Storing And Making Ahead
- Make-Ahead: You can absolutely prepare this ahead of time you can mix it up, cover and refrigerate up to one day in advance. Its good for about three days in the refrigerator, but I recommend only making it a day in advance so its at peak freshness!
- Storing: Keep the leftover dip in an airtight container for up to 3 days. I would suggest storing the dip separate from the bread and your best bet is to eat the bread the same day you serve the dip.
- Freezing: I dont recommend freezing it, however, because the yogurt and mayo can break down a bit when thawed and cause the dip to be runny.
Read Also: Calphalon 4.5 Qt Soup Pot
Creamy Spinach Dip With Water Chestnuts
- 1 1/2cupssour cream
- 1/2teaspoonfine-grain sea salt + more to taste
- 1/4teaspoonfreshly ground black pepper + more to taste
- 110-ounce bag frozen spinach, thawed and liquid squeezed out*
- 14-ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1bunch scallions
Read Also: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Best Spinach Dip Recipe
This is the Best Spinach Dip Recipe and is perfect for your next party! Adapted from Knorrs classic recipe, this recipe is designed for a large crowd and is just too good.
If you are like me, you look for the spinach dip whenever you show up to a party. There are some versions, however, that just dont taste quite right. And, to be perfectly honest, I dont like water chestnuts! So, heres my rendition of spinach dip.
As you can see, its a double recipe. You can choose to make a it single recipe by either just using the Vegetable Soup mix, or mix the two together and separate it in half saving the other half for your next time.
Originally I had a 3 Vegetable Soup mix per 1 Leek soup mix, but a 1+1 works well too.
If you do want the water chestnuts, be sure to drain and rinse them and then chop them into small pieces.
Don’t Miss: Knorr Vegetable Mix Gluten Free
How To Make Hot Knorr Spinach Dip:
Unlike the chilled version, this delicious spinach dip uses cream cheese and a few other ingredients. However, it bakes up like a dream and everyone pretty much inhales it the moment you set it down.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 package Knorr vegetable mix
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheese divided
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Knorr Leek Soup Dip Recipes
Knorr Crab Dip, ingredients: 1 pkg. KnorrLeeksoup mix, 1 1/2 s. lowfat sour
- Get new recipes from top Professionals!
- Save and organize all you recipes!
Bread Loaf Dip, ingredients: 2 pkg. frzn spinach, 1 pkg. Knorrleeksoup mix, 2
c. dry corn bread stuffing mix, 1 pkg. Knorrleeksoup and recipe mix, 1/2 c. butter, 1 c
pie to pumpkin soup and everything in own recipes and peruse other chef recipes that
What To Serve With Spinach Dip
Cold spinach dip is often served in a bread bowl but you can serve it in a ceramic bowl or a hollowed out bell pepper too.
I like to serve this easy spinach dip recipe with an array of crackers, veggies, and sometimes tortilla chips .
I love serving sliced baguettes and crackers with fresh spinach dip.
You can keep this a low carb or keto appetizer by serving it with fried cheese rounds, low carb bread, and veggies.
The Best From Scratch Spinach Dip
Spinach dip is always a popular appetizer at summer barbecues. Ive recreated my classic spinach dip recipe without using packaged vegetable soup mix!
I think most people have a handful of appetizers and side dishes they turn to when they need to bring a dish to a potluck or barbecue. One of those dishes, for me, has always been spinach dip.
My mom used to make spinach dip when I was a kid using the store bough packaged vegetable soup mix. I absolutely love it. However, there are so many unnecessary ingredients in that soup mix!
I discovered that Frontier, who I buy a lot of bulk spices from, has a vegetable soup mix. It requires adding in some extra spices to recreate a similar flavor, but I dont mind if it means I can enjoy homemade spinach dip with simpler ingredients.
If you want to learn how to make my spinach dip recipe without packaged vegetable soup mix, heres my recipe! It also tastes great on gluten free bread as a sandwich!
Don’t Miss: Potatoes With Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Making Knorrs Spinach Dip:
But back to the dip~this dip is super simple to make, and is even on the packet of Knorrs. Im adding it to my site just because I want to keep track of it and the fine print is hard to read!! Its especially easy if you start with frozen spinach. You can cook it or just thaw it and use it raw. Whichever you do, its best to do it ahead because its no fun to wring out hot spinach and impossible to thoroughly wring it if it hasnt thawed. And you do want to wring it, thoroughly, preferably in an old towel. Just keep twisting the ends and twist and twist till you literally cant twist any more! Then let it sit for a minute or two and twist it again.
The real key to success is to cut the spinach very well and in small bits. Its like chopping cotton but keep at it. No one wants big strings of spinach in their dip and no one wants a string of spinach in their teeth!! If youre thinking about leaving the water chestnuts out, Id urge you to keep them. They might seem unnecessary but they do give just a bit of slight crunchiness thats so good.
Knorrs Spinach Dip
Types Of Mayonnaise To Use In Spinach Dip
I tested this spinach dip recipe with regular mayo, light mayo, avocado oil mayo and coconut oil mayo. All were delicious but yielded slightly different results.
Regular full fat mayonnaise this was my favorite. It had the best flavor and texture overall.
Low fat mayonnaise the flavor was equally satisfying, just a little different and the spinach dip was a smidgen runnier.
Avocado oil mayonnaise I really like this version. It had a unique flavor and was on the healthier side.
Coconut oil mayonnaise This version wasnt my favorite. You couldnt taste the coconut but it had a vinegar zing to it.
I have used full fat Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream in this spinach dip recipe but I havent tried other substitutes for the mayonnaise.
If you like your spinach dip a little more garlicky you can add an extra teaspoon of garlic powder.
My girls both said that this cold spinach dip is amazing and reminds them a little of onion dip. If I make a from scratch onion dip Ill come back and link it here.
Read Also: Campbells Chicken Rice Casserole Recipe
Dunlop Brothers Family Cookbook
Always popular at group get togethers, Leek & Spinach Dip is served in a hollowed out round pumpernickel loaf of bread.
Chop up bread recuperated from loaf centre into cubes and serve with the dip. Encourage people to cut up the surrounding loaf as the dip is used.
The perfect containerit is edible!
More About Leek Soup Spinach Dip Recipes
KNORR SPINACH DIP RECIPE – PARTY PERFECT-GONNA WANT SECONDS
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix all the dip ingredients until smoothly combined. Refrigerate 2 hours until well chilled.
- Meanwhile, hollow out the center of the round loaf of bread leaving at least 2-inch of the wall around the edges, creating a bowl. Pour cold dip into the bread bowl, garnish with green onions and serve.
SPINACH-LEEK DIP | COOKSTR.COM
FromCategoryEstimated Reading Time
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. In batches, stir in the spinach, wilting each batch before adding more. Sprinkle the spinach with 1 tablespoon water, cover, and cook until the spinach is tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, rinse, and cool. A handful at a time, squeeze the excess liquid from the spinach. Chop coarsely.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks and red pepper and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 2 minutes. Cool completely.
- Combine the spinach, cooled vegetables, sour cream, mayonnaise, dill, and cayenne in a food processor and process until blended. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and cover tightly. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours, or up to 2 days.
SPINACH DIP RECIPE + WONKYWONDERFUL
KNORR SPINACH DIP – CULINARY HILL
Read Also: Potato Soup With Frozen Hash Browns
Creamy Potato Leek Soup Ii
Really easy, satisfying soup. Can be prepared in less than an hour. Serve hot and garnish with grated cheese.
Provided by ANABANANA
|8 potatoes, peeled and cubed|
|4 cups chicken broth|
|1 pound bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|3 leeks, sliced|
|1 cup heavy cream|
- In a large saucepan or stockpot, bring potatoes and chicken broth to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of grease and set aside. Sautee the leeks in the frying pan with the reserved bacon grease 8 to 10 minutes.
- When the potatoes are tender, stir in the fried leeks, heavy cream and bacon. Stir to blend and remove from heat. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 739.2 calories, Carbohydrate 58.2 g, Cholesterol 109.1 mg, Fat 49.5 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 16.7 g, SaturatedFat 20.6 g, Sodium 1311.3 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
Recipe Tips And Variations:
- Fresh spinach: To substitute fresh spinach for the frozen spinach, use a pound of fresh spinach leaves for every 10-ounce package of frozen that you need. Cook according to the package directions and squeeze dry in a clean kitchen towel.
- Make ahead: For the best flavors, let the dip chill at least 2 hours. Or, make it a day ahead and keep it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Artichokes. Artichoke spinach dip is hard to beat. Add one can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped, to the recipe.
- Baby shrimp. 1 to 2 cups of baby shrimp, cooked and shelled, make an already great dip even better.
- Parmesan cheese. Freshly grated, or the stuff in the green can a little cheese gives an umami flavor.
- Greek yogurt. A good, thick Greek yogurt lightens things up if youre looking for a healthy spinach dip.
- Serve in a bread bowl. Usually people serve this famous spinach dip by spooning it into a scooped-out loaf of bread. Slice off the top of a round, rustic loaf of bread and hollow it out. Also, hold onto the lid and the inner bread chunks.
Recommended Reading: Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix Gluten Free
Creamy Leek And Spinach Soup
Creamy leek, spinach, and ham soup. Serve with a nice bread.
Provided by Kim Playfair
|1 leek , chopped|
|1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained|
|6 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|2 cups cubed fully cooked ham|
|1 ham bone|
|1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste|
- Heat butter in a stockpot over medium heat cook and stir leek and spinach until leek is tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir flour into leek mixture and cook over medium-high, stirring constantly, until mixture flour is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove stockpot from heat.
- Mix broth, ham, and ham bone into leek mixture cook, stirring occasionally, over low heat until soup is slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Blend yogurt, egg yolks, salt, and pepper together in a blender or food processor until smooth carefully stir into soup. Cook soup until heated through, about 5 minutes more. Remove and discard ham bone.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 136.7 calories, Carbohydrate 8 g, Cholesterol 55.6 mg, Fat 8.1 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 8.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 367.8 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
Knorr Vegetable Dip Without Spinach Recipes
Make and share this Knorr Spinach Dip recipe from Food.com.
Provided by bbakergray
Yield 4 cups, 4-6 serving
Number Of Ingredients 6
|1 package Baby Spinach, chopped or 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry|
|1 container sour cream|
|1 package vegetable soup mix|
|1 can water chestnuts, drained and chopped|
|3 green onions, chopped|
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator about 2 hours.
- Serve with your favorite dippers to your favorite people.
- A new serving idea: Hollow out cucumber slices and cherry tomatoes.
- Fill vegetables with spinach dip and garnish with a sprig of dill.
- MAKES 4 cups dip.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 660.6, Fat 46.4, SaturatedFat 18, Cholesterol 79.2, Sodium 4380.9, Carbohydrate 54, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 10.4, Protein 11.7
You May Like: Can You Have Tomato Soup On Keto Diet
Easy Spinach Dip September 19 2018appetizers Dips Spreads And Sauces Fall And Winter Holidays Holidays Party Foods Recipes Summer Holidays Vegetarian
Easy Spinach Dip recipe without the dry packaged soup mix!
We have been making spinach dip for years using the dry soup mix. I wanted to make a spinach dip from scratch without all the preservatives. This is what I came up with and its even BETTER! You will never use the soup mix again.
A cold, creamy, flavorful spinach dip to wow your friends and family! This easy appetizer comes together in just minutes.
Try our Spinach Artichoke Cups!
Best Spinach Dip Ever
Unlike a lot of spinach dip recipes that use a vegetable soup mix, this recipe calls for leek soup mix. The flavor is amazing. I received a lot of compliments when I made this for a party.
Best Spinach Dip Ever
- 1 container sour cream
- 1 package dry leek soup mix
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 loaf round sourdough bread
1. In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, dry leek soup mix, water chestnuts and chopped spinach. Chill in the refrigerator 6 hours, or overnight.
2. Remove top and interior of sourdough bread. Fill with mayonnaise mixture. Tear removed bread chunks into pieces for dipping.
Read Also: Anderson Inn Buellton
Best Spinach Artichoke Dip Is The Perfect Party Appetizer Make Ahead And Serve Hot Or Cold With Crackers Crostini Or Vegetables
It can be served with crudites, crostini or chips and even used as a spread on sandwiches. The problem is that it can also be very bland.
I have a secret weapon for my Creamy Spinach and Artichoke dip. Are you ready?
Leek soup mix.
Make sure you PIN Spinach and Artichoke Dip!
Yep. Soup Mix! Leek soup mix has herbs and spices already mixed in along with a subtle onion flavor. Allow it to marry with the creamy ingredients and re-hydrate for exceptional flavor.
Everyone will be asking your recipe and it is totally up to you whether or not you want to share it.
The other element that makes spinach dips different from each other is the creamy base. Generally, it is some mix of cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and/or plain yogurt.
I find for cold spinach artichoke dip, yogurt works great. If I am going to spread it on a sandwich or even a tortilla roll-up, nothing beats a cream cheese-yogurt mix. Light, fluffy and slightly tart.
But for hot spinach and artichoke dip, I like the addition of mayonnaise and can give or take sour cream or yogurt.
PRO TIP: If you have just a little dip leftover, it makes a mean grilled cheese sandwich!
Mayonnaise is egg and olive oil base, so it keeps the dip moist but also helps it hold together instead of separate after being baked.
However, Ive been known to use any combination of the four depending on what is in the fridge. Feel free to play around with your ratios to find your own perfect spinach artichoke dip variation!
Spinach Dip Without The Soup Mix
November 4, 2015 by Michelle
I know you have probably had the spinach dip with the soup mix in it. It is good, and it is easy. Well, this one is just as good and just as easy, but without the soup mix. Now, as much as I would like to say I came up with this just to avoid whatever bad stuff might be lurking in the soup mix, I will be honest and tell you that it was just not the case. I came up with it to avoid the food allergies of someone eating it. But, I have to tell you that it really didnt take much to turn this into a delicious dip without the mix.
I did use onion powder and garlic powder in this dip to keep it as easy as the original, but you could use fresh onions and garlic if you dont mind a little extra time putting it together.
You May Like: Aldi Cream Of Chicken Soup
How To Make Knorr Spinach Dip:
I combine sour cream, mayonnaise and Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix into a bowl.
Make sure to squeeze all of the liquid from the spinach and add it along with the water chestnuts and green onions. Mix it all together really well, cover and refrigerate it for a couple of hours.
We love it so much sometimes it never makes it to the fridge to chill, that’s okay too!
We love serving it with crunchy tortilla chips but carrots, celery, fresh broccoli or sweet pepper slices are always good too and a little healthier.
Although we make this all year long, it is a must-have for every summer cookout. I have even piled it onto a grilled burger. Don’t knock it until you try it!
Appetizers are always my favorite part of any cookout or holiday dinner. Sometimes we just make appetizers when our family comes over for birthdays or small holidays.
I like to have a big variety of appetizers for any gathering and lately we have been loving my Hawaiian Onion Dip and this Chunky Vegetable Dip. My Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie Dip is perfect for something sweet.
I am gearing up for summer, it’s going to be a great one around here. We are making garden plans already and we are putting the finishing touches on a chicken house with a nice fenced yard for them to run amok.
We have been wanting chickens since we moved to Oklahoma and it’s finally happening. We have been getting fresh eggs from the neighbor but I’m over the moon to have our own.