatoes and cook for another hour.
Product Details. Recipe Soup & Dip Mix, Onion Mushroom. Per 1-2/3 Tbsp Dry Mix: 35 calories 0 g sat fat 700 mg sodium 0 g sugars.
With six varieties and endless possibilities, theres a favorite Lipton Recipe Secrets mix for everyone! Try them all: Golden Onion, Savory Herb with Garlic, Beefy Onion, Vegetable, Onion Mushroom and our classic Lipton Onion Soup Mix. Come busy nights or unexpected guests, youll be ready for anything when you keep Lipton Recipe Secrets on hand.
Making Classic Liptons Onion Soup Dip: So there is nothing to making your Classic Liptons Onion Soup Dip. Just mix it up, taste it and make sure you put just the right amount of the mix in the sour cream for your tastes and let it sit for a while. Preferably about an hour or so in the fridge if you can stand to wait.
You May Like: Comfort Soup Shark Tank
Recommended Reading: Onion Soup Mix Potatoes
What Is Cube Steak:
Cube steak or cubed steak is a type of beef cut that is known to be a tough piece of meat that is tenderized. Usually it is either top round or top sirloin when purchased. It is then flattened by pounding and tenderized before cooking. Cube steak got its name because of the indentations that are on the cube steak after it has been tenderized by a meat tenderizer.
Dont Miss: Campbell Soup Recipes For Chicken And Rice
How To Make Lisas Brown Rice Casserole
- 1Put the butter in a casserole dish and put in microwave for 20 seconds.
- 2Add onion soup mix to butter and mix well. Put two cans of beef consomme soup in onion soup mixture and stir well.
- 3Add rice in beef consomme mixture and stir well.
- 4Bake at 350 F. for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Last Step: Dont forget to share! Make all your friends drool by posting a picture of your finished recipe on your favorite social network. And dont forget to tag Just A Pinch and include #justapinchrecipes so we can see it too!
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Canned Chicken Noodle Soup
Read Also: Lipton Onion Mix Pot Roast
Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown roast.
2. Arrange carrots and potatoes in slow cooker. Top with roast and set aside.
3. Combine Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix with water in glass measuring cup. Add to skillet, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan. Add soup mixture to slow cooker. Cook covered on Low 8 to 10 hours or HIGH 4 to 6 hours. Remove roast and vegetables to serving platter.
4. Thicken gravy, if desired, by combining additional 1/4 cup water with 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour. Cook on HIGH 15 minutes or until thickened.
Read Also: Olive Garden Never Ending Soup And Salad
What Can You Make With Onion Soup Mix
What cant you make with Lipton onion soup mix? Your very own classic onion dip is super easy: a carton of sour cream and a packet of soup mix. Need a veggie dip? Add your choice of dip mix to hummus. Meatloaf? Add the dry onion soup mix right into the meat.
If your family favorite is pot roast, add the Lipton Recipe Secrets soup mix right into the slow cooker along with the meat and youve got dinner. Pick a casserole and add your choice of soup mix for extra flavor. For a fun appetizer, make a three-bean salsa using the Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix.
If youre looking for new favorite recipe ideas, Lipton has a ton of them on their website. Have fun trying them all!
Also Check: Soup Nation Menu