Imagine Foods Organic Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
This organic tomato basil soup is made with tomato paste, celery, carrots, basil, and canola oil. It provides 3g protein, 3g fiber 13% of DV and 8g of added sugar per serving. It contains a low amount of sodium 440mg of sodium which equals 18% of the daily value and no saturated fat at all. Its vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
Allergen information: All varieties, except Chunky Style Soups, are gluten-free.
How To Choose Gluten
When searching for your new favorite gluten-free soup, here are a couple things to keep in mind:
- Added sugar. Most pre-packed foods contain added sugars, and canned and packaged soups are not an exception. Take an extra look at the ingredient label to ensure youre not accidentally eating unexpected sugars, and consume in moderation to not exceed the daily AHA recommended value of 5-9 teaspoons a day .
- Sodium content. When it comes to canned and packaged soups, a lot of brands are loaded with salt. Processed soups account for one of several food groups that contribute up to half of the sodium consumed in the U.S. Many soup brands add high amounts of salt because its a cheaper way to add flavor than using whole fresh ingredients, despite increased risk of health problems like heart disease and stroke. The 20152020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend that Americans consume less than 2,300 mg of sodium per day as a part of a healthy diet .
- Vitamins and nutrients. Pre-packaged soups arent just easy they can be a good source of vitamins and nutrients that support healthy body functions. Tomato soup, specifically, tends to be a good source of vitamin C, potassium, and other vitamins and antioxidants. Look for soups that are rich in essential nutrients to make the most out of your mealtime .
Amys Organic Chunky Tomato Bisque
Amys Organic Chunky Tomato Bisque is a dairy-free and organic tomato soup that is made creamy with coconut milk. Specifically, this soup is made with organic tomato purée, organic diced tomatoes, filtered water, organic cane sugar, organic onions, organic coconut cream, sea salt, organic black pepper, and organic guar gum. Each serving of this soup is 110 calories and provides three grams of protein and three grams of fiber. Reviewers are saying that this soup is flavorful, has the perfect amount of creaminess, is great for people who have lactose intolerance or dont consume dairy, can be used wherever a recipe calls for tomato bisque soup and is chunky. That being said, some people feel that the sodium content per serving is a bit high . If youd still like to try it out, you can get a pack of 12, 14.1-ounce cans for about $35.
You May Like: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Nutrition Information
Creamy Gluten Free And Dairy Free Tomato Soup
This Creamy Gluten Free and Dairy Free Tomato Soup is the perfect comfort food for those nights you need a quick meal. Some gluten free crackers or grilled cheese, and youre set!
As a child, my favourite soup was not one that my Mom had spent hours making, using herbs and vegetables that she had grown and harvested in her garden. Recipes passed down from her mother, who learned it from her mother. My favourite soup was tomato soup that came from the red and white tin.
Creamy tomato soup that perfectly paired with crisp salty crackers or a grilled cheese sandwich. Today, however, that red and white tin soup no longer loves me since wheat flour is the thickener used in that ready-in-5-minute soup.
That doesnt mean that I cant enjoy a quick, delicious bowl of soup. This vegan Tomato Soup actually starts with a can of tomatoes. Using whole ingredients, its also ready to eat in about 30 minutes.
In addition to being gluten free, this soup is also dairy free, getting its creaminess from the potato that is added to the mixture while it is cooking. But if you want to make it even creamier, you can add milk of your choice before serving. Coconut milk or cashew milk work great.
If you do not require a dairy-free diet, feel free to add 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream after blending the soup, just dont bring it back up to a boil once the cream has been added or it will curdle.
Make Your Own Gf Cream Of Mushroom Soup
If you want to make a hearty cream soup without adding cream, there are several ways to create a creamy taste without using dairy. In many recipes, the simple substitution of coconut or almond milk in place of dairy milk will impart that silky, rich taste.
For those who can tolerate nuts, cashew cream is a rich, tasty substitute.
Dont forget your veggies, too. Try simply pureeing the soup ingredients without adding any cream. Potatoes, cauliflower and carrots all add body and a creamy consistency to soups.
You May Like: Pea Anderson Inn
Homemade Cream Of Chicken Soup In A Few Easy Steps
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter over medium-high heat saute the minced garlic until tender.
- Sprinkle the gluten-free flour and onion powder over the garlic.
- Stir in the gluten-free chicken broth, salt, pepper, thyme and nutmeg . Stir the mixture until the flour dissolves. Bring the cream soup to a boil and stir it until thickened .
- Add the cooked chopped chicken to the soup and stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low/simmer and stir in the milk . Simmer, uncovered for about 10-15 minutes.
- Make sure you stir it occasionally and remove the soup from the heat as soon as it becomes as thick as you want it.
Can I Make The Soup Ahead Of Time
Chicken noodle soup can be easily made ahead of time and reheated. You may want to add an extra 1-2 cups of broth to the soup because gluten-free pasta expands and soaks up some of the chicken broth.
My family likes more noodles than soup, so I reheat the soup as is and do not need to add more broth. But you can add more broth if you like.
Recommended Reading: Instant Pot Potato Soup Hash Browns
Can Gluten Free Flour Be Used As A Thickening Agent
Gluten free flour mix, such as the one found here on Gluten-Free-Bread, not only makes amazing gluten free crescent rolls and gluten free biscuits, but it’s also an excellent thickener. But, like with cornstarch, mix it with cool water first before adding the mixture into the sauce or soup to thicken it.
Cheesy Ham And Potato Soup
So we go homemade because not only is making these popular creamy soups at home a cinch, but its so much healthier and unbelievably delicious. This was the first of tens of dozens of spoonfuls of Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup I ate straight from the jar. You guys will flip.
Ok a couple notes:
You will be making these recipes for a lifetime lets get on with it!
Read Also: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Hamburger Recipe
Tips For Making The Best Gluten
- Chop carrots and celery at least Â¼-inch thick. If you chop your vegetables too thin, they can become mushy.
- If you like your noodles more al dente, cook them separately and then add the noodles to the soup once its cooked.
- The gluten-free noodles will absorb the broth. If you want more soup, add an additional 1-2 cups of gluten-free broth.
- Dont add the salt or the pepper until you have tasted the soup. A lot of the time broth can already be salty.
- Its easy to change up the vegetables. You just want to make sure you cook them until they are soft.
- You can use one chopped onion in place of the onion powder if you like. My family does not like the texture of chopped onions thats why I use onion powder.
- If you are not feeding a large family like mine and you do not want leftovers, you can easily cut the recipe in half.
- If you want a creamy chicken noodle soup, you can swap out the broth for a cup or two of milk.
Dr Mcdougall’s Right Foods Soups Split Pea
These soups in a cup come in so many flavors its ridiculous. To our knowledge, all of them are vegan . Theyre definitely homestyle tasting, you cant even tell its a microwave soup.
If youre also in the market for a good microwave, you may want to check our guide on the best microwave toaster oven combo.
Side Note:vegan starter kit
They may not all be gluten-free, though but the split pea is!
The ingredients are as follows:
Recommended Reading: Potato Soup With Frozen Hash Browns
Frontier Soup Tomato Basil Soup
Want to make your tomato soup from scratch with the same level of convenience as buying a soup from the store? If this sounds like you, consider investing in Frontier Soup Tomato Basil Soup. This soup has no added salt, no MSG, and no preservatives and comes with the following ingredients: rice, dried tomatoes, yellow peppers, carrots, onions, leeks, shallots, Italian parsley, and herbs. To enjoy this product, simply combine the ingredients in a blender, submerge them in boiling broth, and cook the pot covered for about 20 minutes. Reviewers are saying that this tomato soup kit is incredibly convenient, makes soup that tastes homemade, produces a good amount of soup , and since you blend the ingredients in a blender you can make the soup as chunky or smooth as youd like. To try this soup out, you can get a pack of four, four-ounce packages for $17.
Amy S Organic Soups Light In Sodium Chunky Tomato Bisque
This organic tomato bisque soup is made with tomato puree, diced tomatoes, cream, and onions. It provides 3g of protein, 2.4g of saturated fat, and only 280mg 12% of DV of sodium per cup. Its also a good source of iron and potassium. Additionally, its free from gluten, soy, or tree nuts.
Allergen information: Produced in a plant that processes foods containing wheat, milk, soy, tree nuts, and seeds. Amys Kitchen does not use any peanuts, fish, shellfish, or eggs.
Don’t Miss: Red Potatoes And Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Is Cream Of Mushroom Soup Gluten
When most people think of cream of mushroom soup, its usually the stuff that comes in a can from the grocery store. Campbells brand of cream of mushroom soup is what comes to mind for me.
Most traditional cream of mushroom soups youll find that are store-bought OR homemade are not gluten-free. Youll need to make some substitutions in order to make this soup gluten-free.
Chef Soraya Eat A Bowl Black Beans & Rice
These are advertised as soups, but they have more of a jambalaya texture. There is a bunch of flavors, and theyre all plant-based. They have all kinds of cultural mixes like curry, tex-mex chili and lime, and Cuban black beans and rice.
The Black Beans & Rice variety .
The ingredients are as follows:
Annies Homegrown Tomato Soup
Annies Homegrown Tomato Soup is an organic soup made with eight ingredients: tomato purée, water, cane sugar, corn starch, sea salt, extra virgin olive oil, onion powder, and garlic powder. Each one cup serving of this soup is 100 calories and provides two grams of fiber and two grams of protein. Reviewers are saying that this soup is flavorful, healthy for $26.
Tiberino’s Real Italian Meals
This mixture of beans has all the makings to be really bland. Bean soups can sometimes be tasteless if theyre not paired with the right seasonings, and that is the case with this one. On the bright side its like a blank bean soup canvas, but if youre looking for something that you can just throw in the pot and forget about, this isnt it.
Some salt, pepper, fresh herbs and spices and youve got a nourishing meal on your hands.
The ingredients are as follows:
You May Like: Olive Garden Lunch Soup And Salad
Sierra Soups Mama Sorrenti’s Minestrone
This is a slow cooker soup mix. It has real dry beans, so it takes a little longer to cook. But sometimes the best things take a little bit longer. Because this soup takes longer to cook all the flavors have time to marinate together to really transform this bag of beans and vegetables into something marvelous.
You can add some gluten-free pasta to it for a classic minestrone soup!
The ingredients are as follows:
Can I Make The Soup In A Slow Cooker
Yes, you can modify my recipe to make it in a crockpot. Making soup in the slow cooker is an easy way to make dinner ahead of time. Place the olive oil and the diced chicken into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in gluten-free chicken broth, seasonings, garlic, carrots, and celery. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
Stir the gluten-free pasta into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for an additional 30-40 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Stir in lemon juice and serve.
You May Like: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Hamburgers
What Are The Best Gluten
- Avocado Oil: La Tourangelle
** Bobs Red Mill products are gluten-free and dairy-free. However, they may be manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy, so please be sure to check the labels if you are soy intolerant.
This article may contain or other affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase by clicking those links.
Amie’s#1 Best-Selling Cookbook
Over 200 vegetarian recipes free of gluten, dairy, soy, sugar, eggs, peanuts, corn and other inflammatory foods.
Nona Lim Tomato Thai Basil Soup
Dont you ever wish you could enjoy tomato soup on the go just like you enjoy your morning coffee? Well with Nona Lim Tomato Thai Basil Soup, you can. This portable gluten-free, non-GMO, and paleo-friendly soup is made with vegetable broth , diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, ginger, jalapeño, organic cane sugar, cumin, and kosher salt. Each 10-ounce cup is 45 calories and provides one gram of protein and two grams of fiber. Reviewers are saying that this soup is delicious as is, super convenient, and extremely fresh-tasting. You can get a pack of six cups for about $24.
Read Also: Red Potatoes And Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Dr Mcdougalls Chunky Tomato Soup
Dr. McDougalls is known for creating hearty, vegan versions of some of the most popular soups in existence tomato being no exception. Dr. McDougalls Chunky Tomato Soup is a dairy-free and gluten-free soup made with filtered water, vegetables , organic evaporated cane juice, corn starch, sea salt, spices, and basil. Each serving is 115 calories and provides eight grams of fiber and seven grams of protein. Reviewers are saying that this soup is flavorful , is seasoned wonderfully, and has a good amount of chunky tomatoes in it. Reviewers are saying that this soup does have a bit of a sweet taste to it because of the cane juice, so if you want it to be more savory, simply add spices. You can get a pack of six 17.7-ounce containers for about $26.
Cream Of Mushroom Soup Without Cream
Second, youll want to replace the cream or milk in a traditional cream of mushroom soup recipe. In this case, we swapped out the cream for coconut milk from a carton. This still provides the rich fullness of milk without any of the dairy.
My preference is the So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk, but any brand of coconut milk will do. You can choose to use coconut milk from a can if you want your soup to have an even thicker and more rich texture.
Recommended Reading: Can You Have Tomato Soup On Keto Diet
Dr Mcdougall’s Right Foods Soup Garden Vegetable
Dr. McDougalls also makes heat and serve soups, not just the dry ones. These are a little more flavorful than the dry soups and can tend to be a little salty, but not too much, and you can always add a little water to tone the spices down. The vegetables are soft but not mushy and they are marinated with the flavor of the broth making them extra tasty.
The ingredients are as follows:
Shortcuts For Making Chicken Noodle Soup
- I make my own gluten-free chicken broth by using Orrington Farms Chicken Flavored Broth Base.
- You can use any type of cut-up chicken you prefer. I often use boneless and skinless chicken thighs.
- You can use leftover chicken to make the soup. I often use leftover shredded chicken. I have a super easy recipe for Gluten-Free Rotisserie Style Shredded Chicken.
- You can use gluten-free rotisserie chicken to save time. Always check the labels of the store-bought rotisserie chicken because some of the seasonings are not gluten-free. I like Costcos rotisserie chicken.
- I keep lemon juice concentrate in my refrigerator at all times.
Don’t Miss: Crock Pot Potato Soup With Hash Browns