Shortcuts For Making Chicken Noodle Soup
- I make my own gluten-free chicken broth by using Orrington Farms Chicken Flavored Broth Base.
- You can use any type of cut-up chicken you prefer. I often use boneless and skinless chicken thighs.
- You can use leftover chicken to make the soup. I often use leftover shredded chicken. I have a super easy recipe for Gluten-Free Rotisserie Style Shredded Chicken.
- You can use gluten-free rotisserie chicken to save time. Always check the labels of the store-bought rotisserie chicken because some of the seasonings are not gluten-free. I like Costcos rotisserie chicken.
- I keep lemon juice concentrate in my refrigerator at all times.
How To Make Our Dairy Free Green Bean Casserole With Canned Green Beans
If you want to make this recipe faster and cut prep time, you can use canned green beans instead of fresh green beans. Follow the same recipe but with these changes outlined below:
- When making the mushroom soup/sauce, use the same recipe but omit the 1/4 teaspoon salt, unless you are using unsalted canned green beans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F uncovered for 25 minutes, then top with the bread crumbs, panko, or fried onions and dairy free parmesan.
- Return to the oven and bake an additional 5 minutes.
My husband prefers this recipe made with canned green beans since they are softer, but I prefer our green bean casserole made with fresh green beans since they still have a nice tender crisp texture.
What Ingredients Do You Need You Make Gluten Free Cream Of Chicken Soup
Making cream of chicken soup gluten free is quick and easy.
It takes less than ten minutes, and you only need a few ingredients.
To make gluten free condensed cream of chicken soup youll need:
- Oil or butter. I like using olive oil because it adds a subtle fruity flavor, and is a healthy cooking oil. If you are making your cream of chicken soup with dairy, butter should be your first choice.
- Cooked, shredded chicken. Leftover rotisserie chicken, or even drained canned chicken will work! You can also chop up some raw chicken and cook it until golden brown right in the pan.
- Gluten free flour. The gluten free flour acts as the thickener to make the gluten free roux. I used my gluten free flour blend, but you can use just rice flour, or any gluten free flour blend in your pantry. Youll have best results if you use a gluten free flour that doesnt have xanthan or guar gum in it.
- Broth. I used chicken broth however, if you prefer you can use vegetable broth.
- Milk. I used an unsweetened plain coconut milk this time, but Ive used unsweetened plain almond milk in the past. You can also use dairy milk, or lactose free milk. As long as you dont use a sweetened vanilla flavored milk, you should be set.
- Salt and pepper. Essential if you dont want your soup to taste bland.
Recommended Reading: Maggie And Mary’s Soup
Minute Dairy Free Potato Soup
Oh you are going to be so happy with this creamy potato soup. Its a favorite of mine for very good reason. Youll never believe that it doesnt contain dairy!
Update: This recipe was originally published in 2017 and has been republished with all new photos.
Okay, its still 90 degrees here but in the morning its 60 degrees so I believe thats cause to celebrate. So Im declaring it soup weather. Im working like crazy on a lot of fun comfort food recipes for yall so theres plenty more to come.
When I say this 30 Minute Dairy Free Potato Soup is creamy I mean its really truly very creamy. Its a blended soup and that blender makes everything perfectly smooth. Youll also set aside one cup of diced potatoes to add back in after youve blended the rest. We need a few chunks of potato too, right?
Did you catch the part about this being dairy free? I typically avoid potato soup in restaurants because I know theyre full of milk and cheese. Not this one! This means my version is less calories but Im betting you wont be able to tell.
Since Im not using milk the creaminess of this soup comes from a cup of unsweetened canned coconut milk. It doesnt give the soup any coconut flavor at all!
For this recipe youll need :
- Dried herbs
Set aside 1 cup of the cooked diced potatoes. Well add those back in a minute. Now blend the remaining potatoes, onions, and chicken stock with canned coconut milk. Oh things are starting to get creamy, friends!
Can I Make The Soup In A Slow Cooker
Yes, you can modify my recipe to make it in a crockpot. Making soup in the slow cooker is an easy way to make dinner ahead of time. Place the olive oil and the diced chicken into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in gluten-free chicken broth, seasonings, garlic, carrots, and celery. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
Stir the gluten-free pasta into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for an additional 30-40 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Stir in lemon juice and serve.
You May Like: Gluten Free French Onion Soup Canned
Potato Bacon Corn Chowder
So, a few weeks ago, some friends of ours had twins. The most beautiful children you will ever see, except for mine, of course. Now, they already had two kids, so it is a super lot for them to deal with. Awesome-ness! But a lot.
Being the amazing friends that we are, a group of us started a meal train for them and supplied them with dinners a few nights a week when they didnt have family in for help. The first meal that was taken by amazing friend number one was a potato soup. I stopped by the next day to help out and took one look at that potato soup and said, I have got to make that!
It looked so yummy. Hearty and delicious!
Now, I know the version I saw had lots of gluten and dairy in it, so the wheels in my head got to turning on how to make this potato soup allergy friendly. For me, at least.
When I got home, I started googling potato soup, potato chowder, etc. I got so many recipes that werent much more than butter, flour, milk and cream. Ummmm, yeah. That aint gonna work for me.
Plus, I wanted more in it than just that. Wheres some veggies? For color and flavor? Huh?
Then I stumbled across this Perfect Potato Soup from The Pioneer Woman. Now, here was something closer to what I was looking for. More veggies. Still flour and dairy. But more veggies.
I also dont blend as much of mine up as she does because I like the chunks.
Go! Go make it! Now!
Creamy Roasted Carrot Soup
This easy roasted carrot soup from the Eat Dairy Free cookbook is rich, creamy, and delicious. This recipe is gluten free, allergy-free, and paleo-friendly for a simple starter or dinner.
This easy roasted carrot soup is rich, creamy, and delicious, and is gluten free, dairy free, allergy-free, and paleo-friendly for a simple starter or meal.
This creamy carrot soup is from the Eat Dairy Free cookbook, and Im posting it for my mum and sister and anybody else living in the Southern hemisphere rugging up getting ready for Winter.
My niece Alexandra suffered from multiple food allergies as a baby, and now that she is 8 years old she has not grown out of her dairy allergy, and we think she will be living a dairy-free life forever. Thank goodness living dairy-free is easier than it has ever been thanks to so many incredible plant-based milks, dairy-free cheeses and yogurts, and a myriad of dairy-free recipes on on the internet thanks to the growing popularity of the paleo and vegan lifestyle and the need to service the food allergy community, as well as health conscious omnivores looking for dairy-free options.
Hands down, the most well known and respected dairy-free website on the internet is Go Dairy Free. With hundreds of dairy-free recipes, product reviews, and dairy-free tips, Alisa and Tony Flemings incredible site is the go-to resource if you want to know anything about living dairy-free.
Recommended Reading: Potato Soup With Frozen Hash Browns
Creamy Fennel & Thyme Soup
Creamy Fennel & Thyme Soup
I have a lot of goals in life, but in regards to my food & diet, one of my goals is to eat a WIDE variety of plant foods. I believe they are all medicinal although we dont always have the research to prove it. Yet. Anyway, fennel is medicinal, but one of those foods that we often dont know what to do with so Im here to help you with that with this Creamy Fennel & Thyme Soup!
Gluten Free. Dairy Free. Vegan. Nutrient Dense.Make no mistake, food is medicine!
And although making the stock made it a bigger job, I was still able to make it without it consuming my day. After all, making stock is just putting things in a soup pot and letting them simmer right?
I was seriously scraping my soup bowl to make sure I got every drop. So give it a whirl.
Find recipes like this Creamy Fennel & Thyme Soup from Tracy Konoske at
|Creamy Fennel & Thyme Soup|
- 2stocks and fronds of fennel bulbs cut into 3 pieces. Save just a few of the wispy pieces for a garnish if you want to be fancy!
- 2leeks cleaned and cut into 3 pieces
- 1-2stalksCelerycleaned and cut into 3 pieces
- Soup Ingredients
- 2fennel bulbsthinly sliced whites
- 2leeksthinly sliced whites
- 1mediumYukon gold potatoediced
Another Reason Why I Turn To This Vegan Vegetable Soup Recipe Time And Time Again Is Because You Can Make It On The Stovetop Or In An Instant Pot Or Crock Pot
I originally created this vegan vegetable soup recipe after I wrote the cookbook. During the cookbook process I gained 5 pounds while writing the book and those 5 made me feel self conscious and just not as well. I wanted a hearty and healthy meal that I could eat for lunch and dinner while I got those extra pounds off. I made it for myself for dinner and made spaghetti for the rest of the family. They all saw the soup and wanted some. It was so good that they asked for it again the next day. Ever since then I added it into the monthly meal plan rotation. If I am trying to keep it light I just allow myself one slice of bread to go with it.
Read Also: Lipton Herb And Garlic Soup Mix Recipes
Can I Make The Soup Ahead Of Time
Chicken noodle soup can be easily made ahead of time and reheated. You may want to add an extra 1-2 cups of broth to the soup because gluten-free pasta expands and soaks up some of the chicken broth.
My family likes more noodles than soup, so I reheat the soup as is and do not need to add more broth. But you can add more broth if you like.
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
This creamy chicken noodle soup is dairy free, gluten free, and full of flavor! Loaded with vegetables and herbs in a rich and velvety broth. Serve with a thick slice of crusty bread, and you have a delicious healthy bowl of comfort food ready in no time.
This post may contain affiliate links. As anI may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!
Also Check: Campbells Chicken Rice Casserole Recipe Easy
What Do You Put In Homemade Vegetable Soup
This is best part! Anything goes! However, I love potatoes, carrots, peas, tomatoes, and greens beans. We now avoid corn for family meals, so you could easily swap the corn for a white bean in place.
This gluten free vegan vegetable soup recipe also reheats very well. You can make it on a Sunday and feel confident about reheating it and serving it later in the week. I have not tried to freeze this one yet, but that will be on my radar for the future. I am working on a freezer meal plan and possibly doing a workshop. Early spring will likely be when I roll that out, so stay tuned!
Now that the weather has changed and colds are starting to go around, this will be the perfect vegan vegetable soup recipe that is gluten free to warm you up and give your body some fuel!
How To Make Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole With Fresh Green Beans
This dairy free green bean casserole recipe has several steps in it and it takes a bit longer to cook the fresh green beans, but the result is worth it!
Rather than using a canned mushroom soup concentrate, we created our own dairy free thick mushroom soup as the sauce for this recipe.
Here are the steps to make this recipe :
Making the homemade dairy free mushroom soup
Don’t Miss: Can You Eat Tomato Soup On Keto
How To Make Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- Chop the mushrooms to your liking. I personally like mine finely chopped, and I use my food processor.
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter over medium-high heat saute the mushrooms and minced garlic until tender.
- Sprinkle the gluten-free flour and onion powder over mushrooms and stir to coat the mushrooms.
- Stir in the gluten-free chicken broth, salt, pepper, and nutmeg . Stir the mixture until the flour dissolves. Bring the mushroom soup to a boil and stir it until thickened .
- Reduce the heat to low/simmer and stir in the milk . Simmer, uncovered for about 10-15 minutes.
- Make sure you stir it occasionally and remove the soup from the heat as soon as it becomes as thick as you want it.
- To make a garnish for your soup if you are planning on serving it, sautee mushrooms in a small pan with olive oil or butter until golden brown.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Recipe Tips & Substitutions
- You can use vegan butter instead of oil, if you prefer.
- The soup will thicken up as it cools.
- You can store your prepared condensed cream of chicken soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can also freeze it for up to 2 months.
- This recipe makes about 1 ¼ cups of soup which is equivalent to one 10.5-ounce can of Campbells Cream of Chicken soup.
Also Check: Lipton Onion Soup Pot Roast
Gluten And Dairy Free Split Pea Vegetable Soup
This is another healthy protein packed soup thatis vegan, gluten free and loaded with health benefits.
I used dried yellow split peas for a more beautiful yellow color but the green ones will work too. I soaked and cooked them just like the other beans.
The special flavor in this gluten free vegetable soup recipe is developed by sauteing fresh garlic, leeks and carrots in the pot before adding the spices .
Add the peas, bay leaves and sweet potatoes and let the soup simmer until everything is tender. The sweet potatoes add a delicious, natural sweetness that blends perfectly with the spices used in this soup.
The end result is a bright, filling vegetarian dairy free supper.
To Use Frozen Cream Of Chicken Soup
Let your frozen gluten free chicken soup thaw completely before using. You can move it to the fridge to thaw if you have 8-24 hours.
If you need to quickly thaw your gluten free chicken soup, place the freezer bag in a bowl with cool water.
Refresh the water every 15 minutes or so until it is thawed.
You can speed the thawing process up in the microwave.
Once your gf chicken soup has thawed enough to remove from the freezer bag, place the frozen GF chicken soup in a microwave safe container and heat at 50% power in 30 second increments until thawed.
This recipe is so easy, and it adapts to fit any dietary needs.
Recommended Reading: Knorr Dry Vegetable Soup Mix
Reasons Why This Should Be A Prep Ahead Freezer Meal Recipe In Your Freezer
- easily stores in an iced cooler to take on road trips
- great for meal prep, prepping ahead, freezer meals so dinner later is ready, just needs to thaw. Make sure youre stocked on freezer safe storage bags and other freezer safe airtight containers.
- perfect to share with friends and family who need quick and easy meals
- easy to have leftovers for lunch later
- for college students needing a prepared dinner